Chapter 3.

Angel - 1004

In pure darkness, you struggled to keep your eyes open. You groaned as the waves of pain shot across your whole body. You finally managed to pull your eyelids apart, and blinked several times to get a clearer vision. 
"Ughhs... " you groaned, bringing one hand to cover your aching head, and the other supporting yourself to get up. 
You gave a few light shake of your head, before surveying your surroundings. 
It was black, dark,... and horribly cold. 
You squinted your eyes and witness the eerie peeling of the blackened walls, and you almost could see yourself covered, blanketed, suffocated by dark shadows. The room you were placed in was terrorising. 
There were two skulls placed side by side on a teeny black cupboard that had streaks of red, you could also witness the cobwebs taking charge of the cupboard, slowly turning it grey.. 
On the floor, several brown and black covered jugs trailed the length of the wall till it reaches the door. 
There were black sludge messily strewn across the floors. 
Your eyes fearfully dragged across the room, you could see weird carvings on the wall.. 
And the most prominient was the cracks on the wall. 
It seemed as if someone with superpower had harnessed their energy into attempts to crack the thick wall apart, and failed to do so, leaving those cracks that spreads out like a ripple in a water on the wall. 
It would be an artistic work of art, like your "picasso-like " friend SooJin would say. 
But you know, this isn't something worth to be praised, 
Who ever did that, would... , you just gulped down that lump in your throat, trying hard to not think further. 
You felt cold and huddled yourself close... 
Then, you peered down. 


You..
You.. 
Your... skin..

It.. 
It was black. 
It was soot black. 
And you had scales. 
You gasped and immediately did a swift turn to give a glance at your back. 
There was a huge pair of wings spreading behind you. 
It was leathery.. 
It was.. just like Daehyun's.. only as scary as YongGuk and Him Chan. 

You were paralysed in fear that you could not scream, you could not think, you could not move. 

What... What the hell is going on? 

You could feel your hairs standing,... except, you don't have hairs covering you. 
You felt your throats being dry of moisture. 
And your fingers, was feeling drained of blood. 
You couldn't tell if you had blood.. Or if you had purple blood... like.. like HimChan. 
But what the hell is going on? 
You groaned as you tried to work your brain to think, think and think.


What happened? 
Your memory was getting foggy and all messed up. 
You were feeling waves of thirst. 
It... felt dreadfully overwhelming. 
You... you need something.. 


" Yummy.... " 
That voice echoed in your head. 

It.. It sounded like HimChan. 

"Yummy? " You repeated his words, shaking your head and wincing in pain. 

" Wha... " you never finished. 

As you felt a surge of energy blasting through you, you could feel yourself on fire. 
You yelled as you curled into a ball when the pain previously hitting you, amplified its impact. 
It felt as if someone was kicking and torturing you. 

You wanted to call it to stop. 
But what, what is that it, to stop?! 


You couldn't control yourself, you pulled whatever was infront of you and tore it apart. 
You could hear the sound of the bed sheets tearing. 
You heard the tossing of the pillow against the cupboard, slightly tipping it off balance. 
But the two skulls dropped on the floor, leaving echos of the hollow sounds. 
You yelled again and went for the walls. 
Imitating the person who previously did the cracks, you punched a fist against the walls. 
The cracks spreaded out like ripples in the water only faster. 
And it glowed as it happened. 

But the pain that seared through you was striking you bad and making you all whoozy. 
"MAKE IT STOP!!! MAKE IT STOP!!  MAKE IT STOP!!! " you screamed as you let your knees hit the ground. 
Once again curling into a ball. 

You flared up, as you felt your body heating up even further and your wings feeling alive. 
You spied a nearby window, and without thinking, you went for it. 
Maybe a flight can pull off this pain. 


You balanced yourself slightly with your arms spreading out, still slightly tipsy as you realised you were still dizzy from the pain. 
You blinked, and shook your head. You blinked and shook your head again. 
You focused on the window, and went for it. 


" You this crazy , " you felt your wings being held down by someone strong. 
And you closed your eyes as the reality sinked in that you were thrown across the room. 
You felt your face squashed up against the wall. 
And everything was going in slow motion as you dropped down from that impact, on to the floor. 
Then... the smashing against the wall, that pain creeps up at every part of your body. 
It was like a crazy alarm being set off, and you felt more enraged. 
You could feel your eyes burning, like it was getting ready to shoot flames. 

" You this fu-... Daehyun? " 
You stopped. 

Your body wasn't on flames anymore. 
You stared at your love. 
He was ... 
He was a man. 
He... 

He... 

He smiled. 
No.. it grew into a smirk. 
It was.,... a smug. 
No.. Damn it, what does that means...? 
He folded his arms, and made his way to you with sass. 
His shoes makes a "click-clack" echo that sends chills down your leathery spine. 
He tilted his head slowly, keeping his smug. 

" How does it  feels to be the freak? " 

"What?! " You growled. You never knew you had a hoarse voice. 
Or you caused it from the screaming. 

" The freak... " he pointed at you with his nose. 
It felt discriminatory. 
Like.. he was the one judging you now. 
Your love, he is judging you. 
You... previously attempting to look at him in a brighter side, now.. he is calling you a freak. 


"Daehyun? " you whispered fearfully. 
This is a dream... right? 
He has to be that man you loved. 
You love. 
And you still is in love with.. 


RIght? 


" Why... " he took another step forward and brought a hair to carrress the leathery skins of your wings, as if he was scrutinising the possible dusts on it. " Someone is ... " he glanced up with a devilish smirk. It struck you cold, " Lovesick? " 

" What? " you said it barely audible. 

" Love sick... " He gave an evil cackle, " you... " he teased. 
He was like the joker in the Batman movie. 

It was no longer funny if such guys says a scary thing while laughing. 

He... he hasn't changed right? 

"Daehyun... what is happening? " You asked again. 

" You're love sick.. " he chanted again. 
And, without looking back, he made his way to the door. 
When his hand touched the door knob, you exclaimed, " WAIT! " 
And you pounced forward, grabbing him close to you. 
You wrapped your arms around his waist and held him close. 

" Please.. Please don't leave me... " you felt so weak as the words spilled out of your mouth. 
"I... I... " 
 

You swallowed, " I love you. " 
" I love you, Daehyun. " 

You squinted your eyes shut. 
You felt his , " Human " hand prying your grip off. 
He tossed your hand away like it was a piece of feather. 
He turned around and tutted, " Such.. a weakling.. " 

And it struck you. 

" Dae? " 
You were testing the waters now. 
He... He has changed. 

He smirked as he beckoned someone in. 

You witness the entering of the five other humans you've once known so well. 
Now looking at you like you're some freakshow. 

" Look at her hyung, " Daehyun teased, " she said she loved me... "he puckered his lips and said the words like they were sappy and disgusting.

You scoffed. So... this was it. 

And, his words set everyone into laughters. Non-stop. 
Yeah, you're a freakshow. 


" Don't you love me? " you questioned him, bravely. 

He widen his eyes in surprise, no, amusement. 
He glanced at the five pair of eyes, and laughed as he gestured to you and himself sharply, " Me? " he emphasised. 

" Why... " he made his way closer, and whispered to you, " would I love this demon? " 

" You freak.. " he laughed again. 

And, that was it, you took him by the collar and tossed him to the bed. 
Then, you felt yourself pinned down by the five other men. 
They were strong, and unfortunately, your heart was suffering making you weaker in response. 
Daehyun wiped the side of his lips with the back of his hand, fuming as he paced to you. 

" You freak, " he spat on you, 

" Quit talking, get to work! " Yongguk hissed. 

" My pleasure. " Daehyun smirked. 
As he approached you swiftly, biting your neck. 
The only image that flashed across your mind, was that he did the same to HimChan. 



I'll only be unconcious, you tried to comfort yourself. 
But, will he be the same after you wake up, you questioned yourself.