Ch. 4

A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello my awesome subscribers!! Sorry I took a little longer than usual to come back with an update! Well I don't want to keep you guys waiting any longer. Please comment! and enjoy this one:)  -bashful365

"Hey soohyun! I found the eggs!" Chorong turned to soohyun holding one of the eggs in the air while smiling. Once she looked up and saw who was next to her she gasped and dropped the egg she was holding. Her eyes widened in disbelief.

"unnie! this is my cousin Suho oppa!" soohyun looked at her and then looked up at Suho who also had a surprised look on his face.They both had their mouths open.

"Well aren't you guys going to say hello? do you know each other? unnie you dropped an egg" she pointed down to the floor

They both didn't hear what Soohyun was saying they just stared at each other until Soohyun tugged on Suho's shirt he looked down at her "oppa! are you listening?! I said why don't you help her clean it up?"

suho looked at chorong and quickly went to her "ah. yes here let me help you." he grabbed the roll of paper towel and was about to clean the spilt egg but Chorong stopped him.

Chorong looked at him and cleared "ah. a-aniyo. i'm alright it's fine." she took the roll of paper towel from his hand and began wiping the floor just staring straight down

He looked at her and slowly rose "um. okay" he was still looking at her in disbelief that she was actually in front of him.

"oppa. unnie is making eggs and kimchi fried rice! I have a feeling it is going to taste really good!! will you join us for breakfast?"

"well i'm kind of full right now. i think i'll just wait for you to finish eating." he glanced at Chorong

"mmmm.. but oppa! i want you to eat with us!! please please please!!" soohyun pouted

"ah... soohyun you know i can't take it when you start pouting! ah. arasso arasso. i'll eat breakfast with you. That is, if it's okay with you?" he looked at Chorong

Chorong quickly glanced at him and looked away, "Um. Yeah, yes of course you can join us"

"Yay!! Oppa come look at all my toys upstairs. Appa bought me a new dollhouse" Soohyun pulled him by the arm and out of the kitchen.

After she was sure they were finally gone out of the kitchen, she released a heavy sigh. 'How can this possibly be happening? What are the odds?' she thought to herself. She shook her head 'Ahhh.. snap out of it Chorong! Why does it matter if he's here? You just have to get through this day for Jinwoo oppa' Then she went along cooking breakfast. After 20 minutes, she finally finished cooking. A maid walked in as she was getting ready to set the dishes on the table.

"Oh. Ma'm I can do this for you." the maid walked up to her trying to take the plate to help her set up

"Ah. No. It's fine. I can do this." Chorong waved her away while smiling, "Can you just please call them downstairs to eat?"

"Ah. Arasso" the maid bowed and left.

After a few minutes the two came down to the dining room to see lots of breakfast dishes.

"Wow! Unnie it all looks so yummy!! I thought you were only making fried rice and eggs?!" Soohyun looked at her with a wide smile

"Uhmm.. well I got kind of carried away" she chuckled looking down, "Come on let's eat!" she waved to the two of them who were just standing looking at the table.

As they began eating, Suho and Chorong gave each other awkward glances, everytime they looked up from their plates. It was an awkward atmosphere.

Suho cleared his throat, "so how exactly did you end up here?"

Chorong looked up at him, "um. our manager is Mrs. Lee's brother.. and your Mr. Lee's nephew?"

"Yeah" suho nodded, "what a small world" he chuckled

"Oppa, so where are we going to go today?!" soohyun asked

"Well, I was thinking maybe the zoo? Would you like that?" suho looked at her smiling

Soohyun smiled and nodded excitedly, "Yes!! Oh and unnie will come with us too!!" she looked at Chorong and suho eagerly

Chorong couldn't say anything all she did was smile. After breakfast, Soohyun went upstairs to get ready for their day out. Chorong was helping the maids clean the table. Suho watched her.

"You know you don't have to do that," he smiled

Chorong looked at him, "I know.. but I want to."

"Here let me help you" he took the dirty dishes out of her hands

Chorong looked flustered. she cleared as she followed him with the rest of the dishes. "Um. I was thinking.. maybe it would be best if I didn't come with you and Soohyun to the zoo. I mean, I don't want to be in the middle of  your one on one time with her. I'm sure she wouldn't-"

He looked at her "No you can't. You have to come. I mean she would be really disappointed" in the back of his mind 'I would be really disappointed' "Please just come. Soohyun would want you there"

Chorong looked at him conflicted. In the end she agreed and nodded. Soohyun came downstairs carrying the bear in her arms.

"I'm ready!!" she smiled as she entered the room.

When they got to the zoo, it was packed with lots of people, children and families. Chorong and Suho seemed a little on edge because they feared someone may recognize them, luckily everyone was so engrossed with the animals they didn't even notice them. They wore caps and glasses just in case.

"oppa! I wanna go see the pandas!" soohyun tugged on suho's sleeve

"Okay let's go," Suho held her hand as she took his hand with her left, Soohyun held onto Chorong's hand with her right. Chorong was a little surprised, she looked down at Soohyun then up at Suho. He smiled as she looked away. They walked hand in hand with Soohyun in the middle.

As they approached the pandas Chorong was astonished, "aaahhh.. they're so cute!" even she was getting excited and smiling. She ran up to the panda exhibit while holding Soohyun's hand. They were both smiling at the cute pandas. Suho just watched them from behind and smiled as he saw Chorong's long awaited smile.

"Here let me take a picture of you guys" Suho said them as he took out his cellphone. Chorong and Soohyun turned around and Chorong bent over next to soohyun as they both held out the peace sign. "1, 2, 3! Good!"

"Oh here. I can take a picture for you." an ahjumma came up to him taking his phone from his hands as she waved to him to go next to Soohyun and Chorong so she could take a picture of all three of them.

"oh. um okay. thankyou." suho quickly walked to the two of them and all of three of them posed for the picture

"1, 2, 3! Ah... What a pretty picture!" the ahjumma smiled as she handed Suho back his phone, she pointed to him and Chorong, "You have a beautiful family."

Chorong was drinking water as the ahjumma was talking, she choked on her water when she heard what she said. Suho quickly glanced at Chorong and cleared his throat. He smiled and chuckled, "Ah. Kansahamnida" and bowed at the ahjumma as she walked away. Chorong looked at him flustered and surprised he didn't even correct her. "Let's go?" he looked at Chorong and Soohyun as if nothing happened. As they were walking Chorong began to blush and looked away from him as she smiled to herself.

After they were finished at the zoo. They went to a nearby park. Soohyun and Suho were playing on the playground as Chorong sat on a bench watching them. She saw how happy Soohyun was as Suho chased her around. When he caught her, he carried her up into his arms as he was tickling her. Soohyun was laughing so much. Chorong couldn't help but smile at the sight of them. It was a picture perfect moment. As Suho put soohyun down he looked up and saw Chorong watching them smiling.

"soohyun-ah. oppa's just gonna go sit on the bench okay. I'll watch you from there. be careful arasso?"

soohyun nodded. As he approached the bench, Chorong quickly scooted to the side to keep a distance.

"Did you have a good time?" suho asked while watching Soohyun play on the playground, not looking at Chorong

"Yes. Thankyou" chorong responded not looking at him, "It's been a while since I've been able to get a breath of fresh air."

"Yeah. um." suho nodded while looking down "last time I was at a park, was when-"

"Can we not talk about it?" Chorong looked at him

"Why not?" he looked up at her

"I just think we should put that all behind us. Like it never even happened"

"But it did" he looked at her more anxious, "You can't just erase it. It happened and-"

"Oppa!" soohyun interrupted as she ran up to them, "I'm getting kinda tired. Can we go home now?"

Chorong looked at soohyun and gave out a quiet sigh of relief. 'Perfect timing' chorong thought to herself as her racing heart began to slow down. "Yeah we should go." she got up and held out her hand for Soohyun "Let's go?"

As they walked away towards the car, Suho gave out a deep sigh. He had a disappointed look on his face and after a few seconds got up and went to the car after them.

When they got home it was already 7:45 pm. Soohyun was knocked out and already asleep on the passenger seat, she still had the teddy bear in her arms. Chorong quickly went up and opened the door to the house as Suho carried her out of the car and into the house and brought her to her room upstairs. Chorong stayed downstairs with Mrs. Lee who had just arrived home. Suho laid Soohyun down onto her princess bed, as he was taking off her little shoes, he looked at the teddy bear she was holding. He smiled, it was wearing his favorite colors. Then he took another good look at it, as he read out loud 'Chorong' on it. He was confused. Soohyun was beginning to wake up. She turned to him and opened her eyes. "Mmmm... oppa? we're home already?" soohyun looked at him with droopy eyes

Suho chuckled at the sight of his little cousin, "Yes."

"Ahh.. kansahamnida oppa" soohyun smiled as she began to close her eyes and hugged tighter on the teddy bear.

"Umm.. soohyun?"

"mmm?" soohyun responded with her eyes still closed

"Where did you get the bear?"

"Chorong unnie let me play with it"

"Oh I see." he nodded while looking down, now it made sense. He got up to leave the room.

"but you know oppa?" soohyun added. Suho quickly looked at her surprised she was still talking. He thought she'd be fully asleep. "this was a gift for her best friend."

"hmmm?" suho looked at her eagerly

"she said she couldn't give it because he moved away. She's been waiting to see him again so she could give it to him. Isn't that sweet oppa?" soohyhun said while she still had her eyes closed while lying in bed.

Suho was processing what she said in his head as he sat himself down next on the bed. He sighed and smiled at Soohyun while she fell asleep with the bear in her arms. "Ah. Soohyun-ah... good night" he kissed her forehead and quietly left the room.

He headed downstairs and saw Chorong sitting on the couch waiting. Mrs. Lee was in the kitchen.

"Do you have a ride home?" he asked her

Chorong looked up at him, "Huh. Oh yes. I do. I'm just waiting for manager oppa. He said he's caught in traffic."

"Suho-ssi. You're staying here for the night. So why don't you give Chorong a ride home? It's getting late and I know you guys still have busy schedules and all. If you could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter