CHAPTER 5

Rainy (Undecided)

CHAPTER 5

 

KAI’S POV

Kai was stoned on the ground.

 

*I was too late without even knowing.* He thought as he stared at the ring. He slowly stood up. He was having mixed feelings, hurt, betrayed and lost. He thought he had a chance but that chance had long been taken by the guy that Hyeji going to marry without him even knowing. He ran out of the restaurant, forgetting Chanyeol was in there.

 

 

 

____________________

 

SOOJIN’s POV

It was raining and Soojin was at the mini park in their subdivision with her umbrella shielding her from the rain. It was already dark but she doesn't have a plan on going home. She was watching her neighbor cry from the distance. It's been hours since she followed her neighbor ran out of the restaurant.

 

She felt sorry for him. She knew he confessed and she can conclude that it didn't go well from the moment the girl exited the restaurant.

 

*I can't do this anymore.* She thought as she walked towards him. Hours under the rain and crying is too much. She reached his place and because she doesn't know what to say, she just made sure that her neighbor was shielded by her umbrella.

 

 

____________________

 

 

 

KAI’S POV

Kai was soaking wet but he doesn't want to go home yet. He could only wish that the rain would wash away the pain that his feeling right now.

 

*The rain stopped* he thought when he didn't feel the rain pouring on him but he wondered why he still hear it pouring. Then he notice a pair of shoes inches away from him and when he looked up he saw a girl holding an umbrella that covers both of them. He was about to ask her who she was but he noticed something again. The girl was crying.

 

 

"Why are you crying?" Kai asked instead. It startles him when he sees a girl cry.

 

"Because of you" She answered as she messily wiped her tears. Kai got puzzled with her answer. He doesn't know this girl in front of him that made him the reason of her crying.

 

 

"You're hurt and you stayed under the rain for hours." The girl started mumbling then he didn't expect what she does next, she let go of her umbrella and hugged him.

 

"Miane..." She whispered.

 

Kai was taken aback but he didn’t push the girl away, instead he leaned his head on her shoulder. He felt comforted and he surely needs that right now.

 

 

____________________

 

 

SOOJIN’S POV

Minutes passed that Soojin and her neighbor stayed in that position, she, hugging him.

 

"Hey..." Soojin started and tried to lean apart. Her neighbor didn't answer and that’s when she realized that he fell asleep.

 

"Aigoo..." She carefully adjusted their position and took her phone out.

 

"Hello Mr. Park, could you come to the park and please bring your car, I need a little help." Soojin asked. He was the person that her father trusted to accompany her wherever she goes. He lives in the same subdivision too. She can't ask her father for help since her parents went to a short vacation that she insisted. She also doesn't know anyone except for Mr. Park that she could ask for help.

 

 

"Why are you still in the park? It's already dark and are you okay? Are you injured?" Mr. Park bombarded her with questions.

 

"I'm fine. I just need a little help." Soojin assured.

 

 

"I'll be there in a minute." Mr. Park said and ended the call.

 

 

Not long enough, Mr. Park arrived at the park.

 

"Soojin, are you okay and… who's he?" Mr. Park asked when he found them soaking wet.

 

 

"He's my neighbor. He lives across our house and I need a little help carrying him to his house." Soojin said but didn't explain further. Although puzzled Mr. Park didn't ask question. He slung Kai's arm around his neck and carried him to his car. He laid Kai on the backseat while Soojin followed, letting Kai’s head rest on her legs. Mr. Park entered his car and started driving.

 

*He's catching a fever.* She thought as she felt Kai's forehead.

 

 

"We're here." Mr. Park said as he parked his car in front of Kai's house. He motioned not to get off the car since it was still raining and he will ring the bell.

 

Mr. Park pressed the doorbell many times but no one was opening the door for him.

 

"Soojin, I think there is no one in the house." Mr. Park informed.

*I can't leave him outside, not now that his having a fever.* Soojin thought. "Mr. Park, could you carry him to the guest room. He's catching a fever."

 

 

Mr. Park nodded and once again he carried Kai from his car to the guest room. Soojin quickly went to her parents’ room and searched for her father's pajamas. Her father was a bit big but that was better than to leave her neighbor dry in his wet clothes. She went to the guest room and requested Mr. Park to change Kai's clothes while she waited outside the room till Mr. Park finished what she requested.

 

"I already change his clothes." Mr. Park informed as he got out of the room.

 

 

"Thank you, Mr. Park for your help. I can manage from here." Soojin bowed and said.

 

"Are you sure? He's still a guy." Mr. Park asked.

Soojin nodded, "Deh... and I think he's not that kind of guy."

 

"If you say so, I'll be going then and change your clothes too." Mr. Park fatherly said as Soojin accompanied him outside.

 

"I will. Thank you for your help Mr. Park." Soojin bowed once again. She locked the door after Mr. Park left. She went to her room first and changed her clothes then she went to the kitchen to get a basin with water and small unused towel.

 

Soojin knocked on the guest room door and as expected she didn't hear any respond. She slowly opened the door and saw her neighbor sleeping. She went closer to him and checked his fever.

 

*He's still hot.* She thought and started wiping his forehead with the wet towel like her mother did when she catches a fever. She repeated that process till his fever dropped down.