Sungjong x OC

Infinity Oneshot Collections

Title : Savior

Genre : Fluff

Rating : PG - 13

Summary : Sungjong had been bullied since day one of freshman year. he was the most scrawny, petite, and feminine boy in high school. because of the kingkas that would make fun of him, no one wanted to be his friend; afraid that they too, would be made fun of. however, a certain girl would change that.

A/N : if bullying is a sensitive subject to you, read this with extreme caution or don't read this chapter at all. this chapter was inspired by a 'Flashpoint' episode. it's basically a police show. LOL. kinda like CSI and stuff. only, in this chapter, no one gets killed or shot like in the show. dun worry. xD this chapter is also inspired based on how sasaengs treat idols, because when you think about it, they're pretty much bullying them in a psychotic way. also, there will be a lot of offensive remarks towards mah poor bby in this chapter, particularly because he's being bullied. please don't be sensitive and take it to heart. we all know sungjong is perfect the way he is. <3 oh, btw, if you're subbed to my Snow White and the Seven Infinites fic, I will be updating that soon. ^ ^

 


 

"Alright class, good job with your art pieces today. You have one more day before you turn those in to me!" the teacher called from the front of the classroom after the bell had rung, signaling the end of class and the beginning of lunch. The teacher had left the classroom to speak to another teacher next door, and the other students were slowly packing up to leave class for lunch. Soo Jung, one of Seoul High's well known preps, took a few minutes after class to finish painting the flower on her canvas. She took a step back, smiled at her hard work, and started cleaning up. She noticed she wasn't the only one in the room; Sungjong was just a few feet away from her, his back facing her. He stood still as he stared at his painting, which caused Soo Jung to raise an eyebrow in curiosity. After she cleaned up her station, she slowly walked over to Sungjong to look at his painting. "That's really interesting," Soo Jung commented, analyzing the painting. The canvas that the two were looking at displayed city buildings. Crowds of people filled up the streets, and in an alleyway, a lone person was sitting with his head down. "H-Huh?" Sungjong turned around, startled. "It's really nice," Soo Jung chuckled at Sungjong's reaction, "what's it all mean?" Sungjong stayed quiet for a bit as he smiled a small smile at his painting. "To be honest . . I don't know," he chuckled, "I'm guessing that . . that's me. And then that's the rest of the world." He pointed to the person isolated from everyone else, and then to the crowd in the streets. Soo Jung nodded and patted his arm. "Well, it's really nice. I like it. You're good at painting," Soo Jung smiled before she grabbed her bag from a nearby table and hung it around her shoulder, "I'll talk to you later. See you tomorrow?" She gave him another sweet smile and a wave as she left the classroom. Sungjong stared after her, wondering what happened. Why was he feeling so weird in the stomach? Why was he warm in the face? Before he knew it, an embarrassed smile crept on his face. "She talked to me," he whispered to himself.

 

It was the first time someone had actually talked to him politely without bullying him. He didn't know how to feel, because he hadn't felt this happy before. Someone actually talked to him. Out of sudden urge, he grabbed his backpack and jogged out of the room to go find her. He wanted to talk to her again. Talking to her made him feel at peace, as if nothing else mattered to him but talking to her. He didn't know what he would say, though, but he knew that he had to find her. He looked both ways of the hallway, knowing she couldn't have gotten far. Sungjong spotted Soo Jung walking by herself, and smiled victoriously as he followed her. He couldn't help but smile the closer he got to her, but that smile instantly faded when she hugged one of Seoul High's kingkas, Hoya. He watched in agony as Hoya kissed the top of her head, and she scrunched her face up cutely. "Oppa, how many times have I told you to not just throw your books in our locker? Now I have to make everything neat again," Soo Jung sighed as she rearranged the books in the locker the two shared. Out of the corner of his eye, Hoya spotted Sungjong standing there and staring at Soo Jung, and he smirked at him. "Mianhae, jagiya ~ I just wanted to see you right away this morning because I couldn't see you over the weekend, and I just threw everything I didn't need in there," Hoya chuckled as he wrapped his arms around his girlfriend's waist and rested his head on her shoulder, well aware that Sungjong was watching. "Oh stop trying to kiss up," Soo Jung rolled her eyes and scoffed without looking at him. "Huh? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Did you ask for a kiss?" Hoya pretended to not have been listening, and Soo Jung chuckled. "No, oh my gosh, I didn't -" Hoya suddenly intrrupted her by kissing her cheek, and she blushed madly. "Yah, stop. There's people around," she giggled and pushed Hoya off of her as she continued organizing their locker. Hoya chuckled softly as he looked over to where Sungjong was, only to see that he wasn't there anymore. He smirked to himself as he looked back at Soo Jung.

 

Soo Jung wasn't always popular. She was just as pretty as the queenkas, but was never well known. Sungjong had a couple of classes with her and he knew that she wasn't always a queenka; not until senior year. It all made sense: because she was Hoya's girlfriend, her popularity sky rocketed, and that's how she became a queenka. Sungjong had just finished eating lunch, and was walking around to clear his head. Why did he feel heart broken just watching Soo Jung be with her boyfriend? He had only just officially met and talked to her an hour ago; how was he able to feel like this? He was thinking too much to notice that he was close to the where the kignkas and queenkas sat to eat lunch. "Okay, it's Hoya's turn! Turth or dare?" Tiffany asked excitedly. "Dare," Hoya answered boldly, ready for anything Tiffany dared him to do. "Make out with Soo Jung for thirty seconds," Tiffany giggled, and everyone but Soo Jung laughed. "Yah, you dirty little ert! Why would you want to see us do that?!" Soo Jung exclaimed with a red face. "A dare's a dare. Besides, I really want to know if everything Hoya has said is true," Tiffany crossed her arms over her chest and waited. "You told them?!" Soo Jung whispered harshly at Hoya, who just chuckled. "It's just thirty seconds ~ You've lasted more than thirty seconds last weekend, so thirty seconds is a piece of cake," Hoya smiled innocently. "LAST WEEKEND?!" Dongwoo yelled, and all of the kingkas made yelling sounds while the queenkas gasped and giggled. "Yah . . not in public, and especially not in front of our friends. I don't feel comfortable . ." Soo Jung crossed her arms over her chest and looked away. "Yah, come on, chingu-" "Leave her alone!" Everyone looked up to see Sungjong walking up to them with a confident face - something that no one has ever seen. "Oh no, this is bad," Soo Jung thought as she looked up at Hoya.

 

"What did you just say?" Hoya questioned as he stood in front of Soo Jung to confront him. "Are you deaf? I said leave her alone!" Sungjong repeated, looking up at Hoya. "You hear that, guys?" Hoya chuckled as he turned his head behind to look at his friends, "Little gay boy over here is telling a kingka what to do. A kingka." The kingkas and queenkas laughed, but Soo Jung stayed silent, not liking where this was going. "Since I'm feeling generous, you get one chance to walk off without getting humiliated. How about that, little girl?" Hoya smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. "Hoya never gives anyone mercy. I suggest you run along now, you punk," Woohyun's voice could be heard from the group of kingkas. "Yeah, get lost, er. We were in the middle of a game!" Sungyeol yelled, gesturing Sungjong to leave. "Apparently, no one wants you here, so I suggest you leave. That chance is running out short ~" Hoya said as he pretended to yawn, "Go paint your sorrows away. Do us all a favor and paint yourself in a pretty pink dress; now that would be a good painting unlike all your ones." The kingkas and queenkas howled in laughter, and soon, everyone nearby was watching. "Hoya, stop -" Soo Jung grabbed Hoya 's arm, but was suddenly interrupted when Sungjong punched him square in the jaw.

 

Gasps could be heard from around the group. "Hoya!" Soo Jung exclaimed and touched his cheek. Hoya stared down at the ground and slowly turned his head to Sungjong. "Stand back, Soo Jung," Hoya mumbled as he pushed Soo Jung behind him. "Wait, Hoya -" Soo Jung mumbled before Hoya punched Sungjong in the face and tackled him to the ground. "Hoya!" Soo Jung gasped and tried to get Hoya off of Sungjong, but Myungsoo and Sunggyu held her back. "Hoya, stop!" Soo Jung cried, trying to break away, but was forced to watch Sungjong get hurt. Hoya had punched Sungjong in the face at least five times, and tears streamed down Sungjong's face. Hoya chuckled and gestured Dongwoo to come over. He handed Dongwoo his phone and looked back at Sungjong. "Apologize to me. Say you're a big baby and a gay little girl," Hoya grinned, holding his fist up. "N-No!" Sungjong stuttered, shaking his head. "You're recording this, right?" Hoya looked up at Dongwoo, and he received a nod and a thumbs up from Dongwoo. "Say it!" Hoya yelled into his face as he held his fist higher. "I-I'm sorry," Sungjong whimpered, sniffling. "Go on," Hoya growled, pressuring him further. "I . . I'm a . . big baby," Sungjong trembled as the kingkas and queenkas laughed, and Soo Jung stood in defeat, unable to stop the fight. "And? ~" Hoya chimed as he waited patiently for Sungjong to say the best part. "I'm . . a gay little girl," Sungjong sobbed and looked away. Dongwoo stifled a laugh as the kingkas howled with laughter once more. "Good girl," Hoya chuckled as he released his fist and took his phone from Dongwoo. "Hoya, come on, let's go, it's almost the end of lunch. You've done enough already," Soo Jung called, but Hoya ignored her. "Send to all contacts . ." Hoya mumbled to himself as he smirked and showed his phone's screen to Sungjong. "Video sent to all my contacts; before you know it, everyone will see it." Hoya smiled with pride as he stood up and dusted dirt off his pants. The bell rang, signalling the end of lunch, and Hoya walked over to Soo Jung. "Let's go, jagiya," Hoya grabbed her hand and started walking away, but not before Soo Jung looked back at Sungjong. She gave him an pitiful look and turned away, walking close to Hoya as he hung his arm around her shoulder while the kingkas and queenkas threw trash at Sungjong before they followed Hoya and Soo Jung. Sungjong cried and whimpered to himself as he stayed on the floor, not wanting to move at all.

 

Hoya winced as Soo Jung gently put an ice pack on his jaw. "You really shouldn't have done that," Soo Jung sighed. She wasn't feeling herself ever since the incident at lunch. She felt stupid - she could have done something to prevent it, but she didn't. It all happened so fast. This wasn't the first time she saw Hoya do something like this, and she hated it. "I had to stand my ground. I can't have a punk tell me what to do," Hoya scoffed as he moved the ice pack to a more comfortable position. Soo Jung let out a huge sigh and closed her eyes. "Hoya, I think we should break up." Hoya looked at her as if she went insane. "What are you talking about, Soo Jung?" Hoya questioned, furrowing his eyebrows. "I love you, but you can't do this to other people. This isn't the first time you've done this, and I told you the first time it happened that I don't feel comfortable with it. You said you would stop, but you didn't. I stayed with you because I loved you, but I can't do this anymore. Sungjong was just standing up for me," Soo Jung explained, avoiding Hoya's pleading eyes. "He's a loser. Why did you break down on this one and not the other brats I've dealt with in the past?" "I was a loser too! No one knew who I was until we got together. He's my friend, okay? Unlike all the other boys you've bullied, Sungjong has no friends. Hoya, he could be suicidal for all we know." "You act like I care. I had to do something. It's his fault he stood up to me. I couldn't just let him punch me and let him off." "Ugh, Hoya, I am so done with you! You and your pride are too much!" And with that, Soo Jung grabbed her purse and stormed out of his house before Hoya could convince her to stay.

 

Soo Jung stormed out of her ex-boyfriend's house and walked to the cafe across the street to get her mind off of what had just happened with Hoya a few minutes ago. Sipping from her cup of tea, she looked out the window and sighed. "Hey Soo Jung, what are you doing here?" Jessica, one of her queenka friends, asked as she looked down at her. "I keep forgetting you work here," Soo Jung chuckled as she sighed, "I just broke up with Hoya." "What? Oh my gosh, why? What happened?" Jessica gasped as she sat down on the empty seat in front of her, and she explained everything. "It takes a lot of guts to stand up for an outcast, Soo Jung. He seems like a really nice kid, but Woohyun would have my head if I ever said that. What are you gonna do?" Jessica asked as she patted Soo Jung's hand out of comfort. "I don't know . . I want to find him and apologize," Soo Jung sighed and took another sip of tea. "Well, good luck with that. I hope everything works out," Jessica smiled, "by the way, I left my lunch box in my locker; do you think you can get it for me? I would go myself, but I don't get off of work until later, when the school closes. I don't want mold growing in my lunch box over the weekend." "Aish, pabo. The things I do for you." "Thanks Soo Jung, you're the best!"

 

The school halls were practically empty, as it was an hour after school had ended. Soo Jung had retrieved Jessica's lunch box from her locker, and procceeded to walk back to the parking lot, but something caught her eye. The lights in her art teacher's room was on, and her teacher always left right after the bell had rung for the last class. She looked through the door's window and saw Sungjong standing in front of her painting, and wondered why he was looking at her painting. His back was facing her, so she couldn't see what he was doing; however, Sungjong seemed to be doing something with his hands, as she could see that they were in front of him, but her heart skipped a beat when he fell to the floor. His wrists were slit, and he was trying to hold in the tears from the pain. "Sungjong!" Soo Jung screamed after she opened the door and ran to his side. "Oh my God," she teared up seeing blood everywhere, and grabbed two clean rags to tie them around his wrists to stop the bleeding. Crying and with shaking hands, she quickly took her phone out to procceed to call the emergency number. "Please let me die," Sungjong pleaded, looking at Soo Jung with half-open eyes. "No! You're going to be fine, okay? I'm here, it's alright," Soo Jung told the operator all the information they needed, and she hoped they would arrive soon. "Sungjong don't close your eyes, keep looking at me," Soo Jung sniffed and tried to smile while she slowly his hair. "Why are you doing this?" Sungjong muttered, breathing hard. "Friends are always there for each other, right?" Soo Jung smiled, wiping tears away from her cheek. "Friend . . ?" Sungjong mumbled. Before Soo Jung could say anything, she heard sirens right outside the school, and was relieved. "See, look, they're here, you'll be alright - " however, Sung Jong didn't hear her say that, for his eyes were closed and he was unconscious.

 

Soo Jung had waited hours for Sungjong to wake up. She had told her parents where she was for what reason, and they told her to come home whenever she was done. Before she could drift off to sleep, a woman bursted into the room, crying hysterically. "My poor baby, what happened to him? Oh God!" she was on the floor while holding onto the nurse's arm. "Please, miss, your son needs rest. He will be fine, but he needs rest." the woman sobbed softly while the nurse helped her up and comforted her on the couch on the other side of the room. Soo Jung looked over at Sung Jong and sighed. Soon enough, Sungjong's mother had fallen asleep on the couch, as well as Soo Jung on the other couch. Soo Jung heard a mumble, and sat up, hoping that Sungjong was awake. As she sat up and looked at Sungjong, she smiled almost instantly to see that Sungjong was sitting up and holding a cup of water. "I'm so glad you're okay!" Soo Jung smiled as she ran to hug him. Sungjong just blinked and said nothing. "Why are you here?" he asked emtionlessly while looking up at her. "I wanted to make sure that you were okay. I don't think I would have been able to do anything else without knowing that you were okay." Sungjong stayed quiet before speaking again. "No one's ever looked out for me like you have. Why did you decide to help me? No one would have missed me." Soo Jung shook her head and sat at the edge of the bed. "I helped you because we're friends. I would have missed you! And, her too." Soo Jung nodded her head towards the couch where his mother was sleeping on. "I'm scared that this will be the only time you'll ever look out for me. I don't want you to leave . . I know I sound really stupid right now, but it's true. I've never had someone value me as a person, and . . I just want to thank you." Soo Jung just smiled, and for the first time, she saw a slight smile on his face as well. "Can I ask a huge favor of you, Soo Jung?" "Sure, anything!" "Could you stay as my friend?" "For as long as you need me to." "Is forever okay?" "Absolutely."

 

After the incident had happened, Soo Jung would help Sungjong around school since his arms were still healing. Their friendship grew much stronger, and they would hang out almost everyday. Soo Jung still associated with the queenkas and kingkas and hung out with them outside of school, but not as much as she did with Sungjong. Because of what Soo Jung had did, many other students had realized that Sungjong wasn't as bad as Hoya made him out to be. Sungjong gained many more friends, and his life was getting back on track. As of Soo Jung, she was no long Sungjong's friend, but she became his girlfriend later on in their friendship.

 

Don't be rude or say hurtful things to someone, because you never know what they're going through.