Chapter 4

The Royals

Has it really? Was Mark and I meant to be together? I mean sure, in the past year he's matured a lot. And he's always managed to make me feel better no matter what.. But is this what love feels like? I don't want to blindly pick someone. I wanted to be like Youngjae and Ahra. They've been in love with each other since forever, and with that symbol that's marked into them I can't even imagine them ever not being together..

Minjoo and Mark has been such good friends for such a long time Minjoo didn't even think anything was going to happen. She was almost sure that Mark wouldn't like her anyways. If she had to pick Mark, it had to be because she loved him, not because she had to pick someone. 

"Helloo? Are you in your zone again? I'm trying to talk to you here..." Youngjae questioned.

"Ah yes, I'm here.. I was just yeah.. In my zone. What were you saying?"

"Nevermind.. I'll just ask you another time. Are you excited to go camping?"

"Mmm.. I'm okay, but being out in the nature isn't bad.. I mean at least there won't be stupid noises in my head all the time."

"Minjoo-ah.. I know it's hard for you with such a special power, but learn to embrace it because it's a part of you, and it will always be a part of you."

Minjoo nodded, I know. That's why I wished that I could become normal.. 

The Next Day

-DINGGG DONGGGG- The door bell rang at the Choi Household.

"Oh Mark, are you here for Minjoo?" a tall man, with a prominent jawline that looked just like Youngjae appeared in front of the door. Minjoo's dad.

Mark nodded, and walked in.. Mark did that so much he didn't even feel out of place. It felt like home to him. Minjoo walked down the stairs with her toothbrush in .

"You're here early!" Minjoo said with the toothbrush in , it really just sounded like someone a bunch of muffled sounds mixed together.

"Yeah, you know I don't like being late"

"What the.. How did you understand that? I've been living with her all my life and I never know what she says.. It's you and and her have a language of your own!" Youngjae said with a confused yet amazed look. 

Haha, well if that was the person you liked, you'd understand too. You'd also notice all the little details about them, like how she always held her toothbrush on her left hand, she always had a little wavy hair when she didn't blow dry her hair the night before. How she would yawn three times if she didn't have 8 hours of sleep. You would know. Mark smiled with that thought. 

Minjoo came running the down the stairs, panting she said "OKAY! I'm ready, let's go!!" 

"Hey dad, I'm leaving now! See you later!

Minjoo's dad looked up, then back down to his newspaper. He didn't mind, at all. He was used to it, and he knew if Mark was there she'd be safe.

In Mark's car

"Good morning Minjoo! How are you feeling today?"

"Mm, pretty good! I'm excited to go to the amusement park, I heard they had new things installed there."

"Glad you're excited!!" 

Minjoo looks so cute everytime she talks about the amusement park, it was our place. The first time I found out about this place, I brought Minjoo here.. And ever since then we came back on a regular basis, I'm sure even the boss remembers us by now! 

I'm just so glad that Mark brought me here, I've been having troubles sleeping lately.. I've had dreams where a mysterious man comes out of the forest and makes me choose who to pick. And if I didn't he'll kill everyone I love. This was just the time to go to the amusement park!

As they arrived to the amusement park, Mark parked the car and they walked in. Minjoo put her hand around Mark's arm like she always did and began looking for the new rides people have been talking about.

I love it when Minjoo puts her arms around mine. It feels like we're a couple. Mark had a huge grin on his face. 


Hope you enjoy! Just a quick update before I head out :) Happy Chinese New Year!