The Meeting

Silver Lining In My Cloud

Maki is still unpacking her belongings. They, Maki and her brother, Nakao had just arrived at their grandparents’ house yesterday. Her mother cannot tag along as she can’t quit her job.

Maki: Nakao, where are you going?

Nakao: i’m going to buy some chocolates at the town. Ojisan had just given me money.

Maki: It’s gonna be dark soon, so be back early. Don’t go wandering off at weird places.

Nakao: i know how to take care of myself. So do not worry, bye-bye. ( jump happily)

Maki: I hope so. (sigh)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On his way home, Nakao saw a bunch of people smashing someone’s window car. “ It looks fun, maybe i can join them” thought Nakao. When he approached them, one of the men handed him an axe and they all ran away.”Wow, how nice of them to let me have all this fun to myself” giggled Nakao. Then, he started smashing the car causing it to deformed really bad.” HEY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY CAR?” shouted a guy behind Nakao’s back. Then, Nakao felt a punch on his back and it stings really bad.

Nakao: OUCH, OUCH, OUCH!! (sob) Why did... (another punch flew to Nakao’s face)

Nakao: Stop hitting me!! I’ll tell Maki-chan about this!! (crying)

When the guy was about to hit him another time, Nakao avoided it and he immediately ran as fast as he could to Ojisan’s house.

Guy : Hey, where do you think you’re going? HEY, HEY , stop right now! HEY, I said STOP!!

Other Guy: Just follow that retard, Shingo!

Shingo: Huh, hmm....yes boss.

Other Guy: Come on, faster or we gonna lose him! What a bad luck today!! (sigh)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK!!! Everyone in the house heard the door banging. Again the knocking is heard.

Ojisan: That must be Nakao. Why did he come back so late? (stares at Maki)

Maki: I don’t know either. I hope he doesn’t get into any troubles. (worries)

Ojisan: I hope so.

Both Maki and Ojisan hurriedly went to the front door. As soon as Maki opens the door, Nakao jumped right into her and hugged her tightly till Maki almost lose her breath. Maki and Ojisan tried to calm Nakao down but he kept on sobbing and weeping till there is no tears left. “Oh , please stop crying, Nakao. I’ll buy you an ice cream, okay?”said Maki. “Okay, okay!!” answered Nakao happily. Just Maki was about to close the front door, the door slammed open. Someone has kicked the door hard.

Shingo: Stop right there, retard!!

Maki: Hey, don’t call him that, you jerk!! Maybe the one that retards is YOU!!

Shingo: Hey, missy, I have the right to call him that!

Maki: And why is that? You should apologise to him because I think you are the one had cause the bruises on his face.

Other Guy: Hey, that’s nothing compared to my car that he had just damaged!!!

Maki: Huh? Car?

Ojisan: (clears throat) Hmm... maybe it is best if we discuss about this inside, peacefully.

Everyone looked at each other and nodded in agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long explanation from the guy whose name is Yamaa Tomohisa and Nakao, they all paused for awhile.

Maki: I apologise on behalf of my brother. I hope you wouldn’t take it to seriously.

Yamapi: (making a fake laugh) DON’T TAKE IT TO SERIOUSLY!! What are you crapping about, huh? Isn’t it obvious that he smashes my car too!! (half shouting)

Maki: But, but..he doesn’t know it and he didn’t stole anything from your car!! P..plus, he is not mentally well. Please be considerate, I’m begging you, please!

Yamapi: Okay, fine. I won’t lodge a police report but I demand a seventy thousand, cash!!

Ojisan: But we don’t have that big amount of money even our lifetime savings wouldn’t reach that much. Please, can we pay you back in any other possible ways?

Shingo: Boss, how about we take this girl as your housemaid? It’s been hard for you to find a good one!

Yamapi: HUH!! WHAT, A HOUSEMAID JUST THAT?!!! Even if she works for 10 years, she can’t even settle the debt!!

Maki: I’ll do any works as long as I can pay the debt. I promise, I’ll do my best to be your best housemaid ever. Please trust me!!

Yamapi: .............Hmm... it’s a deal. But, you must do any odd jobs that I ask you to do.

Ojisan: Thank you for being considerate, thank you very much.

Maki and Yamapi: Just another bad day. (sigh heavily)

TO BE CONTINUED...