Chapter 5

Story Of My Unspoken Heart

Author P.O.V

As Su Hwa made her way to class, her eyes fell upon Hyun Woo, who was lost in his thoughts. His gaze was directed towards the floor and his brows were furrowed; which was a rather rare sight to Su Hwa. Stopping in her tracks, she continued to observe him. He was heading right towards her but he was completely unaware of it. That was, until he snapped back into reality only to find himself directly in front of her. His eyes rounded in surprise while Su Hwa simply scrutinized him.

“Oh, Noona! I’m so sorry; I didn’t see you,” He apologized but Su Hwa only cocked her head in response.

“Why...are you looking at me like that?” He asked, blinking.

It took her a while to reply him but when she did, she asked, “Is something bothering you, Hyun Woo?”

“Uh yeah, why?” He replied, flustered.

“I don’t know. It’s just that your behaviour is a little off today,” she replied, still scrutinizing him.

“Do you have a problem?” She asked, concerned.

“Nope,” he replied as he faked a smile.

He’s lying. I can recognise that smile anywhere. It’s the one I often have on in front of Minho.

“Are you sure?” she asked, still unwilling to let the topic go so easily.

“Yep!” he chirped but Su Hwa could see right through him. But she didn’t want to pester him.

Who am I to invade his privacy anyway?

“Alright then, I ‘ll see you around,” she said, smiling. Just as she was about to go on to her class, she remembered something.

“Hey Hyun Woo,” she called his name, earning a questioning look from him.

“What were you and Hyun Woo talking about just now?” she asked, casually.

Upon hearing those words, Hyun Woo froze as his eyes slowly grew bigger. His heart dropped and his throat went dry. Suddenly, it was as though he didn’t know how to talk anymore.

“Hyun Woo?” Su Hwa called out softly, noticing his change of expressions.

Slowly regaining his composure, Hyun Woo struggled to string a sentence.

“Nothing much, really.” He said, only to have his voice come out as a squeak. Clearing his throat, he repeated the sentence again. Su Hwa blinked.

He's hiding something.

But before she could probe him any further, he was saved by the bell and he tried his best not to show his relief.

“I have to go now, Noona. Bye!” He bid her goodbye and before she could reply, he was already gone.

I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. You’ll find out when he tells you. Let's just hope it won't be too late.

--------------------

“Why are you so quiet?” Su Hwa’s voice snapped Minho out of his thoughts as he turned to look at her.

“What do you mean?”  He asked, still in a slight daze.

“You’ve been very quiet ever since the end of recess.” she replied, observing him closely.

Something’s wrong.

“Did something happen during practice?”

“No.” He said hurriedly; his alarmed tone catching her off guard and causing her to flinch. Clearing his throat, he said in a calmer tone, “I mean no”

“Oh.” She faltered as her gaze dropped to the floor.

He’s lying again.

Just like that, the atmosphere grew uncomfortably still as they walked side by side. They were both in their own separate clusters of thoughts but they were still aware of the other’s presence.

Su Hwa felt a little hurt. Minho had never kept anything from her before. He told her everything and so did she. But today, she had noticed a change in him. He had been really quiet and secretive. And he’d always jump at the slightest question he got from her. And that was when she realised.

It all started after his talk with Hyun woo.

“Su Hwa, can I ask you something?” Minho’s voice snapped her out of her thoughts as she nodded, signalling him to go on.

“Will you always stick by me, no matter what?” Su Hwa stopped in her tracks upon hearing those words and turned to look at him with a confused expression.

“What kind of a question is that? Of course, I’ll stick by you no matter what.” She answered; surprised at the fact that he’d even ask such a question.

“Minho, what’s this about?” she asked, warily and waited for an answer. Instead of answering her, Minho simply gazed at her with a smile. But it wasn’t a proper smile; it was a sad one. And Su Hwa knew it.

“Why aren’t you answering me?” she asked, and with each second of silence that passed, she grew more scared and nervous.

What are you not telling me, Minho?

“Can you promise me then?” He spoke after a while.

“Huh?”

“Can you promise to stick by me no matter what?” he asked with that same smile on his smile.

“Minho, what’s wrong? Why are you suddenly-”

“Just answer my question. Please,” he pleaded with his eyes and that was enough for her to know that something was definitely wrong and that Minho wasn’t planning on telling her just what exactly was wrong.

“Of course, I promise,” she said, hoping that maybe Minho would drop a hint.

But he didn’t.

Instead, he simply slung his arm around her shoulder and led her to her home.

Thank you. Thank you for promising.

----------------------

Flashback

“So what’s up?” Minho asked, turning to Hyun Woo.

“Hyung...are you really taking part in the upcoming high jump competition?” Hyun Woo asked, feeling uneasy.

“Yes, I am. Why?” Minho asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Are you sure you want to take part?” Hyun Woo asked as the tension between the two gradually increased.

“Yes Hyun Woo. I am. So what’s up with you?” Minho asked. He was slowly growing impatient.

“Coach told me everything.” Hyun Woo blurted out as Minho’s eyes widened.

“What?” He exclaimed softly.

“Hyung, you can’t take part in this competition. Heck, you shouldn’t even be in Track and Field anymore. Not with-”

“Are you saying I should quit the Track and Field team?” Minho asked sharply.

“Hyung...it’s for the best”

“I’m not quitting, Hyun Woo. I won’t quit. No matter what, I will not quit.” Minho snapped.

“But Hyung-”

“I can withstand it.” Minho said, cutting Hyun Woo off.

“But-”

“Say whatever you want to say. I still won’t quit. And I’m joining the competition.” Minho stated and walked past Hyun Woo, only to be stopped by him.

Turning to meet his eyes, Minho glared at him.

“Does Noona know?” he asked.

Hyun Woo never got an answer.

End Flashback

 


 

And I'm back with another chapter :D Finally, the moment you all have been waiting for; Hyun Woo's conversation with Minho xD But it still doesn't say what exactly is wrong with Minho now, does it? ;)

Heheheheh

Till the next update ;)

-Octy08