6

The Chicken Case

6.

 

Minhee closed the door after herself and frowned looking at the sky. It was dark already and when she glanced at the clock on her phone, she realized that it was already late and that she must had spent more time with Euntae that she thought.
As she waved at another teacher who locked the door, she started walking back. It felt really cold and she was trembling.
 
“Why is it so dark today?” she asked to the empty street and hugged her notes tightly “ I am certainly dumb. I went for few minutes and spent almost an hour talking with different people and now I am cold, this is just the best,”
Steps were heard out of nowhere and she turned around. That creepy atmosphere fired up the lamp that was flashing in front of her. She sighed “ Major really should invested more to things like this,”
 
Suddenly someone jumped on her from behind and she landed on the floor. Her knee ached and she was sure it was bleeding. Because she was holding the notes tightly she couldn’t stop her fall fully, so her chin was scratched and she was sure that her hands will be red too.
But in that moment her biggest problem weren’t those scratches but the thing that happened next.
Another person out of nowhere turned her around, and she with widely opened eyes looked at the person in front  of her.
 
His face was almost covered, but it was a man, for sure. In shock she held her notes tightly and he started to pull them harshly from her hands scratching her, while the second one held .
When they took all the notes from her hands, one of them angrily torn them and they looked at each other running away.
 
Minhee was stunned. She laid in the same position on the ground feeling the pain in her knees and arms and face. Tears ran down her face but she was not able to move.
 
“May I help you?” the voice she knew asked from far and was coming closer and closer. She wasn’t able to answer although she wanted to cry for help.
“Minhee? It’s that you?” Yonguk quickly squirmed to her and helped her sit.
 
She was cold, because her back was touching the ground too long. Dizzy glanced at him and closed her eyes hardly. It was hard to believe what  had just happened to her.
When Yonguk didn’t get the answer he looked around and realized everything. Tracing with his finger the scratch on her chin he hissed angrily.
“When I am going to find the human who did this I surely will kill him,”
 
Minhee was surprised with the seriousness in Bang’s voice. She wasn’t certain about why, but she felt that he was telling her the truth and that he meant every single word he said.
Pulling her up, he looked on her body. Her old pants stained with dirt had a big hole on one knee and he could see that her knee was bleeding hardly.
“Come on I take you home,” Yonguk said because he knew that she was in shock. Minhee needed at that moment something warm, her house, people she loved. Maybe for some people what happened would be just a piece of cake, but it really wasn’t.
 
“No, don’t take me there,” she told him as she grabbed his hand stopping him in walking.
Yonguk was close to her face and he saw the desperate look in her eyes. He nodded and took out phone from his pocket “ Daehyun, look, come near the kindergarten quickly and take a camera with you. Someone probably ambushed Minhee, I am coming home,”
 
“If you don’t mind I will carry you,” Yonguk picked her from the ground and she placed her hands around his neck.  Yonguk had a bad feeling and the creature in his arms looked devastated. His anger was rising.
Maybe because Han Minhee reminded him of Leni or something, he would rather chase after person who did that to her, than to carry her home. But also he had a sudden urge to keep her in his arms in safety.
 
 

 

Bang knocked on the door with his foot and the door immediately opened. Zelo and Youngjae quickly moved. They prepared everything to help her. The first-aid kit was on the table and Jongup with Himchan just moved a bed to the room.
 
“Thank you,” Minhee said as Yonguk placed her on the bed. While Bang carried her, which took more than 15 minutes because he was looking out for her, she started to breathe normally. The warmth of the strong man that had her in arms soothed her startled soul.
“What?How? Why?” Jongup asked in speed and Minhee glanced at him with startled eyes. She herself had to remember what happened and she had to look at her wounds. From the shock she didn’t realize how painful they were, until Yonguk ripped a part of her pants down.
 
“Sorry, “ he apologised and backed of “Youngjae do photos,”
Minhee wasn’t able to continue talking. Youngjae kneeled in front of her legs and did photos of every single scratch she had on her body. When he had finished Zelo started taking care of her knee and with forceps took the small rocks in her wound out.
Himchan sat on the chair facing her and started “ What have happened, start from beginning. You have time, don’t worry,”
 
“Auch!” Minhee cried when Zelo sprayed something on the hole in her leg. Maybe it was the thing that helped her wake up from her daze even more, she started
“ I went to grab the notes I had forgotten in the kindergarten. On my way home, someone jumped at me from behind and I fell down,” she said and Yonguk noticeably growled.
They knew that there was more to the story, she wouldn’t have both elbows full of scratches.
“Then they turned me around and pulled the notes from me. I was so stiff, that they had some difficulties. When they found out I don’t have any money with me, they torn the papers and left me there,” she breathed out calmly although boys saw that her eyes were filling up with tears.
 
Zelo lifted her arm up to get to the elbow and cleaned it up.
“They? How many of them?”
Daehyun walked in to the room and answered on her place “ Two of them. Two men,” he said and glanced at Minhee with concern.
“ I know that you are probably shocked, but I have to ask before it is going to vanish from your memory, “ Youngjae pronounced “ Can you somehow characterise them?”
Minhee closed her eyes with her trembling eyelids. Yonguk felt so helpless. Seeing her pale face made him want to hug her.
 
She opened them again and said “ I don’t know if it’s going to help you, but I can draw what I saw,”
“I am going to bring a sketchbook,” said Jongup and left the room.
When Zelo finished with treating her she slightly bowed her head and Himchan asked “ Do you think it was someone from the town?”
“ I don’t know, “ Minhee sipped the hot tea Daehyun brought her “ Honestly speaking I am normally in the Seoul and something like this has never happened to me,”
 
“Can I go home now?” she asked and took the sheet of papers Jongup gave her “ I am going to draw it for you and post it through MInsuk,” she said and boys nodded.
“Fine, but you are not going alone,” Yonguk said and took Daehyun’s jacket from the closet “Daehyun will lend this to you,” he said and helped her wear it.
“Thank you,” Minhee bowed to five guys in the house as she was leaving.
 
“This is our job, Minhee,” Himchan said and glanced at guys when the door closed.
“This town is not going to be that boring as we thought,” said Himchan, more to himself than to others and shifted to that special day.
 
Himchan 27 years old
 
We all were hiding in the car waiting for the instruction from Zelo that we can barge in, Bang was already prepared to shock them with the lachrymatory gas bomb in hand. We had never went out to trigger the massive action attack. Youngjae always got the plan right. We had got what we needed with minor sacrifices and we were always fully synchronised.
There was a meaning why Yonguk and I wanted to choose the people on our own. We have these abilities, no fantasy-related, but it was due to our experience through the years.
 
I can with one look tell you the person’s personal body reference. Startling with height, weight, if he or she did sports, which one, how old that person is and other things. On the other hand and that’s why Yonguk and me were always like a special combo, he can with one sight know the person’s characteristics. The basic ones, starting with their favourite subject in school, ending with hobbies, he was always the one who could communicate with person the best, because he knew his answers before he even asked. Youngjae was perfect when it came to the silent operation that were planned for longer time, he was the one who knew the situation the best and was the best when it came to hiding his true identity. Me and Yonguk were too obvious, Jongup had no aura and Daehyun had the biggest of us all. Zelo was too tall to be not spotted and remembered but Youngjae looked like the friend around the block.
Daehyun on the other side was the best when it came to shooting. I knew that he was able to answer questions about lengths and time the best. Every action team needs their back-up people.
 
That’s why the main force of the team were Jongup, Yonguk and I. But we were just those who were close to the people, Daehyun, Youngjae and Zelo were the ones who made us certain that we are going to be fine.
Jongup was  great in his martial arts skills, we always could sent him somewhere and he was good in things like hiding and being quiet.
And Zelo was our IT backup. When we needed to flee quickly, he was able to get into the computers of the traffic office. Slowly, even though I was reluctant to accept him at first, I’d realised that without him we would be screwed.
That day we were waiting to be approved to drag those guys out. But because of me we screwed it.
 
As a phone call came to my earplug I signalled to Zelo to connect it to  me “Yeah,”
“I understand, end line,” I whispered and nodded my head to the Jongup who opened the door of our small van and ran outside. He was supposed to get information about the position of our colleague who was as bait held inside. Those guys we were about to capture were the selling young woman to other countries. We asked a female worker to help us with that and she agreed, so she was our bait.
Several minutes after that  Jongup let us know about the number of the people that were in the room. I looked at Bang and his look was down.
 
He turned to us and said “Something is off, “
“What?” I asked, when it came to the hunches Yonguk was the person you should always believe. He somehow knew what  was going to happen.
“Daehyun don’t shoot,” I told him and he silently sighed.
We waited another three minutes, but the gunshot was herd from outside. Immediately the three of us moved outside.
Jongup was standing there, with gun in his hand and luckily saved the life of out co-worker.
 
Bang was right, it was a trap. They knew we were coming, before even we did something.
All the people inside were just paid for it, the mastermind was gone. I cursed and touched my earplug “Daehyun, do you see something? Zelo, check the camera,”
In few seconds Zelo said “ They are running on the 24th Eastly, you are three minutes from there, run, there is some car waiting for them,”
“Jongup,” I said and Jongup started running already. Yonguk was just beside him and Youngjae took the van closer.
 
“They are almost there, in the car,” Daehyun running voice said. I heard like he positioned his long and heavy gun on the ground and heard him breathe.
“I have them on my trigger, what to do?”
“Don’t shot them, fine?”
Another voice in my head started crying “ No! Shoot, Shoot,” it was a voice of our direct commander. The one that told me and Yonguk to start this unit.
Daehyun had to shoot, but also knew that wasn’t what we wanted. Our target was different from theirs. It was evident that someone wanted to keep his mouth closed. And our commander was just listening to their order.
“Daehyun! Shoot! NOW,” cried general’s voice again.
 
I was stunned and didn’t know what to do then, luckily Yonguk said “Hyun, shoot the tires of that car, now!”
Daehyun did as he was told, Because the car was without functioning tires, it couldn’t move, so all of us got there on time.
Youngjae stopped the car and jumped out, punched one of the man to the stomach and he fell to the ground.
Jongup jumped on the car and from it he hit the man with his knee. Man fell down too and Jongup already sat on him, tying him up.
The mastermind and his two men wanted to escape, but Yonguk took the two man down with one kick and punch to the chin. His and mine fighting skills were the dirtiest ones. We have never learned martial arts. Only thing we knew was how to punch the important places with adequate power, and to cause a damage that can be treated, but get’s people in shock.
 
“Ya! Chan! Catch him,” Yonguk said, holding one man with his knee down and other one with hands behind his head.
The mastermind was right in front of me and I said “ Look, you don’t have anywhere to run, “
As it always happened, that guy started running and I took wooden stick, big as a pen and targeted it to his feet.
With one swift move I tossed it as hardly as I knew it had to be tossed.
Blood spitted through his wound and he fell instantly down.
I calmly walked over and said “I told you, you don’t have to run,” I kneeled and put handcuffs on him.
 
That day after we passed all those guys to the official police squad our general called us in to his office.
“I am very disappointed in you boys,” he sighed “ There was a reason why we wanted him dead, and now just other consequences are waiting for us because of you,”
All the six of us stood there still. Killing wasn’t our thing. Of course it was necessary but we were going so well together because we never wanted the other one to be killer of another person.
 
“Himchan,” he looked at me piercing my soul”I made you the captain because I was certain you can manage your men, but from what I read,” he tossed the paper with our conversation through the wireless station “Yonguk is also doing things in your place,”
Bang faced him with serious expression and I saw how he had to concentrate to be quiet.
“If I were you I wouldn’t want some of my men to talk on my place, make an order!” he shouted.
“Yes, sir,” I said and wanted to leave.
 
“May I talk sir,” Bang asked and general glanced at him surprised the same way as we did. “Go on, Bang Yonguk,”
“We are not going to kill a human because someone wants us to, we promised to serve our country not to kill people because someone else wants us to kill them. That man can and will with little persuasion tell us the names of others,”
General nodded and I knew that he was aware that Bang was telling him the truth. I was always hesitant about my position, Yonguk was the one who was able to talk to authorities more comfortably.
 
“From my chefs, I have to punish you. You disobeyed my direct order,” he said. All of us knew what was going to happen. We were going to be suspended.
“Because you are one of our best units we can’t just let you go, we are going to remove your duties as a special force unit for now. There is a little town in area near the Sinri. We are going to send you the proper address in few days. You are for three  months going to stay there. I have to clean your mess. From now on you are normal police officers. You are forbidden to go to Soeul or near our centre. You are forbidden to have a contact with us. That’s all leave. I’ll see you in three months,”
 
We all saluted and were about the leave when general stopped Zelo “ Look, we need people like you Zelo, and considering your relationship with higher places I have an offer, you can join…”
Zelo rudely cut him off “ No, thank you sir. I like the place where I am now,”
I smiled. Zelo knew how to get close to you.
 

 

“Does it hurt too much?” Bang asked as Minhee hobbled little bit because of her knee. She refused the piggyback he wanted to give her, she knew she wasn’t  the lightest woman, and that guy had to carry her before.
 
“No,” she said and it was true. She was more in mental shock “ By the way can I ask you something? How old are you?”
Yonguk smiled, he didn’t expect that question at all “ I am 27, Himchan is the same age as me. Daehyun is 24, Youngjae 23, Jongup 22 and Zelo is 21,” he said and Minhee blushed little bit, she really never asked a guy that question so it was little bit embarrassing “ May I call you oppa?”
Yonguk’s heart stopped for a second. The way uttered the small word was enchanting. Usually woman called him, all of the BAP squad with those names when they wanted something, or when they tried to get their attention.
 
But the way she did it made his insides melt “Of course, you can,”
“Will you do me a favour?” she turned to him just in the moment both of them stopped in front of her house “Don’t talk about this with anybody. Keep it for yourselves. This is small town and gossip goes around quickly. My halmeoni can’t know that. She would do unbelievable things,”
Yonguk looked to her eyes. They were so sincere, scared but much more about her grandma than about herself.
“Don’t worry, but I have one propose,” Yonguk said and Minhee, was little startled with the way his voice soothed her. It was so deep, it echoed in her heart and made her shiver.
 
“We are going to teach you how to defend yourself,”
“Fine, I agree,” she said and he stole her phone and dialled his number.
“Whenever, whatever will happen to you, call me, or us. I will surely come,” Yonguk said and Minhee’s cheeks burned like hell. He smiled at her and she realized she was more dazed with his smile than with anything else.
 
“I will oppa. Thank you,” she said and closed the door behind her.
Yonguk watched as she turned off the light in the hall and looked at her house. From his pocket he took a small device in black colour and looked at the screen.
Without Minhee’s realisation he hid a GPS chip in her phone. The green light was slowly moving on his screen.
 
Bang smiled. Nobody was going to hurt her. He really didn’t know why, but he was sure that he had to look after her.

Och, HI! Another chapter is up....I hope you like it...Don't worry everything will fall into right place in the end...:D

I hope you will have nice Sunday and even more week in front of you.

Have fun and don't be affraid to be crazy. People who love you will accept you the way you are:d BYE:D