Chapter 9

Seeing You

Chapter 9

 

Sunggyu stepped inside the elevator, double checking that he has pressed the right button for the floor of his new apartment.

Sunggyu sighed, unable to contain his unhappiness any longer.

I must be really unlucky to end up in this place again.

 

 

A few hours before at Changmin’s private office

 

“WHAT?!?!?!? Why do I have to live with your annoying, loud, and completely obnoxious brother in the same apartment?”

Changmin calmly flipped a page of his manga, completely ignoring the hamster screaming in his ears.

“Aish Gyu…can’t you see that I am busy here? Be happy that I found you such a nice place to stay at. Take care of him well~”

“But hyung! I thought by agreeing to stay here is already a big favor for you, and now I have to babysit your brother? ” A very angry Sunggyu marched over to Changmin’s desk and grabbed the book out of his hands.

“My bro can be a complete pain in the sometimes and his greasiness is no joke, but heh…I still love that Tree…”

"...I only agreed to this because it is you who asked for this favor, Changmin hyung."

Nodding happily, Changmin ushered Sunggyu out of his office and started his work.

 

Present

Sunggyu pushed the doorbell, waiting for someone to open the door for him.

After a few minutes of waiting with no reply, the annoyed hamster knocked on the door rather loudly, only to find the door swinging open at his first touch.

I am an idiot. The freaking door was open the whole time...

Sunggyu took off his shoes and walked inside the dark apartment. Leaving his suitcases outside, he fumbled around for a light switch, cursing whoever left the door unlocked to not have the light.

Flip.

Sunggyu was greeted with the sight of Woohyun sitting in a pool of blood and water.

 

He rushed into the room, immediately shaking the shoulders of the unconscious man.

"Yah, wake up! YAH!"

Oh, he is passed out...

Sighing inside his head, Sunggyu put an arm under the younger man's legs and carried him to the sofa, bridal style. He was light enough for Sunggyu to carry easily, being the grandpa he is. Gently setting him down into the sofa and pulling a pillow under Woohyun's head, Sunggyu wandered off into the dark apartment in search of a first aid kit.

After bandaging the various cuts on Woohyun's hands, Sunggyu gave the wrapped hand a final pat before standing up to retrieve his suitcase from outside the door.

A hand reached out and tugged him back to the sofa. Through his half lidded eyes, Woohyun whispered.

"...Don't leave me...please...hyung..."

Sunggyu's face softened, somehow comforted to see the younger man's defense crack down at last.

"Stay here, I will be back after a while, ok?"

Woohyun barely nodded and drifted off to sleep.

"...Thank you...Kim Sunggyu."

 

A few hours later, 3 AM in the morning

Woohyun woke up to the sound of a text message notification. He sat up from where he was and blindlt grabbed for a blinking phone that was on the table next to him. Squinting at the bright screen, Woohyun punched in the pass code 1004 and read the text.

 

From: Kim Myungie

To: Gyu-hyung

HYUNG! WHERE ARE YOU! I AM WORRIED SICK! I THOUGHT YOU WERE ONLY DROPPING BY THAT CEO PERSON'S HOUSE FOR A FEW HOURS AND NOW ASJAHJLAHFJAHFAF---- HI GYU HYUNG ITS YEOLL-

 

The text was cut off here rather abruptly, leaving Woohyun more confused than ever. He double checked the sender's name, Kim Myungie. Who is that?

---Oh. This was sent to Kim Sunggyu's phone. Where is h-

Woohyun's eyes fell to the slouching figure on the armrest of his sofa, a hamster-like face resting on the leather couch. Woohyun only realized then that his other hand had been tightly grasping Sunggyu's shirt collar, leaving the other man with no choice but to sleep beside Woohyun.

Embarrassed, Woohyun retracted his hand from Sunggyu and noticed that his cuts had been cleaned and bandaged. The mess on the floor had been cleaned up nicely too, with the phone back on the counter.

 

Woohyun laughed softly, appreciating the work this hyung has done for him. He tried to craw off the sofa, only to tip it over and push the sleeping hamster into the cold floor.

Oops.

"...YAH! IS THIS HOW YOU WAKE SOMEONE UP AT FREAKING-" Sunggyu squinted at the clock, making his eyes into tiny cat-like slits.

"It's 3 AM hyung. Sorry" Woohyun helped the grumpy man off the floor and offered an apologetic smile.

"...Never mind that. How is your hand? Does it still hurt?" Sunggyu reached out and grabbed the bandaged hand, examining his handiwork for any cuts he might have missed.

Pulling his arm back, Woohyun replied "No, thank you. It was an accident, I..."

"It's alright. You don't have to tell me." Sunggyu interrupted. "Just be careful next time. I don't want to come back here every day to clean up after you."

Woohyun's mouth stretched into a full smile, turning his eyes into tiny moon crests that Sunggyu thought were the most adorable thing he has ever seen.

Offering his bandage wrapped hand out, Woohyun said:

"Let's pretend yesterday never happened. Nice to meet you, I am Nam Woohyun."

Sunggyu avoided the outstretched hand and took up Woohyun's other hand and shook it.

"I am Kim Sunggyu. Let's be good housemates. "

"Okay!" Woohyun agreed happily.

"I should be going...my friend in the hotel is probably worried about me." Sunggyu said, heading out for the door.

"W..wait! " Woohyun stretched his arms out to stop the older man from leaving.

"...Can you...stay here for tonight? I mean, not that I want you to stay with me because I am alone or anything but I might get up in the middle of the night and drop another glass and break my other hand or the stove might burn up and then I would die here without anyone to- I mean, your friend probably is ok with you staying here for one day and the taxi and subways have stopped and you might run into a greasy hobo and join them and-" Woohyun rambled a bunch of nonsense, racking his brain for a plausible excuse to get Sunggyu to stay with him.

The moon light shone through the window and lit up Woohyun's red face. Sunggyu smirked.

"Ok I will stay. But I get the bed." With that, Sunggyu sauntered off to Woohyun's bedroom and shut the door, chuckling to himself because of Woohyun's flustered expression and the fact that he is sleeping on the same bed again.

 

Woohyun walked happily to the sofa, grinning from ear to ear. He settled down and pulled a blanket over his stomach, completely ignoring the fact that Sunggyu had moved his stuff into his bedroom.

Only when he was about to fall asleep when he remembered Sunggyu's phone and questioned how he was able to get in with his password. And the Yeollie...was it his Yeol?

 

A/N

DAMN IT ! ITS MIDNIGHT AND I HAVE A MATH TEST TOMORROW

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONG >.< SCHOOL IS TAKING OVER MY LIFE WAHHH

This (Diss) is Infinite airs tomorrow!!! I am so happy asjdhajksdhashdla MORE INFINTE ALL DAY, EVERY DAY WOO HOO!

No proofread...im sorry T.T

Since our Nam star's birthday is coming up soon, I'm going to post a special chapter dedicated to my adorable Tree namu for his birthday.

BTW, the password they have is 1004, or angel in Korean. Or BAP's comeback song :P