Back to Seoul

"We will always improve..."

A/N: Insert your name in place of "~~~"

Chapter 1:

You watch the taxi drive off with your courage as you hold your luggage close beside you. You pull out your phone as if you’re expecting a text, which you’re not. You haven’t seen your family in Korea for so long, you’re not quite sure what to expect. You’re wearing a pair of skinny jeans, a wool coat, and your favorite red converses.

“~~~? Is that you?”

You turn around to see your cousin Boohyun walking towards you from the house. You immediately smile. He hasn’t changed much. Well… you notice he’s gotten more handsome and a lot taller, but otherwise, his kind smile is still the same. You never hung out with him much, but he’s always been a lot more polite than his stupid brother.

“Boohyun oppa!” you grin.

“Nice to see you again, ~~~. Here, I’ll help carry your things into the house.”

You thank him as he takes your suitcase. He takes the lead as both of you walk into the house. As you expected, it’s a very nice house. They used to live in a house that was kind of shabby, but you can see they don’t have any money problems anymore. Boohyun leads you upstairs to your room, one painted with a light blue and decorated with white furniture. You smile, thinking about painting some white clouds on the ceiling.

“Do you like it?” your aunt asks as she comes in behind you.

You turn and smile politely at her. “It’s really pretty. Thank you for letting me stay here. Please take care of me,” you bow.

“Wow!” she smiles, wrapping her arms around you in a hug. “You’ve grown so much. You’ve become so pretty!!”

You chuckle, “Thank you. Auntie, you haven’t changed at all. You’re still as beautiful as ever.”

“Now you’re lying.” She clicks her tongue, but she’s still smiling.

“Umma, let’s let ~~~ unpack. Come on, let’s go back downstairs,” Boohyun urges her, giving you a quick smirk. “I’m glad you’re here,” he says right before he closes the door.

You’re thankful. You’d forgotten the shaky plane ride and glance at your suitcase worriedly. As soon as their gone, you open your suitcase slowly and dig in until you find your white sweater. You unwrapped the item in it and sigh gratefully when you see that your red glass koi fish isn’t cracked. You set it carefully on your new dresser and proceed to unpack your clothes. The closet is very spacious, and you still have plenty of room after hanging up all your clothes. You take your art supplies out of your backpack and organized them on your desk the same way they were in your room.

When you’re done, you head back downstairs. You find Boohyun cooking something that smells delicious in the kitchen. “Where’s Auntie?” you ask.

Boohyun turns around from the stove. “She had to go back to the restaurant. I should be there too, but I’ll hang out with you today.”

“Hm,” you sigh sadly, “great.”

“What?” Boohyun asks, surprised.

You grin, “Just kidding.”

“You troublesome kid…” he shakes his head. You can’t help but notice that even though you’re 18 now, Nam Boohyun still treats you like a kid.

“Oppa,” you call Boohyun, sitting down on the dining table.

“Hm?” he answers.

“I was thinking that… I’ll need a job.” You look around the kitchen. Boohyun had always loved to cook. When you guys were kids, he was always helping in the kitchen while you fought over video game controllers with Woohyun.

“A job? Why?” Boohyun asked, mixing some sauce into his stir fry. “You can just work in the restaurant.”

“I don’t know,” you shrug. You don’t really want to make it uncomfortable for them. “I don’t really want to work in a restaurant.”

“I see… There’s a bookstore nearby. They might be hiring.”

“Awesome! Thank you.”

Boohyun finishes cooking and sets his cooking in front of you. “Enjoy.” He walks off to some other place in the house. He’s never really been a talkative guy after all.

When you finish eating and doing the dishes, you give yourself a tour of the house. There are a lot of pictures of Woohyun. There are pictures with s too. You see one from when he was a kid, the Woohyun you’re familiar with. He’s holding a soccer ball under his arm and smiling triumphantly. He was so chubby back then. You see a more recent picture. He’s lost a lot of weight and looks kind of tired, but he’s still smiling brightly. You notice his teeth.

“With his money, he still hasn’t fixed his crooked teeth?” you mutter. His teeth don’t usually seem crooked, but his lower teeth aren’t straight.

The next morning, you go with Boohyun to visit his restaurant. It’s very nice, and you notice that a lot of his customers are inspirits. Some of them ask him about Woohyun. You sit at a table with a drink in front of you, watching as Boohyun serves his customers. When he finally got a break, Boohyun came over and asked if I needed anything. I shook my head, and he sat down across from me.

“Is it tiring dealing with his fans all the time?” I asked him, glancing at Woohyun’s fans. They turned away when they saw me looking, but once I turned back to Boohyun, I could feel their stares again.

Boohyun shrugged. “It used to be annoying, but I’m a bit used to it now.”

I nodded, trying to ignore the whispers around us. “He doesn’t come by often, huh?”

“Who, Woohyun?” Boohyun shook his head. “He’s busy, but he’ll be coming to dinner tonight since you’re here.”

I smiled at the thought of seeing my cousin again, just a tinge hopeful that he’d bring a fellow member with him. “Really? I’ll look forward to it.”

I excused myself and stood up, bowing slightly to Boohyun and thanking him for the free drink. “I’m going to go down to that bookstore you talked about and see if they’re willing to hire me.”

“Okay,” Boohyun said, standing up and sliding his chair in, “I’ll see you tonight.”

I grabbed my purse and was about to leave when I remembered. “Boohyun-oppa, is it okay if I paint the walls in my room?”

He looked confused, but after a moment, he shrugged. “I guess it can’t hurt.”

“Thanks oppa! See you later.”

 


~~Done with my first chapter!~~

Namu shows up in the next chapter!! I'm excited to write it! XD

Hope you enjoy! This is my first kpop fanfic so I hope it'll turn out okay. (Trans: I hope I finish it.)