Step 8

Steps to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I was sitting on a bench outside - one of the sisters that was watching the kids with me told me to rest for a while and that she'll look after them while they sleep. 

 


I gladly took the breather- i haven't done this kind of work. 

 


Yes it was fun too but it was exhausting.

 


Add that I didn't see Yixing at all made me a little disappointed as well.

 

 


I took a deep breathe and look around, maybe Yixing is somewhere around here- there's nothing wrong if I look for him right?

 

 


I smiled widely to start my hunt (keke) I meant "looking" for him.

 

 

I remember they ask him to chop some wood, fix some of the animal cages , fences around their plants and lifting some stuff in one of the buildings.

 

 


I started on the fences but it seems like he was done there. I was about to go to the animals next but a passing kid I decided to ask told me Yixing is somewhere out back chopping wood.

 

 


I was literally bouncing on my heels as I skip to where he was - didn't know I can miss someone this much just after 2 hours of not seeing each other.

 

 

I rounded the corner following the direction that kid told me and there he was: under a big tree - chopping some wood then walking to a nearby pile to place those he just chopped.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I find guys who are sweaty icky looking - but how can he make it look so hot. I bit my lip suppressing the smile and giggle I know I'm nearing to do. I silently watch him as I slowly approach but a few feet away , he raised his head and look towards me.

 

 

"Hey..." I said.

 


"How was the kids?" he asked before resuming what he's doing.

 


"It was okay... tiring but fun." I smiled before stoping a few steps from him.

 


"You can sit over there." he pointed to the pile of wood but instead of following him , I moved back just a little then sat down on the ground (it was covered in grass so it wasn't that uncomfortable.) 

 

 

He just shook his head when he saw me getting comfortable on the ground - I folded my knees to my chest and hugged them before I continue watching him.

 

 

"You should have brought something to drink before looking for me, I'm kind of thirsty." he said and I automatically sat up.

 

 

"Um yeah... I'm kind of thirsty too, I'll get us something." I quickly walk away from him feeling stupid since I didn't think he might be tired once I see him - I should've thought about that.

 

 

10 minutes later I was on my way back to him.

 


I offered the bottle of water as soon as I reached him and he smiled.

 


"Thanks..." he drank all in one go and I wordlessly offered him another - mine but I figured he needed it more.

 


He accepted it then only drank a mouthful. 

 


"That's so good..." he grinned- the boyish grin he used to do when we first met. He gave me back the bottles so he can continue what he was doing. I opened my bottle and drank from it ( yup its the bottle he drank from)

 

 


"Hey... he said when he noticed.

 

 

"I'm thirsty too and for your information that bottle was mine, I just decided to let you drink some" I poked my tongue out at him then smiled.

 

 


"I really don't get you... why do you have to do this when you can obviously get any guy you like..." he asked before bringing the axe down.

 


"Well obviously I can't get any guy I like..." I answered meaning him.He just rolled his eyes -it should have looked girly but for me it made him look cuter.

 


"I mean someone more deserving, someone who has something to offer...I can't give you anything Dara." he said as he continued his work not looking at me.

 


"You are deserving..." I stood up feeling slightly offended for him that he thinks himself unworthy. "You have something to offer..." I walk towards him and he stopped. "I'm not asking you to give me anything... I just want you." He looked at me directly in the eyes and he seemed to be trying to look for something.

 

 

"Why me?" he ask sounding confused.

 

 

Should I tell him? I still think its bad If I tell him I'm inlove with him first.

 

I also knew he wouldn't believe me. 

 

 

"Why not?..." I step closer to him - only two more and I can kiss him. " Don't think too much on why and all those other thoughts that makes you think You're not good enough for me. I'm already telling you what I see is enough. How you make me feel is enough." 

 


I look down biting my lower lip. 

 


" I know this sounds weird and too forward since I'm the girl and it should be the other way around but..." I look back at him. "I'm not the type who holds back on what I want to say and 
I'm not ashamed to say things if I meant them. I really like you..." I acted bolder and held his hand (the one not holding the axe) . "... Can't you just think of me not as the rich girl Dara or the Dara with the reputation but just me ... " I took a step closer." ...just Me..."

 

 

"Can I think about it?..." he asked.

 

"Of course..." I smiled, feeling relief he isn't rejecting me again. "...I'll wait." I let go of his hand and was smiling happily as I sat back down on the ground.

 

 

 

-----------------

 

The day afternoon passed by without me complaining. I was all smile the whole time and everything seemed easy - I didn't mind the sweat , the dirt or even getting wet when I help bathe the kids.

 

 

The sisters were thankful as they walk us towards Yixing's car - some kids were following saying goodbye and asking when we'll be back .

 

 

I let Yixing answer them since I'm not sure as well, not unless he ask me to come back with him.

 


As our car went farther from the orphanage, I did feel a little sad. I am such a priviledged person- with no thoughts or worries for my future since everything is provided and planned for me.

 


I got cur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter