Chapter One: Confused Beginnings

Have we met before?

“Are you sure about this, Kibum?”

“…”

“Kibum if you don’t want to do this we could postp-“

“Yes Doctor. I’m certain of my decision.” He interrupted.

“Alright. You might feel uncomfortable when the chemical is injected into you at first, but you’ll pass out soon so you won’t really feel much afterwards. The process would be finished in a few hours. Ready?”

Trying to relive the last memories, Kibum blinked away the bittersweet tears and nodded for approval.

For the both of us, Jonghyun. For the both of us.

 

 

Clad in a wine-colored pullover with a checkered collared t-shirt tucked underneath and ripped jeans without forgetting to pair it with his favourite pair of black leather oxford shoes, Kibum strolled through the streets of England with a smile on his face.

“The usual I presume, Key? It’s already been done a few minutes right before you came in.”

Kibum picked up his luke warm drink and took a whiff of the goodness of the rich aroma of the coffee.

“Say Key, Why not both of us go have lunch together later on? My treat!”  The barista suggested.  

“Uh-uh. Graduation stuff. You know how universities make a big deal out of these ceremonies. But don’t worry; we’ll have a meal together before I return back.” Kibum replied while sipping his coffee.

Returning back...

 

 

“HyungHyungHyungHyungHyung KEY HYUNGGGG!” The impatient boy whined. Even though the word ‘boy’ isn’t usually used to describe a 20 year old male. Nevertheless, he WAS whining.

“What’s up Tae?” He mummured, eyes unmoving from his ipad.

Unsatisfied with Kibum’s reaction(even though he was used to it already), Taemin sprung up from his seat on the sofa and  shook Kibum’s shoulders to get his attention. 

“Okay Okay  yes Taemin I’m listening.”

“No you’re not your eyes are still on the screen.”

“But I’m still listening.”

“That doesn’t count, Hyung”

Giving in to Taemin’s request for his attention, he drew his eyes away from the screen and focused on Taemin.  Kibum motioned him to carry on.

“You know about Minho right? My best friend I’ve talked to you about?”

“Yeah, your best friend.” Kibum started wriggling his eyebrows to mean otherwise.

“HYUNG!  Anyways, he’s coming to the graduation ceremony! Alllllll the way from Korea!” Taemin stretched his arms wide, as if to highlight the distance of the two countries.

“Oh and he’s coming with Jonghyun hyung! I haven’t seen him in a while too!”  He continued.

“Who’s Jonghyun hyung? I mean, I’ve never heard you mention that name before.” Kibum asked out of curiosity.

“Jonghyun hyung? He’s Minho’s buddy all the way back from middle school. Heard he was depressed over the death of his partner for months but since he’s coming as well, I presume he’s doing better now!”

“Must have hurt a lot. It’s a little tragic though.” Kibum bit his lower lip.

Taemin sighed but claps his hands together.  Shocked at the sudden change of atmosphere, Kibum shot him a curious glance.  “Never mind the past, Because we’re graduating in a few hours’ time!”

 

 

Fiddling the photo for the umpteenth time, Jonghyun’s fingers caressed Kibum’s delicate features before placing the photo carefully back into his wallet.  His trances of thoughts were interrupted by an air stewardess asking if he wanted something to eat.  Refusing politely, Jonghyun allowed his mind to drift off to think about Kibum, the boy he missed; loved and passed away due to a tragic accident.

Or so he thought.

 

 

Authors Note: A little short because it's only the introduciton, I'm sorry:( Haven't really tried this genre before so yeah! Much much love to everyone and leave a comment please~ I'll update the next chapter soon~ Thank you so much<3