Chapter 4

Story Of My Unspoken Heart

Author P.O.V

“Are you joining me for recess today?” Su Hwa asked Minho as they made their way out of the class.

“Actually...” His voice faltered as he turned towards her. “I have to practice for my upcoming high jump competition”

“Oh.” She blinked.

“I’m so sorry. I just want to make sure I have enough preparation before the day of the competition,” He said, biting his lip.

Su Hwa looked up and met his eyes with a smile on her face; a smile she had learned to fake for quite some time.

“Of course; I totally understand,” She replied.

“Are you sure?” He asked with a worried expression.

“Yep! I’m totally fine with it,” she said, even though she was everything but fine. But of course, Minho hadn’t noticed.

“I’ll join you for recess tomorrow okay? I promise you, I will,” He smiled and held up his pinky finger, shaking it in mid air.

“Okay,” She smiled. “Now go practice. Work hard okay?”

He nodded as he bid her goodbye.

“I’ll see you in class later,” He said to which Su Hwa nodded.  She watched as his figure got further and further away from her but just as he was about to turn the corner, she called out to him.

Turning back, Minho looked at her questioningly.

“Fighting!” She exclaimed with a pump fist, earning a large grin followed by a nod from him.

Once his figure was no longer in sight, her smile faltered and her arm was back on her side. Heaving a sigh, she thought to herself.

It’s been a while since we’ve eaten recess together. You’re always practicing.

That was when his words played in his mind.

“I’ll join you for recess tomorrow okay? I promise you, I will.”

Su Hwa scoffed bitterly as she made her way to the canteen.

You always say that, Minho. When are you actually going to keep to your words?

------------------

“Hi Unnie!,” looking up from her food, Su Hwa met eyes with two of her juniors, Yura and Minah.

“Oh, hey guys,” She said, smiling. This time, it was a real smile because those two girls were quite close to her and she really enjoyed hanging out with them but of course; not as much as she enjoyed hanging out with Minho.

“Can we sit with you?” They asked.

“Sure,” she replied, earning a grin from the both of them as they both placed their trays on the table and sat down opposite her. That was when they both noticed something that was out of place.

Someone was missing. And they knew just who it was.

“Unnie, where’s Minho sunbae?” Yura asked as she scanned the canteen for any signs of him only to see none.

“He had to practice for his upcoming competition,” Su Hwa answered, her heart aching at the slightest mention of his name.

“Oh.” They both faltered.

“But he’s been doing that for the past two weeks. Shouldn’t he take a break?” Minah asked, concerned.

“Your sunbae’s like that. Whenever he has an upcoming competition, he always makes sure to practice way beforehand.” Su Hwa smiled. Minho was always a hardworking person and that was one of the reasons why she loved him.

“But still...” Their voices drifted off as they exchanged glances with each other.

Does she know? They both thought.

“Don’t worry about him. He’ll be fine,” Su Hwa said, cutting off their thoughts.

-----------------

Meanwhile, Minho was at the gym, practicing for the upcoming high jump competition. But he was already feeling exhausted. He was slowly losing his strength and his breathing was uneven. But no matter how tired he was, how matter how bad he wanted to stop, he didn’t. He continued to practice.

And with every high jump he did, he grew weaker. With every leap he took, his eyes only became more blurry. Until eventually, he felt a sharp pain and collapsed onto the mat, clutching his head. But even with the pain being unbearable to him, he tried his best not to make the slightest sound. He didn’t want to attract anyone’s attention.

But he did.

Hyun Woo had been watching him throughout the time he was practicing and with every leap he took, the lump in Hyun Woo’s throat grew bigger. He knew Minho was tired. He knew Minho wanted to stop. But he knew that even if he stepped in, Minho would still continue to practice.

Then when Minho collapsed to the ground, clutching his head, Hyun Woo wasn’t willing to stand by the sidelines and watch him being in pain anymore.

“Hyung!” He called out as he ran to Minho’s side and crouched next to him with nothing but concern on his face. Minho knew who the voice belonged to but when he looked up, all he saw was the blinding light.

Even though that had happened on a regular basis, the pain was still unbearable. But he knew it would pass.

It would always pass.

Minho held on and withstood the pain and Hyun Woo watched. He watched Minho crumbling in pain right before his eyes and he felt horrible because there was nothing he could do to help; only Minho could end it all.

Eventually, the pain subsided and his vision slowly returned. It always would and he knew it. The pain was just something he had to bear with each time.

“Hyung, I told you; you need to rest.” Hyun Woo repeated for the umpteenth time but Minho would have none of it.

“I’ll be fine.” Minho insisted as he slowly helped himself up.

“I don’t think you should take part in this competition. You’re not fit for it.” Hyun Woo said as he, too, got up. Minho’s head snapped up upon hearing those words.

“I told you I’ll be fine,” He snapped, shooting Hyun Woo a glare.

“Now if you don’t mind, I want to practice some more,” He said coldly.

Hyun Woo sighed. Each time he tried to talk to Minho, he’d always snap at Hyun Woo.

“Alright, I’ll leave,” he said, getting the message. And with that, he slowly walked out of the gym but just as he was about to head out the door, he turned back to look at Minho.

“But hyung; listen to me just this once.” He said, hoping to get Minho’s attention. Turning to Hyun Woo, Minho raised an eyebrow.

“Su Hwa Noona has the right to know,” And with that, Hyun Woo left the gym. Minho’s shoulders dropped upon hearing those words as he casted a guilty look towards the ground.

I know she does. But I can’t tell her. I just can’t. 

 


 

Hey guys! I'm back with Chapter 4 of 'SOMUH' ^^ 

Uh-oh...what's wrong with Minho? Any guesses? xD

So...leave comments! And of course, subscribe and upvote! ^^

Omg. 42 subscribers already?! 

KYAAAA THANK YOU GUYS! <333

And for those who are still dying to know what Hyun Woo had said to Minho, let me just say this.

Soon, guys, soon ;)

Till the next update~

-Octy08