Chapter 1

Story Of My Unspoken Heart

Author P.O.V

“Is that a lollipop?” Minho asked as he watched her unwrap it. They were both making their way to school, as usual. They always walked to school together and it wasn’t a weird sight for anyone because everyone knew they were best friends. Of course, at first, everyone thought they were a couple since they were always next to each other wherever they went but each time they asked about the relationship the both of them had, Minho would always be the first to answer.

“Nah, we’re just best friends.” Those words pained her each time but she could only afford to nod and smile along with him. She longed for the day where he would no longer say those words. She longed for the day where they’d be more than best friends. But she knew that would never happen. Because her unspoken heart was afraid of confessing and his obliviousness never got the hints.

Su Hwa nodded as she continued to unwrap the lollipop, without glancing at him.

“Are you planning on sharing it with me?” He asked. Turning to glance at him for a second, Su Hwa went back to unwrapping the lollipop.

“Nope” She said as a playful smile made its way upon her face. Minho noticed it and smirked as he waited for her to finish unwrapping it.

Once she was done and was in the midst of putting it into , Minho snatched it away from her grip.

“Well, too bad,” he said as he put it in his mouth with a victorious smile on his face. Realising the situation, Su Hwa gaped at him.

“Choi Minho!” She exclaimed.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Do you want it back?” He said, removing the lollipop from his mouth and holding it out to her as she stared at it, disgusted.

“Ugh. I hate you.” She muttered as she shoved his hand away and slightly quickened her pace. Minho chuckled upon her reaction and quickened his pace so that he was once again by her side.

“No you don’t,” He said as he slung his arm around her shoulders casually. “If you did, we wouldn’t have been best friends.”

Best friends. She hated hearing that phrase coming out of his mouth. Each time he said it, her heart’s fear of confessing only grew even more. As she casted a look upon the arm around her shoulder, she inwardly heaved a sigh. Because she knew that that gesture of his meant no more than a best friend should.

As they continued their journey to school, Minho was completely oblivious to the sudden silence coming from Su Hwa. Once again, he didn’t know how much pain he had caused her. He didn’t know how many times she had casted yearning glances at him. He didn’t know how many times she had attempted to tell him the truth but failed.

If only you knew. If only I’d have the guts to tell you. If only you weren’t so oblivious.

“Hey, remember when I once gave you a lollipop for your birthday?” He questioned, snapping her out of her daze. She looked at him and scoffed at his words.

 

Flashback

“Minho, you still owe me a birthday present” Su Hwa said shamelessly, standing on the porch.

“Oh right, give me a while.” He said, digging through his pockets. Curious, she leaned forward to try catch a glimpse of her present but failed. Within seconds, he pulled out something from his pocket and hid it behind his back.

“Okay, are you ready?” he said, smirking. She nodded in response, beaming. Slowly, Minho held out his hand. Curiosity engulfed her as she tried to see what he was holding. Uncurling his fingers one by one, she could finally make out its contents. It was a lollipop.

Her gaze shifted from the lollipop to him and back to the lollipop. “Isn’t that the lollipop you bought just now?” she asked, raising her eyebrow.

“Yup! Happy Birthday!” He said with a sheepish grin on his face as he plopped the lollipop into her hand.

Crossing her arms, she glared at him.

“What?” he said with a smile on his face. “You don’t like the present?” he attempted a pout.

Seeing that, her lips began to tremble as she held back her laughter. But eventually, she couldn’t take it anymore and burst out laughing.

“Oh god, don’t do that anymore. Pouts don’t fit you” She said, still laughing.

“Yes they do” He crossed his arms and pouted like an angry child, causing her to laugh harder.

“Yah, stop that!” She said, giving him a light punch on his shoulder. Dropping his act, he laughed along with her.

“Okay okay, I appreciate your present even though it’s just a lollipop. It’s the thought that counts anyway” Su Hwa said as her laughter began to falter.

“Yay!” He smiled brightly, making her chuckle.

“Thanks for sending me home today, by the way. Goodnight.” She said, smiling. He gazed at her with a smile on his face.

 “Goodnight. Sleep well”. He said before turning around and heading home. Once his figure was no longer in sight, Su Hwa headed into her house, closing the door behind her. Taking another look at the lollipop, she smiled to herself and shook her head.

“A lollipop. Tsk.” She said softly.

End Flashback

 

 “How could I forget? It was the worst present I’ve ever received from you.” She replied teasingly, rolling her eyes.

“Yah! What ever happened to ‘It’s the thought that counts’?” He asked. “Besides, it was your favourite flavour; strawberry.” He added, defensively.

“Sure, it was my favourite flavour but who gives a lollipop as a birthday present?” She asked.

“Me!” He claimed, pointing to himself with his free hand.

“Well, you ,” She replied, sticking out her tongue.

“Hey!” He called out, causing her to chuckle.

“I’m just kidding...” She paused and quietly added, “Not really”

“I heard that” He said and harrumphed as she stifled a laugh.

“Some best friend you are” He muttered, rolling his eyes.

Su Hwa fell silent upon hearing that phrase yet again.

When will you ever see me as more? 

--------------------

HEY GUYS :) So this is the first chapter of 'Story Of My Unspoken Heart' and as I promised, it's quite a long chapter :) So let me know what you think of this story so far by leaving comments below :D

Also, do subscribe and I'd really appreciate it if you upvoted :)

A very big thanks to 'dania-', 'Clover9', 'Boogers_teehee123', 'taeminie12' & 'AnimeKitty' for the upvotes! You guys really made my night! I love all of you <3 And thank you to all of those who have subscribed to this story of mine!

Till the next update!

Octy08-