But how?

100 Days: HIM

"Of all the days that your stupidity will strike, why now, Chanyeol? Why?" Chanyeol muttered to himself as he was struggling to fix up his bowtie.

 

The moment he realized what his friends were telling him and after Tao had hit him in the head, Chanyeol had sent them out of the room so he could start preparing. He was running and skipping the whole time. Along the way, he managed to get a few bruises by hitting himself on things accidentally because of clumsily moving too fast.

 

Chanyeol let out a sigh. He looked at himself in the mirror. Shadows were starting to form underneath his eyes.

 

It’s been weeks since I last slept peacefully. I really miss her. Chanyeol thought to himself.

 

Chanyeol wore a dark gray suit over a plain white shirt. Baekhyun had fixed his hair neatly earlier. He wore his usual light brown contacts which seemed to look brighter today. Tao and Kris had insisted on him putting on lip balm to make his lips more redder but he didn’t want to and reasoned out that he looks like a girl when he uses lip balm.

 

“That should be alright. You’re andsome as always, Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol said as he winked at his own reflection. He was trying really hard to get rid of his nervousness but keeps failing miserably. All sorts of negative thought were buzzing at his mind right that moment.

 

What if she’s still mad at me?

What if she doesn’t like me?

What if she doesn’t show up?

What if Kris failed to make the room look good?

What if my voice cracks while singing?

What if she already found somebody else?

 

The last thought made him shiver. He was scared. He did not know what would happen. Well who would? He had chosen to step out of the girl’s life for weeks. He turned his phone off, told the guys to stop communicating with her – well except Tao of course.

 

“No Chanyeol. That wouldn’t happen. Snap out of all the negative thoughts. Everything will be okay. She will surely forgive you after everything you had planned. Okay? Just relax. Relax. Breathe in. Brea—“

 

“You’re pretty nervous, hyung.” A voice echoed from behind him.

 

Instantly, Chanyeol jumped to face who it was.

 

“And jumpy too.” The owner of the voice chuckled.

 

“Sehun. You scared me! Don’t do that again.” Chanyeol retorted.

 

“Do what? I was just talking to you.” The maknae replied with a shrug.

 

“Well. I mean. Uhmmm…”

 

“Keke~ It’s okay hyung! And don’t worry. I know she will forgive you. And besides, all of us are here to support you. Even her friends are here, right?” Sehun reassured him.

 

“Y-yeah. Thanks Sehunnie. Well then, let’s go head to the practice room now. I’m afraid Kris might overdo the decoration.”

 

“What?! The cold guy did the decorating part? Oh hyung I’m so s—"

 

“You’re what Sehun-ssi?”

 

“Ah-aahh! Kris hyung! You look really good today. He~ He~ I was just telling Chan hyung here that I’m sure that the practice room would look really good since you’re the one in charge of the decoration. Right, hyung?” Sehun chuckled nervously as he looked for Chanyeol’s help.

 

“Ahhh~ you didn’t tell me that Sehunnie! You shouldn’t be lying to our hyung here. He may not have the skills but he definitely has th— Oww~!” Chanyeol was cut off with a slap on the back of his head.

 

“Go ahead. Make fun of my art skills. I might as well burn down the whole practice room so your plan won’t work. See you around, kids.” Kris said as he waved at the two.

 

“H-hey! Don’t you dare hyung! I paid for the things you used!” Chanyeol said as he and Sehun hurried to catch up with their hyung.

 

The three of them reached the practice room playing around, mostly with Chanyeol and Sehun teaming up to annoy Kris. As they were about to enter, the practice room’s door burst open making the three take a quick step backwards.

 

“Oh! Mianhae guys I didn’t see you coming. Keke~” Lea said as she completely walked out the door.

 

“It’s okay Lea~ You didn’t do something bad. You don’t need to say sorry.” Sehun said as he ran to her side and draped an arm on her shoulders.

 

“Hey, hey! She's off limits Sehun. That’s my girl you’re flirting with. Stop that now.” Kris exclaimed as he started tugging Lea towards him.

 

“What?  You’re not yet official anyway. Right, jagiya?” He said teasing Lea and pulling her back.

 

“Ehem!” Lea suddenly exclaimed as she pulled her arms from both of them. “Who told you guys that you could play tug-of-war and use me as your rope?” Lea said annoyed.

 

“Mianhae.” Kris and Sehun apologized sheepishly.

 

“And Sehun oppa, I’m sorry but Kris is right. I’m his girl now.” Lea said softly as she tried looking away to hide the blush slowly climbing on her cheeks.

 

“Ah~! Fine then!” Sehun said as he crossed his arms over his chest and pout.

 

“Sorry dude. I saw this pretty lady first.” Kris said flirtingly more to Lea rather than to Sehun. With that, Lea’s face grew even redder.

 

“Stop that.” She told Kris in a very soft voice.

 

“Okay guys. Can we now go in? You have plenty of time to flirt later.” Chanyeol butted in.

 

“Oh! Y-yeah. Sorry oppa. Keke~” Lea said.

 

Once they all stepped inside the practice room, Chanyeol and Sehun froze. Their eyes were all round and wide, same as for their mouths.

 

Before them was a completely different view. It was the practice room, they know it. But at the moment, it was not.

 

The whole room looked heavenly. Purple, white and blue paper lanterns of different sizes were hung up on the ceiling making it look like soft puffy morning clouds. Scattered neatly on the floor were a few balloons of the colors blue, green, and light purple making it look like the ocean. There were also purple colored flowers everywhere. The placed looked like the heaven and the ocean decided to meet each other.

 

It was beatiful.

 

“So what were you supposed to say again, Sehun-ssi?” Kris asked Sehun. There was a smug look on his face and teasing evident on his voice.

 

“Whatever.” Sehun answered while rolling his eyes.

 

“This is amazing. Thanks, hyung.” Chanyeol said still in awe.

 

“Don’t thank me. Thank these three wonderful girls. They all helped me make this work. And also helped me with the colors that your girl likes.” Kris said.

 

“You’re very much welcome, master Kris!” the two other girls said as they continued to tidy up things.

 

All of them laughed together. Chanyeol felt really happy that all of his friends had helped him to make this day possible. But even with that, he can’t seem to stop worrying.

 

“Come on now Yeol oppa. She’ll come. Don’t worry.” Cheen said as she approached the group.

 

“B-but how?”

 

“What’s the use of your phone? And where does your head go sometimes, hyung?” Tao asked mocking Chanyeol as he finished hanging the last of the paper lanterns.

 

“Don’t you remember that she doesn’t pick up my calls?”

 

“Oh. Well then, why don’t you uhh, hmmm, well…” Tao said as he tried to think of a way to get his noona over there.

 

“Why not let Tao call her?” someone spoke from behind them.

 

“Ah. Lay hyung~! When did you get back?” Sehun asked as he hugged his hyung.

 

Lay patted the maknae’s head softly.

 

“Ahh~ Well, I think yesterday? No, no, I think it was today. But then again, maybe two days ago? I can’t seem to remember Sehunnie.” He said as he tried to remember when he got back.

 

“Ahh. You’re always forgetting things oppa. You just got back about an hour ago. Look, you still haven’t changed from your travel clothes. Neee, what if it’s me you forget?” Gerbel asked. Hurt etching in her voice.

 

Lay looked down and analyzed his clothes. He was wearing navy blue pullovers, a pair of cream pants and black ankle-high boots. His brown backpack was still hooked on his shoulder.

 

Oh, right. Thank you for reminding me, jagiya~ And don’t worry. I won’t be able to forget a very kind and pretty lady like you.” Lay told her lovingly.

 

Gerbel’s face turned into a light shade of pink. Lay always had that effect on her. He was this cute innocent boy that loves to make her blush. He was so innocent that he doesn’t even realize that he’s making every girl out there fall for his kindness and sweetness.

 

“Why are you all acting lovey dovey suddenly? It’s not fair!” Chanyeol said childishly.

 

“Well you’re the one to plan this whole thing, aren’t you? Keke~ But okay. Back to the issue. Let Tao call his noona and tell her to come over.” Lay said in a serious tone this time. He really can change moods quickly.

 

“But what will he say that is believable? He can’t just tell her to come over because I did something special for her. It would ruin the concept of surprise.”