JinDy : He will be loved

Friends, Crush, and Anything Nice

 

Andy Lee was a top student in his school. His excellence achievements in academics and sports made him the most respected and admired. But even with all compliments and respects, he kept his humble act wherever he went. This made him more loved by everyone in school.

But nobody knew about his life outside the school hours. He was adopted since he was 6. He had never met his family, and the family he lived with was always mean to him. Especially the sons, named Eric and Steve. They made him do house chores and even their homework.

"You think you're like Cinderella??" Eric shouted when he saw Andy kneeled on his bedroom floor, praying in silence.

"This is reality. Cinderella is only a freaking fairy tale." Steve added. Andy got up and grabbed the broom beside him.

"Do your work properly or we'll tell Mom and Dad!" Andy sighed upon the last warning. Slowly he walked to the living room and started sweeping the floor. He didn't stop praying though, hoping for a tiny bit of miracle that would at least make him happy.

 

Being at school was Andy's favorite thing to do. It was because he didn't have to face the two evil brothers, because they went to another school.

"Hey Andy." Dongwan the student council president greeted him. "We'll have a new student today. He's going to be in your class."

"So I need to assist him these few days?? Hyung..."

"It's your duty as a member of student council." Andy pouted. The moment he wanted to protest, Dongwan had already left to his own class.

 

Andy kept a straight face when the teacher announced about the new student.

"Hello. My name is Junjin Park. You can call me Justin." The new boy said, and the whole class laughed with him.

"You all know him right?" The teacher asked.

"Yes. He is from the newspaper." A student spoke, earning more laughter from everyone. Andy then realized, the new boy was the famous athlete that had been in the news for his amazing records in track and field.

"Justin, you can sit there, beside Andy." Andy looked up. "He is an athlete too." He just stayed still when Justin walked over to his seat.

"Hi. Andy right?" Andy slightly nodded. "Hope we can be good friends." Justin said as he took his seat. Andy didn't understand why he felt nervous when the guy talked to him.

 

"Have you met him?" Dongwan asked when Andy went to the student council room.

"Yes." He answered coldly, and Dongwan just laughed. "Why didn't you tell me he's famous? I just stayed still like a fool when he sat beside me."

"He sits beside you? That makes your job easier." Dongwan grinned.

"Ahh awkward." Andy pouted. "Hyung, is there anything you want to discuss? If not, I need to go to work now."

"We just did." The president giggled. "You may leave. See you tomorrow Andy."

 

Andy arrived early at his workplace as usual.

"Maknae!" Minwoo the noodle shop owner called. "We have many orders today. Can you make it?"

"Okay hyung. I'm on it." Andy changed his clothes and quickly started packing food for delivery. After three hours, Andy was getting ready to go home when Minwoo said another order came in.

"Two jjajangmyeon, two jjampong." Andy packed the food and gave it to Minwoo. "Can you just deliver them? It's on your way home. Besides, they said we don't need to rush."

"Weird... I'll do it. See you tomorrow hyung." Andy smiled while walking home, with the food in his hands. Humming to the tunes of his favorite group, Shinhwa, he enjoyed his walk. Today was like any other day. The walk home would be the last moment for him to have time for himself.

"Oho, who do we have here?" Andy startled when he heard a familiar voice. He looked back and saw the two brothers. "Our beloved maknae." Eric flashed a grin.

"Where have you been to only come home this late?" Steve asked, clenching his fist.

"I always come home around this time." Andy bravely replied, and the two brothers widened their eyes.

"Eric, look at him. He's got the guts to talk back now." Steve and Eric laughed, while slowly walking towards the youngest.

"What are those? Food?" Eric grabbed the plastic bags from Andy's hand.

"No, hyung, please. I need to deliver them--"

"Oohh you've been working secretly??" Steve grabbed Andy's collar, choking him.

"Hyung, please, I need to deliver the food--"

"Or else?" Eric asked, already taking out one bowl to eat.

"What else? You're going to have to pay." Steve shouted at Eric.

"I won't. You pay for it." Eric said to Andy, with jjajangmyeon sauce all over his mouth. Andy sighed.

"Yeah. We eat. You pay." Steve grinned at the maknae, his grip on the collar tightened.

"Yaa!!" A male voice shouted out of nowhere. Eric choked on his food while Steve looked around to see who it was. "Let him go!" Andy thought the voice was familiar.

"Who are you??" Steve asked, glaring at the person.

"Who are you?" The person asked back. Steve and Eric grinned.

"This is our brother. Who are you to interfere our bonding session?" Eric asked, standing beside Steve.

"Andy, is it true?" Andy was surprised hearing his name. He turned his head to look. It was Justin. Andy knew his image and reputation had just went down the drain.

"Err yes..." Andy answered. Justin didn't buy it though, because Andy's face showed he was scared and in pain.

"So what are you going to do now?" Steve asked, only to earn a punch on his face. Eric wanted to respond, but a kick landed on his stomach instead. The two brothers groaned in pain on the ground.

"Andy, are you okay?" Justin asked, but Andy walked over to the food that was scattered on the ground. He cried. "Your food? Let's just buy another."

"No, I needed to deliver these. But now..." Justin didn't know what to do. He looked up when he saw the two boys running away from there. Suddenly he saw a piece of paper pasted on one of the bowls.

"Hey, it's my address. I wanted to go there and picked them up myself." Justin noticed Andy's expression changed. "Never mind. Let's just go home."

"But--" Justin helped Andy getting up from the ground. Seeing his dirty uniform, Andy was embarrassed. He had never showed this side of him to anyone. And to think that Justin was a new student, he felt so frustrated. "Where are we going?" Andy asked when he realized Justin had been pulling his hand for a while now.

"Home. My home." Andy blushed upon the answer. He was even more embarrassed. "Tadaa!" Justin exclaimed when they arrived. He pulled Andy towards his room, and gave a clean towel to the confused boy. "Wash up. You look...um...delicious." Justin grinned. Andy glanced at the mirror, only to notice his face was smeared with jjajangmyeon sauce, which he didn't remember how it got there. He hurriedly went to the bathroom to clean up.

"Um thank you Justin. I think I need to go home now." Andy said when he was done.

"Call me Junjin. Justin is too formal." Justin replied, and Andy just nodded. He then grabbed his bag to go home, but Junjin stopped him. "You're going back to the house? They'll beat you up again." Andy's eyes became teary.

"I have no other choice. It's my home, my family." Junjin sighed hearing Andy. He walked Andy home even though Andy had told him not to. "We're here. Thanks Junjin." Andy said when he saw his house. Junjin nodded and stopped walking, letting Andy to walk home alone. But secretly, he followed behind Andy, to make sure the boy really went home. Junjin then hid behind a car when he saw Andy walked to a door. There, the two boys from earlier were already waiting.

"Hurry wash our uniforms. Jjajangmyeon sauce is all over them." Steve said to Andy.

"And do our homework." Eric added as Andy walked into the house. Junjin's heart fell. He had never expected the top student Andy to live this kind of life.

 

Junjin was walking towards the class when he saw Andy talking and laughing with the president. He smiled at the scene. Andy then turned to look at him, but Junjin felt weird seeing Andy's too happy face. He knew something was wrong.

"Andy..." Junjin whispered when they were seated in class. "About yesterday--"

"Please. Forget about what you saw, heard, everything. Please." Andy pleaded.

Since that day, Andy and Junjin became awkward. Junjin always wanted to talk and chat, and Andy's cold reply didn't stop him. He really wanted to be friends with Andy.

 

Two weeks had passed since Junjin saw Andy being bullied by his brothers. And since that day too, Junjin always followed Andy from school, to know more about the boy. He didn't mean to be a stalker, but he couldn't help it either. One night, Junjin was staring outside the window when he noticed a person sitting under the tree in front of his house.

"Weird." He looked at the person, and thanks to the light, he saw the shoes. He knew it was Andy. Slowly he went outside, and sat at the other side of the tree. "How long have you been sitting here?" Junjin asked, making Andy jumped up of his spot. "Don't go." Junjin grabbed Andy's hand to stop him from leaving. He heard Andy's loud sigh as Andy sat back.

"I know you've been following me from school. I just wanted to do the same." Junjin felt embarrassed. "Why did you do that anyway?"

"Uh just wanted to make sure you go home safely."

"Oh. Thanks." Andy replied. Junjin noticed Andy sounded disappointed.

"What about you?" Junjin's turn to ask.

"Uh I just wanted to get away from home. This is the only place they couldn't find me." Junjin felt sad but proud at the same time. He didn't know why. "Now that you've caught me, I don't think I'd come here again." Andy suddenly laughed. And Junjin felt at ease.

"No, no. Please come. I could use a company." Junjin's reply made Andy blushed. "And next time, just knock on the door. I'd happily welcome you." Andy's heart started beating fast.

"Uh.. I need to go now." Andy got up but Junjin grabbed his hand again.

"Please. Stay a little longer." Andy gave up, and sat beside Junjin. He didn't know why he felt comfortable being with the new student. He even thought this might be the miracle he had been wishing for.

 

The routine went on for the next days. Junjin followed Andy home after class, and even signed up to work at the same noodle shop. Then at night, Andy came to Junjin's house; spending their time talking and laughing. The two then became closer.

"You seem to be in a good mood lately Andy. Is this because of the new boy?" Dongwan asked. When he saw his junior blushed, he laughed. "Good for you."

After class, the two best friends went to work as usual. Minwoo was happy seeing the two boys working diligently. And with Junjin's charms, they managed to attract many new customers. Minwoo knew his dream of becoming a businessman would come true in no time, thanks to his favorite employees.

 

One night, Junjin was looking out the window while waiting for Andy. But even after an hour, there was no sign of the boy. Junjin started become anxious. He knew something had gone wrong. He grabbed his jacket and ran to Andy's house. Slowly, he approached the house and tiptoed to Andy's window. It was dark, Junjin thought Andy was sleeping.

"This is for not doing the house chores!" Junjin heard a person shouting, followed by a crash sound.

"And this, for running away from house every night!" Another crash sound was heard. Junjin's heart was beating fast, he knew Andy was in trouble.

"I'm sorry. I won't do it again. Please stop. You're hurting me." Andy's voice sounded desperate, scared, and hurt.

"I bet this is not as hurt as when the teacher beat us for not doing our homework!!"

"Hyung, no!!" Junjin could not hold it any longer. He ran to the front door and barged into the house. Luckily, no adults were there. He then stomped his feet to where the noises were coming from.

"Stop!!" Junjin shouted. The three boys in the room were shocked seeing him.

"What are you doing here in our house??" Eric asked, his hand holding a broken hockey stick. Junjin walked over to Andy, who was crying and bleeding.

"Jinnie, look out!" Andy shouted when he saw Eric wanted to hit Junjin, but Junjin swiftly avoided the attack. Instead, he grabbed a badminton racket and swung it hard, making Eric fell on the floor. Junjin hurriedly helped Andy to get up, but this time Steve grabbed a baseball bat to hit the trespasser. Andy saw this. He quickly went over Junjin, and the bat hit Andy's head.

"Andy!!" Junjin shouted as Andy slumped on the ground, blood oozing from his nose and head. Steve was so shocked, he just stood frozen looking at his adopted brother. Eric was afraid of what was going to happen, so he grabbed Steve's hand and the two ran away from the scene. "Andy, don't sleep." Junjin warned as he put Andy on his back and ran out of the house. He was so worried, he only thought about sending the injured Andy to the hospital. "Help!!" Junjin shouted when he arrived at the emergency section. The nurses quickly put Andy on the stretcher and left Junjin all alone at the empty hallway. Having nothing to do, he sat on the ground, crying and praying for Andy to make it through. Junjin couldn't bear to lose Andy.

 

The next morning, Dongwan went to the school office to receive a call. When he heard what Junjin told him, he ran to the hospital as fast as he could.

"Where is he?" Dongwan asked the moment he saw Junjin on the floor. The latter was too weak, he just pointed at the ICU door. The president sighed and walked over to Junjin. "What exactly happened?"

"His brothers..." Junjin's tears fell again.

"They went too far this time."

"You knew about them?" Junjin wiped his tears and stared at his senior.

"I once saw the bruises on Andy's back while we were changing after baseball practice. When I asked him, he said he had a fight with his brothers. I did my own investigation, for he is my favorite junior. Turned out he was abused by the brothers."

"What about their parents?"

"They didn't know. The two brothers always threatened Andy to not spill the truth. Or they'd beat him even more." Junjin was crying again when the doctor came to them. They were told that Andy's condition had stabilized, and they could go see him. As they stepped into Andy's ward, Dongwan's tears fell. Seeing the cheerful, funny, cute, smart junior of him lying on the bed, with bandages all over his body, his heart hurt so much. How could someone do this to him?

"Andy..." Junjin called the patient. "Please wake up soon." Dongwan was surprised to see Junjin's calm expression, different from when they were outside just now. "Dongwan hyung is here too."

"Andy, hyung is here. Wake up soon okay. I got lots of work without you around."

"Yeah. Minwoo hyung's hands would be full without his cute employee." The two laughed, hoping Andy would hear their happy tone and quickly wake up from his slumber.

 

Junjin went to work that evening while Dongwan stayed with Andy at the hospital. Seeing Junjin came alone, Minwoo asked him about Andy.

"Hyung, Andy is not well. So I'll do both jobs starting today." Minwoo knew something was wrong, but he just let Junjin be. After his shift ended, Junjin was preparing to go home when Minwoo stopped him.

"Anything happened to Andy?" He asked calmly. Junjin took a deep breath, and nodded.

"He's currently at the hospital." Minwoo gasped hearing the truth. He took off his apron and pulled Junjin out of the shop. The latter knew they were now going to the hospital.

Dongwan stayed outside the ward with Junjin while Minwoo went to see Andy.

"Maknae, why are you sleeping? You want to skip working? The customers asked for you. Where's the cute boy? I told them you were too shy to see them, so you took few days off." Minwoo laughed. "Andy, wake up soon okay? Without you, my business would fail." He laughed again. Deep inside, he was hoping Andy to wake up and stop them from worrying.

 

A week passed since that incident, and Andy was still sleeping. Dongwan had informed the school about Andy. Junjin would always go to see Andy after class. He was thankful that Minwoo didn't mind losing his two favorite boys for a while.

"Andy, I missed you. Please wake up soon." Junjin grabbed Andy's hand. His tears threatened to fall, so he closed his eyes to hold them in. Suddenly he heard giggles. When he opened his eyes, Andy was giggling with his eyes closed. Junjin was shocked. "Andy, are you having a good dream?" He asked, his grip on Andy's hand tightened.

"I'm not dreaming." Andy replied, and Junjin immediately jumped up from the chair. The patient opened his eyes, laughing seeing the white-faced Junjin. A nurse came into the room, surprised seeing the visitor leaning on the wall. The patient was still laughing.

"He's been awake since this morning. You didn't ask, so we didn't tell you." The nurse told Junjin, and Andy laughed louder. Junjin just stood there, couldn't believe what he just heard. Andy stopped laughing when the nurse left.

"Jinnie..." Junjin blinked his eyes. Andy was smiling at him. Andy was awake. Junjin immediately ran to hug the patient.

"I'm glad you're awake. I was so afraid. I'm sorry I didn't come there sooner. And thank you for saving me. But you shouldn't. I'll be forever grateful to you--" Andy laughed.

"You're so funny." Junjin let go and stared at the laughing boy. "I'm fine now. And I'll be forever grateful to you too." Seeing the smile on Andy's face, Junjin smiled too.

"Ahh I need to inform the hyungs." Junjin said, but Andy's expression suddenly changed. "Oh I mean, Dongwan hyung and Minwoo hyung. Ah yes. Them." Junjin explained, and Andy's expression softened.

The next day, Andy was discharged from hospital. But Junjin knew his friend didn't feel happy at all to go home.

"Andy, let's go." Junjin said as he reached his hand to Andy. The latter sighed, and followed the taller guy. While riding the taxi home, Andy was quiet. He really didn't want to see the brothers again. "We're here." Andy blinked his eyes a hundred times.

"This is not my house." Andy said as Junjin helped him getting off the taxi.

"From today onwards, it will be." He smiled and pulled the patient's hand towards his house. The moment the front door of Junjin's house opened, they heard people shouting.

"Welcome home!!!" Andy was shocked. His body stiffened seeing Dongwan and Minwoo there. And two adults, who seemed to be Junjin's parents.

"Jinnie, bring him in." The middle-aged man said, smiling. Andy then was pulled by Junjin into the living room. Minwoo and Dongwan took turns hugging the youngest.

"Welcome home Andy." Junjin whispered. But Andy was still confused, he kept blinking his eyes. And no one even cared to explain about the situation to him. Later, when the homecoming party ended, Junjin brought Andy to a room.

"Wh-what?? H-how?? W-when??" Andy stuttered when he saw all his stuff in the room.

"We took them from your old house." Andy looked at Junjin, waiting for him to say more. "They had moved away from here since...you know... And my parents decided to adopt you." Junjin explained, smiling. Andy couldn't hold his tears any longer. "Sorry I didn't tell you earlier..." Junjin felt guilty.

"They left me?" Andy asked, crying. Junjin pulled him to sit on the bed.

"No. They left after my parents adopted you." Junjin the boy's back, feeling sorry. Seeing Andy's tears, Junjin felt like crying too. "Andy, don't be sad. Think about it like this - from now on, we can talk and laugh all day, we can go to school together, work together, do everything together." Junjin said, as excited as he could be. "Hey, why are you blushing? Are you mad or something?" Andy wiped his tears and hugged his new brother.

"Thank you Jinnie, thanks for everything."

"You should thank my parents. Because I actually opposed their idea of adopting you." Andy let go and stared at Junjin who was pouting.

"Why? You don't like me being your brother?" Andy asked, and surprisingly, Junjin nodded. Andy tears started falling again.

"I can't be your brother, because I like you." Junjin honestly answered. He then smiled when he saw Andy was blushing. "But there's nothing I can do now, except..." Andy looked at Junjin expectantly, his face was still red. "To love you." Junjin pecked Andy's right cheek and hurriedly ran out of the room.

"Jinnie!!!!" Andy shouted the moment he recovered from his embarrassment. "Junjin!!!" He ran out of the room, only to be hugged by Junjin who was apparently hiding outside the door. "Let me go!" Andy tried to free himself, but Junjin hugged him tighter.

"Hey. As a younger brother, you should listen to me." Andy widened his eyes. "And..." Junjin grinned at his new brother. "You should always let me hug and kiss you whenever I want." For a moment, Andy froze, trying to process what he had just heard. When he felt a peck on his left cheek, he finally understood.

"Yaaa!!" He shouted but Junjin had already ran away, laughing. Their parents just shook their heads watching the two boys. The house would never be silent again.


 


A/N: This is my first time writing a one-shot for other than RS. *clap clap clap*