Changing

The One I Love

Chapter 5

Changing

 

Today’s morning was a bit chilly, yet so beautiful. Last night Jonghyun had sent me a text asking to meet him early at school. I agreed and made my way to school though I was still a bit sleepy.

I’ve never really been a morning person, and have always tried to get in on those few extra minutes. Yet as I made my way to the university a small smile crossed my lips.

Last night I thought a lot about Shin Hye’s word and decided that I would soon confess to Jonghyun by the end of the week. As I reached the entrance to school I can see him waiting there patiently.

His hair covered his right eye and he slowly reached up a hand to brush those strands away. He was wearing a white knit sweater and light blue jeans.

As I got closer he looked up and smiled.

“You came.”

“I told you I would, didn’t I.”

He chuckled moving his head up and down.

“So who is this person you want me to meet?”

“She should be arriving shortly, but I’ll tell you about her. Her name is Kim Jiwon. She became my friend’s Kim Woo Bin younger sister through marriage. Since she wanted to study in Seoul he asked me to take care of her.”

“Oh and you want me to be her chingu?”

“Deh since she doesn’t know anyone besides me I’d really appreciated if you could be her friend, and I actually think you guys will get along great.”

I thought for a moment before nodding my hand. We could be friends but my best friend would always be Shin Hye since I was loyal I wouldn’t let anyone take her spot but I could make room for her in my heart.

We waited for a few more minutes when I finally say her. Long straight hair a shimmering brown that reached below her cleavage and big round brown eyes, she could be a model. I resisted the urge to pull out my sketchbook and draw her with the wind blowing her hair back.

When she finally made it to where we were Jonghyun introduced us.

“Jiwon this is Rae Sun, but you can just call her Rae she’s someone I trust and care for so I hope you two become close friends.”

Hearing his words made my heart flutter; my attention still on Jiwon I smiled and bowed as did she.

Jiwon POV

I arrived at the university a bit late and was surprised when I saw a girl with Jonghyun and even more as I saw Jonghyun look at her with a caring gaze it made my heart burn.

I had already resolved to make him mine and I didn’t really need a girl in the way.

When he introduced us he didn’t mention her as his girlfriend but I knew he liked her a lot though I hadn’t figured out if as a friend or if as something else.

Sighing mentally I bowed when she did. If I wanted him id need to play the innocent new girl well. I always get what I want no matter what and I wanted him though I felt bad for Rae it only lasted for a while since I saw him touch her head messing up her hair making me bristle inside.

Rae POV

After Jonghyun finished messing up my hair we took Jiwon to the administration’s office and got her schedule.

We shared third period together and she had second period with Jonghyun. We showed her exactly where her class rooms would be. She would also be joining us for lunch.

During first period instead of sitting next to YongHwa Shin Hye sat next to me. Pulling out a sheet of paper she began to scribble.

So when do you plan on confessing.

This weekend

Chincha! You’re finally going to do it

Deh I thought about it a lot

Chukhahaeyo

Wae?! I still haven’t asked him and he hasn’t said yes

Ya! I know he will he will say yes

I was about to reply when I noticed Jonghyun turn around.

“What are you two up to?”

“Nothing,” we both said in union.

He stared at the note which I was hiding under my hands.  When I saw him try and take it, in a panic I shoved it in my mouth. Both Shin Hye and Jonghyun stared in surprise mouth slightly open eyes wide.

Then Shin Hye burst into a silent fit of laughter while Jonghyun furrowed his brows and turned to pay attention once again to class.

“Oh Shin Hye I meet Jonghyun’s friends dongsaeng early today she is really pretty, model like and will be eating lunch with us.”

“Chincha, is she really that pretty.”

“Deh… but to me Shin Hye is the prettiest girl in the whole wide world, who makes me jealous and also my best friend for life.”

“Arasseo and Rae is also my gorgeous best friend for life.”

“ I’m not pretty just plain.”

“That’s because you never dress nicely but that one time we had our girls night out I saw it you were beautiful.”

I blushed I had never been told I was pretty and having someone saying it to me made me blush especially someone as good looking as Shin Hye. If she didn’t have a boyfriend there would be a long line of boys waiting to ask her out, as it was there where a few brave ones that tried but got rejected since she already had YongHwa.

Class ended and I made my way to art and continued working on my project. I had finished sketching the outline last time and today would be working on the details. That one hour flew by fast and soon I found my way to lunch.

I arrived at the same time as Shin and Yong. We made our way to the table and waited for Jonghyun and Jiwon but when they did arrive my heart sank a bit.

 She had her arm wrapped around his and both where laughing. Since I wasn’t his girlfriend I didn’t have the legal right to be jealous, but I was. Holding it in I turned to Shin Hye and smiled.

“Gwenchana?”

“Deh, why wouldn’t I be?”

She just shook her head and moved over to make room for the Jonghyun and Jiwon.

“Jiwon this is YongHwa and his, girlfriend, Shin Hye I’ve know them since junior high. YongHwa is in band with me, Shin Hye is in the acting department and she can show you around that section since you have acting 4th period.”

“Anyong,” said both Shin Hye and YongHwa at the same time. It’s kind of freaky yet cool how both of them respond and say the exact same thing.

“Anyong,” said Jiwon.

YongHwa always being the sweet outgoing guy asked her many questions. Shin Hye just smiled but didn’t talk while I mostly looked at Jonghyun while I listened to her responds. I must have starred to long because Jonghyun turned and smiled at me.

“Wae, do I have something on my face.”

Trying to act cool I simple said “Ani but did you cut your bangs they look shorter?”

“Ani I just styled it differently.”

Lunch finished and Jiwon and I walked to class together. Since we had class on the third floor it was mostly empty before we reached our third period class, ethics, she turned around.

“I’ll be frank I like Jonghyun and plan on making him mine if you don’t want to get hurt than back off. I always get what I want and I’d rather not hurt you, because in all reality well I pity you. Can’t you see Jonghyun only views you as a friend but yet you cling to him? He obviously befriended you because you look like the type of girl who can’t make friends. You’re weak, fragile and the fact that you’re shy doesn’t suit him. I’m a better match don’t you think.”

I was rendered speechless how could she find out so quickly that I like him? I’m I that obvious? Before I could reply she turned back and entered the class room I followed silently.

Sung Joon POV

 I had just run an errand to the third floor and walking down the hall to the stairs when I noticed to girls talking.

As I got closer I hear their conversation.

“I’ll be frank I like Jonghyun and plan on making him mine if you don’t want to get hurt than back of,” said the girl with her back to me.

So their fighting over a guy thinking it was stupid I choose to ignore them and plugged in my headphones. That’s when I noticed her. The second lead singer of BES she had just joined this year but she had a phenomenal voice, which I thought suited or team DA better.

As I got closer I noticed she had a pain expression but followed the other girl inside the class room.

Well it’s not any of my business so I’ll just ignore it.  I than made my way to class.

 

Rae POV

I was completely in shock. How could this have happened! Just when I had decided to confess my feeling to Jonghyun something like this happens.

Babo Babo Babo I mentally curse at myself. Through my mental breakdown I didn’t pay attention to class and became startled when the dismissal bell rang. 

Sighing internally I made my way to the practice room. Since all bands had a meeting today I direct myself to the small auditorium specifically for band practice. Here we all gathered for meetings and special events and when we needed to practice we went to our own rooms. There were 5 but only 3 where occupied.

As I entered the auditorium I bumped into someone.

“Mianhae” looking up I realize id bump into Sung Joon he just stared at me not saying a word before walking in.

I had to say he was good looking if you go for the bad boy type. His hair styled messily his personally seemed stoic and somewhat cold. You could never guess what he was thinking since he never really showed any emotions.

Quickly forgetting him I walk in and join the others.

“What took you so long,” asked Jonghyun

“Mianhae I just got caught up in school traffic.”

Giving him I smile, which he returned showing of those two dimples that I loved, we turned our attention to the music department head Mr. Han.

“As you all know we will be having Battle of the Bands pretty soon. Though it’s 4 months away the time will pass by quickly. All three bands will perform a total of three songs each and I expect to have your song list a month before the completion understood.”

“Deh gyo su-nim.”

“Okay also I have another piece of important news. The auditorium will go under some remodeling and a second stage will be added, which will be perfect for our band competition.”

Once we were dismissed we headed for our practice room.

“So YongHwa oppa have you finally decided what songs we will sing.”

“No not yet.”

“Yah how come you call him oppa and you don’t call me oppa?”

“Wae are you jealous, should I call you oppa too?”

“What I’m not jealous….. I’m just saying call me oppa besides I knew you first.”

I laughed for the first time, I felt relieved and stress free.

JongHyun POV

I was shocked when I heard her call YongHwa oppa. I mean I’ve known her longer and we talk and text everyday even if it’s a simple goodnight, so I was a bit hurt.

“How come you call him oppa,” I heard myself say before I could stop myself.

“Wae are you jealous, should I call you oppa too?”

“What I’m not jealous….. I’m just saying call me oppa besides I knew you first.” What was I doing I couldn’t control myself. I mentally belittled myself but smiled when I saw her laugh. It was a full on happy laugh the type that is contagious and makes others smile as well.

For some reason I felt relieved somehow I was beginning to feel distant from her. Today just felt different and I was a bit worried it had affected us. I guess it felt different since Jiwon came and it shook up our routine a bit, but I hope everything would settle soon.

  Too bad I would soon find out I was wrong.

We practice for three hours until we are told we have leave by the school staff. I offer to walk Rae home but she declined I’m slightly puzzled but ignore it as I walk home.

Rae Pov

As I walked home I let my mind wonder to today’s events. I knew Jonghyun was really friendly and kind unless you made him mad if you did it would be wise to run. The image of him and jiwon arm in arm laughing made my heart ache even more was the fact that she had declared war on me for Jonghyun’s love and in reality I had little faith in myself.

Eotteokhae eottokae!!! I screamed in my mind

That night after I finished my shower a sent Jonghyun a message saying goodnight, it was the first message he failed to reply and I realized things where already changing.

 

Soooooo how did you like it?? To be honest I love writing from different points of view so it will be constantly changing anyways hope you guys enjoyed it.