CHAPTER 3

Rainy (Undecided)

CHAPTER 3

 

SOOJIN’S POV

"Soojin, are you going out?" Mrs. Eun asked when she saw her daughter descending from upstairs with a bag resting on her shoulder.

 

"Deh umma, I'm going." Soojin bid and kissed her mother's cheek. She felt the excitement of having to go out by herself.

 

"Did you bring your phone, snacks?" Mrs. Eun asked.

 

"Yup... I'm going now." Soojin said.

 

 

"Okay, take care." Mrs. Eun waved her hand as Soojin walked out of the house.

 

 

 

Soojin was smiling heartily as she walked to the subdivision's mini park. It is one of her to-do list to spend her time there since she knew that only few of the subdivision's residents go there.

She reached the park and looked for a good place to sit. She then found a bench with a tree beside it and a few bushes that makes it look cooler. She took her book and snack out of her bag and made comfortable of herself on the bench.

 

 

 

Soojin woke up with the sound of laughter. She didn't realize she fell asleep while reading. She rubbed her eyes, a habit she does when she wakes up. She heard another round of laughter. She looked at the direction where she thought she heard the laughter and she spotted a girl and a boy that she guessed was about her age. They were sitting at the nearby bench but she knew she wasn't that visible to them because of the bushes.

The girl was really pretty that Soojin thought she's a TV icon. She then looked at the boy... she knew him. He was her neighbor but she doesn't know his name. She often saw him left early in the morning and comes back late at night.

 

 

*Maybe she's her girlfriend.* She thought as she watched them. Instead of continuing her book, she watched them. It was like watching a live teledrama. They looked like a very sweet couple and the way her neighbor looked at the girl, it was full of affection.

 

 

 

____________________

 

KAI’S POV

Kai was at the mini park in their subdivision with Hyeji. It was practice-free day and it was automatic that he would spend his day with Hyeji, his friend. They were classmates back then and even though they separated school during high school, they stay connected with each other.

Hyeji was different from other girls that are why Kai grew to like her. During the time when they were still classmates Kai was one of the popular guys because of his suave dancing. Almost all of his girl classmates would squeal and scream when they saw him but it was different to Hyeji. She just sits in the corner and quietly waits for the teacher to come. She doesn't seem to be affected by his popularity. They became close when they partnered on a school project. Hyeji is a nice and kind girl and she focused on her studies that she doesn't involve herself on unnecessary things. From then Kai started to admire Hyeji and as time and years passed, he realized he was falling for her.

 

 

"You know that Chanyeol and Chen made me want to see them." Hyeji said and chuckled. Kai just told her the recent troll that Chanyeol and Chen did to Suho. She was laughing hard when Kai was telling her about it.

 

Kai furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head, "No, I won't introduce you to them. You would like them easily, then you wouldn't have time for me, then you'll be hanging with them instead of me, then..." Kai wasn't able to finish his childish drama when Hyeji lightly slapped his arm.

 

"Yah! What’s with the sudden drama, JongInnie?" Hyeji asked, still smiling.

 

 

"It wasn't a drama, it's the truth. You'll forget about me when I introduce you to them." Kai continued his childish drama.

 

"No one could replace you JongInnie. You're my friend till the end." Hyeji assured.

Kai smiled at first but then it slowly fades as Hyeji said the last part.

*Yeah, friends* he sarcastically thought and forced to put his smile back.

 

 

"Hyeji, want to eat your favorite?" he asked, changing the topic. Hyeji smiled and nodded.

Kai stood up and offered his hand to Hyeji which the latter accepted and they both walked out of the mini park.