Leave

Twisted Regret

“Ah, Chorong-ah” Hoya said to her after opens the door of his and Bomi’s apartment.

 

“Hi, Howon-ah” Chorong said weakly.

 

“What happen to you? You look terrible. Come inside.” He said as he led her to the living room and ask her to sit.

 

“Have you eat?” Hoya asks her worriedly. They have been best friend since their middle school day as they in a same class and Bomi is Chorong’s best friend and Hoya is Bomi’s husband. Chorong just shakes her head weakly.

 

“Alright. Bomi is making a breakfast right now. We’ll eat later then we can have a talk, okay?” Hoya said as he rubbing her back try to soothing her.

 

“Unnie!” Bomi calls her as she walks towards her while wearing her apron. Chorong lifts her head and when she see Bomi she can’t hold her tears anymore and she quickly hugs Bomi and crying. Bomi and Hoya shocked to see her state as she is always the cheerful one and noisy but this Chorong is certainly different. She never been like this after her marriage and this is the first time they saw her like this.

 

“What happen unnie? Why are you crying?” Bomi asks her softly as she bring her to sit back and rubbing her back like Hoya did. She then signal to Hoya to help her to see her cooking in the kitchen. Hoya then stand up and walks to kitchen. Chorong just crying sadly and Bomi just let her be as she understand she need that space to calm down so that she can tell her what happen. After a few minutes crying, she then starts to calm down and just sniffing can be heard. Hoya then appear with a glass of water and hand it to Chorong.

 

“Drink this first, Chorong-ah” Hoya said as he sit at her left side as Bomi is at her right side. Chorong then takes the glass and drink it slowly. After finishing the water, Hoya then take it and put in on the table.

 

“Do you feel better?” Bomi ask her as she her hair. Chorong nods her head.

 

“Thank you guys and I’m sorry to bothering you guys.” Chorong said as she still sniffling.

 

“It’s okay, Chorong-ah. We’re best friends, aren’t we?” Hoya said gently.

 

“Yeah, unnie. Don’t worry about it. Tell us what happen.” Bomi said to her. Chorong pursed her lips and slowly starts to tear up but then she take a deep breath and starts to tell them what did happen between Sunggyu and him.

 

“Unnie, I’m sorry that I didn’t know about this. Why didn’t you tell me before?”Bomi said sadly as she also feel sad to hear that Chorong suffer because of Sunggyu. Hoya looks furious as his best hyung could do like that. He thought Sunggyu would never do that as he knows just how much Sunggyu loves Chorong.

 

“It’s okay, Bomi-ah. I also don’t know that things will get this worse. What should I do, Bomi-ah? I don’t know where I should go if I have to leave that house” Chorong said sadly. She can’t get over the fact that Sunggyu indirectly asks her to leave the house.

 

“Don’t worry about it. I have a place for you to stay if you want.” Hoya said suddenly. Chorong looks at him confusedly and look at Bomi to ask for explanation.

 

“Yeah, unnie. If you want, you can stay in this place that Howon oppa and I have been stayed last time when we just need a peace a little. You should stay there too.” Bomi said assuringly.

 

“But whose place is that? Can I stay there for a long time? And what about the rent?” Chorong said worriedly as she starts to think to move on if Sunggyu really don’t need her anymore. Bomi and Hoya just exchanging glance and smile.

 

“Don’t worry, unnie. It’s Hoya oppa’s friend’s place. You can stay there as long as you want and about the rent don’t worry. You can talk to him and I don’t think he’ll be too care about it.” Bomi said as she smile gently.

 

“Alright then. Can you guys bring me there to look at the place?” she asks looking at both of them. They look at each other before Bomi answer her.

 

“Of course, unnie. But first you have to go back to your house and packing your things. We’ll pick you up tonight at 7, okay?” Bomi said.

 

“But, I don’t plan to move that fast. Not today at least” she said slowly.

 

“Unnie! You have to leave that house immediately so that Sunggyu oppa realize that he made a mistakes towards you.” Bomi said frustratedly. She knows that Chorong hesitate because of Sunggyu but she has to convince Chorong to leave that house immediately for Chorong’s happiness.

 

“Bomi’s right, Chorong-ah. Let Sunggyu hyung realize that you are important to him. I bet when he realize you are gone, he will starts to freaking out. Right now, I think he just need time to straighten his mind and you also need your time.” Hoya said try to persuade her. Chorong still contemplate whether to leave or not but when she think of Hoya’s words, she adit what he said is true so she agree to them.

 

“Alright. We’ll pick you up at 7, okay?” Bomi said before Chorong leave. Chorong just nodded and give them a smile. A smile that contain so many sadness but also grateful towards her best friends.