Special Chapter

100 Days: HIM

The two love birds lay side by side, hand in hand, each of them wearing content smiles in their old wrinkly faces. Grey hair was now more prominent than black, their visions seemed to be blurry all the time without their cute pair of glasses, their voices marked with all the experiences they had in life.

 

"So nana, what happened then?" the brunette kid asked her gentle granny as she rolled on the bed.

 

"What happened next was that your pops here, asked granny if they could be together for 100 years!" the brunette's father, Park Dae Hyun, said as he lifted his little daughter into the air and twirled the two of them around in circles.

 

The two elderly left out a hearty chuckle at the sight of the father and daughter act.

 

"Ahh~ put our little grand child down now, Daehyunnie," their pops said.

 

"Keke~ Hey there dad." Daehyun said as he let down his giggling daughter, Eun Mi.

 

"Did you say yes, nana? Did you?" asked the giddy little Eun Mi.

 

"Well of course not!" answered the smiling old lady.

 

"What?! Waeyoooo? Aren't you guys married? Dada, aren't nan and pops married?"

 

"Of course they are you silly girl."

 

"Sweet child, I didn't say yes because I didn't like the idea of only a hundred years. What I told your pops is that I wouldn't settle on something that's less than forever."

 

"Awwwwe! Nana, you love pops so much don't you?" little Eun Mi sighed in great awe.

 

A knock on the door caught the attention of everyone in the room. In came a lovely young woman in his mid twenties. Park Soo Jin. She was wearing a dark blue blouse and a pair of black trousers, a white scarf securedly placed around her neck. Her cheeks  and lips were flushed red against her fair complexion due to the cold weather. It was a cold winter night and the Parks had gathered in the old house for the Christmas season.

 

"Mommy!" Eun Mi jumped out of the bed and went straight into her mothers arm. The two of them looked really alike, the two most beautiful ladies in DaeHyun's eyes.

 

"Hi there my Eun Mi. What are you about tonight? I hope you're not causing trouble to nana and pops." She said as she lifted the little girl in her arms.

"Nana and pops are telling me their story. Did you know that nana turned pops down on his 100 years proposal?" the little girl giggled.

"Aish~! This pretty lady here beside me never said no to me, I tell you. In fact, she always cried for me whenever I was leaving the town." pops said defensively.

"Alright now pops, if you say so." Soo Jin winked at him.

"And as for you young lady, time for bed. Of you go now." she then motioned to her daughter.

The three of them, DaeHyun, Soo Jin and Eun Mi, said good night to the old couple and headed out of the cozy room.

 

"Merry Christmas, my love." whispered pops as he placed a little bag on nana's hands.

"Oh dear, what is it this time old man?" nana said back smiling as she examined the small red bag her husband gave her.

"Just open it now, will you darling?"

 

And so nana opened the bag. In it was a beautifully crafter gold necklace with a two-toned heart shaped pendant. It was beautiful. The most beautiful piece of treasure nana had ever laid eyes upon. She held it up and admired its beauty. The light from the fire place made it look like it was glowing which added to its grandeur.

 

"You shouldn't have bothered, my love. It's too beautiful, it would only look bad if I would be wearing it."

"Don't talk such nonsense my love. You, and only you would be the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in all the years of my long life. Don't you ever forget that." pops said as he locked the necklace onto nana's neck. "Look, you're much more beautiful than that necklace."

"Cheesy old man." nana teased.

"All for you, jagiya. Saranghae, even until after life. I love you, Iane." Chanyeol whispered softly as he closed his eyes and hugged his wife.

"I love you, more than anything else, Park Chanyeol. Forever, even afterlife." Iane said back as she closed her eyes and hugged his husband back.

 

Pictures from shades of grey to brown to colored ones filled the wall of the room. Pictures telling a story of a couple happily in love, a couple who had reached their dreams together and had raised a family of their own, and now their only boy had the family of his own.

 

The light from the fireplace lit up the room, making it look and feel warm that Christmas eve. Dots of red blinked on and off in a machine with a straight green line on the screen. But there, settled on the neck of nana was a remarkably glistening light. A necklace holding hers and her husband's picture inside, and engraved in its face was the word forever.

 

 

Silence over took the whole room, aside from the crackling of the fireplace and the continuous beeping sound. There in the room, lay together an old couple that had overcome all sorts of trials ever since the first time they felt the butterflies in their stomachs.

 

Chanyeol and Iane lasted forever. Why forever? Because even after life, the two of them had each other's hand to hold, and each other's heart to love.

 

 

 

Fin~