Chapter 6

Angel - 1004

"What is the meaning of this?" You swung your hand away from Daehyun who was holding on to you tightly. He was surprised at your sudden outburst, he would have been strong enough to hold on to you. You suddenly remembered he was still in his scaly and scary form. But you weren't all that afraid, you were furious. Daehyun averted his gaze at you quickly, before looking away.

"Jung Dae Hyun, " You growled, " Don't play games with me, tell me everything. NOWWW! " you hissed. You were surprised. Well, sure you can produce certain sounds with your voice, anyone can. But that last word you just spoke of, it felt foreign. Was that your voice? And what confirmed your suspicion was Daehyun who gave you a really long stare. " A-An-Angel??" he stammered. You immediately clasped your hand over your mouth. Silence stood still between the both of you, and once again you felt like you were being inspected by Daehyun. " Did you... " he spoke first, " had burst of energy? " he asked seriously. .... It suddenly strikes you to when you both first met and he was describing to you his transformation...it can't be.. right? And the colour of his eyes never disturbed you, but right now, with his golden darkened eyes staring intently at you, you were taken aback. Just a minute ago you flared up at him. Right now, he is scary. He is frightening.
You bit your lips, and nod your head lightly. You didn't dare to look at him. 

"What? Damn.... " He gave a tired groan and tilted his head up and pinched the bridge of his nose. You could see his jaws tightened and he swallowed. 
What is going on? 

He gave a long sigh, and looked back at you. "Come, Follow me. " He said quietly, and brought you further in the cave. It was only then you realised that he has brought both of you to the 1004 hill. Or teleported. You weren't sure what he could do. You fearfully glanced at everything around you, taking in the whole surroundings. It looked similar to the room that you were held captive with the five of them. There were ugly white streaks, and red marks that stretched across the walls. It got colder, and just at that thought, Daehyun looked back, and took off his coat for you. It wasn't exactly a thick bulk coat, it was just like a thin black long sleeves, almost like a dress shirt, only warmer. When you draped it on, you felt smaller than you usually are. You've never felt like you're a really tall person, but after wearing his coat, not only did you realised how much you miss wearing his clothes, you miss how secure he made you feel. You've always been on the shorter end, and with his tall frame, you've always felt at ease, at home.  You felt a dab of fluttery feeling in you, you gave a small smile as an appreciation back. He nodded in response and continued walking. It wasnt long when you've realised both of you have trailed quite a bit inside the cave.

There stood was a room of white. The table that stood in the middle had a book, it was just like the one Himchan was reaading. He glanced at you, and swerved his hand and a stone chair with flowers embedded on the seat came up. The flowers seems to resembles the cushion of chairs, and it was so sweet of him. He knows you're not used to the cold. You wondered, if he was searching for Love, why would he be showing Love himself? The fact that they are searching, means they have none on themselves, why would he show you love and search for it? 


"Take a seat. " He broke your thoughts. You just stood there, you felt like a frightened little girl who is going for a job interview for the first time. He raised his eyebrows, " I said, Take a seat. Don't make me move you to that seat. " He growled, before turning his back on you, and started painting the plain white walls with his hands, out of nothing. You nervously inched your way, and slowly lowered yourself on the seat, and Daehyun just spoke up as you were doing so, " You wanted the truth, I'm going to tell it to you now. " He turned around and looked at you fiercely. " This will be your last chance to leave this hill. " He swallowed, as he set his hands down by his side, looking really sad. " And leave me, and leave all this. " He raised his head, " I shouldn't have asked you to come, but... " He hesitated, and sighed as he stared into space. " I know, now, please tell me. " You spoke in a soft voice. 

He gulped, and stared at you for a long time. He was probably deciding the consequences. But both of you had come way too far to go back now. 
He sighed and started drawing on the wall. You glanced at his drawing, and you were curious, what exactly is that? 

"This is Matoki Planet. " He spoke softly, but you could hear the pride in it. He turned around and faced you, " I'm a Matoki. " 
He kept silent, and patiently waited for the reality to sink in to you 
"Y-You mean... you're not born here.. I mean.. like here, here?? " You were overwhelmed again. 
He nodded, chewing his lips and scratching the side of his head. " Impossible, " You muttered, " I mean, " you looked at him, " I knew you... "
He interrupted you, " When we came to Earth, all six of us lost our memories. The creator wanted us to not create suspicion and blend in with the Earthlings, " your heart twitched a little, it's evident both of you cannot be together, because both of you are not the same. You nodded to urge him to continue. He turned around and with a swipe of his hand, the drawing slided to the side and disappear, a new drawing appeared. 
" This is how my real form looks like, " He muttered, " I am Kekemato. " He grinned as he turned to give you a quick glance. With his charismatic grin, you instantly melted and burst into laughters. " Kekemato? " You went for another round of laughing. That name sure is adorable. Daehyun was pleased, because he haven't heard your laugh in a very long time. 

He took in another deep breath, " I don't know what Hyungs and the rest of them had told you, but whatever they say, " he sighed, and looked into your eyes, keeping you in suspense. " It's true. " he mumbled softly. 
Your mind instantly recalled what they had said and making your eyes grow wider as you remembered. 

" Daehyun loves you. " YongGuk gave a disgusting smile.
 

You gulped and felt the increase of your heart beats. "You... don't love me? " You almost choked on your own words as you whispered softly. He bit his lips, and nodded at a very fragmented pace. You knit your brows together and tried to understand. 

"I.. " he started, " am suppose to find love. " He mumbled and played with his fingers. 
" Creator didn't give me a heart to love anyone. " 
You looked away, bewildered, " How about before all this, before all these had happened? How did you even know about all this when you could play and kiss me and say that you love me? " 
He swallowed, " That was because there comes a time when we have a calling from the creator. When we have all settled down, he will regain our memories. We can't possibly do what he has entasked us with when we're a baby, or when we haven't figured out how to be humans. " 
"So what you're saying is what we had wasn't love, but you... you.. " 
He hurriedly interrupted, " Nono.. I truly...love you. " He lowered his head, " But I had forgotten. Remember what I had told you? " He looks really sad, " I didn't meant to forget you.. " He added. "That's why I bought this hill, " He continued, " To remember you, and to live away from my brothers. They were drowning in the desire to be a powerful demon. The powers they had were undeniably more tempting than being a human. They weren't bothered by emotions or self-concious, they could do anything with free will. They didn't had people whom they had love once before in their lives, " he looked at you and whispered the next line, " but I loved you. " 

You looked at his eyes, and you could feel tears threatening to spill. You twitched your jaws to hold back your tears, " So you knew that you had a transformation, that's why you bought me this hill, and that's why the last time we met, you said that you had a dream and you never continued, and you said you'll tell me the next time you meet me, and that was like... " 
"When I gave you that paper. " He replied solemnly. 

Before you could say anything, he added " But, I am sorry. I am sorry to call you here, I shouldn't have. If I didn't, none of this would have happened. " He bit his lips, " You see, the easiest way to find those six things was to swallow a person't soul. " He cautiously peered into your eyes to assess your reaction to the six of them swallowing souls, but with all that the rest of them had said to you, you're not surprised at this. " That's why HimChan and YongGuk came the other time. " You added nonchalently. He nodded.  "I'm sorry that I had the thought of calling you here to swallow your soul. I thought that since what we had was love, I could fulfil what the Creator wanted and end this torture. " You bit your lips, so the truth is revealed. He was the one who wanted to swallow your soul initially. Can you still trust him? He can't even love you. He was a little more afraid to continue now, but the look on your eyes urged him, and he went on. 

"It was until, I met you. You stood there by the tip of the hill and I remembered what was love. I kept all our memories here in the hill to remind me that I was once a human, or at least sort of, but none of the memories made any sense. Not until you came. " he said all in a breath. You your lips nervously, " I remembered how it felt like to love and to be loved. It was at that moment, I realised.. " He slowly walked his way to you, his eyes slowly turned into a shade of blue, and what you saw wasn't a demon, but a man with dreams. " I don't have to swallow a person's soul to find love, " he looked down at you, " I just got to learn to love. " He added shyly. Even beneath his skin, you can almost imagined the blush on his cheeks. Your heart melted a tiny bit, as you recalled all his efforts to show you love, to try and learn to love. The room, the flower, the food, the nights he stood guard and protected you. You almost felt guilty you had wished that he hugged you more, or show his love otherwise. And realised, that his little efforts, already showed love more than he did in the past. 

Because, although he had changed, he tried. He tried to love. He tried to overcome the obstacles to love you. It was something you saw absent in people around you, where Love, this great feeling was horribly taken granted for. 

He went on, rambling like how he did in the past.
"So, I tried, I tried Angel, I did. I really cannot remember what colour you love, or what food you like. I can't recall if you like the sunrise or sunset better? I spent hours recalling your favourite flowers, but it's different from all the memories I kept in the hill. It was like a fading dream, whenever I reached to touch them, it just disappears, and I would completely forget that piece of memory. And, it hurts me sometimes to think that I'm selfishly keeping you here, away from your family. I really love you, or at least the human form of love that I could imagine. I'm trying. I don't know, but I think I could feel love, and someday, it would just melt everything and I could give back to Earth. What Earth needs, Love. " He looked at you when he said the last word. 

You kept your eyes on him the whole time and you felt really guilty. He tried. And this was probably why his wings were getting dull. Because he was becoming less of a demon, and more to the angel. Think about it, Demonic Angel. An Oxymoron indeed. But at the same time, the demonic angel himself could have made the choice himself. 

"That's right, " Daehyun spoke up, did he read your mind? " You're right, just like I told you, my brothers had dropped too deep in the fantasy of having powers that a human cannot have. They have dropped too deep in the negativity that they had forgotten the things that they were entasked to. But because of you, I made the choice to be less of a demon. " He muttered, as he created a chair, for him to sit down. He grinned and looked at you, " I didn't read your mind, but I read your eyes. A person, A human's eyes is the window to his heart. " You nodded, but for odd reasons, that last sentence brought back old memories, and evidently you could see smile growing on Daehyun's face as if he could see the memories that was flushing into your mind when he stopped talking a while before continuing. 
" I'm sorry if you can't feel my love for you. I'm sorry that I'm ... " Your hand reached to hold his hand. You were surprised at how warm it was, but you held on tight, and he was startled by your actions. "Thank you for making this choice, " you whispered. He smiled. And your heart melted. 
It wasn't like how it was in the past, that innocent puppy love that you had your heart melt when the boy you loved gave you a smile. No. It was purely love, you're genuinely happy and grateful and cheering on for a person who you love. And more than the four letter word, you recognised the risk he took to show you, to try and changed what has happened. Even though it made him weaker, because he wasn't fueled by negativity, but more of morphing into a greater demonic angel. The kind that was more of an angel than a demon. That's why he said he wasn't evil. That's why he didn't need to have such terrifying powers. And that's why he became weaker in terms of demonic powers as compared to his brothers. It was probably part of the process. You glanced at him, and there was no words to explain the look on his face as you pondered this. You confirmed your thoughts with the way he looked at you. You saw a tear threatening to fall, so you stood up, with your hands still holding on to him. 


"I just want to ask you something, " You peered into his eyes, and he keep his eyes connected with yours " Do you love me now? " 

He nodded, " If I had a heart, I had, I am, and I will, " He smiled, " Forever, " he added softly. 

You blushed and lowered your head down shyly. You wondered how can a demonic angel who claims he can't love gave you so much love? Essentially, even them have the ability to show their love, not necessarily in search of love, but more of they have the ability to give love, to make someone feel loved.

"It's really hard, " he mumbled, his face really too close to you, " I told you, I tried so much to keep my powers in and I had visited you. I just didn't tell you in the first place because I didn't want you to worry. " He blinked and a tear fell down. You wondered if Demonic Angels can cry. They looked so tough and invincible, maybe, just maybe they have emotions in them too?? It just wasn't unleashed, like Daehyun's love for you. Maybe... just maybe... " And.. right now, " he frowned, his heavy words broke your thoughts, " Angel, " he combed your hair, " I'm afraid. " He gulped. 
" Of what? " You asked softly. 
" Of you becoming a demonic angel.. " He muttered. 

You smiled, " You silly boy, how can I become when I'm not a matoki. " 

He frowned, and he was dead serious. " Matoki aren't Demonic Angels. Demonic Angels are a group of beings that are blindly led by desires and dangling between strings of being a demon and angel. The creator isn't a bad Matoki, he didn't ask for us to search six things to conquer and kill Earthlings. He wanted to save Earth. " He kept silent for a while as his thoughts pondered. " And anyone can be demonic angels.. " he mumbled threateningly in soft tones. You gasped with your eyes widened. 

"You mean... " you asked, frightened. 

"I'm sorry Angel, I should have taken better care of you. You gotta stay with me, and we'll walk through this together. " 

YongGuk's words hit you, " He loves you ...So much that he didn't bother telling you that you could have died if you stayed with him." 

"Dae.... " 

"Mmm... " 

"Will... Will I die if I stayed with you? " 

His eyes widen and you could see the dilation of his pupil as your questions registered in him. 
"I... " 

He bit his lips and countered your question with another question, " If I say yes, will you still leave  the hill, will you leave me? "


 


I sincerely hoped this cleared a huge part of any confusion. It wasn't easy to write out what I had in mind, and it would be a pity to give up on the idea I had in mind. Thankyou for the comments and welcome aboard for new subscribers. I genuinely appreciated all the comments :)