Step 9

Steps to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I couldn't sleep.

 

 

The memory of our kiss in the car kept replaying in my head. I placed a pillow on my face and squealed.

 

 

 

"Kyahhhhh!'' that is with matching wriggling of my legs.

 

 

 

I placed the pillow down and gave a big sigh and not a few seconds passed and I'm grinning again.

 

 

I stood up and reached for my mp3 remote, turned it on then started dancing like crazy around my room. (Unfortunately I'm not that gifted with freestyle dancing unlike Yixing.

 

 

 

 

I almost didn't hear my phone rang with all the ruckus I'm doing. I squealed louder when I saw his name flashing on my phone screen.

 

 

 

"I shouldn't make him wait.'' I thought before taking a deep breathe, sitting back down on my bed before answering.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hello?" I said softly - I heard him take a deep breathe before answering.

 

 

"Dara...hey." he said in a somewhat awkward voice.

 

 

"Hey..." I answered back before moving to the middle of my bed and holding a pillow in my arms.

 

 

"Did you uhm... get into trouble?" he asked.

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

Before reaching my house, it was what he was mostly worried about. He thought my Father might punish me for leaving my guards and can't be reach for almost a whole day.

 

 

"I did this a lot before too, don't worry. And I can handle my father..." I smiled as I took his hand and played with his fingers."... I'm his favorite." he chuckled then as he answered.

 

 

"Well that's because you're his only daughter, his only child." I poke my tongue out at him and he playfully pinch my nose.

 

 

"Yah!" I playfully tried to take his other hand acting like I will bite his hand. He was laughing so freely that I paused  and watched him.

 

 

 

 

He finally noticed me stop. He smiled them brought my hand, to his lips and kissed it.

 

 

 

"Go in... I'll leave once you're inside." I noded before leaning in to kiss him - yep I'm being bold again. He just smiled and let me. "Go..." he said after.

 

 

"Drive safe...," I step out of his car then peeked at the window," ...Call me once your home." He just noded then motioned for me to start walking.

 

 

 

 

I gave a small wave before finally stepping back from the car and started walking backwards to keep looking at him.

 

 

 

"This is not a dream Dara, you can look away. I'm not gonna disappear." he said loud enough for me to hear.

 

 

"FIne..." I pouted then turned my back and continued walking. As much as I want to look back, I held myself back. "Keep walking Dara, don't look back... don't look back." I kept muttering to myself.

 

 

 

I was by the door when I look back at him. Sorry can't really help it.

 

 

 

I see his car but I can't see his face anymore - i raised a hand, gave a small wave then went in.

 

 

end of flashback

 

 

 

 

"Nope" I answered. "I told you I won't.'' I smiled feeling touched that he's worried about me.

 

 

"That's a relief then... I just arrived at home." He said.

 

 

"Have a good long rest okay. You did a lot today." I said worried too.

 

 

"I'm used to that don't worry." He answered.

 

 

"Will ... w-will I see you tomorrow?" I asked. I bit my lip as I waited for his answer.

 

 

"Do you want to see me tomorrow?" I hear the teasing tone on his voice and I smiled.

 

 

"Yes, I would love to see you tomorrow." I answered honestly - he knows how I fell about him (more or less), there is no point in playing shy or secretive.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I would love to see you too." he said and I felt really happy that he said that. "I'll pick you up after school."

 

 

 

"Okay..." I paused thinking how I'll say the thing that's bugging me. The only dark bit on my amazing day with him."Uhm... can I ask you something?"

 

 

 

"Sure." I took a deep breathe and gripped my pillow closer.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter