13

The Chicken Case

13.

 

In few moments BAP members and Minsuk reached his house. Truthfully Minsuk was little uneasy about everything. He knew his sister had some problems with dangerous situations and he also knew why. Of course his sister wasn’t talking about that with anybody, but he was a clever boy and he realised what was her problem.
 
That’s why he was surprised when he had spotted his sister standing in front of the house with the sketch- book she used regularly.
 
BAP members on the other side immediately started making photos of the place and Yonguk glanced at Minhee with troubled eyes.
“Are you ok?” he asked without greeting her first, because he saw that she was in deep concentration.
Minhee just nodded and smiled at him “ Hi, thanks that you came so quickly, we have to take this down soon, it can’t stay like this too long,”
Yonguk nodded and other BAP members stopped for few seconds “ Why? It’s normal to keep this thing on, because we have to make some expertises from it,” noted Youngjae and Minsuk shook his head.
 
“No, you are not in the city anymore, this is not how this works here, here you have to realize that people fear this things easily. If you don’t want to cause the town craze, you have to do this in the way no one knows,” he said and scratched his head. It was the first time he was saying something to his hyungs and telling them what they should do.
Himchan nodded “ I understand now, guys, we have to be quick with this,” he said and Zelo glanced at Minhee who was still doing something with her sketchbook.
“What are you doing Minhee?”
“Och, I thought, that I will paint on the wall something different and new, so I am making a design,” she said and turned the paper to them so they could see.
 
Yonguk knew what she was doing, she was trying to occupy herself with something, so she would forgot about what happened.
“Minsuk, Minhee, will you go inside for a some time, till we finish here?” Daehyun calmly asked and both siblings agreed and did what they were told to do.
When the door of the house closed, BAP members started moving. To say the truth they weren’t used to do such things, they weren’t the criminalists after all. Although they knew what to do.
This time Yonguk was the one who said what they had to do “ Zelo, get something and take a sample of that blood,  Daehyun take photos of everything, from the entrance of the house, to every single milimeter of the fence, Jongup, go and check the locks on the house, and think about the way they got in, Youngjae, go check the street and nearest trash bins, they had to throw those things somewhere,”
Youngjae saluted although he wasn’t very happy with his cue.
 
“Himchan and I will go to speak with Han siblings, and check the inside of house, work on it and when you are done quickly move and take it to the house and continue with checking it, ok?”
Himchan smiled seeing his best friend taking it under his command. Yonguk wasn’t person who would do something like that willingly, it meant he really cared about it.
 
Both of them got easily in the house because Minsuk left the door opened. They had found them in the kitchen. Minhee was making six coffees and Minsuk was eating cereals from bowl.
“Och, are you done? I was going to give you coffee,” said Minhee and smiled at them.
 
“No, guys just started working on it, but we have to ask you few questions,” Himchan said and both siblings nodded, while Misnuk made space for them to sit.
“So what did you do after we left?” asked Yonguk and Minsuk with mouth full of food answered his question “ I went to take Ran home, and I came back. The house was quiet, because noona was already sleeping,”
Himchan questioned again “And around what time, did you get home than?”
“About half past eleven probably,”
 
“I cleaned up and went to sleep, I took a sleeping pill, and went to bed about eleven o’clock,”
“So you really couldn’t hear anything what was happening, right?” Yonguk asked and Minhee nodded.
“ I woke up in the morning, went to buy something to eat for my brother, but instead of it, I have found this,” she clapped her hands sadly and served the coffee in front of them.
“Do you have any theory about this?” Himchan looked at Minsuk “ You know, we are not as familiar with the conditions in this town than in bigger ones, so it’s hard for us to come up with something,”
“Yeah, it’s hard to explain, but we need something from what we can begin,”
 
Minhee sat down and stayed silent, she wasn’t truly informed about everything, so she wasn’t sure about what can she say to them. On the other side Minsuk tilted his head to one side and started “ If you want to really hear my honest opinion, I think it has to do something with Minhee’s high-school class,”
Minhee glanced at her brother with questioning face and it looked like idea came to her mind.
“Wait, here,” she said and disappeared somewhere, leaving three guys in daze.
 
She returned with the schoolbook she found on the attic last time. She opened the book on her class and Yonguk took a paper from his pocket. It was the paper Minsuk secretly passed them the day before.
“We can check this,” Himchan said and looked at photos in the book.
There was a pretty girl with very short hair, and it was pretty surprising considering that it was not easy for girl to have short hair in school.
“This is Byun dae-rin, “ read Yonguk  and Himchan asked “ Can you tell us something about her?” he turned to Minhee who smiled.
 
“Daerin was always different than people in our town, she was not stupid, she was not easy-going, but she was really understanding when it came to the people. That’s why she never wanted to go to the big university, she wanted to study psychology in one institution in the city. And she got there, so nowadays she is studying in Ulsan,” Minhee answered and Himchan nodded.
“What about this girl Park…”
 
“She is studying in Busan, but she came back currently because she will be married soon. She is studying IT technologies,”
“What about Choi Changjun?” he showed the picture to Minhee and she immediately started “ He went to Seoul for studies to study music, but he had stopped because soon he will be a part of symphonic orchestra,”
“Shin Junhyun?”
“He was really clever, and very warm-hearted. He is studying in Incheon, he will be a doctor soon, at least that what I had heard,”
“Kim…” continued asking Yonguk.
 
“He and Lee,” Minhee pointed on picture of another girl “ Got married last year and they went together to Busan too, they are now here, on vacation, because she is pregnant,”
“And this girl Song Gul shin?”
“She is I think right now in Incheon, she is studying architecture, she is really clever,” answered Minhee.
“And then there is you and Ranni’s sister, right and you both are in university in Seoul, right?”
Minhee nodded and Yonguk with Himchan started to understand the whole situation. Minsuk raised eyebrow and waited for answer.
Himchan asked one more question “ And others?”
 
“From our class, others are staying in this town, they already had jobs here, or they weren’t accepted. Some of them left the town,” she said and pointed on two girls “ because they had moved to another town,”
“So what do you think?” Minsuk nervously wanted to know, because he couldn’t wait for the answer.
 
“Just people who are going to the town or University faced the problems. And you have also said that that chicken is a symbol of proud and intelligent people, so I think that someone doesn’t like the truth that you are in university,” Himchan said calmly and Minhee couldn’t believe her ears.
“Do you think it is someone from this six people?” She pointed on the schoolbook dazed.
“Yeah, it’s someone from them, we have to go and ask things,”
Minsuk worriedly glanced at his sister and rubbed his chin “ But that means that the one who is doing those things knows my sister completely, and also Sumi noona,”
 
Yonguk nodded “ I know, that’s why you have to be careful, don’t go out at night alone,”
Minhee wanted to stop him and remark that she is working also it night, so it can’t be helped “ You have to go with someone,” he finished and didn’t give her chance to stop him.
“Wait,” Minhee started “ There are another people who have the same problem as me, you can’t just look after me,”
Yonguk wanted to oppose but Himchan said “ Don’t worry we are going to look after other people too,”
 
Minsuk was more than just scared because he knew that it was pretty bad. His sister hadn’t seen another places where chicken was killed.
 
The truth was, their place looked the worse.
 

 

Yonguk and Himchan opened the door and walked to other BAP members with serious faces. Yonguk almost emotionally loosened it with Minhee, and said something he shouldn’t had. Luckily there was Himchan who stopped him soon enough to not scare her.
“What is happening hyungs?” Zelo asked as he observed the change in their behaviour.
“This is naturally somehow connected with Minhee and she is in big danger, so from now on, we are going to look after her closely,” Himchan answered his question and BAP members nodded.
“And also after Sumi, Ran’s sister,” Yonguk remarked and Daehyun nodded.
 
“Jongup, and Yonguk,” Himchan called them “ You are going to stay here and help Minsuk to paint the wall and clean the place,”
Both of them saluted and Yonguk asked others “ What have you found?”
Daehyun was the first one to answer him “ Considering the way I see things from the photos, this was truly did just by one person, and I think that the blood was brought here,”
“I think that the blood was more than two days old, and certainly wasn’t from a chicken,” remarked Zelo and showed him the glass which was filled with the red substance “ I have to carry out some other tests to say exactly from which animal is this blood, but for certain it’s not from human,”
“I looked at the looks and everywhere, and this person must have had a key, there was nothing wrong with the locks, or with other places, “ Jongup said and in that exact moment Youngjae with two plastic bags came and stated “ I have found this two bottles in which they probably carried the blood here, I am going to take it home and search for fingerprints,”
 
“Fine, go to work and Youngjae, you know this techniques better than us, is there a way how to know if someone copied a key?” wanted to know Himchan.
Youngjae was thinking hardly and answered “ There is a way, but we need a special computer program for it, so if Zelo is going to help me than we can try,”
After that Youngjae borrowed Minhee’s and Minsuk’s keys, while Jongup quickly brought them some new locks and also brand new keys.
 
Like that every BAP member had their own think to do. Daehyun went to the school to borrow their lab and test everything. Youngjae and Zelo started to work on the program and Himchan made other tests.
 

 

“Do you think it is fine?” asked Yonguk as he wall the last time. The front wall of their house was in yellow color and looked flawless.
Everywhere was this strange and spicy smell that came from new colour.
Minhee was going to answer that everything was fine, but in that moment well known girl ran to the house and immediately jumped at her.
“Are you ok, unni? Minsuk have just told me what happened here,” she said hugging her closely.
“It’s fine, you should be worrying about Sumi too,”
“I know, that’s why I am here, to know if I can help with everything.”
 
Yonguk was still waiting for the answer and glanced at Minhee with raised eyebrow. She didn’t seem to understand him and he got red in the face, as he was looking at her in different way.
Jongup had just finished installing new locks and came with scribbler in his hand and Minsuk beside him “It looks better,” he said as he saw the new paint.
“We have to wait, until it’s dry enough that I can paint on it what I want to, so till the time comes I have to go to the shop,” Minhee said and wanted to leave but Jongup stopped her.
 
“I’ll go with you and help you, so you are not going to be alone, Yonguk hyung can teach Minsuk his part,”
It was  more than evident that Yonguk was contend with his plan, but Ran started sulking “ And what about me?”
“I can teach you something don’t worry,” Yonguk said knowing that she was afraid to be alone all the time.
Jongup and Minhee left after Minhee changed her clothes to something clean and without colour and Yonguk was left in the house with two teenagers.
 
“What are you going to teach me hyung?” asked Minsuk and kissed the top of Ran’s head.
“The basics of fighting, but the real fighting, not some kind of martial arts like Jongup is teaching but the one that is going to help you get from the situation and run away,”
Minsuk lead him to the garden and smiled at Ran who was enjoying the moment. According to her, her boyfriend was really cute and cool in that moment and she was full of pride.
But of course she was not going to tell him that. It was enough that he thought of himself too much, she was not willing to make him even more jerkish.
 
“Ok, first thing, “ Yonguk started and looked at both of them “ What is the best way of defence?”
“Using the moment of surprise?!”
“No, Minsuk that is the second thing you can do,” Yonguk stated “ You have to try avoiding the contact. Do not beat anybody until you don’t have to. If someone is going to attack you anyway, that’s the point when you use the moment of surprise,”
Ran laughed “ Wow, this is interesting, I can understand why you are so eager to learn from them,”
“So, and where you can hit person to cause him the moment of surprise quickly?”
“Eyes? Neck?” tried Minsuk and Yonguk nodded “ Ran what would you hit the first?” he smirked and she blushed trying to find the way to express it nicely so it will not be too funny.
 
“His manhood,” she stayted and Minsuk’s eyes widened as he glanced at her “ But that is painful!”
“Yeah, that’s the point, but don’t worry, we are not going to try that,”
“Stand up,” ordered Yonguk to the young boy who with worried face stood up.
“Don’t worry I am not going to hurt you,”
 
Minsuk stood the way Yonguk positioned him and the young officer started explaining “ See Ran, if you see a man tall as Minsuk, the place you can hit him is here,” he motioned with his hand on his back “ You see Ran this is the place where Minsuk has his kidneys and if you hit this place,”he hit the place lightly with the side of his hand “ You are for sure going to have the time to run,”
Minsuk turned to his hyung massaging his back, because the place he hit hurt a little “ And what about me hyung?”
“Sorry, look, the you have to hit the side, under the ribs,” Yonguk said and showed him the place on himself “ You know when you run, you usually feel pain in this area, when you hit it, it’s going to hurt enough and you can leave,”
 
Minsuk tried to hit the place with his hand, but Bang’s stomach was too hard because of the muscles that his own hand hurt from it.
“Hyung, what do you think about my sister, is she going to be fine?”
Yonguk stopped and looked at the young boy in front of him, to state the truth he wasn’t sure, what he can answer “ We will try everything to make your sister safe, soon other cameras will be near your home, so we will be checking everything,”
 
Ran smiled and watched the way he cared about everything. Next twenty minutes they spent trying other fight techniques. Ran tried it on Minsuk and Minsuk tried it on Yonguk.
 

 

Jongup was holding two bags full of food and Minhee was walking slowly and saying hi, to all of the people in the town. They have bought the things they needed for normal dinner and also some things for other BAP members. Minhee was going to make them food for the lunch too, but she wasn’t sure if it will be enough.
“Minhee!” someone called from behind. Jongup calmly turned around. He heard his steps long before that human tried to contact Minhee.
Young teacher turned around and saw young man running towards her with smile on his face.
“Jihyun? Hello, how are you?”

“ I wanted to ask you, where are you, you haven’t been once at my mass, since Pater left,” man said and smiled at her charmingly.
Jongup was little lost and waited for explanation, but didn’t ask anything, because he wanted to observe the situation first.
Minhee reddened and chuckled charmingly “ Sorry, I was kind of busy…..”
Jihyun just waved his hand and smiled “ Don’t worry, I know you since you are my ex-schoolmate, right? I can’t wait for a miracle,”
Girl stopped and waited for her friend because she saw the way Jongup looked at him.
“Moon Jongup,” she said “ This is my classmate Song Jihyun,”
 
Jongup and that skinny man shook hands and bowed to each other. “ So how is it going without Pater, it’s fine? What about your dog?”
Jihyun scratched his head and answered sadly “ It’s still missing, and I am starting to be very scared. He was with me from the moment I started living alone, and now, when he is gone I feel even more alone than before, “
Minhee suddenly felt an urge to hug him and she immediately did it “ I am so sorry, I can’t probably imagine, what would I do if guleogi got lost, I would be devastated,”
 
Jongup was still little lost, so when younger man left he turned to Minhee and asked “ Who was that guy?”
“ Hm, he is one of my ex-schoolmates, but he had never got to the school, because he lives to be pastor in this church. Right now, because my grandma left with our actual pastor, he is replacing him till he comes back,”
“ And what about that dog?”
Minhee watched young man that walked with her. To say the truth besides Himchan and Yonguk she wasn’t alone with any of them so she didn’t observed them closely. He was skinny, but she saw the way his arms contracted as he was holding the plastic bag in his hands. He was really strong and flexible.
 
“You know, last week his dog vanished. He volunteers in the hospital but he doesn’t live in the house but in the rooftop, of one coffee shop in attic,”
“We should probably tell this to others,” Jongup thought out loud ant had very itchy feeling somewhere near his collarbone.
When the two of them got home, they have found Ran and Minsuk watching variety show and Yonguk observing Minhee’s paintings.
“ Do you like them so much hyung?” asked Jongup as he slowly approached the older guy from behind. Yonguk answered him “ You know, the more you do this sneaky thing, the more I am used to it,  but to answer your question, yeah, I love them,”
Yonguk stopped himself when he realised what he had said. He tried to understand Minhee’s character little more, and that’s why he was observing her paintings so closely.
 
Fortunately his friend had etiquette so he just ignored Yonguk’s exaggerated answer and reported what happened on their way.
“Really?” Yonguk scratched his head and speculated “ So, I thought that only the people who got to the University were attacked, but if this Jihyun was attacked too, then we have a problem,”
In that moment Yonguk’s phone rang “ Yeah, Daehyun, what do you have?”
Minsuk quickly moved closer to the police officer to hear what the phone call was about.
“So, I did the tests, and the blood was from a dog. Based on the quick science test I have done. Also it was the same blood as in the plastic bottles Youngjae had found. Hyung, I was thinking that maybe you should check the grass, because there might be a hair from that dog. We weren’t paying attention to it since we know that Han family also has a dog, so go and check it out,”
 
“ We will, thank you for information, we have to discuss something tonight, because it seems that there are other things that we still don’t know,” Yonguk whispered to the phone because he saw Minhee coming closer with cooked lunch.
When the five of them sat to eat this time Ran’s phone rang and she jumped while some drops of her soup fell on the table.
After few seconds of listening to the person on another line she started eating quickly. “ I have to go to my sister, some kind of big package came, and she has to take it from post office,” she explained while sipping the soup quickly.
Minsuk chuckled as he saw how Ran ate.
 
“Wait wait, Ran eat calmly you will have stomach-ache,” Yonguk said and Ran just continued eating and glanced at him “ Oppa, you don’t know my sister, I have half hour to get to my her, because she is going to kill me, if I won’t be there, believe me,”
 “Sumi isn’t that bad you know? She is just angry when you don’t do what you have to, the same way I am annoyed by Minsuk, the only difference is that I am good to you, but Sumi hates Minsuk, right?” Minhee remarked and Minsuk thought about it a little.
 
And it was the truth, after all his sister got mad too, when he came late, or was slow in understanding.
Some moments later Ranni finished her meal and quickly exited the dining room.
“Sorry guys, “ she said and waved at them “ Minsuk come for me at seven today, we’ll go for walk, “
Minsuk nodded and continued eating calmly.
 
Ran left and everybody continued eating like nothing happened. After good meal Minhee wanted to start painting the front wall, but the phone rang.

 

That day it was the thousand time.
 

So:D this was another chapter, which is kind of revealing....It reveals a lot of things...........

I am personally happy now, because I am going to visit my friend and stay with her for two days...it's little vacation for me....My first in this summer time.

I hope you will like my story, although it might not be so WOAH! as other stories.

But BAP are so cute for me.

So wish me luck, so I finish chapter 14 soon, and update....bye.