Ch. 1

A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie! We're up next!!" Eunji yelled out to Chorong as she gave herself one last look in the mirror. Chorong was busy helping Namjoo adjust her dress as she looked up at the time. They had 2 minutes until it was their turn. All the girls hurried themselves out of the dressing room as the staff rushed them. Chorong was walking faster as she accidentally bumped into one of the staff members. Her charm bracelet somehow got caught and one of the charms fell off. She bent over to search for it quickly but Bomi told her they had to go, so she continued on without being able to find the charm. After their performance Chorong went back to the spot in the hallway where she had lost the charm and continued to search for it. After 10 minutes of searching she had given up because they still had to go back out on stage for the announcements of the winner for this week's Ingkigayo performances.

"Now this weeks performances we have had many great competitors!" the host continued "But only one defintiely was able to stand out, so let's wait to see the results!" The two lead competing groups were in the front staring attentively at the tallying screen. Music flaring and BOOM! confetti everywhere! "Wow!! Exo's Wolf wins for the 3rd time in a row here in Ingkigayo! Congratulations!"

Chorong wasn't able to see the faces of the guys talking, she only knew little about the members of Exo from what she hears from other people around her. She has been so busy with her schedule that she hasn't had time to pay attention to any other kpop groups other than her own.

"I want to thank all of our sunbaenims and our great CEO Mr. Lee Soo Man for believing in all of us and what we can do. Thankyou everyone for supporting us!!"

"Yes. Thankyou for that wonderful message Suho-ssi!" the host replied as he took over the microphone.

Exo began to bow to all the other groups standing behind them and thanking them. A Pink were all the way in the back and was not able to see anyone over the huge crowds of kpop artists. They quickly bowed and walked towards the exit of the stage. They didn't bother trying to exchange any glances with Exo because they had already begun singing their encore of Wolf.

As they headed towards the dressing room, Chorong frowned as she quietly approached the dressing room.

"Unnie? Why do you look so upset?" Hayoung, the maknae, asked the leader as she noticed Chorong's attitude.

"I wasn't able to find the charm that I lost on my bracelet as we were going out to perform." Chorong pouted. "worst of all is that it was one of the most important ones to me."

Hayoung noticed that Chorong was seriously upset "Unnie, how about after we finished getting dressed we can head out to the hallway and I'll help you look for it!"

Chorong still sulking as she went to sit on the couch, looked at the maknae and smiled. "You are the best Hayoungie!!" After she hugged the maknae she looked back at the bracelet on her wrist. She began thinking about the story behind the charm she had just lost.

=FLASHBACK=

"Chorong!! Park Chorong!!!" a young boy was knocking at her door.

"Hello Kim Joon Myun!!," Chorong's mother opens the door for him to come in, "Chorong is still in her room, but she'll be out soon. Why do you look like you're in such a hurry?"

"I just have to tell her something REALLY important Mrs. Park! Is it okay if I go to her room?" Chorong's mom nodded in approval while smiling at the young boy.

"Chorong! Chorong!!" Joon Myun yelled as he ran into her room.

"What now?!" Chorong yelled back as she was putting away her books onto the shelves. "Don't you ever know how to knock?!"  She looked at him in annoyance. He completely ignored how bugged she was and just continued speaking in a rushed tone.

"I-I have some really big news!! I couldn't wait!" he replied

"Well!!..." Chorong waved her hand in the air as she waited for the news

"I'm moving away!"

"Wha-what do you  mean you're moving?" she asked worriedly

"My dad got a job overseas and we're going to be living there for a while. We'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon"

"Are you going to be coming back soon? I mean your birthday's just a few days away!" she said with tears almost filling her eyes.

"My parents have no plans of coming back." he said in a hushed tone. He could see tears in her eyes and he too was beginning to feel his eyes getting watery. The thought of not being able to see his best friend anymore was hurting him. "I have to go back home and continue packing. I just wanted to come and tell you myself as soon as I found out." the room remained silent and he walked away back home with nothing else to say.

The next day in the afternoon, his parents were packing everything into the van getting ready to head to the airport. He saw Chorong sitting on her steps as she watched them pack up. He went to sit beside her and handed her a small box.

"I- um wanted to give you something before I left."

She looked at him confused and opened the small box and saw a charm bracelet with one charm on it. She gently took it out and saw that it was a little heart shaped charm. She smiled and looked at her best friend with tears beginning to well up in her eyes.

"Thankyou so much" she said as she gave him a hug that took him by surprise.

"Yah! you're being all girly and mushy again!"

She ignored his comment and scoffed. "Well you're the one that gave me this bracelet! but why a heart?!"

"I wanted us to make a promise." he said while looking at her "that if we ever were to meet again and neither one of us had another person to call our own boyfriend/girlfriend or whatever. That you and I would be the ones there for each other. We would be the ones to take that place for each other."

She looked at him with shock because she couldn't believe he thought of such things when they were only middle schoolers, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter