4

The Chicken Case
4
 
“Do you have better mood now?” Ran asked through the phone and Minsuk hugged his pillow with other hand.
“I haven’t had a bad mood,” he said although he knew that his girlfriend was startled with the way he acted towards her. Ran on the other side just walked to the window glancing at the dark sky, it was already late, because they had to do other things before they could contact each other.
“You can tell me what happened you know, tomorrow you will tell me everything anyway, so I don’t understand why do you act like nothing happened,  and how it went with the new police officer?” she asked and sat on her bed again.
 
Minsuk smiled, he liked how Ran always looked for him although he was sometimes hard to go with “It was more than interesting, I was studying from book and haven’t fallen asleep for the first time,”
“See, you can be sometimes really clever, when you want, Good boy,” she giggled and Minsuk growled” Am I your pet or what?”
“Yeah you are, “ she said and when Minsuk heard the voice of Ran’s sister on another side he remembered something “ What about that chicken? Are you fine?”
“Why wouldn’t I be? But it was really bad, we had to wait until our father came home and cleaned it up. But from what he said it was really strange because there weren’t any trails that some other animal got in. I don’t know, but I am creep out little bit,”
 
Minsuk knew that Ran was usually afraid almost because of everything, but from experience learned how to let her fear vanish.
“Don’t be silly, for something like that, because I may come there and you will be more frightened,” he growled to the phone and Ran choked.
“Ya! You are ert, I am 17!” she screamed to the phone and had to held her chest because it hurt from the choking.
“And I am 18, and you will be 18 in three months, so don’t do a young maiden from yourself,” Minsuk said already aware that he made his girlfriend angry enough that she had forgotten her fear.
“Chincha, I don’t know why I am dating you, “
 
“Because you know I am the best, good night,” Minsuk singed to the phone and Ran could just sigh.
When Minsuk connected his phone to the laptop, he started transferring the photo to the notebook memory, his sister barged in with his jeans and shirts neatly ironed.
“Ended already?” she asked hanging his clothes to the cabinet.
“What?” he blurted out not getting what she was referring to.
“Your call with Ran,” she couldn’t believe he was not catching up with her. And what made her even more suspicious was when her talkative brother remained focused on the screen on his laptop and just nodded.
 
“What is going on?” she sat next to him on his bed and glanced at the screen. The photo that he took in Ran’s house was still there and she cringed her nose. Minhee knew the surroundings better than well. When she was still in good terms with Sumi she used to meet her a lot in their house.
“When did you take this photo?” Minhee asked and Minsuk glanced at his sister with curious look. He was imagining that she would have the same reaction as Sumi. Future teacher looked  absolutely interested.
“Today, as I walked Ran home. Sumi came from the house telling that the chicken is dead, I thought it was fun, but when I saw this it kind of passed,”
“Whoa!” Minhee stood up.
“What? What happened? Speak! I’ll die from curiosity,” Minsuk pierced her with his eyes.
“When I had yesterday the night shift with kids, you know the Minnie? My old classmate? Her cousin is in my class and that little girl told me something very similar. That she came home and found the chicken dead in the chicken stall. And that it was very similar. I thought that she was exaggerating, you know like children do, but from this I think that it was true,”
Minsuk was staring at Minhee whole time “ Strange,” he pronounced and his sister shrugged her shoulders “ Molla, I need to go. I had switched today with Stella, and she is coming on the night shift on Friday for me, so Yup. By brother, when I return I’ll make lot of food, for those officers, they are pretty tall and well-built so I think they might need it,”
 
She disappeared before her brother could ask how did she know how they looked.
Minsuk fell asleep with pretty bad feeling and that feeling hadn’t left him in dreams either.
 

 

 
All classes were for Minsuk just one pretty long blur. Only time he kind of woke up was when he had a class of physics with his girlfriend.
“Ya! Don’t put it in, not so much!” he cried at her when she put to the boiling water amount of blue substance.
 
“Why I can’t?” Ran said and put it in although her boyfriend was still trying to hold her arm “ Stop it, Ya! Minsuk! I am going to break the glass, it is ok, look other teams did it the same way,”
Minsuk was going to surrender but when he  saw how she put in the liquid that should be put in lot later he screamed at her again “ YA! STOP IT! PLEASE,”
“WHEYO?” she screamed back and without looking at her finger spilled the substance in.
“HIDE!” Minsuk screamed and held the head of his girlfriend tightly and clutched down. In that moment the canopy exploded and white smoke appeared everywhere.
 
The teacher known as Mr. Spicy came through the fog like a ghost and growled, his teeth showed and he grabbed Minsuk’s ear and pulled him up.
Ran was still almost sitting on the ground scared and held her ears.
“Mr. Han and Miss Kwon, “ he started with very angry voice and almost killed them with his eyes “You will clean this up in this moment,”
“De,” two of them said and bowed apologising.
“And come here,” he said and they had to walk to his table “ These are your detention papers, today you are going to help in the kitchen,”
“De,” they said again and Minsuk threw Ran his angry look. Turning to tidy up what they messed teacher called them again “ And,”
“I don’t want to see your relationship problems in my class, from now on, find another partner,”
“But Mr…” Minsuk started but the spicy gaze of their teacher stopped him immediately.
 
When they crouched on the floor to pick up the glass and wipe the water Minsuk growled “I told you, to not put it there,”
Ran stayed calm and wiped the floor thoroughly and just smiled at Minsuk “ You know I am happy that I will not be with you as a partner anymore, you are stopping me and drawing me back,”
Minsuk almost screamed again and pronounced “No you are drawing me back, you are good in everything but you at lab, you know that,” he whispered and Ran ignored him.
When they finished cleaning Minsuk was still frowning little bit and said “Ya! Do you see what are you doing?”
 
Ran ignored him again and went to close her locker and take her lunch out “ I would be more concerned that you have to let it know to the police men that are going to wait for you,”
“Oh, you are right,” he said and quickly took his phone from pocket “But I don’t have their numbers, so what can I do?” he turned to face his girlfriend who just shrugged her shoulders and ignored him again.
 
He wrote really quick message to his sister and paced to catch his frowning girlfriend.
 

 

Minhee was just working in the garden with gloves on her hands trying to fix the plants on right places, when her phone rang for seconds. She coursed loudly and immediately looked around to see if there was nobody who would hear her terrible words.
She put the gloves down and took it from her pocket. It was her brother asking her to go to the police station and inform them that he would be coming later because he had to stay after class.
 
“What have you done again? Detention? Ya! This boy will get it from me after all,” she cursed almost again and placed her hand on .
She left the gloves in the kitchen and quickly took her apron off. She quickly glanced at her foot, they weren’t full of dirt so she shrugged her shoulders, and took her keys calling at her grandma.
“Halmeoni, I will be in half an hour back ok? I have to go out for moment,”
Hamleoni was in her room watching some TV drama with Kim Jaejoong so she just said “ Hm,”
Minhee took it that she apparently understood her and walked out.
 
She was little excited to see the boys living in that office, but couldn’t find the courage to go there on her own. And this was a great opportunity.
In few minutes she was in front of the yellow building and she too was very impressed with the way it looked. Remembering the old image in her mind she had to accept the fact that those guys very little freaky, as her brother said before.
She came closer and rang the doorbell.
Maybe you are curious why the police station has doorbell and not the modern glass through always opened door. It’s really simple. Because the village is so small it was originally normal house and they later transformed it to the police office. So it had everything an old house has a windows with holders of flowerpots and mailbox.
For few minutes nothing happened, so she rang again. When she wanted to knock the door finally opened and the sight almost caught her breath and lead to her heart stopping.
 
“Sorry,” the man in front of her covered himself with the first thing he found and it was the old blue navy jacket  “Come in and sit down,”
Minhee was in absolute paralysation so she wasn’t able to move and that guy almost closed the door in front of her “Come in,” he repeated and she without thinking walked to the house with her heart jumping hard.
When man disappeared she breathed heavily in and out. She was shocked the way she never was. That body was just too perfect to keep her untouched. But what made her even more curious was that he was so skinny and strong looking at the same time.
His six-pack was visible and his arms were just bones, skin and muscles. Not huge and wide but muscular. She was certain that an anatomy class should be studying the muscles on his arms.
 
In a minute he and one other guy she didn’t know came to her and bowed “ We are sorry, that we just opened the door like this, but we were exercising, sorry for startling you,” his voice was husky and deep and now that he was wearing a proper uniform, she was able to finally concentrate on his face. It was really handsome and manly but at the same time soft . He had finely shaped eyes and he was looking almost like a model.
And the other one was in her opinion very mysterious. Big eyes, thick lips and pierce face. He was smaller than the other one and she was sure that he would be one of her favourite kids in the class.
Minhee was studying pedagogy so she had to study something about psychology and she was more than sure about the types of people.
That’s why she was more than excited that he was that kind of guy. Hard to get used to him, but when you do, you get the best student, friend or colleague.
 
“I am sorry, that I came without calling first, but I have a message from my brother to you, if I have to introduce myself, I am Han Min Hee,” she bowed and smiled at them.
In that moment four other guys walked in to the room fully dressed up and the two of them who noticed Minhee and knew her already bowed instantly.
“Hello,” Yonguk calmly greeted her and she blushed. Before she haven’t seen that his mouth was adorable. Not perfect but adorably cute and when he smiled his gums were showing.
“Hello,” she greeted back.
Jongup was the one who cut the awkward silence and pronounced “ I really love your cooking, this morning it was really different,”
Minhee smiled for herself. Of course it was different she packed them like 4 times more than she used to the days before.
 
“We need to introduce ourselves, I am Himchan, this is Daehyun, this is Youngjae and this is finally Zelo, our youngest,”
Minhee’s cheeks painted in red again and she smiled. So the one with thick lips was Daehyun. The way those six really powerful men stood in front of her gave her shudders and Goosebumps.  
“Thank you, that you called me in, but I need to just say to you something from my brother. Minsuk is going to be in detention today, so he will be running late,”
“Och I see, and he doesn’t have numbers of our self phones,” Youngjae said and went with his hand through his brown silky hair.
“If you want to, you can give me the empty boxes so I can fill it for you tomorrow,” she said and smiled warmly.
Yonguk’s heart warmed the way it used to years before he came to this town. Minsuk’s young and in his eyes beautiful sister reminded him of Leni. His old best friend, the only girl who beside that he looked like a badass looked through his heart and accepted his heart.
 
To be exact all of them were without proper relationships. Of course that they weren’t priests and they had girls before, but it had never lasted more than month.
“That’s exactly what I wanted to say,” Himchan started and Jongup looked at him pretty surprised “You are not our cook, so it’s maybe bad that you cook so much for us. We can pay you because It makes us feel pretty bad when you look after us so much,”
Jongup and Youngjae kicked him at once from behind, but the move was so quick that Minhee wasn’t able to notice anything.
She cringed her nose “ I don’t want to be rude, but I am certainly not your maid. And I was doing the same for ajjushi. I just have to give you something, because you are looking after my silly brother very much and I would be myself feeling bad If you didn’t get anything,”
Yonguk smiled again and Minhee immediately noticed it. That guy wasn’t like he looked at all. Minhee’s mind was slowly turning and she found herself surprised about how long was she thinking about that guy.
 
“I am sorry we didn’t want to make you angry,” said Jongup trying to maintain for sure another delivery of food for next day.
“You didn’t,” Minhee smiled “ If I was talking too strictly it’s because my own teacher instincts are showing up,” she chuckled again and Zelo brought the boxes for her and bowed.
 That was when something got to Minhee’s mind “ By the way, how should I call you?” she turned around and eyed every man in the room.
It looked like everybody was older than her, but she wasn’t sure about that blond giant.
“How old are you?” Youngjae asked and she smiled “ 21,”
“So you can call the five of us oppa, and this guy here is your friend,” he said and pointed on Zelo who smiled.
“Fine, see you, I hope that you will come to dinner on Saturday,” she left and Yonguk closed the door. Grinning he smirked at Himchan and his best friend was shocked by his behaviour.
 
“What is with you?” Himchan banged him little bit annoyed by his smirk.
“ She is so like Leni,”
“No, she is not, Leni was never so dominant,” Himchan said remembering his teenage love. Yonguk face-palmed himself. So that was what was so different about her.
Yonguk had to admit that he liked her even more.
“Have you seen how she looked, so messy,” Daehyun pointed out the truth. Because honestly Minhee took it just as a neighbour visit she was still wearing her gardening outfit.
“She was pretty,” Yonguk said and Zelo whistled “ Someone is in love,”
Yonguk just glared at him and he said “ I haven’t said anything,”
 
Himchan saw the marks she left on the floor in the hall and ordered “Jongup clean it up,”
Minhee had still the garden shoes on and some of the dirt went down.
“Fine,” he said and went to grab a broom.
 
As he walked back he smiled at his photograph on the table. It was the photograph from the time he was just 12 years old.
 
Jongup 12 years old
 
“I can’t believe that some small 12 year old guy have beaten me up! That is so not true, he must have been cheating, there is no way he would won,” the guy that was two years older than me started complaining when I got of the first place stand.
“No, my grandson wouldn’t ever cheat, that is not what I taught him,” my grandpa immediately took my place and placed his arm on my shoulder.
Boy backed off little bit when he was my grandpa. He was really famous in our town, he owned the only martial arts school in the town and everybody thought that he was some kind of ninja before, and that he just started living here when he met my grandma. I was never sure about the exact truth because nobody talked about it with me.
On one sight you would never expect that that man, would be so powerful and strong. He was not tall and not muscular that everybody would see his abs.
From the moment I turned eight my parents left me with my grandpa. That time I thought that it was because they didn’t love me enough. But later I understood that they loved me more than normal parents love their offspring.
They left me because they knew that with their lifestyle, meaning traveling from one place to other every two or four months, they would just part away from me.
Both my parents were working in circus.
I know, I was supposed to stay with them, but because they wanted a better life for me I started living with my harabujji.
And as an old martial arts master he taught me every move he knew and soon I started participating in many competitions. I had won many matches and hadn’t lost any.
I was content until that day came.
As I was walking with my grandpa home he stopped and said “ Wait,”
He did the move I learned few years before telling me to hide. I nodded, and quickly jumped to the wall hanging up with help of my hand on the window locker. As strong as I was I moved my body to the roof and waited.
Three man in black stopped in front of my only family and they held an envelope. “I have my responsibility now, I can’t work for you anymore,” he answered and I peeked even more.
“I heard, you are taking care of your grandson,” one of them started “ This is your last mission, we need you,” three men bowed and I was so stunned that I almost yelped so I held my hand on my mouth.
“But what about my grandson?” harabujji asked and I smiled. I wasn’t dump and I knew more than well that he had to go, so I jumped of the roof and bowed.
“I am Moon Jongup,”
“Just like his grandpa,” one of them said and my grandpa glared at me angrily. He really hated when I hadn’t listened to him.
“We take him with us, and take care of him,” men said and my grandpa looked at me very stressed and waited for my answer. I just nodded and smiled.
“Ok, but I am coming for you in month,” grandpa said.
 
Jongup 17 years old
 
As my grandpa said he returned for me in one month. But to be honest it was late already. I lived with family of that guy and I understood what was my grandpa doing all the time. My grandpa wasn’t a spy. He just taught them all the things he was teaching me. But because spies were usually hidden, he had to become invisible too.
But in my case and the truth that I was living with one for a month was an opposite. I understood that I was going to work for them sooner or later.
My grandpa despised the thought of me being the spy. He knew too much about their life and struggles, so I just signed that I will work in military.
That day, it was sunny outside and I was staying in our camp, trying to help my seniors with training the newest ones when someone opened the door of our fragile abode and two older guys stood there.
They pierced through the crowd of people and eyed me.
I never saw anyone observing me like that. It was almost like with one look they could see everything that was in me.
Surprised and curious about those two intruders I came closer and said my name “ Moon Jongup,”
Both guys bowed and said their names and asked me to coffee. I smiled and told them that only coffee in our camp is in my room. So we proceeded to there.
“We need the fifth person to our special unit, maybe you don’t believe this, but we are sure that the best to be the fifth one is you,” one with name Himchan said and I chuckled “I don’t understand and you can take me from here?”
“We have a special opportunity to choose anyone we want to, and you seem just right,” other one said and I nodded. I didn’t hate what I was doing there, but it was less than I expected.
And that’s how my adventure had become.
 
“Hyung, come on, you have to teach me another moves!” Zelo called to Jongup and he smiled. He didn’t even realized how close with Zelo he became.
He had almost the same age as Jongup. Although the first time Zelo came, no one was contained with it.

 


I am so sorry, I was out for more than a week. My laptop went black.

Literally black.

I just turned it to the sleeping mode, and when I wanted to wake him up, he was just dead. He fell asleep and died.

Then whole torture had begun. You know, to check if he is repair-able, or if I have to buy something to it.

And there was...NO...IT WAS DEAD.

And then they had to extract the documents from my HD. My stories too....everything, my music...my final  work...

And then came the question, what about the replacable computer. I need a computer, I am in university, living in dorm, so I need laptop to work for school. Nowadays there is no-one who can live without computer.

AND TODAY! FINALLY! I bought one..........I am so freaking happy. I can write, post, work on my final work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

So I want to send you my good mood.