RicSyung : Getaway

Friends, Crush, and Anything Nice

One day in an office, four people gather to discuss on a very important yet delicate matter. The mood is tensed; Andy is crying at the sofa, holding on to a piece of paper that seems to be a note. Junjin is trying to console Andy but he himself cries. Dongwan is sitting at the table, looking back and forth from the maknaes to the second person-in-charge, who is currently looking out the window.

"Minwoo, are you sure about this?" Dongwan suddenly asks, breaking the silence.

"I'm positive." Minwoo coldly answers.

 

A few hundred miles away from the office, they are two people in disguise, waiting for a train.

"Eric, are you sure I've dressed enough?" One person asks while checking himself out in a mirror.

"Yes. I don't even recognize you. Now come on, or we'll be late." The one named Eric quickly grabs the other one's hand to pull him out of the toilet. When they are finally at the platform, Eric sees his partner is looking restless, as he keeps on rubbing his hands together, while his head is lowered down. "Hyesung, no one will recognize us here. Don't worry."

"I'm scared." Hyesung grabs Eric's arm and holds it tightly. Eric is flashing a smile underneath his mask.

"I'm right here beside you." Eric pinches Hyesung's cheek, hoping he would calm down and relax. Soon the train arrives, and they hurriedly aboard. Being in a crowded place is not their favorite, so they keep their distance from each other. An hour later, they arrive at their destination.

"This is the place?" Hyesung asks Eric, and the latter nods. "Do you have the address?"

"I do, right here." Eric shows his little note book to Hyesung. Then they both walk out of the train station.

"We need to buy food." Hyesung says when he sees a convenience store.

"Not here." Eric pulls Hyesung away from the store. As they are walking out to the main road, Eric notices something. He looks around a few times.

"What?" Hyesung asks; his grip on Eric's hand tightens. "They're here?"

"I think so." Eric turns to Hyesung and checks his attire. Hyesung starts to feel nervous when Eric is looking straight into his eyes, even though both are wearing sunglasses.

"Eric." Hyesung whispers while Eric is checking Hyesung's disguise from top to bottom.

"You see someone?" Hyesung calmly nods. Eric then holds Hyesung's hand. "On three, we'll run. Just follow me okay?" Hyesung squeezes Eric's hand, which means he is ready. "One. Two. Three." Both of them run through the main road as fast as they can, without even looking back. After what seems like forever, they stop when they see a small shop.

"I think we lost them." Hyesung speaks while panting hard.

"I think so too." Eric takes a deep breath and calms himself. "Babe, let's buy food." Hyesung blushes upon Eric's nickname for him, and Eric notices it. "I can call you that hundred times a day while we're here." Eric whispers at Hyesung, earning a punch on his shoulder. "Yaa!" Hyesung giggles. That's the only way to make Eric stop teasing him. After buying two-week worth of food, they continue their walk towards a nearby village.

"Are you sure we're on the right track? I don't see any signboard?" Hyesung asks while eating ice cream.

"Just keep walking." Eric replies. "But Hyesung..." Hyesung turns to Eric who is walking behind him. "Hurry eat your ice cream and help me with these stuff." Hyesung chuckles.

"Sorry." He quickly swallows his last bite of that cold dessert and walks over to Eric to grab a few plastic bags. After twenty minutes walking on the road, they stumble onto a small signboard.

"Babe, we're here." Eric speaks to Hyesung. Both are looking at a house in front of them. "What do you think?" Eric asks, while Hyesung is looking around the area.

"It's far from other houses." Hyesung sounds serious.

"You don't like it?" Eric feels guilty. But Hyesung suddenly giggles.

"I love it." Hyesung plants a peck on Eric's cheek, then runs into the yard; leaving the stunned Eric with the groceries.

"Hyesungie!" Eric shouts when he sees the plastic bags on the ground. But Hyesung is nowhere out of sight. Eric curses while picking up the bags and walks into the house. "Hyesung!" He calls his friend and puts the bags on the kitchen counter. Hearing no answer from the other, he quickly goes out to the backyard. And he is relieved to find Hyesung there.

"This is heaven." Hyesung says while standing in the yard with wide opened arms, breathing the cold evening breeze. Seeing this, Eric slowly walks closer and hugs his friend from behind.

"Heaven is wherever I'm with you." Hyesung chuckles upon Eric's sweet words. He then holds Eric's hands.

"Thank you Eric."

 

After a few days, Junjin starts getting restless. Andy still keeps on crying for missing his two brothers.

"Hyung, can we contact them in any way?" Junjin asks Minwoo.

"No. I forbid." Hearing his cold answer, Andy wails louder. "Andy, please."

"I miss them. So much. I want to talk to them. Please." The maknae pleads.

"Don't you miss them too hyung?" Junjin asks again. Minwoo sighs.

"I do. We all do. But my answer is still NO."

"Minwoo..." Dongwan calls while consoling the crying Andy.

"Please understand my situation." Feeling hopeless, Minwoo leaves the office. The longer he looks at the two maknaes, the more he feels like giving up. But being the person Eric trusts the most, he needs to be strong. And he hopes the other three would be strong too.

 

Eric is doing the laundry on Sunday morning while Hyesung goes out to buy some food. But after an hour passes and Hyesung still hasn't come home, Eric starts getting worried. Each without their handphones, it is difficult to communicate. Eric then grabs his jacket, cap, and mask before leaving the house to find his favorite friend. He walks through their usual path which leads to the town. As he reaches the field area, he sees some groceries scatter on the road. Two bottles of sesame oil catch his attention. He follows the traces of the mess, and ends up at a big drain near the field. Suspecting he would find Hyesung there, he calls.

"Sungie?" There is no answer, so he slowly steps into the drain. "Sungie, are you here?" Still no answer. He steps further, hoping to find his friend there. Suddenly he hears footsteps coming from the field, so he lowers his head to hide.

"Found you!" Hyesung shouts at the hiding Eric. The latter looks up, confused when he sees Hyesung smiling, and unharmed.

"Where were you? I thought something bad happened to you! I saw those groceries, I thought you got into trouble--"

"So you follow the mess and end up in the drain? To find me?" Eric nods. "So sweet." Hyesung laughs.

"What??" Eric asks and Hyesung reaches out his hand to help Eric get out from the drain.

"There was a dog coming after me. I dropped all those stuff while running away. When I looked back, it stopped to eat the meat I bought. So I just hid behind a tree until it left. Then I saw you--" Eric hugs him. "Eric..."

"I was so worried. Next time, don't go out alone. Understand??" Hyesung chuckles.

"Yes sir!!" Eric lets go and pinches Hyesung's cheeks.

"Good. Now let's go home." Eric pulls Hyesung's hand to leave.

"What about food?"

"Let's just eat ramyeon. We still got some kimchi left."

"But you cook."

"Anything for you." Eric smiles as Hyesung holds his arm tight. The two then head home to have brunch. And Hyesung doesn't forget to pick up the two bottles of sesame oil from the ground before leaving the place.

 

Junjin goes to the office to talk to Minwoo about their two friends who are missing. Seeing the shorter guy talking on the phone, Junjin slowly approaches him from behind.

"When are you coming home? It's been two weeks. They even go there?? Everything is good right? No, no. They're really worried. Andy always cries when I see him. Come back soon. You can't run forever, Eric. Tell Hyesung--" Minwoo stops talking when Junjin suddenly appears in front of him.

"Is that Eric hyung?" Junjin asks while staring directly into Minwoo's small eyes.

"I'm hanging up. Take care. Bye." Minwoo immediately disconnects the call before the younger guy could grab the phone from him.

"You lied to us??" Junjin grabs his collar instead. "You said we can't contact them in any way!!"

"We can't. It was him who called me. I don't even know their location." Minwoo takes a deep breath and holds Junjin's hands which are still grabbing his collar. "Jin, they're just fine." The taller guy eventually lets go and settles on the sofa.

"What exactly happened for them to run away?" Junjin asks. Minwoo sits next to him.

"I can't tell you that now. But one thing I can tell you is that they really need to be alone."

"Hyung, don't you trust me?" Minwoo sighs.

"It's not that. But I've promised Eric to keep this a secret until they come back." He pats Junjin's shoulder to calm him. "Please tell Andy the two are just fine at the moment. And they'll come home soon."

 

"Eric, are we there yet?" Hyesung asks, panting.

"Almost. Are you okay?" Eric tries to take Hyesung's bag, but the latter stops him. "Aren't you tired?" Hyesung frowns.

"What did I tell you about treating me like a freaking girl??" Eric gasps when Hyesung shouts while stomping his feet away from him.

"Okay, okay. Sorry." He runs to catch up with Hyesung. "I'm sorry okay?" Seeing him still pouting, Eric pecks his cheek.

"Yaa!!!" Eric grins and runs away. Hyesung starts running too, when suddenly Eric stops. "What?" He grabs Hyesung's hand and pulls him to hide behind a nearby bushes.

"They're here too." Hyesung turns to look at where Eric is looking. He gasps.

"What are we going to do now?"

"Let's just stay here until they leave." Hyesung nods; his hand tightly gripping the leader's hand. The two slowly walk further into the bushes to find a comfortable spot to hide.

"At least we can rest."

After a while, the road is finally clear. Eric grins seeing Hyesung who is peacefully sleeping while leaning against a tree. He leans closer and pecks Hyesung's cheek.

"Want to die?" Hyesung asks with his eyes still close. Eric then gives him another peck. "Yaa!!" Eric laughs looking at Hyesung's angry face.

"Now you're awake. Let's go." Both of them then start walking towards their new place.

Half an hour later, they arrive at their destination. Eric looks around before pulling Hyesung into the house.

"Whose house is it this time?" Hyesung asks while they're resting in the living room.

"My third uncle." Eric answers. "Why are you sitting so far away?"

"This is not far. Look, I can still touch you with my leg." Hyesung stretches his right leg to reach for Eric's left knee. And Eric grabs his foot instead. "Yaa!! Let me go!"

"Sit here or I'll tickle."

"No. Yaa-- Hahahahahaha!!" Eric is already tickling his foot. "Stop-- Hahahaha!! Eric!!!" Eric stops when he sees tears in Hyesung eyes, but he still hasn't let go of the foot.

"Come here." Hyesung tries to pull his leg but Eric grips tighter.

"Why? I think there's no difference between these two couches."

"This one is wider." Eric replies with a grin.

 

"Hyung!!" Andy shouts as he and Junjin barge into Minwoo's office.

"What is it?" Dongwan who is already in the office, asks.

"Have you seen the pictures?" Junjin asks, showing the tablet in Andy's hand.

"Eric hyung and Hyesung hyung!" Andy taps the screen to zoom in the pictures.

"Oh no." Minwoo rubs his temple after seeing only one picture, while Dongwan continues scrolling down to see all. They are pictures of their two friends at the airport a few weeks ago.

"What exactly is going on??" Andy shouts. And they know the maknae could not take it anymore.

"Sit first." Dongwan says to the two maknaes. Minwoo takes a deep breath before he starts explaining.

"Remember the stalkers who broke into Hyesung's house last month?" Junjin and Andy nod. "Do you know they put cameras there?"

"What???"

"Eric found them in the living room while he was helping Hyesung clean up the house. It was after three days. Can you imagine how much they have seen throughout those three days??" Minwoo rubs his temples again. "Hyesung was terrified, embarrassed. He could not even go into his house."

"That was why he stayed in my house for a week?" Junjin asks, and Minwoo nods. "But he seemed fine after that. He did go home right?"

"Yes, he did. But he said he didn't feel safe anymore, felt like people were watching him in his own house."

"Poor Hyesung hyung." Andy says, earning nods from the rest.

"But what does that has to do with what is happening right now?" Junjin asks impatiently. "Don't tell me they're still coming after Hyesung hyung??"

"Unfortunately, that's what he told me. Hyesung said he even received prank calls. So Eric suggested that he needed a break."

"Why would Eric hyung go with Hyesung hyung?"

"Hey. Why wouldn't he?" Dongwan asks back, grinning. "The two have been closer the past three years." They nod, agreeing to the fact.

 

Hyesung wakes up in the morning feeling hungry. He makes his way to the kitchen half-asleep, rummaging through the kitchen closet and the fridge, looking for something decent to eat. When he finds none, he shouts.

"Eriiiiicc!" But the said man is still in dreamland. Hyesung rushes to the room and jumps on the bed, forcing Eric to get up.

"What is it??" He asks as soon as he opens his eyes. "What happened?"

"I'm hungry." Hyesung lies down when Eric gets up. With only one eye opens, Eric chuckles.

"It's about time we go shopping. Go take a shower." He suggests, but Hyesung pulls the cover up to his head. "If you don't want to eat, that's fine with me." Eric is about to lie back down when Hyesung pushes him away.

"You take a shower first."

When the two are done getting ready, they leave to the nearest grocery shop. It is almost afternoon when they make it back home with their hands full.

"Huuu." Eric sighs as he puts down the groceries on the kitchen counter. "Why did you buy so many things?"

"I'm hungry." Hyesung grins from the dining table. "Hurry, cook something for me."

"I'm not your cook."

"But you cook better than anyone else in the world." Eric flashes a smile, feeling proud. "My mom is the best though." Eric snorts. When he sees Hyesung smiling at him, he gives in.

"What do you want to eat?" Hyesung applauses, excited over Eric's question.

"Steak!!"

"For brunch?" Hyesung nods. "No, no, no. You need to eat rice. I need rice." Hyesung is just about to protest when Eric continues. "We'll have steak for dinner, okay?"

"Okay."

Hyesung leaves Eric alone in the kitchen while he goes to his room to wash up. The moment he opens the door, something strange welcomes him.

"Eric!!" Eric turns off the stove and runs over to get to Hyesung. Seeing his friend standing at the door, Eric holds his shaking hands. "We need to go." Hyesung says, eyes still staring at the bed. "They even broke into this house. We're not safe anymore. Let's get out of here." Hyesung pulls Eric's hand, but Eric stands still. "Eric?"

"I made this." Eric looks at Hyesung's shocked face, and tries to calm him down by caressing his hands. "For you." Hyesung blinks his eyes, and at times glances at the bed which covered with red flower petals. "Right before we left earlier." Hyesung looks back at Eric. He lets go of Eric's hands and walks over to the bed. There is a small box. "Gift for you." Eric's heart is beating nervously as Hyesung picks up the box and opens the cover. Hyesung freezes in his spot when he sees its content. A pair of wristwatch. Couple wristwatches. "Surprise!" Eric shouts from the door. But Hyesung doesn't respond, he doesn't even move. Eric then realizes his friend is trembling, so he walks closer. "Hyesungie?" Eric carefully hugs him from behind and rests his chin on Hyesung's shoulder. And the latter starts crying. "Hey, what's wrong?" Eric's embrace tightens. "You don't like it?"

"I've been searching for this for months..."

"I know." Eric turns to look at Hyesung's face. But the latter hugs him instead.

"Thank you Eric." Eric smiles, satisfied. He his friend's back. "Both are for me, right?" Unconsciously, Eric's hand stop moving.

"O-of c-course." Hyesung giggles, making Eric continues his back.

"Eric, do you smell something burning?"

"What? I turned off the stove." Hyesung giggles again.

"My stomach is burning." Eric pulls away from the hug and runs to the kitchen, leaving the laughing Hyesung. Hyesung is putting the watches back into the box when he sees a little note pasted under the cover. He opens it to read.

This is for the time we spent together, and the more to come. I'll always be here for you, be it day or night, rain or sunshine, asleep or awake. Whenever life gets rough, remember that you can lean on me. I love you, Hyesungie.

A warm feeling rushes through his body as he reads the whole thing all over again. When he hears his stomach growls, he grabs a paper and pen to write a reply.

 

After their lunch, Hyesung goes out to the backyard to relax. His stomach is filled so he thinks of having a quick nap under the shady tree. Eric on the other hand walks to the room to clean up the flower petals earlier, because he knows how Hyesung hates mess. He is greeted with a piece of paper on the bed.

Yes, the flower petals are messy. But I'll let it slide this time. I think it looks nice. And it smells nice. Thank you Eric. Ah! Don't forget the steak for dinner. I'll give you a present after that.

Eric smiles. He keeps the note in his drawer and checks the leftover petals in his closet.

"I think I do need to use all of these."

 

Eric prepares the table for dinner; steaks, grape juice to replace wine, candles, and a bowl of flower petals. Hyesung chuckles.

"What are we celebrating?" He asks while being seated. Eric smiles as he sits in front of Hyesung.

"Do we need an occasion for dinner?"

"This is too fancy a dinner." Hyesung looks up. "Tell me."

"If you insist. Um... How about a month being runaways?" Hyesung laughs.

"We aren't runaways. We're just ordinary people going on vacation."

"Ordinary people huh?" Eric pouts.

"Then what?"

"I prefer lovers." Hyesung blushes upon Eric's statement. He looks down at the glorious steak in his plate. "That's what we are, right?"

"I don't remember if you ever proposed to be one." Hyesung grins. Suddenly Eric puts a small box on the table, right beside Hyesung's plate. And Hyesung knows what is inside it.

"Another gift." Hyesung's eyes sparkle as he sees a pair of silver rings inside the box.

"This--" Eric nods.

"Just like what Jinnie told you last year. Sorry it took so long..." Eric fakes a smile. He feels bad to give the ring only now, when he was supposed to give it a year ago. 

"Thank you." Hyesung smiles. "To think that you got mad when Jinnie spilled the beans, it was funny." Eric blushes, embarrassed. "Both are for me too?" Eric awkwardly nods, eyes looking at the steak.

"Let's eat." Hyesung giggles.

After dinner, Eric insists on doing the dishes alone so Hyesung just sits on the couch and watches tv. Carefully, he shoves his hand in between the cushions and grabs a box he had put earlier. He checks the content, and a wide smile plasters on his face. It is the present he promised to give to Eric. He keeps the box in his pants pocket and glances at the quiet kitchen. Eric isn't there anymore.

"Eric?" Hyesung calls as he gets up from the couch. To his surprise, they are flower petals on the floor, forming a line that he knows leads him to the bedroom. He smiles and follows the direction. "Eric." He calls again and slowly opens the door. There are candles everywhere; on the floor and the drawer. Hyesung tiptoes to the empty spaces between the candles and makes his way to the bed. There, another gift box is waiting for him. As soon as he picks it up, Eric emerges from behind the door, with a bouquet of white roses in his hands. Hyesung is now standing beside the bed, frozen seeing the ever so handsome friend of his.

"Hyesungie." Eric walks closer to the clueless man. "I may be the cheesiest and naughtiest guy in the world, the most selfish man you've ever met, that sometimes whine a little bit too much over silly matters, who picks fights with you and our friends just because I'm bored, and many more negative aspects I don't feel good to express them myself." Hyesung chuckles as he loosens up, thanks to Eric's words. "But I want to be the most selfish man when it comes to you, the best friend you've ever had, the most caring person you've ever met, and of course, the one and only man that loves you with all my heart." Eric gives the bouquet to the red-faced man, grabbing the box from his hands. "This is my promise to you." He takes out one of the two rings and holds Hyesung's hand. Eric smiles when he feels Hyesung's hand trembles. Still standing, Eric takes a deep breath and looks fondly at the man in front of him, whom he had been in love with for years. "Would you be mine, only mine, for the rest of our lives?" Tears well up in Hyesung's eyes. His heart beats faster than it ever did, especially when Eric looks at him with those beautiful eyes. That moment he knows, this is exactly what he wanted. He finally nods. With thankful heart, Eric slides the ring onto Hyesung's finger and the latter immediately takes the other ring to put it on Eric's finger. The tears in Hyesung's eyes eventually fall. Eric hugs him tight. "Now that we're engaged--" Hyesung notices the cheeky tone in Eric's voice so he pushes him away. But apparently, Eric had expected that, so he holds Hyesung tightly in his embrace and the two fall down on the bed. "You are mine now."

 

The morning comes and Hyesung is the first to wake up. Seeing Eric sleeping so close to him, he smiles. The sun shines through the window, and it makes something on his finger sparkles.

"Who would have thought this day eventually comes?" Hyesung asks himself, staring intently at the ring.

"I did." Eric whispers, his eyes still shut. Slowly his hand crawls over to Hyesung's waist. "Let's sleep some more." He hugs the skinny guy and locks Hyesung to his chest.

"What about the rings you gave me after lunch yesterday?"

"Our couple rings. But we're not just a couple anymore, so you can keep them."

"The wristwatches?"

"Ahh... Gifts for you." Hyesung notices the uncertainty in Eric's tone.

"You mean, for us?" He asks back, his hand pinching Eric's cheek. "They look exactly the same, so I don't think I need two." Eric hides his face in the crook of Hyesung's neck. "Thank you Eric." Hyesung hugs the suddenly shy man. "Eric, actually there is something I want to ask from you..." He brings his hand to play with Eric's hair.

"You want to go home?" Eric's question surprises him, so he nods. "I was planning to bring you home today. Now that you ask, we can start packing." Hyesung smiles, happy hearing the news. He tries to get up from the bed but Eric holds him tight.

"You said we can start packing?"

"5 more minutes like this. Please?" Eric pleads. Hyesung grins as he pulls the blanket off of them.

"No. Get up now. Let's go home. My baby brothers need me."

 

The couple, each with a big backpack, rides a taxi to go to the train station. When they reach the station, Hyesung notices Eric is being too calm, while he himself is wary about the surrounding.

"Eric, are we going to be okay?"

"What do you mean?"

"We've been gone for a month, and now that we're going home, don't you think people would crowd us the moment we reach there?" Eric turns to Hyesung and starts checking his disguise.

"You look fine to me." Hyesung hits Eric's chest.

"I'm serious here."

"I am too. Now, check me out."

"What??"

"Check my disguise. Do I look like a celebrity?" Eric asks, and Hyesung starts checking his clothes. When Hyesung looks up to check his mask and sunglasses, Eric leans closer. "Do I still make your heart flutters even with my disguise?" Hyesung's eyes widen, his heart beats fast and his forehead starts sweating. "I already get my answer." Eric hugs Hyesung, trying to make him calm down. But he also knows Hyesung would become even more nervous, so he decides to add some more cheese to it. "I like it when you shivers the moment I hug you." Eric tightens his embrace, as if he tries to trap Hyesung inside it forever. "I love you Hyesungie."

Pinnnnnn~ The train's horn blaring through the whole platform, shocking the couple. Hyesung pulls away, and takes a deep breath for finally being able to break free from Eric's cheesiness. Eric, on the other hand, curses the train for ruining one of his greasy moves to tease Hyesung.

"Eric, come on." Hyesung calls as he walks to the door. And Eric notices the grin on Hyesung's face; he knows Hyesung is making fun of his failed attempt. He sighs and follows Hyesung aboard the train. "Huu... We're going to stuck in here for the next three hours now." Hyesung says as he sits near the window. An idea then pops up in Eric's naughty mind. He sits beside Hyesung and leans closer to whisper.

"Three hours of subtle revenge." Hyesung gasps when he sees the evil smirk on Eric's face.

 

As soon as they arrive at the Seoul Station, Eric tells Hyesung to just follow him from behind and to not make it too obvious. Hyesung agrees, and he carefully walks a few metres away from Eric. Then he sees Eric talking to someone, and he is surprised to see it is Minwoo.

"Hey Hyesungie." Minwoo greets. "You look like hell." Hyesung widens his eyes on Minwoo's remark. "What happened?" Eric suddenly laughs and pulls Minwoo away, but Hyesung pulls Eric's ear instead.

"Ouw ouw Hyesungie."

"This mad man here didn't even give me a minute to rest, while he slept the whole ride!"

"What? What did he do?" Hyesung is about to answer when Eric nudges his rib. Then something clicks in Hyesung's mind, so he mentally curses himself.

"Ahh. He snores." Hyesung lies to Minwoo, while Eric giggles beside him.

"That's it? He does that all the time." Minwoo replies.

"Let's just go home. I need some sleep." Hyesung lets Eric's ear go and starts walking away from the two men.

"How's everything?" Minwoo asks Eric.

"Everything is good. Thanks by the way for the extras. They did a very good job in following us." Eric chuckles.

"I picked the best. So aren't you going to tell him?"

"Tell him what?"

"That you made up the whole stalker thing since the very beginning just because you wanted to be alone with him?"

"Maybe. When the time is right."

"Do it soon. I'm afraid I can't keep it a secret for long."

"Minwoo, please... I'll treat you to fancy dinner. Okay?" Eric smiles, batting his eyelashes to his best friend.

"I could get used to blackmailing you." Minwoo laughs.

"Hey what's so funny?" The two startle when they hear Hyesung's voice.

"Ahh I was just telling him about the day I hid in the drain to find you." Hyesung laughs.

"Ooo that was funny. But enough with story-telling. Can we just go home now?" Eric looks at Minwoo and the latter leads them to his car. Hyesung falls asleep the moment the car starts moving, while Eric and Minwoo are giving each other meaningful glances.

 

 


A/N: I don't know how to write romantic events. *hides inside the closet*