Torn (M)

Hidden

Hi dearies! Here's my Valentine gift for all of you! 

Just a caution, this chapter was rated M for . 

Enjoy!

---

Joong Ki

The evening air was cool and crisp, a sign that autumn is about to end. Our day passed by with our usual routine. Min Hyuk and I tended the farm while Chae Won wove slippers with the village women. I also had to help her with the house chores as she tires easily these days, not that I am complaining though. I savour every moment that we are together, husband and wife, oh such beautiful words to say. 

I entered our small room after arranging the farming tools that will be used the following day. To my delight Chae Won was still awake, seating on her side of the bed and she was singing a lullaby to our unborn child. A smile formed on my lips, I would definitely never get tired of this view. She must have sensed my presence because she stopped singing, turned her gaze to me and offered a sweet smile.

“Is our little one moving around too much tonight?” I settled myself beside her and placed one hand on her swollen stomach. Chae Won nodded and rested her head on my shoulder.

“I guess the baby likes lullabies because the movements have lessened now.” She said while caressing her bulge. We remained silent for a while, basking in the presence of each other and our child. In a few months’ time our world will completely change because of our little one. I wonder what her gender is, what he or she will look like. I hope our child will take most from Chae Won.  Will he or she inherit Chae Won’s lovely eyes and lips, or perhaps her fierce and loving nature? Regardless if he or she will inherit Chae Won’s best characteristics or not, we will still give all our love and attention to our child.

“Joong Ki-ssi” she broke my reverie

“Hm?”

“We barely have three months before our child arrives but we have not chosen a name for him or her yet.”

“You are right, but I have some names in mind. For a girl it would be Sook Joo. For a boy it would be Myung Dae. What do you think?’

“I like it. Sook Joo, pure jewel, and Myung Dae, great righteousness. I cannot wait until we can call our child by his or her name”

“Likewise, my love.” I leaned to place a kiss on her bulge where our baby is, then on her forehead, and finally on her lips. Relishing the sweet taste of her lips, I deepened the kiss which she gladly reciprocated. Our intertwined hands rested on her bulge. Breaking the kiss I traced her jaw down to her neck eliciting a light moan from her. It has been awhile since we were physically intimate, and truth be told, I miss Chae Won. I miss my wife’s kisses, her caresses, and I miss the feeling of her.

I carefully pushed aside her sok ot, letting it fall from her shoulders and exposing her fair skin. She allowed me to explore her with my lips just like how we used to in the palace. . I whispered “I love you” with every kiss I made. This was answered with her kisses, pleasured sighs and moans. My hands caressed her in ways that are familiar to us, only that this time I had to be very careful not to cause her pain.

Under the moonlight I could clearly see her loving gaze. I still cannot believe that she loves me, and that she is mine. I would never tire of expressing how much I love her.

With our discarded clothing on the floor, I managed to keep her warm by enveloping her in my arms. Watching her peacefully sleep with a satisfied smile makes my heart swell with love.

“I love you very much Chae Won-ah” I whispered and kissed her cheek before I surrendered myself to sleep.

---

Chae Won

The sounds of birds chirping and children playing outside the house woke me from my sleep. I rose from the bed and realized that my husband has already left for work. A warm feeling remained in my heart as I remembered the memories of last night   ̶  how Joong Ki once again expressed his love for me in ways that we could only do.

 “It’s a good day to sew clothes for our baby” I thought to myself. I sat on the balcony and began my work. I was too indulged into sewing that I did not notice someone nearing me.

“Moon Chae Won-ssi?” a man’s voice said. I raised my head to see who it was, and to my horror, the man was wearing a soldier’s gear.

“Finally, we’ve found you, Suk Yong Chae Won” he grinned, and suddenly two other soldiers held me on both arms and started dragging me out of the house.

“Please don’t hurt me! Can’t you see I’m pregnant? Joong Ki-ssi! Help me!” I shouted as I tried to escape from their grasp. By this time they have already dragged me to the center of the village and everyone were shocked at the commotion.

“Let go of her! Let go of my wife!” I heard Joong Ki’s angry voice. I searched for him and when I finally saw him, he was also captured by the soldiers. They had him tied up with a rope to disable him from fighting back. No one dared to raise an arm against the soldiers and they just kept staring at us with pity in their eyes. I felt so helpless. They also tied up my hand and placed me in a carriage. I could not help but think that this might be the end for us.

The next thing I knew, we arrived in the palace and I was dragged out of the carriage. They had me kneel on a cold stone and that was when I realized that we were at the throne hall.

“Chae Won-ah, are you alright? Are you not hurt?” Joong Ki was placed a few meters from me, he looked exhausted, and obviously they have hurt him. I do not have the courage to speak, instead I cried while staring at his beaten face.

“Welcome back, Suk Yong Chae Won. Or should I say, the traitor mistress Chae Won?” Jungjeon Si Yeon sarcastically greeted us. She went near me and lifted my chin to face her.

“So I heard that you eloped with your gungnyeo. Apparently, he was only disguising himself to hide that thing that made you pregnant. You are a disgrace!”

“Si Yeon-ssi, stop it!” a voice called out. Jungjeon Si Yeon threw a deadly gaze before leaving me. My view was cleared and finally I could see Jusang Sang Wook. His face composed but I could clearly feel his fury.

“You disappointed me Chae Won. After all that I have done for you, this is how you will repay me. Did I not give me enough possessions? Did I not give you my attention? Was I not enough for you?” Despite his questions I kept silent.

“Answer me!” he commanded. I looked at Joong Ki before turning my gaze to the king. “I love him even before I was brought here in the palace. I never wanted to be here. I never wanted to be your mistress!” His face cringed with anger at my response.

“And who is the father of your child? We had one night together and I would like to believe that it is mine.” He firmly said. I was about to answer when Joong Ki spoke.

“The child is yours. It’s yours Jusang Sang Wook. So please spare Chae Won from your wrath.” Joong Ki pleaded. I turned to him in shock, but then I realized what he was trying to do. He was protecting me and our child from the king. I roamed my eyes until I saw Hyo Joo amongst the gungnyeos. She was definitely scared that her name will be brought up. But to her luck Joong Ki did not reveal what happened that night.

“But we cannot be sure of that your highness” Jungjeon Si Yeon intervened.

“Please be silent Si Yeon, I do not want to hear anything from you now. Soldiers, bring in the horse!”

I was puzzled at the king’s order until I saw Muban Kwang Soo riding the horse and stopped behind Joong Ki.

“For your deceit and betrayal, you, Jeul Ki, rather Joong Ki, are sentenced to death! You may take him away from my sight. Make sure that he will die before the sun sets!”

My world started to blur as Joong Ki was being lifted from the ground. They tied him up along with the horse that dragged him out of the throne hall. I could only hear my heart throbbing and my raged cries.

“Joong Ki! Joong Ki!” I called his name over and over until his figure was nowhere in sight. If he will die, I could might as well die with him. Jin Kyung immediately went to my side to pacify me but it was no use. I cried my heart out and suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I shouted in agony and the next thing I knew there was blood on the ground and on my sok ot. Oh God, please do not let my baby be taken away from me!

***

Mini Glossary:

Sok-ot  (속옷) - undergarments

Usang jeonha (주상 전하). The term is used to address the current king. Jusang (주상) is the title used for the current king or sovereign, with the style ‘His Majesty’ or jeonha (전하).

Concubine - hugung (후궁, 後), 

Gungnyeo - maid

Jungjeon - (중전, 中殿), which literally means Center Palace‘. Title given to the queen of the current king.

(credits to The Talking Cupboard)

****

Please don't hate me for doing this! I guarantee that things will be sort out in the next chapter, which actually will be my last for this story. (Okay, I'll hide before you kill me! :D)

Please do leave your thoughts on the comment box! Thanks! Love y'all!