Regret

Twisted Regret

 

It’s already two years since Sunggyu and Chorong married and sure they have their ups and downs and maybe this is one of their down. It’s been a month that Sunggyu always come home late and don’t even touch the dinner that she made. For the first week, she still can consider just how tired he was coming home late and she didn’t want to bother him but after a month she don’t think she can understand him being so late and sometimes don’t even bother to greet her and hug her to sleep as always. At that moment, she already doesn’t feel good about it so she decide to asks him or if she wait any longer she could die because of frustration. Today is no exception as now is already 1 a.m. but still no sign of him. Chorong sits on the couch waiting for his return loyally as her heart hurts every seconds passed. After waiting since forever, there is a sound of key clicking from the main door. She quickly lifts her head to see a presence of a man that she knows too well without seeing his face.


“Oppa..” She calls weakly. Sunggyu that startled by her voice jumps a little as he don’t expect her still awake waiting for him. Usually she will go to sleep first.

 

“Oh? Why didn’t you sleep yet?” He asks her tiredly as his right hand loosen up his tie. He sit on the couch in front of her. Chorong feels shock as she looking at Sunggyu that decide to take a seat in front of him instead of beside her. Usually, he will immediately takes place beside her and hugging her but what just happen certainly unexpected for her.

 

“I need to talk to you. No. WE have to talk” She said seriously as she emphasized the words ‘WE’.

 

“What is it? I don’t have anything to talk about and can’t we just talk about it tomorrow? I’m so damn tired right now.” He said slightly feel annoyed.

 

“No, oppa. We have to talk now or we don’t have any chance later because you always busy with whatever-it-is and I don’t even know if it’s more important than me.” She said strictly as she stared at him angrily. Sunggyu seems irritated with her and begin to boil with anger.

 

“Are you trying to say that I didn’t do my works properly and me being busy is because of I pretend to be? HUH? You don’t even know how tired I am trying to make a living for this damn little family that I regret I have.” He said angrily without thinking and doesn’t even realize he has hurt her badly.

 

“Op-Oppa..!!” Chorong said surprise with his revelation. She never even thought that Sunggyu will ever regret building a family with her. She felt hurt also embarrassed as she feel like she’s the only one who insist to keep this marriage keep going while Sunggyu already regret it.

 

“There I’ve said it. I don’t want to say too much as it will waste my energy so right now please let me get my rest. I hope you get your answers.” He said as he take a step towards their bedroom but before he can take a further step, Chorong quickly hold his wrist.

 

“Op-Oppa! Please tell me you don’t mean it. Please say that you’re lying and you just tired and can’t think properly. Please, oppa.” Chorong said while crying. Sunggyu turns to her and glare at her coldly and push her hand harshly.

 

“I’ve said enough, Park Chorong! I don’t even want to waste my time talking to you while you don’t even understand what I said. Just let me live my life peacefully and please don’t bother me again. Leave me alone.” He said coldly as he walks away from her leaving her alone crying helplessly in the living room. He never calls her by her family name anymore after their marriage but tonight he did.

 

 Next morning, Chorong wakes up on the couch where she was sleeping last night. Right after she wakes up, she felt a throbbing pain on her head. ‘It must be because of crying too much last night’ she thought. ‘ Sunggyu oppa told me to leave him. How am I supposed to live without him? Can oppa live without me? Of course he can. He doesn’t even feel bother for this one month like I did. Just what I did that I have to go through this? Oh God, please help me. I don’t even know this thing can happen to us. After two years building our marriage never once oppa mention about regretting marrying me but why suddenly? Did I made a mistakes to him till he could think like that? And tomorrow was supposed to be our 2nd anniversary. Great!’ Chorong think to herself and crying for nth times. After a few minutes crying, she then strengthen herself to go to their shared bedroom to prepare herself before going out to see her best friend. She had to see Bomi to ask for advice. She didn’t think she can think properly with her state right now. At this point she could really kill herself if not because of this important thing inside her. When she enter the room, she didn’t expect to see Sunggyu in there is in the middle wearing his work attire. She gasps loudly and that make Sunggyu look at her through the mirror but then the only thing she can see his eyes that don’t hold any affection towards her. She felt a pang inside her chest but she try her hardest to keep her tears to herself.

 

“I- I’m sorry. I- I- thought you already leave. I just want to take my shower. I don’t mean to disturb you.” She said stuttering a little because of too scared that Sunggyu will get mad at her. Sunggyu then just turns his head away and don’t even reply to her. Chorong that feel like she was ignored by her own husband then just proceed to her routine quickly as she wants to avoid him. In the bathroom, she quickly turns on the faucets fully and crying her heart out loud to prevent Sunggyu heard her crying. Just then, she heard Sunggyu just left the room as the door was close harshly. She just crying and after a few moments of crying non-stop suddenly she feel nauseate. She then runs to the toilet bowl and vomit. ‘Can’t my life get any worse? My husband leave me and now I’m feeling sick. Just great to start my day.’