Chapter 4.

Angel - 1004

"I'm sorry.,.. " Daehyun chanted. 

He kneeled beside you, as he couldn't take his eyes off you with a worried expression. 
"I'm sorry.. " he murmured. 


You screamed. 
And finally woke up from being unconcious. 
Before you could say anything, you felt someone hugging you. It was familiar. 
It was comfortable. 

Until... 

You realised it was Daehyun hugging you. 

" YOU THIS LIAR! " You smacked him, and tried to writhe out of his embrace. 

He... slowly pulled back and observed your expression. 
Face full of rage, anger, confusion, disappointment, and fear, was the one dominating your expression. 

"Did... Did you dream of something? " he asked slowly. 

"What? WHAT DID YOU WANT ME TO DREAM? LOVING YOU AFTER YOU CALLED ME A FREAK?! " you snapped. 

" ... " he lowered his head, " You did had nightmares,... " He bit his lips and looked at you, and he asked cautiously, still peering into your eyes, searching of something, " What did you dream? " 
You calmed your breath. " I dreamt that I became a demon...I mean demonic angel. "
His eyes flared gold, it was dark still. He was as still as stone after your words. It was as if he was out cold. You didn't know what to do to break him out of his trance. You realised... his wings weren't as brilliantly shining as it had before. It was dull. 
You recalled your dream again, Daehyun... is the same... right? 
The man you love ?
You couldn't speak a word, and his gaze was still fixed on yours, still prying deep in your soul. He gingerly leaned into you and held you tight. 
He kept chanting something inaudible. You didn't understand. Your dream still gave you the creeps. Will you? Will you become a demon? 

" Please,.... be with me. " He whispered louder. The only few words you heard from all his mumbling. 
You pulled back, but he hurriedly trapped you in his embrace by hugging you tighter. 
" Promise me. " He said firmly. 
You just nodded. You weren't sure why, but somehow you don't feel like giving him the consent of your words. 
"Say it, please. " He insisted. 
You hugged him tight, and whispered back in response, " Yes, I promise. " 
But.... you don't feel the same like you had when you hugged him. It seemed like hugging a stranger. It seemed by a wall between both of you. Had everything changed? How do you explain that weird dream you had? Will it happen? Why are Daehyun's wings glowing less brilliantly? What exactly happened when you were out cold? 

"You shouldn't think so much. " Daehyun's voice broke your thoughts. You didn't realised that you've been preoccupied with your own thoughts. Did...Did he heard your thoughts? You didn't reply, but he gave you a long glance. It was as if he was pondering,... he has been pondering a lot more. He used to be rash, and talkative. Things...at least this have changed. 


================


The next few days, you've stayed with Daehyun. You weren't particularly strong enough to be out about and running. You learnt his style of living. He was used to less than five hours of sleep. He didn't say why, but you figured he felt guilty if he sleeps more. He always thought that he shouldn't deserve the luxury of heading to dreamland. Since its a place that is for normal humans. He wasn't. He was "evil. " He shouldn't be given the privilege to dream. You would have argued and discussed that everyone could have dreams, but his glum facial expression had dismissed you away. 

Daehyun rarely eats anything. If he does, it wouldn't be anything meaty. It would be some insipid plants or shrubs, or on good meals, berries that were strangely addictive and sweeet yet tangy. But he would always make it exceptional for you. You've asked him. Why such a diet, and he says that he has to return to the environment for what he ( and you were pretty sure he referred to the other five as well ) had caused to the environment. He didn't need that much food too. But you were thrown off your feet, this.. this is your Daehyun who loves food. Why is he torturing himself like that? 

Daehyun wasn't all that different either. He would often pick flowers ( which you obviously knew he had used his powers to grow them, because these flowers are non existent. )  for you. There was one time, he grew at tulip, and hidden deep in the buds of the tulip lies a beautiful berry shaped like a heart, and was shining magnificiently when held under the sun. You could see the spread of his lips as he witness you prying and gently digging that berry out. He even prepared a vase for you, though, you prefered doing up a garden for planting them though. He has been working on a room for you. He has already prepared a room for you, but he seems to think it wasn't perfect. He would spend hours trying to create the perfect room for you with lacing the edges, the walls with flowers,and change them every two days. He doesn't have his bed, but he sleeps on the inside of the cave on the floor with a stone as a pillow. You wouldn't dare to wander far in the cave, it gets darker within, and he wasn't all that pleased with this idea either. It was a few days, but he was always trying. Trying to show you his love. It felt foreign, as if he has never learnt to love and was new to love. He would shyly pass you a stalk of flower. Or you would catch him creeping to your room to bring the sheets to make sure you're warm and covered. Then, although it may be freaky, he would still stand in a corner, with his arms across his chest and look at you in the night. Like he was protecting you, staying on guard. You wondered if you've managed to "cheat" him and make him believe that you're asleep. Because his silver eyes stood out in the darkness, but he never seemed bothered by you staring back at him ( if he actually knows ) . After sometime, he would always hum a tune. Your favourite tune. The one both of you had listened together from the start of this love. It was called Angel. 천사 That's why he named this hill 천사. 1004, a place for angels. He never told you, but you figured. Though it was a little fuzzy on the line of what kind of angels, but did it matter? All angels... aren't they the same? They were once humans? Or were they? You don't know. All you know, is that you wished Daehyun would remember how it was to cuddle you to sleep. But he never seemed to try and cuddle you. It was as if, he didn't know how or he was to afraid. 

Then, for once, you felt like you never know Daehyun. Yes, he knows everything what the old Daehyun would know. But it was different. It felt as if you're caged in his embrace, forever. He wouldn't let you go. You've not told him about what happened to you for the past year when he was gone, and he seemed barely interested. And yet, when you tried, he always kept a solemn frown, which immediately made your mouth sealed. He seems to be thinking and plotting. But he seems to be getting weaker. You could tell from the glowing of his wings, it has gotten dimmer. You wondered what had happened. But you never asked. Conversations lies between the cricket sounds, and his constant praises for you. 

You on the other hand, felt different. It was as if a turmoil was spinning in you. It was definitely turmoil. You've felt shots of pain everywhere around your body. You would fall to your knees... but when Daehyun appears, it was as if everything was a joke. Everything was gone and you're like a joker kneeling on the floor "acting in pain. " You couldn't find words to explain this weird phenomena, and you've never told Daehyun what effect your dream has on you. Some nights, you would wake up, break out in cold sweat. Occasionally, you have bursts of energy that can let you break a tree apart. You, would have never been able to do that. Sometimes, you wondered about what had happened when you've passed out, and wondered about the possibility if you've ... you've... well you know... became a demonic angel. 

 

===============



One day, after Daehyun courageously gave you a morning hug, you told him you'll hurry to the rivers and collect some water. You would love to be in his embrace, you normally would. But it was different that day... you don't know why you had an urge to head out. He insisted he could have do it easily, you were really stubborn as well, so he let you go. What you wanted was a walk, you didn't know what to do. You only could talk to Daehyun but he had become so silent you barely recognised him anyore. You kind of missed alone time with yourself. 


You wandered and trailed along the meanders of the rivers. You didn't want to head back so fast. The sounds of the moving waters were really soothing, and it felt therapeutic. 

 

You heard a whistle. 
It wasn't a whistle, whistle. It was eerie, it was shrilling, it had sent waves of fears in you. You saw a light, and you felt the currents in the water getting even more rapid. It wasn't moving slowly. It was crazily flowing.. Your heart felt panic. And you could feel the shots of pain hitting you again. What is happening? 

You felt the world spin, and your knees crashed to the ground. The last image you had, was the trees swaying.. and.... someone coming into your vision before you black out. 

 

================


Daehyun's POV

The wind howled in a different direction. His wings were tingling in response. 
"Something's wrong, " His mind yelled. 

He immediately let his instincts took hold of his actions, he couldn't be bothered by the stuff that toppled, he just sprang away from the room, and spied for the skies before piercing through the air to reach a suitable height. 
He soared high and had a good bird's eye view. Where is she? 

 

He calmed his heart and spoke to the living creatures in his land. 

"Gone. " The trees whispered. 

" North. " The wind howled. 

He opened his eyelids, fear crept up on him. 
It had happened. What he had fear,... it happened. How could they possibly be lurking around without him knowing and let them take her away from him like this? 



He calculated his risk for going. He was weak, he couldn't defeat them if he leave this hill. But he couldn't leave you in their hands, they could eat her, her soul. Whatever, they were demons... demons. His brothers but still demon. 

He closed his eyes, and went for the cave again to grabbed a silver crested blade, he slide inside his hidden pockets and followed the wind as they took him to North. 


================

Your POV


"Hello. " 

It sounded like Daehyun. 


You smiled and tried to get up. But you were held back. Something was holding you back. You shot your eyes open.. You were tied up. 
You glanced around... those five boys you knew.... they are demons now. Nothing that you know now. 

"Hello... Noona.. " Zelo smirked, his black lips. "Still as beautiful, " JongUp's voice sounds like a snake talking, it set your hairs standing. 
"Nice to see you again, " HimChan leaned against a small table and swirled the red liquid in his glass. 
YongGuk just gave a grin. 

YoungJae was dangerously close to you, as if he was staring at a specimen. He caught you staring, and a smug smile grew on his face, " Don't be afraid, we won't bite. " HimChan laughed, " Don't lie, It's bad. " 
Zelo's turn to laugh, " Aren't you bad yourself? " 
HImChan erupted into fits of evil laughs, " How about all of us, " he stared at you, " we should all lie to her. " 
He set his glass down, and walked closer to you. YongGuk rotated his neck, and you could hear the sound of cracking of the knots. 
" Daehyun loves you. " YongGuk gave a disgusting smile


That's a lie? They said they were gonna lie to you. Daehyun... don't love me? 

Yongguk smirked, " The truth sounds so good right? " 

Your mouth was wide opened, " Don't keep the girl waiting, continue. " HimChan snapped. Annoyed by the silence.  
"We are good guys, " Zelo tipped your chin with a finger, forcing you to stare into his pale blue eyes. It makes him look sick. " Really. " He emphasised again. Giving you his innocent look. 
JongUp, he still had his angel smile. Which makes him looks even scarier with that black scaly skin of his, " We love you too, Noona.

Your head was in pain. Shots of pain has moved to your head, it was blaring and throbbing in agony. These can't be the truth, you're blinded by fear. Calm down and think. 

" Think about it, why did he not tell you what happened with us? " YongGuk threw a lazy glance while reaching for the red liquid Himchan drank. 

"Or why did he not come here? He knows the way here, " YoungJae smiled. Too scary of a smile. 

Their questions were making you dizzy and you were in a muddle. No. Daehyun loves you. Yes he doesnt know how to show his affection. But he didn't had human interaction for a year. Now before the woman he loves, he may not know how anymore. And... well,... maybe he hasn't realised you've been gone. Maybe... But it was his... you mean the land that belongs to both of you. He would have sensed your disappearance like your arrival. 

"Da Da Dum~ " Zelo sang, as if he read your thoughts like this. 

" Don't worry, we won't bite. " YoungJae " lied " again. 
And all five of them burst into laughters. 

Daehyun... please come. Please. 

"Oh he won't. " HimChan commented not looking up from his book. When did he read a book? And did he read your mind?! Why does everyone has the ability to read your mind!?
"Not that this book says so. " The book... said that? 

" Don't worry. These are just feelings of love sick, but you should get rid of them. Afterall, " YongGuk chuckled, not that kind of happy chuckle, " He Loves you.... " 

" ...So much that he didn't bother telling you that you could have died if you stayed with him. " 

" What? "