SungYeol x OC

Infinity Oneshot Collections

Title : Those Puppy Dog Eyes

Genre : Fluff

Rating : PG

Summary : Sungyeol's story of his first love.

A / N : OKAY HI GUYS. FINALLY UPDATED! I thought this was a cute plot. If you didn't think so, I'm sorry. xDD I thought SungYeol was fit for this role, so I chose him to be the first person to do a oneshot on. 83 There's many more to come, so hopefully I didn't disappoint anyone so far. ^ ^ ; ; Also, I've had this really really REALLY great plot on my mind since like FOREVER, but I don't know if I should write . I mean, I've read PLENTY of s, but I'm not so sure I can write . xDD Any suggestions? I don't know if I should write it or not. I could try...but I'm not sure if anyone would like it. LOL. Anyway, thanks for reading girls. c: Until the next oneshot! <3, Makiko(:


SungYeol had always believed in love at first sight ever since he met Hye Mi. That moment is quite the long story, but it lead to where they are now. But before I tell you where they are now, I have to tell you the story of how SungYeol's first love had changed the both of their lives.

SungYeol's parents were veterinarians. They owned a big pet hospital down the street from where they lived, and business was never slow. SungYeol's parents were passionate about their job, and they loved every single patient that had visited them. As a child, SungYeol would always walk to his parent's workplace afterschool, and he enjoyed taking care of the animals in the kennel. It was on the 23rd of September when Hwang Hye Mi walked in with her parents, telling SungYeol's parents that their dog was acting weird. Hye Mi was worried, and while she sat down next to her parents as they waited for the results, SungYeol comforted Hye Mi and they became friends instantly. Later on, they had found out that Hye Mi's puppy was really sick, and he probably wouldn't be able to live unless he had surgery. Her parents were rich, but they didn't want to waste money on a dog that had a fifty fifty chance of living throughout the surgery. Hye Mi was heart broken, and they left that day knowing that their dog wasn't going to live for much longer.

Weeks passed, and SungYeol learned that Hye Mi was a new student at his school. She recognized him instantly, so they bonded more while at school. Since SungYeol walked to where his parents worked at everyday, Hye Mi tagged along since she had a love for animals. She would help SungYeol take care of the animals in the kennel, and his parents loved her. Her parents saw SungYeol as their own son as well, since both of their families ended up spending a lot of time together. Years passed, and SungYeol's feelings for Hye Mi grew as the years went by. He never had the heart to tell her, since they were best friends. He didn't want to ruin their friendship. Besides, it seemed like she wasn't interested in him anyway. 

They were both juniors in high school, just getting ready for their future. SungYeol had noticed that Hye Mi was acting a bit out of the ordinary when she started going out with a guy by the name of Jiyong. That day was a horrible day for SungYeol, by the way. He had to face the days when he had pecked her cheek, held her hand, and kissed her neck; it was all too much for him, but he learned to deal with the fact that Hye Mi had found someone she loved. But, to the part where she was acting weird. Sure, she still helped SungYeol at his parent's workplace, but she looked like she was in pain most of the time. And sometimes, she would look like she was crying, but she had just said that it was her allergies kicking in. SungYeol was suspicious, and whenever he would ask if everything was going okay with Jiyong, she just nodded silently and said she didn't want to talk about it. If that wasn't enough for SungYeol to handle already, something else happened at his house when she came over to dinner with her parents. SungYeol and Hye Mi were in the kitchen gathering plates in order to set up the table, and Hye Mi accidentally let a plate slip from her hands; she had said she could hold more plates than SungYeol could. The plate dropped and crashed onto the ground, breaking into pieces. She set the plates that were in her hands onto the counter and looked at SungYeol with tears welled up in her eyes.

"M-M-Mianhae, SungYeol oppa. Mianhae, I didn't mean it. Please don't hit me." she whimpered, hugging her arms.

"H-Hit you? Hye Mi, what are you talking about? I would never hit you. It was just an accident. Don't get so worked up about it." SungYeol chuckled, ruffling her hair as he grabbed a broom and swept up the broken pieces.

Since that day, he wondered why Hye Mi had pleaded for him not to hit her. What made her think that SungYeol would ever do harm to her? He loved her. But, of course, she didn't know that. SungYeol had asked why she had said it, and all she said was that it slipped out of from instinct. From...instinct?

Days passed since then, and Hye Mi was still acting the same. He was getting suspicious, and he wanted to find out what Hye Mi had been hiding. He had tried to force it out of her, but she reassured him that she was fine. It was that one afternoon that Hye Mi didn't walk home with him did everything fit together. He walked to the vet just like every normal day, and his parents had said that since they weren't going to have any patients until an hour, they took care of everything that needed to be taken care of in the kennel. SungYeol nodded, and went outside to walk to Hye Mi's house. He wanted to see why she hadn't walked with him that day. When he was outside her three story house, he was about to walk to the door, but saw that Jiyong had slammed the door and was walking towards him. He quickly jumped behind a bush, and waited for Jiyong to drive away. SungYeol ran to the door, and opened it. He stared in shock as he saw a crying Hye Mi on the floor with numerous bruises on her arm.

"Hye Mi, what happened?!" SungYeol exclaimed, running over to her.

He pulled her into a comforting hug as he waited for her to answer.

"I-I tried to break up with Jiyong. He started hitting me two weeks into our relationship, and I didn't want it anymore. So I told him we need to separate, and he started yelling...and he hit me harder than all of the times he hit me..." Hye Mi explained, sniffling. "H-He said if I told anyone, he would kill me. That's why I didn't tell you." she added, moving so that her arms were wrapped around SungYeol's waist. "That was why I said 'please don't hit me' at dinner. I was too used to saying that with Jiyong." she said softly, not moving at all.

SungYeol was trying to take everything in as fast as possible. He couldn't believe Jiyong would do that to an innocent, petite young girl.

"It's okay, Hye Mi. I'm here. After this, we're reporting him to the police whether you like it or not. We wouldn't want him hurting anyone else." SungYeol explained, Hye Mi's hair.

Hye Mi just nodded.

"Thank you, Oppa. For always being here for me. I don't know what I would do without you." she whispered, sighing as she hugged him tighter.

"I wouldn't be able to live without you, Hye Mi." he muttered, smiling.

"Wh-What?" Hye Mi asked, pulling away to look up at SungYeol.

"I've always loved you, Hye Mi. If you had told me earlier about what he had done to you, I would've protected you. I'll always be here to protect you." he explained, smiling a small smile. "Do you remember when Chanel was that abused kitten we took away from her owner? She's happy that she's living with you now. You made her yours." He leaned his head closer to Hye Mi's before saying, "Well, now I'm making you mines."

Hye Mi stared at him blankly, and she cried tears of happiness. She kissed him right on the lips as a response to SungYeol's feelings.

That's the main part of the story. Life after that was what SungYeol had always dreamed of: He had the girl of his dreams, and even worked at his parent's pet hospital as a real veterinarian alongside Hye Mi, who was now officially married to SungYeol. Sometimes, it's better to have people know how you feel about them rather than keeping it to yourself. It could change your life.