Ch. 7

A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

morning of MAMA's 2013

Exo's Hotel Room

"Hyung did you see my neck tie?" Chen asked Suho

"Anie. Check over there." he pointed to the cabinet

It was very hectic in each hotel room. Everyone was getting ready with makeup and wardrobe.

"10 minutes everyone! Then we've got to head downstairs to leave" one of the managers yelled into the room

"Arasso Arasso." all the guys yelled back

Everyone was ready to go downstairs flashes from cameras met them at the entrance of the hotel. Flashes from all sides were blinding the guys as they looked down and walked into the van.

Hongkong arena MAMA's 2013

Once they got to the venue, they each got out of the van and stepped onto the red carpet with fangirls screaming as each one of them got out of the vans. They walked along the red carpet and took some photos with a short interview.

They found their seats inside the venue. Yoon so hee was seated with them because she was part of their performance. A lot of the fans were wondering who that girl sitting with Exo was. Suho smiled and waved to all the fans who were seated in the stands around them as he took his seat.  Afterwards other groups arrived one by one. Exo rose from their seats to greet and bow to each of them. Suho looked around and chatted with his other members.

Baekhyun nudged him, "hyung hyung. Look who's coming" he signaled his head in the direction of the steps to get to the seats.

Suho looked in the direction and saw girls dressed in black and gold gowns coming up the stairs. Then he caught a glimpse of Chorong with her black and gold gown as she came up the steps and she was breathtaking. He couldn't stare for too long because of all the cameras but he looked back and gave a small bow to Apink and Chorong smiled with a small bow too. He looked back to the front and bent his head over giving a small sigh as he was taken aback by how beautiful she looked in the dress. He was breathless.

The night went on and the performances were spectacular. Everyone was having a great time jamming out to all the songs. Once Rain came on, everyone stood up from their chairs and danced to his amazing performance. Suho knew that Chorong has been a huge fan of Rain's ever since they were kids in middle school, he glanced over to Apink and saw that they were going crazy and excited especially Chorong. The camera concentrated on her for a moment and he looked at the screen then to her and smiled while shaking his head. He couldn't help but laugh at how excited she was getting, but he himself eventually danced to the music.

It was a great night, 2ne1 performed their song Missing You and the camera concentrated onto apink at a point baekhyun and suho saw the screen and suho immediately looked back at Chorong who was sitting behind. Baekhyun sang to the song and turned to Suho teasing him. Suho looked at him and just smiled. Guilty as charged.. his immediate reflex was to look back at her whenever he got the chance.

It then came to exo's turn to perform their hit song 'growl' but this one was a special performance with a drama intro. All the fangirls went crazy. Apink remained calm but they were true fans of Exo as well so they just smiled at the performance. Eunji looked at Chorong and nudged Bomi.

"Yah. Look at Chorong unnie. She can't stop smiling" They both looked at Chorong

Chorong noticed the two of them staring at her and she just smiled while shaking her head. Yoon sohee performed with Exo for the drama intro, she was a beauty and Chorong felt a bit insecure when she saw how everyone was in awe of her beauty and how suho was taking care of her when they went back to their seats, but she understood it was all part of the entertainment business overall and he was just being the usual gentleman that he is.

The show ended with feathers everywhere. There was a pillow fight and it was hard to tell who was throwing where. Once the show ended Suho saw Apink exiting the platform and looked over the rail to watch his girlfriend carefully step down in her heels. He watched them walk away and Chen patted him on the back smiling at how concerned his hyung was for Chorong.

Chorong's POV

He watched us as we walked down the steps and I just smiled back at him. The typical concerned appa that my boyfriend is. How sweet of him, it makes me smile. I had to use the restroom really badly though. 

"Namjoo. Can you come with me to the restroom?"

"Nae. Unnie. Let's go" We quickly exited the arena as one of the stage directors pointed us to the restrooms.

Namjoo finished washing her hands before me. "Unnie I'll just wait for you outside"

I nodded as she walked away. I was still rinsing my hands as two girls entered the restroom. They were having a conversation and suddenly one of the girls stopped talking once they entered. I ignored her and looked for a towel to dry my hands. Suddenly she cleared as she walked up to the sink beside me.

"Yeah I think Suho's the sweetest out of all of them. He's a real gentleman"

I stopped wiping my hands as I heard the name out loud. I slowly looked up to see Yoon So Hee looking at me in the mirror smirking at me. She had a provoking smile. She turned to face me and reacted with a gasp. Her friend looked towards me too.

"Oh. I'm sorry I didn't know you were here." What a joke! "You must be Park Chorong" she smiled at me in a mocking attitude. 

I didn't know how to react as I read her face. I couldn't believe she was trying to provoke me, I knew the things on stage were all for entertainment, but she was taking it too far. I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of getting to me, because I figured she must have found out about me and Suho, I stood still and inhaled.

"Nae. I'm Park Chorong. Pleased to meet you...?"

"Yoon SoHee. My name is Yoon SoHee. I've heard a lot about you."

"Oh really. I've never heard anything about you." 

Yoon SoHee scoffed at my response annoyed. She just smiled and sighed, "Well, I'm sure you saw my performance with Exo out there. Did you like it?"

"What's not to like?" I quickly answered

"You're right. They're all gorgeous. Especially Suho. Don't you agree?" she looked at me smirking and taunting me.

I had enough once she was crossing the line. The fake smiling was gone. "Is there a point to this conversation?"

"No. I just wanted to make small talk. Are you upset or something?"

"Aniyo. Why would I be upset?"

"I thought in case their might be something going on with you and Suho."

"Aniyo." I quickly responded. I knew she was trying to make me say it, but this was supposed to be a secret that remained between the people that already knew and nobody else.

"Then you wouldn't mind if I made the first move on him." 

I was taken aback by how forward she was being. Her friend just watched us conversate back and forth, she seemed clueless. 

"Why would I mind?" I looked at her with an annoyed face

"Great!" she smiled at me provokingly

"Now if you'll excuse me." I walked past her and her friend towards the exit. Once I was out of the bathroom I gave a big sigh before going out and meeting Namjoo. I couldn't believe what just happened and it was all hitting me so hard that someone like her would be using my own relationship against me. My night was instantaneously ruined in one minute.

What made it worse was once I saw Namjoo outside she was talking to two familiar figures.

"Oh Unnie. What took you so long?!" Namjoo said to me. The figure turned around to face me and smiled.

I was shocked to see him, "Oppa. What are you doing here?"

"Oh I was just waiting for somebody."

"Mmmm.. I see." I nodded with a blank face.

"Kwoenchana? You seem a bit flushed" he raised his hand and held my cheek. 

"Yah. Hyung.. Can you not, here?" Chen as he was getting grossed out by how cheesy Suho was being

Suho chuckled and looked at me. "So what are you guys doing after this?"

I didn't feel like responding. Namjoo noticed and spoke up, "Ah. We don't really have anything to do after this just resting at the hotel" she smiled to reduce the awkward atmosphere.

"Mmmmm..." Suho nodded as he looked my way. I looked away.

No One's POV

"Mianhae oppa. I took so long" Yoon SoHee said to Suho and Chen as she came out of the bathroom. She turned to Namjoo and Chorong. "Ah. Annyeonghaseyo" she bowed to Namjoo

"This is Namjoo" Suho motioned to Namjoo

"Nice to meet you" Yoon SoHee said as they smiled at each other

"And this is-" 

"Chorong! Yes I know. We met just a couple seconds ago" Yoon SoHee smiled

Chorong gave a forced smile. Suho looked at her and sensed something wrong.

"Oh. I see" he nodded as he looked between the two.

"So are we going now?" Yoon Sohee asked

"Nae. Their all waiting for us outside" Chen said

"Nae. We'll just get going now. Nice meeting you" Namjoo waved to them as she and Chorong bowed to leave and turn away

"Oppa. Let's go" Suho still couldn't get his eyes off Chorong, as Yoon SoHee held his arm to motion him the other way

"Huh? Oh yes"

They turned to walk away in the opposite direction SoHee holding onto his arm, but Suho couldn't stop looking back at Chorong who was also walking away with Namjoo. SoHee noticed and suddenly Suho stopped walking and turned around while escaping SoHee's grasp. He ran back towards the opposite direction  and went straight for Chorong.

He quickly walked in front of Chorong blocking her way. She was shocked. 

"Oppa? Waeyo?" she looked up at him with surprise in her face

Suho didn't say one word and pulled her into his arms as he e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter