The Pabo is Kind of Nice

"We will always improve..."

A/N: **example** These lines are said in English.

 

“…~~-ah.”

“~~~-ah.”

“YA! NAM ~~~!!!”

You jump slightly, and grumble into your pillow. You can recognize Woohyun’s voice right away. “Go away,” you mumble, “Let me sleep.” Shutting your eyes tight and trying to block out Woohyun, you try to get some more hours of sleep. It had been a long, wakeful night, and you had just fallen asleep a few hours ago. You still aren’t used to the time change.

“Wow, you’re really good at painting.”

You pull the covers up over your eyes, remembering the pink sunrise clouds you had painted last night on the walls.

“Do you draw well, too?”

You ignore him. You’ve already started to fall back asleep.

“Is this your sketchbook?”

That wakes you up.

You sit up suddenly, making your head dizzy, but you’re too worried to care. “Woohyun-oppa, give that back!” You spring out of bed and lunge at him. He’s got a goofy grin on his face as he dodges you swiftly, flipping through your sketchbook.

He stops flipping suddenly and his eyebrows shoot up, “Is this—?”

“Stop!!” You jump at him quickly and snatch your sketchbook away, tucking it to your chest. Images of everything you have in there flash through your mind. All your drawings. Your crushes, decorated with hearts. Couples kissing. Drawing made in anger and pain. Your heart pounds in your chest nervously.

You’ve knocked Woohyun off balance and he knocks against your dresser.

“Oww,” he grumbles. You look up at him.

Woohyun complains more, but you’re frozen in place. Your red fish you had set on top of a pile of your favorite books was rocking dangerously. Woohyun’s pressure leaves the dresser, and it’s enough to make the glass fish topple over the edge and crash onto the top of the dresser. It shatters and you fall to your knees in shock.

Woohyun turns around and gets quiet when he sees the fish. “Oh… I’m sorry.”

Now you scream in frustration. “WOOHYUN-OPPA, GET OUT!!!! YOU JERK!! Leave me ALONE!! **Get out!!**”

You shove him out of your bedroom and slam the door, locking it. You slide against the door and sit on the floor, tears already making their way down your face. It had been your most precious possession. A gift from your best and only friend before she was taken away. You just want to crumble into a ball and lay there. You don’t even have the strength to be mad at Woohyun anymore.

“~~~-ah…” Woohyun says softly from the other side of the door. “I’m really sorry.”

“Go away,” you cry. All you want now is to go home.

“Can I come in?” Woohyun asks softly.

You want to tell him to leave again, but you don’t want to be alone. Instead you just sit there in a ball for a long time, listening to Woohyun breathe softly on the other side of the door. He tries to talk to you every once in a while, but you ignore him.

“~~~-ah. I have a schedule later, so I just wanted to hang out with you today. I haven’t seen you in a long time… But you just kept sleeping and sleeping. Please open the door.”

Silence.

You finally unlock the door and scoot away. He comes in right away. You hide your face in your knees, not wanting him to see you cry. He sits beside you and puts his arm around you, hugging you.

You suddenly remember being small again and being bullied by him all the time. You would fight back and argue all the time, but when he went too far and made you cry, he’d always apologize and cheer you up.

“~~~-ah, I’m really sorry,” he starts. “I didn’t mean to…”

“I know,” you mumble. He’s right and you hate him for being right.

He shifts his body to stand up asking, “Can I look through your sketchbook?”

You don’t feel like fighting, so you don’t answer him. You guess he took that as a yes because he reaches for your sketchbook, looking through it beside you.

“Don’t…” you mutter.

He ignores you and continues flipping silently. You peek out at him, wondering how he’s reacting to your drawings. His face is expressionless as he studies your drawings.

“You know, you’re really good,” he smiles at last.

He’s not even looking at you anymore. You mumble, “I know.”

That makes him laugh a little, and he ruffles your hair. He flips to the next page and pauses. Turning it around to show you, he asks, “You’re really a fan, huh?” It’s a drawing of Myungsoo you did a few months ago.

You pout and turn away, knowing he’s grinning with pride. “Don’t think so highly of yourself.”

“Hey, I know how I can make it up to you,” he smiles mischievously.

Still very hurt, you grumble, “hm?”

He puts his arm around you again and rocks you gently. It’s a bit comforting to be held. “Aigoo,” Woohyun says, “Cheer up. I’ll let you meet your favorite idols. You know I’m a big celebrity, right?”

You perk up and look at him. “You’ll take me to meet B2ST?”

His face is priceless as he registers what you just said. “B-B-B2ST?!” he stammers, looking from me to the sketchbook.

You smile painfully at him. “I’m just kidding…”

“You rascal,” he says, ruffing up your bed head again. Woohyun stands up and pulls you to your feet. “You’re still such a crybaby. I thought you’d at least mature a bit.”

You narrow your eyebrows sharply. “You jerk.” You push him out of your room and close the door again. You stand still, waiting for him to knock again.

“~~~, hurry and get dressed, unless you want to meet the members looking like that~,” he calls teasingly. “I’m leaving in ten minutes.”

You think about the members. Sungkyu has a schedule, so you might not see them. But you’re still so excited. Woohyun leaves. You can hear his footsteps echoing down the hall. Boohyun and Auntie must have left already. Knowing your uncle, he’s probably working on his car in the garage.

You look at your fish one more time and sigh sadly, your excitement gone. You move to the dresser and hold the fish’s head gingerly in your palm. “**I’ll fix you up later, okay? I’m sorry.**”

Wearing your favorite gray sweater and boots, you meet Woohyun downstairs.

“Ready?” you idiot cousin asks. He’s dressed nicely in a dark coat and jeans, but you can tell he’s noticeably taller. Insoles.

You take a deep breath. “Yeah.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to meet B2ST?” he asks as you walk to the car together.

“I do,” you answer, “but it’s okay to start with INFINITE.”

“Dream big, crybaby.”

"YOU dream big. I know you're not that tall."

"Shut up before I change my mind."


Kekekeke Namu and his insoles.

Enjoy~