Step 5

Steps to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

We sat at an empty table which was a little hidden. I contemplated if I should sit beside him or in front of him.

 

I decided in front - so he won't feel cornered; and so I can see his face more clearly and of course he won't have any choice but look at me as well. Who won't fall for this beauty? 

 

"You're just wasting your time with me...  I'm not interested in dating right now. I might have flirted with you last weekend, I know... but its because I know it won't really go anywhere. I'm not on your level." he said as soon as we sat down.

 

"Who cares about Levels? I like you and that's that." I answered cooly. The manager came over and placed down our drinks." Thanks..." I said with a sweet smile.

 

As soon as he's out of earshot.

 

"And even if I did like you, I don't date casually. So if you're just wanting a short term fling, I'm not your guy." he said seriously.

 

"Flings are fun..."I said with a pout. "Relationships are complicated."

 

"Well I'm the type that doesn't do things halfway. I don't do short term plans either. So you see this really won't work." he sipped his coffee. I stared at him- is he trying to scare me off.

 

"That's boring..." I pouted. He crossed his arms on his chest.

 


"That's how I roll. If I start dating someone, it must be because she's worthy of my time. I should love her enough not to regret that I choose to love her." he said seriously.

 


 I swallowed the lump on my throat. He looked at me with intensity.

 


 "I'm the jealous type too. I'm the type who won't be shy saying "She's my woman" - can you handle that? I don't think so... " he smirked. 

 

I bit my lip. It's not going the way I wanted. I can't help but stomp my feet as I moved near the table and said to him in a small voice.

 

"All I'm asking is you to date me a week tops. What's complicated about that. Shouldn't you be flattered I'm doing this to you? " I sat back and sigh.

 

"I am flattered... but flings isn't my cup of tea. Call me a hypocrite or naive, but believe it or not, I'm a hopeless romantic... You don't want a guy who'll go clingy on you right?." he placed both his hands on the table.

 

"You're joking with me right?" I said.

 

"I don't think its difficult to fall in love with you." he suddenly said seriously. His smirk vanished and he leaned closer. 

 

 


" I think it will be easy like breathing..." 

 

 


I felt like there's a hundred horses running amok inside my heart. My breathe seemed to get stuck on my throat... I felt like drowning on his intense stare. 

 


"I... I..." What am I planning to say? What did he ask? Did he ask something? 

 

 

 

He sat back and chuckled.

 

 

"See... you wouldn't want a guy like me." he drained his coffee. " I don't think we'll need to finish the hour, i'll go back to work." he stood up. "Thanks for the coffee..." 

 


I was left there with my mouth slightly open. Shock with the turn of events. 

 

"What happened? Was it a success?" Yoona blurted as she and Chaerin sat in front of me.

 

"I... I need fresh air..." I stood up and went out quickly. 

 


I didn't look at the counter when I went by it.

 

 

 I took large  breathes as soon as I was outside. I felt my friends presence beside me.

 

"What really happened?" Chaerin asked.

 

"I don't know... I'm... I ... I have to gather my thoughts. Thanks for coming here with me ... i'll go first... " I started walking away.

 


I was confused.

 


 My brain cells must have turned to mush in those few minutes with him.

 


I shook my head as I continued walking - I felt someone following me and when I turned it was just my ride. My bodyguard looking around with the window open.

 


It stopped when I started to walk towards it.

 

"Let's go home." I said as soon as I sat inside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

As I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter