3

The Chicken Case
3.
 
Zelo was sitting behind his computer, listening to music and grinning to Youngjae who sat there with constant frown. Older guy was still unable to think about something he should do with that Minsuk boy.
In that moment Yonguk walked pass them buttoning his shirt and tried to fix his hair. “Youngjae, what is it? What about that long face of yours?”
“Just, I don’t really know what should I teach him, “ Youngjae sighed “ The tests we have taken were different from the normal ones, I don’t know what should I teach him?”
 
Yonguk looked at the small mirror on the wall and wore his jacket “ Just teach him what you know the best, I doubt that boy will be an officer anyway,”
The eldest didn’t mean it like an insult, but he somehow had a intuition with people. And he knew from the moment his eyes landed on that teenager that he was smart and curious, but not material for police.
 
“Hyung and where are you going?” asked Zelo because Yonguk didn’t wear shirts too often, just from time to time and it was surprising.
“Jongup and I are going to the post office, some things should come for us. From our camp and also what we have ordered. And I don’t want to scare everyone at first sight. You know small towns,”
 
In that moment the bell rang and Youngjae frowned, he was aware who the visitor would be and he didn’t like that idea.
Jongup and Bang were on their way out and both smiled at Youngjae “Good luck, “ Jongup showed him even thumbs up.
As they went out Minsuk had been already almost inside and he bowed to them.
 
Minsuk watched as other two leaved and the guy with name Youngjae with brown hair said “ Just come in and take off your shoes,”
Butterflies were flying in Minsuk’s stomach, usually it was because of nervousness, but this time he felt little bit of nervousness too. After all he really didn’t know this men, and all they said to him was that they came to temp for ajjushi.
 
Officer took boy to the room that ajjushi used as a stock. Well it was like it before. Now that place was changed to room with files and table with chairs. Room was dark because since it was before used as storage-room it was without windows and only source of light was a rise and fall lamp with two light-bulbs hanging from the ceiling.
Young boy felt even more intimidated by the atmosphere in that room, that he just stood still like a statue.
 
“What are you doing sit,” Youngjae said and sat down himself. Minsuk was holding the bunch of words and questions that were forming in his mind from the day before, but he decided to let it go.
As the man in front of him instructed, he sat down and quickly blurted out “ Look, I don’t mean to be rude, but you are really suspicious. How can we know that we are who you say you are? It’s kind of creepy that six men appeared in this small town from nothing and our old police officer left for three months without a world,”
Youngjae leaned on his chair and giggled “ I see what ajjushi meant when he had talked about you, you are really curious,”
 
“Wait here,” Youngjae stood up and after few seconds came back with laptop.
“Look,” he opened a folder and placed play, turning the screen to Minsuk he again leaned on his chair and closed his eyes.
Minsuk had to put the volume up little bit because in first moments he couldn’t understand a thing  coming from the computer.
Ajjushi, that he knew so well was sitting in his pyjama somewhere in the hotel. Minsuk deducted it because behind him was a big logo.
 
“So, look. I had forgotten to tell you something guys. There is one boy named Han Minsuk, he very often,” man chuckled for himself on the screen “ Comes to see me, and other men when they are helping me. He wants to became a policeman. And because his grandfather was my friend I vowed to him that I will do everything I can to help his family. I used to teach him sometimes, but because I will be not there, please continue,” ajjushi yawned in front of the camera and smiled “It would be maybe enough that his beautiful sister will cook for you every morning. Good luck! Minsuk is a good boy but sometimes too clingy, so you’d better get prepared for him,” ajjushi coughed happily. “Bye!”
When the video ended Youngjae opened his eyes and found the smiling boy in front of him.
 
“Fine, I am not saying anything more,” Minsuk said.
“That’s good,” nodded police officer and closed the laptop.
“To be honest with you, I don’t really know what can I teach you, I don’t know what you already know from ajjushi,” admitted Youngjae but wasn’t really prepared for the answer he would get from the teenager.
 
“To be honest,” Minsuk stated “ Ajjushi haven’t taught me anything. Whenever I came, he ended with story of his young years,”
Youngjae smiled inside his brain. So it was even easier for him. He decided to go with the big advice he had got from Yonguk.
“So, today I am going to teach you something about law, fine? I am going to take my book here and land it to you, I will explain the main things that would probably be hard for you,” Youngjae told him and stood up again.
Minsuk was little troubled. He and reading were two separate things. He couldn’t read, of course he knew how to read, but he always fell asleep with book on his head.
 
And it was even worse when Youngjae came back with book so thick that two Harry Potter books would fit in.
Youngjae opened the book and took a stickers “ I will stick you every law you need to know,”
“Hyung,” Minsuk stopped him “ To be honest, I am not a good reader. It makes me sleepy, can’t you explain it to me and I am going to take notes?”
Brown-haired guy opened his mouth widely and wanted to cry something rough on the teenager in front of him but quickly closed it.
“Fine, we start with two cases today,” Youngjae said and Minsuk quickly took a notebook from his backpack and a pen.
“Firstly, do you know what Presumption of innocence is?” Youngjae asked and Minsuk frowned
 
“ Basically yes, but I don’t know what can you do with it as a officer,”
“Fine, then listen…”
 

 

“Dear, can you go to the post office for me?” Halmeoni asked Minhee and smiled at her pleadingly.
Minhee just finished watching their small dog named Guleugi, which meant roll, because when they bought him he was rolling all the time. It was small Bolognese dog with white fur and black ears and big eyes.
 
Originally Minhee bought him for her grandma because she wanted to have someone to play with, but Guleugi had become the street’s golden pet.
“Fine, what do you have there?” Minhee wiped her hands to the apron and went to put her shoes on.
“ I asked out neighbour to order me some cosmetics, she called me that it will be there today, so, go for it please,” Halmeoni said and Minhee rolled her eyes. When it came to the weakness of her grandma it was literally buying the things she didn’t need at all.
“And do I have to take your ID or what?”
 
“No, I registered it on your name,” Halmeoni cheekily smiled and disappeared with the dog.
Girl turned her head smiling, her grandmother was still playful and cute, although she was really old. Minhee couldn’t be more thankful to her, that she looked after her silly brother and herself, when their parents died.
As she walked to the post office she met some of her kids in the kindergarten and waved at them. She met the old guy who everyone called Smoker because whenever you saw him, he was smoking. It was a long time that she went like this out. Usually she hadn’t got the time.
 
Ajjumnas were waiting in front of the post office waiting to pay the checks, and the queue was so long that they were almost on the road.
Minhee breathed out in relief because she had to go to the other window, which was used for getting and giving the packages.
Luckily there were just five people in front of her. So she stood up and waited. She turned to see that behind her nobody stood so she eased herself and looked forward. Observing closely the one in front of her she realised that she couldn’t recognise him. He was tall, and muscles were everywhere, he had a deep manly aura around him. That aura almost made her not notice the other one, smaller but not less muscular standing beside him.
When both unknown men approached the window and woman took their ID she also looked little bit stunned and left her place for seconds.
“Sorry, you have to wait some time, we have to check something, call the next person forward,”
 
Minhee approached the window and placed her ID card on the table. Woman disappeared too and brought back a big package. She opened the small door under the window and passed the package through it.
Young teacher stood there stunned with the size of the package. “Halmeoni must have bought the Christmas presents,” she with difficulty picked the package and had problems walking. It weighted more than fifteen kilos at least.
But it was hers so she had to take it somehow home. Coursing inside that she didn’t took a bike with her  she walked step by step to not brake anything that was inside.
 
In the same time Yonguk and Jongup waited to get their package. They weren’t really surprised with the fact that that woman decided to check the package. It would be suspicious.
Other customers already got their packages when woman waved to them to come closer. Jongup opened the small door and when a small package showed himself he almost choked.
 
“But this is not ours,” he said and woman took it back. With the scanning machine she went through the code and looked at the screen.
“Ommo, Mianhe, I switched the packages,” she placed her hands on and bowed to them.
Jongup and Yonguk looked at each other horrified. That package couldn’t get into the hands of someone bad. It really shouldn’t.
“What was the name of the lady, that was supposed to get this box?” Yonguk asked and woman stayed stunned with his deep voice but answered “ Minhee, Han Min Hee,”
Jongup quickly took the other box and with Yonguk sprinted from the office, hoping to find that woman sooner she opens it.
 
Luckily for them because the box was so heavy, Minhee took it just to the end of the street.
She was already sweating hardly and her arms were weak. “Why is this so heavy?” she frowned as she walked to it.
“Because that’s ours,” deep voice echoed behind her and she turned to see the owner. It took her half a second to understand who were those guys. Only strangers that came were the police officers about who Minsuk talked.
She bowed to them “ I am sorry, I should have thought about it, that’s my box?” she pointed on the white thing in Jongup’s hand.
 
“Yeah but we are sorry, it must have been really heavy for you,” Jongup nodded and she smiled. There was really something different about those two, as her brother said before, but they looked nice and calm. Not like the Seoul officers used to.
“By the way, my name is Han Min Hee,” she said and bowed to both of them.
Yonguk immediately caught the words “ You are Minsuk’s sister?”
Minhee smiled “ Yeah, he is my little brother, I am sorry if he is bothering you. But he has just too much will and curiosity inside, and it’s very hard to stop him,”
 
Jongup shook his head “ We have to be thankful, your food is amazing, by the way I am Moon Jongup,” he bowed to her holding her hand in both of his palms.
“ Bang Yonguk, it’s nice to meet you,” Bang bowed too and Minhee was alarmed because of his voice and appearance. It still was too overwhelming to look at him. But she couldn’t help to be attached to his adam’s apple.
“Mianheo, I have to go and work late, so if you don’t mind,” she said and took the box from Jongup’s hands “ I hope you are coming for dinner,” she told them and hopefully smirked.
“We are thank you,” both policemen bowed and Minhee walked away saying for herself “ If all of them are this big and muscular, I think I have to make more food,”
 
On another side Yonguk and Jongup breathed out in relief “This was so close,” Yonguk said and Jongup nodded “ But hyung, I think we should not mention this situation to Himchan hyung, he will be….”
“Too anxious about people in this town,” Yonguk cut him off and picked the box from the ground.
 
 

 

“Fine that’s all, now you can leave,” Youngjae ended reading and stretched his arms on the chair trying to not laugh at Minsuk, who was exercising his fingers on right hands because they hurt from the notes he took. Although Youngjae took it at the last thing he knew, the law was really important and he was one of the best teachers boy ever had.
“Hyung, thank you, you are really great,”  Minsuk stood up and jumped few times to fight his sleepy legs.
“Don’t forget your book,” Youngjae remarked when Minsuk stuffed his backpack.
 
In that moment Yonguk and Jongup came followed by Himchan to the room with a heavy box in hands. “Och, right you are here,” Himchan waved at boy and added “ Tomorrow, your lesson will be with me, If you want to, what about that?”
Minsuk yawned instead of agreeing and Jongup and Yonguk burst to laugh. It was something that he never expected. On first sight he thought that Yonguk was not able to smile, but to see him laughing like normal guy made him check another well-known statement in his mind “ Never judge people on the appearance”
 
“I see, you are pretty exhausted, so you better come refreshed tomorrow, because we are going to learn another things,” Himchan smiled and Minsuk nodded.
When boy left four men were joined by Zelo and Himchan opened the box.
 
Inside besides many papers and files were also special keys with numbers from one to six. Everyone took one and placed it on the small silver chain on their neck. They hid it under their shirts and Daehyun’s was the only one who was without owner.
“Where is this kid?” Himchan asked and scratched his head.
“ I am here,” the voice echoed and five of them yelped in surprise “ You were here the whole time?”
“I just came,” Daehyun answered calmly and placed his own key on his neck “You are really bad at this,” he shook his head and sniffed “ I can’t never teach you this,”
 
“Just behave,” Youngjae smiled at his friend, who was probably the closest one of the unit.
“By the way, do you know how pretty is Minsuk’s sister?” Jongup smiled daydreaming and Yonguk smacked his head “ STOP!” he growled.
“Yeah, and where did you meet her?” Zelo’s eyes sparkled and Jongup quickly said “ When we were in police office, I heard her say her name, she is really pretty,”
“I don’t know if she is so pretty or you like her because she is making you food,” said Himchan and turned to his best friend “ Bang, what do you think?”
 
He didn’t have to think a lot about it “ She is pretty,” and that was what he really thought. When he saw her fine long brown hair, he was immersed in her eyes and her calm and sweet voice. The way she looked was making him want to protect her.
“That’s enough, back to work,” Daehyun and Zelo you will arrange those papers here. Others go to work!” Himchan said but Zelo disappeared in few seconds without listening to the order.
Sometimes Himchan wasn’t able to make them do the things he wanted and Daehyun said “ I can’t I have to practice today, till it’s still opened outside,”
 
“Fine, so, Jongup and Yongjae!” he turned to them only to find that they too had just disappeared somewhere.
Yonguk patted his shoulder “ I guess, we have to,” and both of them started to find the right place for bunch of papers.
Daehyun was standing behind the door and smiled for himself. He took his jacket and really headed to the practice field. From the depository room, he took out the sniper rifle. It was pure black very heavy gun with big barrel tube.
He also hung on his neck the binoculars and walked to the part of the garden which was absolutely hidden from other people.
Before they came it was just full of grass and there was nothing, but they had spent one day arranging it to be the perfect field for their exercise.
 
One part that was just for shooting was covered with black cloth and that was the place on which Daehyun landed.
He laid down on his stomach and looked to the  binoculars, he sighed in relief, it was still there. Because his specialisation was shooting, he was able to shoot anything and he was trying to overcome his own record.
So on the way to the station they hung on tree the red mark.  The red mark was exactly 2968m from his actual place.
He sighed and positioned himself.
 
Suddenly like a flashback memories came back.
 
 
Daehyun 15 years old
I was going home again with another gold medal on my neck. God knew that this was the only thing I was really good at. I hated my teachers who were looking at me like if I was some kind of military lover, my friends pissed me off when they were regularly telling me how lucky I was to be talented so much.
I wasn’t talented, behind all of this was my normal and hard work.
What nobody realised was, that my father taught me from the year I turned seven how to shoot. Because he wanted to piss off my mum.
When he realised it was too late, I had already known just that. Nothing else. No studies, not anything else.
 
So my mother really intelligent woman sighed me to the sport shooting. And I started to love it. Math was important, I was counting the speed of the bullet and range of the gun and everything.
Once again we were happy family.
Until that day came.
 
I was walking home through the aisle that was abandoned and nobody lived there anymore. But this time, I wasn’t alone.
Three men and I saw it literally with my own eyes shoot two women in the centre of their forehead.
I had to stood still, my legs weren’t moving. I couldn’t even cry, I just looked at them and in that moment one of the men turned his face to me.
I ran.
What I didn’t know was that because of my running I let the diploma in the aisle.
 
So when I came home terrified like hell, I had found one man sitting on our sofa and drinking coffee with my mother.
My mum happily kissed my cheek and told me to sit down.
“This man here said that you are so talented that they want to give you full scholarship in their institution, what do you think? Appa and Umma already said yes, but if you say know, than we’ll accept it,”
 
I turned my attention to the guy on the sofa he blinked twice and I knew.
I had apparently no choice.
Now I understand that they were on the mission and two girls were probably spies and they had to kill them. But I also know, that they would had killed my family if I didn’t go with their plan.
 
Daehyun 19 years old
“Take this young boy, don’t worry your time will come,” said another man stopping in our window to let me take his gun and properly clean it and prepare for next mission.
I was so angry.
 
I had never wanted to came here on the first place, I was always just made to do the things I hated. But I wanted to do something.
After I finalised my training, they sent me to the cleaning room. And everyday I was scolded because of my age and my position. What a help!
That day two guys came. Absolutely different looking. I had never seen them on my place and what was more intriguing was that they weren’t holding any guns.
“May I help you?” I asked nonchalantly and popped my hands to the counter.
 
One of them the smaller one looked behind and chuckled “And what can you provide us?”
“Cleaning and preparing guns and you can just take me,” I said expecting the big laugh from them.
“Fine, we’ll take you,” the other one said and my eyes widened in shock.
“Can you leave?”
 
“I guess so,” I looked on the clock. It was already five in the evening; I had to close in hour to work diligently on the cleaning.
“Then come,”
I put some shoes and jacket on and walked out with them. Outside another guy stood. He looked almost as old as me, brown and smart looking guy.
“I think, we are almost complete, one more Himchan,” said the bigger one with deep voice.
 
“Youngjae can you explain everything? We have to find another one,” that Himchan guy said and immediately introduced himself and the bigger guy.
When they left I stood there doumbfounded “ Hi I am Yoo Youngjae,” that brown headed guy held his hand to me.
 
“My name is Daehyun,”
 
Daehyun smiled and celebrated in himself. He had just hit the target exactly. He was happy with the place he was in now. It was better and different what was prepared for him originally. And from the moment he shook hands with Himchan and Yonguk he learned so many things.
But besides of his shooting excellency he also was great in sneaking. So when he sniffed that Youngjae was cooking he sneaked to the kitchen.
 
 

hello, so the third chapter is up.

Soon we will meet all of BAP and learn why are they in this small city.

And the problems will just begin.

By the way. This is how Guleugi looks like:D Only his ears are black:D