Step 7

Steps to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Its been two weeks since I last saw him - for two weekends Ms. Lou invited a new assistant. 

 


I knew there was no point in asking her why he's not here - and even if it hurts a little I assumed it was to avoid me.

 

But being a rich girl - i have my ways.

 

I paid someone to watch him and inform me of what he's doing. Yep...


This is what he has done to me. And what use is my father's money if it can't make me happy.

 

I didn't try to see him again at his school or cafe, but a picture was given to me by that person everytime he gave me an update.

 


----------

It was the weekend of the 3rd week and i finally decided to see him again - I was informed he will be going somewhere out of town. The investigator I hired luckily heard him ask his boss for leave for this particular day, saying he has to leave early that day and can't take any of the other shifts since it requires his whole day.

 

I sneaked out of our house, used a taxi to his house - all before 7 am. I saw his sorry looking car.

 

It made me want to buy him a new one.

 

I went closer and tried a handle.

 


It opened.

 


"It's either its broken or he thinks his car looked too bad to be stolen." I chuckled before getting in. I moved to the back and was thankful that at least he kept it clean. I saw a blanket and covered myself with it, not minding if its with dust or anything else.

 

I moved down to the floor and tried the most comfortable position.

 

And then waited.

 

and waited.

 

I think since i woke up to early, i didn't fight it when my eyes started to close.

 


---------------


The car is moving. I looked out the window and judging from the what I see, we are not in the city anymore. 

 

I looked at my watch - 9 am. I slept for 2 hours!

 

I cranked my neck -it hurts. And then I heard him humming.

 

I took a peek behind the seat and saw him finally in person after weeks.

 


I can't help the stupid reaction i did.

 


"Kyah!" I squeeled as I hugged him from behind.

 


"*%#+..." he cursed as the car swerved. I let him go immediately and looked apologetic.


"Sorry!" I shouted as I took a seat finally on the chair.

 

"! " he looked quickly at me " ! What do you think you're doing? What the hell are you doing in my car? You almost caused an accident! Are you stupid?" he ranted almost shouting.

 

"I... i'm sorry. I didn't mean it!" i felt my eyes tear up. He looked at me again quickly.

 

"!" he murmured again then turned his car to the side of the rode and slowed down to park.

 


He faced me once we stopped.

 


"Dara... " he looked at loss for words. he took a deep breathe. " Call home aske them to pick you up at the next bus stop. I can't do this with you, I have a very busy day today." he leaned his head back to the head rest.

 

"Can't...  I didn't bring my phone." he murmured again ( maybe another curse) then picked his phone then offered it to me. 

 

"I didn't memorize any numbers at home..." I lied.

 

"Even your home phone number." he asked disbelievingly.

 

"Yup!" i said with a smile. He rubbed his face with both his hands.

 


I decided to transfer beside him. I smiled at him when he looked back at me.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter