Chapter 3 - Our Selfish Feelings

Our World

CNBLUE’s dorm.

Jonghyun was sitting on the balcony alone. It was already midnight and the weather is so cold but he didn’t aware of it all. He’s still sitting there, with a can of coke. Even the guitar was being abandoned on the chair beside him. Right now, his brain was having too much errors. He even didn’t know actually what’s on his mind right now. If he can write it down on the paper, he might just draw so many tangled threads to describe his brain and his feeling right now. It’s totally a mess.

“Hey, I think all of you already fell asleep…” someone’s voice suddenly heard, made Jonghyun turned his head and found Yonghwa was there.

“Oh hyung. I don’t know you were home already…”

Yonghwa joined him and sat on the chair while bringing a coke for him too. “I even already took a shower and you weren’t aware I was at home already?”

“Cincca? Ah I didn’t hear anything, hyung…”

Yonghwa glanced at Jonghyun and smiled. “You didn’t hear anything or you couldn’t hear anything?”

“Hyung, I’m not deaf, by the way…”

“Of course not. But do you know, when there’s a sound around you, your ears must send the sound to your brain first so the brain can process it and identified it so you can hear and noticed what sound is that… And I guess your brain must be so full right now that’s why it couldn’t process anything…”

Jonghyun became silent when he heard Yonghwa’s words. Right… Yonghwa hyung is always guessed the right answer whenever I have a problem without I told him…

“Wae, Jongie? Tell me what happened with you. You know, I was receiving so many texts from the maknaes since few hours ago. They said that you’re so strange and for sure, you must be have a problem right now. And since they’re too afraid to disturb you if you’re like this, so they only called me and told me to talk with you…”

Jonghyun sighed and drink his coke again. He feels bad towards his two dongsaeng but actually he feels thankful too because they really understand him so much. He let out a deep sigh and finally told what happened between him and Yuna.

“Is the MV… that horrible?” Yonghwa asked after he heard the whole story.

Jonghyun closed his eyes frustratedly. “Just watch it and you’ll understand why I am like this, hyung…”

“More terrible than Confused MV??”

“Much!” Jonghyun feels his anger again when he remembered the MV scene.

“So you’re angry at her because of that?”

Jonghyun let out a heavy sigh again. “Honestly there are so many reasons why I feel so angry hyung. I was angry at the PD who created the MV concept. I was angry at the choreographer who made the dance move like that, I was angry at the staffs—why the should focusing the camera on her  bare thigh…” he stopped and tried to calm down himself.

“You’re not angry at Yuna?”

“No. It’s different…” said Jonghyun. “Rather than angry… I feel upset at her. She didn’t tell me anything about that. We just talked about it few weeks ago and how could she hide it from me. How if I didn’t watch it today and only watched it at the release day? A whole world already see her and I was the last to know it? Then what am I in her eyes? Better not to call me boyfriend anymore if she just seeing me as nobody …”

“Did you tell her too about your scene in Love Falls MV before it released?”

Jonghyun drink his coke again. “Anii…”

“Wae?”

“I don’t think that’s a big deal, hyung. She even knew that I only looked at Juniel as a younger sister…”

“That’s an acceptable reason, I think.” Yonghwa nodded. “Then don’t you think that she might had a reason too for not telling you about her MV?”

Jonghyun became silent again. A reason…? Why I didn’t think about this before… But still… what kind of reason??

Yonghwa glanced at Jonghyun’s expression and smiled. “Jongie… I understand your feeling right now. I’m not telling you not to angry or what… but… you should face this problem with clear brain. You should aware, don’t let yourself filled with anger… Soon after you can think clearly again, I bet you’ll know what’s the right thing that you should do that time.” He patted Jonghyun’s shoulder. “Having a problem is normal in a relationship. But just remember, you must not lose with the problem. Face it bravely… and clearly…” he smiled again. “I’m not forcing you to make it up right now. No. You can take your time as long as you want, but at least, think clearly. That’s the point… And my suggest right now for you is… you should sleep… because I am already sleepy too right now…”

Jonghyun took a deep breath. “Just go sleep first, hyung…”

“Aish. If I leave you here, you might stay up for a whole night here. Come on. Just go inside and take a good sleep! And you should take care of your voice. You’re in the middle of promoting, right?”

Jonghyun finally gave up and followed Yonghwa to enter the house. He was about to enter his room but suddenly stopped. “Hyung, can I ask something?”

“What?” Yonghwa, who already entered his room, popped his head again.

“How’s the feeling of having a girlfriend in a famous girlsgroup?”

Yonghwa smiled widely. “You know it’s hard. Very hard. But when you love someone, there’s no something called hard anymore as long as you’re happy with her… And the most important thing is… everytime you were facing a problem, don’t let her alone. Or else… you two will be lost to the problem… or the worst, someone might take your position… You already know I’ve ever experienced the worst, but fortunately I can get her back after been  through so much hardships. So don’t ever repeat my stupid act. Never leave her side although you two were having a very big problem. Understand?”

Jonghyun looks like was thinking of something until finally he nodded. “Arasseo, hyung. Gomawo…”

“Hey, that’s what the amazing Jung Yong Hwa hyung is for…” Yonghwa said proudly and giggled before he closed his door.

 


 

FNC Building.

Jonghyun was entered the building alone. A week has passed since he and Yuna were argued in this room. After that night, he never meet Yuna again. It’s because he was so busy with his schedule of promoting Love Falls and also the Arena Tour. Sometimes when he had spare time, he’ll go here with Yonghwa to compose some musics, but since they always came at midnight, so the chance of meet her by coincidence is so rare. Well, actually he can do more effort but he still couldn’t fixed his mind.

He walked out from his own producing room and decided to visit the gym. Due to the busy schedule, I even couldn’t get any exercises for last week… After music, exercising is the most thing that can helped my brain to think properly again…

He was humming a random song lightly while entering the gym when suddenly someone who was wearing a white training suit caught his eyes and makes he stopped his footsteps right in front of the door. Why she was here? It’s totally coincidence. I mean… she’s not a person who visited the gym frequently except if she’s going to release a new s—Ah right. AOA is going to release a new song…

Actually there’s not only Yuna who was there in the Gym. Jimin, Hyejeong and Choa were there too but Jonghyun’s eyes are too busy to focus on Yuna so even his brain didn’t recognize that actually there are three other girls were there.

“Annyeonghaseyo, oppa.” The three girls except Yuna greeted Jonghyun. They knew that the problem between Yuna and Jonghyun are still hanging in the mid-air, that’s why they were greeting while glancing awkwardly at Yuna.

Jonghyun turned his head. “Oh.” Seems like he finally aware about the situation. “Annyeong.” He greeted back while smiling. “It’s so rare to see you AOA here…”

“Nee, oppa. You know, because Isa-nim will get angry at us again if we’re doing a new so—“  Jimin was going to answer but suddenly stopped in the middle, realizing that new song is a sensitive issue for Yuna and Jonghyun right now. “Ah—uhm, do you want to exercise too oppa?” she changed the topic in a hurry while putting a nervous smile.

Jonghyun just smiled a little since he knew that they avoided to talk about their new song. “Nee. But just continue your exercise first. I’ll start after you finished…”

“We already finished!!” Jimin, Choa and Hyejeong said in unison. “Cinccaryo oppa. We already exercised since an hour ago.” They added in a hurry when Jonghyun looked at them with doubtful expression. “Oppa can exercise now. Excuse us, oppa.” They bowed and left the gym in a hurry.

Yuna, who was still feeling puzzled over her members’ acts, decided to follow them although she knew that actually they were lying. It’s just thirty minutes since we started to exercise… She’s about to walk out but Jonghyun suddenly spoke.

“Since when an hour means twenty nine minutes and five seconds?”

Yuna turned her head and found that Jonghyun was looking at the panel of treadmill that Yuna just used a while ago. Aish. I forgot to reset it back to zero, ppabo… She cursed herself when she realized her stupid act.

“You can continue to exercise. Don’t mind me.” Jonghyun continued to speak, still with his flat voice, and heading to the rowing machine.He took off his black sweater and showing his well-built body that covered with a white sleeveless shirt. After he placed his sweater, he then started to do the exercise while facingback Yuna.

Yuna stared at Jonghyun’s back and sighed. I didn’t see him for a week and I feel my chest is so tightened when he suddenly appeared here… I realized how I miss him so much although I knew that he’s still angry at me… By seeing that Jonghyun already busy with his activity, she decided to continue her exercising on the treadmill.

The silence filled the gym. Only the sounds of the machine and their breaths were echoing over the room. Sometimes Yuna stole some glances towards Jonghyun but she found that Jonghyun is totally immersed into exercising. She sighed. Usually when we were exercising together, I never felt so empty like this…

 

 

Flashback

A year ago. At the gym near FNC Academy, Hongdae.

Yuna was walking towards the gym alone. Since she was the first to finish her recording part that’s why she got spare time to exercise. She entered another room of gym that rented exclusively for FNC. She thought that no one will be there since it’s still morning but she found that there’s a guy who was busy exercising in the benchpress. “Oh. Annyeong oppa…” she greeted him with a happy smile that she couldn’t hide.

“Oh!” Jonghyun got up in a hurry when he noticed that Yuna was there. “Annyeong.” He greeted back with a smile. “Wanna exercise?” he asked and in a second, realized that he was asking a stupid question. Of course she’s going to exercise! Don’t you look at her training clothes??

Ugh his smile is truly gorgeous… Yuna thought. “Nee, oppa. Can I?”

“Of course.” Jonghyun stood up and took the towel. Seems like I should continue my exercise later…

“Odiga oppa?” Yuna asked, look puzzled when she saw Jonghyun was packing his thing.

“Ah I’m afraid you might feel inconvenient if I were here…” Jonghyun grimaced.

“Wae? Of course no…” Yuna strongly denied. Why he thought that I might feel inconvenient because he was here… otherwise… I feel happy when I saw him… “Please continue your exercise oppa.”

She surely knows how to deal with me only with her beautiful doe eyes and that voice… His lip formed a wide smile. “Arasseo. Gomawo.”

Yuna smiled back and started to turn on the treadmill. She saw that Jonghyun was continuing his exercise on the benchpress.

“I heard that AOA’s debut is coming closer. Is it right?” Jonghyun asked while still doing his activities.

“Nee, oppa. In July. Five months from now on.” Yuna answered. “Oh oppa. Congratulation. I’ve read that you’re being casted in a new drama.”

“Gomawo… After I was being auditioned for seven times…” Jonghyun grimaced. “Wondering why they didn’t want to give up on me…”

Yuna chuckled. “Maybe you’re the only one who perfectly fit for that character, oppa. Oh, and daepyonim said that one of us will be appear as a cameo there…”

“Cincca??” Jonghyun got up in a sudden. “Nugu??”

“Probably it’s Hyejeongie…”

“Why it’s not you?” Jonghyun asked without thinking. The next second, he realized that he’s too blunt with his question. “Mian… I didn’t mean that I’m not satisfied with Hyejeong… It’s just… uhm…” he scratched his head while grimacing.

Yuna looked at Jonghyun’s act and found that it’s so cute. And it makes her giggled. “Among all of us, Hyejeong’s acting skill is the best, oppa…”

“Ah… geure…” Jonghyun grinned. “But why it’s not you…” he kept mumbling. I didn’t hate Hyejeong, of course not. She’s a good and funny dongsaeng, and also of course I’m happy that Hyejeong will appear, it means she will help to promote AOA… actually I’m just thinking that… it might be… uhm… very nice if she will take a part too in that drama…

“Oppa? Waeyo?” Yuna asked when she noticed that Jonghyun was completely spacing out.

“Ah. Anii…” Jonghyun startled and shook his head in a hurry while forming his dimple smile. “So, five months later, I’ll see you on the stage then…”

“Hopefully.” Yuna smiled. “Please support us, oppa.”

“I’ll bring the food for AOA. Just see later.” Jonghyun promised and smiled again. Although his mind was fully thinking of something else. Five months later... I still remembered the day when we were having light conversation together a while ago and she was saying that she won’t focusing on relationship before she can manage to debut successfully on the stage. Actually that’s what the reason why until now I still couldn’t tell her my feeling… Five months later, hm? Well, no problem. I’ve been waiting for two years, it doesn’t matter to wait for a few months more…

Although all of my members and even my manager unnie always said that my relationship with Jonghyun oppa is not like an usual friend and they were sure that actually my feeling for him is not just one-sided, but I still couldn’t believe them. I mean… hey, he’s CN Blue Lee Jong Hyun. All of people knew him. He has lot of fans. He’s so handsome with so many amazing skills. He can dated a very beautiful idol girl without too much efforts. It’s just because he’s too ignorant about girls and only focusing in music that’s why he’s not in a relationship until now—just like CN Blue members always said. I think I’m dreaming too much if I believed what were my members and manager unnie said... No… I know he only looked at me as a dongsaeng… Don’t get too much hopes Yuna… She sighed and stared at Jonghyun once again, but then she was surprised when she found that actually Jonghyun was staring at her too profoundly, while showing his gorgeous dimple smile. Usually when their eyes met each other like that, one of them will look away in a hurry, but this time Yuna feel she couldn’t. His eyes are locking on her. I know I shouldn’t hope too much… but I know that I couldn’t help but falling in love with him since long time ago… even before I met him in person...

End of Flashback

 

 

Jonghyun stopped his moves and stared at the wall glass in front of him which was reflexing Yuna’s presence behind him. Yeah, actually he just pretended to act casually but he didn’t. He couldn’t focus on exercise because he was busily staring on the wall glass as much as he could. He knew that Yuna sometimes took a glance at him too. He knew that right now Yuna was completely spacing out while staring at his back. He sighed and turned around. “Be careful. You have to be focus when you’re exercising in treadmill.” He said and approaching Yuna. He stood beside the treadmill and pressed the pause button. “What’s wrong with your worse eyebags?” he asked. Yes, I noticed at that time I entered this room and looked at her, eventhough she might put a make up to cover it, I can see that her eyebags are going to compete with my heavy eyebags.

Yuna, who didn’t expect that Jonghyun will stand beside her and ask that question, can only lowered her head while still frozen in her spot. What should I say? The truth? That for this week, everynight I was having a hard time to sleep because of my guilty feeling towards him? And everynight I always ended of crying becase I missed him so much. But I will sound like a weak girl and I know he really didn’t like that kind of girl… “N—nothing. It’s just because I didn’t get too much sleeps because of the practice schedule…” she said while still lowering her head.

Jonghyun knew that she’s telling a lie. Yes. She has a very innocent and pure girl that I ever knew. If she was telling the lies, she will surely lower her head, avoiding people’s eyes. “Am I disturbing your comeback-time?”

Yuna raised her head with surprised face. “Oppa museum seoriya?? Disturbing??”

Jonghyun nodded. “You should just focusing on your new song. Ignore about me and our prob—“

“How can I???” Yuna didn’t let Jonghyun to finish his words. She looked at Jonghyun with disbelief face. How can he’s saying that I should ignored him??? “I don’t want to ignore about our problem, oppa! It’s important for me!”

“So do you want to stay like this? Facing it all? Do you want to get scolded because of you didn’t put a full attention to your comeback?” Jonghyun asked coldly. “I know, Yuna. I know for a week, you often made so many mistakes during practice. Are you already doing your best??”

“I’m aware that I’m in my worst condition these days oppa. But rather than ignoring it, why we didn’t try to solve it together? Isn’t it the better way?” Yuna asked in pleaded tone. “I know I was wrong. That’s why, I really wanted to apologize, oppa. Everyday I always visited your room, while hoping that you were there. But I should be patient because I knew how busy you are, oppa. I’ve visited your dorm few times but it’s always empty. I’ve tried to call you every day but it’s useless. I know oppa is still angry with me. I know I was so wrong because I didn’t tell oppa about the MV beforehand. But I have my own reasons why I didn’t tell you right away, oppa. Please… please… can we solve it togeth—“

“How can we solve it?” Jonghyun cutted Yuna’s words in his cold voice. “Do you want to go to Daepyonim and tell him to delete the MV?” he asked sarcastically.

“No… I can’t oppa. You know it for sure…” Yuna shook her head weakly. “How if… I know it sounds so selfish and I’m truly apologized oppa… but can you… can you accepted it oppa? I know it’s so hard for you. You can throw your anger at me oppa. It’s fine. But I hope you can accept it… Please oppa… Even if you still didn’t want to forgive me…”

Jonghyun closed his eyes and sighed. At the time when he opened his eyes again, it’s not flashing the cold stare again. But it makes Yuna feels more guilty because she knew that Jongyun’s eyes were flashing the sadness and hurtful.

“You want me to accept it? Mianhae… but I still couldn’t…” he said huskily. “Tell your members to continue the exercise. I won’t disturb you anymore.” And with those hurtful voice, he packed his things and left the gym.

Yuna stared hopelessly at Jonghyun’s back who was being further away. She let her body sat on the floor while her tears continuously dropped. I didn’t know that a relationship could be this hurt…

 

 

 


annyeong :)

sorry if you guys feel that it's a lame chapter T.T mian and the problem is still unsolved T.T

pls forgive me >.<

and please just tell me if u have suggest, critics or anything. feel free to tell me :) if u dont mind

welcome and thank you so much for my lovely subscribers, readers, upvoters, comments, friends, and all of you who supported this story and *ofcourse* this couple <3

see ya next chapt :)