Chapter 13

Seeing You

Chapter 13

 

"One strawberry smoothie for Nam Woohyun, and one strawberry smoothie for Kim Sunggyu."

The two young men looked at each other in surprise.

"Wow, we ordered the same thing again?"

"Seems like it. Are you trying to copy me?"

Eunji snorted behind the counter. "What manly man drinks pink strawberry smoothies every single morning?"

"But I like strawberries!" Both of them shouted at once, offended that the girl would insult their favorite drink and their manlihood.

"..."

"..."

"BWAHAHAHAH YOU TWO ARE TOO FUNNY BWAHAHAHHAA!"

The two of them walked out of the cafe and headed toward Woohyun's car parked at the sidewalk.

"I didn't know you liked strawberry smoothies so much." Woohyun asked the other man, happily slurping the cool drink.

"Strawberries are my favorite. No reason why".

"I have a reason." Woohyun replied wistfully, thinking of the taste of the strawberry his hyung fed him when he was still blind.

"..."

"..."

"Are you not curious?"

"No. "Sunggyu replied curtly.

 

Aish how am I supposed to live with such a boring person for a month... Stupic Changmin hyung...

 

As expected , work was not the best experience for the both of them. With Ailee, Woohyun's new secretary, the young New York CEO was able to manage his work a bit more efficiently. Sunggyu was constantly nagging, pointing out that this and that should be changed in the company.

"...And stop spending so much money on the recreation center! Employees should be busy enough to not need those exercise machines!"

"But," Woohyun argued back, "they need to rest!"

"I need to rest..."

"Grandpa..." Woohyun muttered under his breath.

"What did you say???" Sunggyu whipped his head around, glaring at Woohyun.

"Nothing~~"

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

A month had passed quite fast, and Woohyun's company was able to receive significantly more profit due to Sunggyu's strict managing. Changmin was quite pleased, and he ordered the older man to stay in New York for another three month.

"But hyung~~~"

"No complaning Gyu, you are doing great!"

"But I don't want to stay here..."

"Is my brother not taking care of you well?"

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. "More like I have taken care of him. Who walks around the house half at midnight to feed the pigeons outside?"

Changmin teases, "I bet you enjoyed the sight~"

"Yeah his abs were quite go-NO I MEAN."

"Hohoho, does my cute Gyu-Gyu have a crush on my brother dearest?"

"No! I hate him!"

"Yes, you like him."

"No! I hate him!"

"Yes, you like him!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"..."

"..."

"AHAHAH I WON SUNGGYU-YAH! YOU DO LIKE HIM!"

"SHUDDUP CHANGMIN HYUNG YOU MEANIE!!!"

With a huff, Sunggyu hung up.

Why does Minnie hyung always tease me about liking every guy I came into contact with...Aish it is so frustrating...Especially...

Sunggyu's face softened, a smiling face popping into his head.

Especially since I am still looking for my Hyunnie...

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

"Here are the weekly reports from the sales department, CEO-nim." Ailee turned around to leave and was stopped by Woohyun's voice.

"Wait, sit down Ailee-sshi. I have some spare time, so let's chat!" Woohyun gestured to the sofa, and Ailee sat down to face her CEO.

"Thank you for working so hard, Ailee-sshi! I think you are the only person to have stayed here for so long without going crazy from me hehehe..." the young man said with a cute smile.

"Truthfully, you are quite hard to work for."

Woohyun winced, the statement hurting him more than he had expected.

"Don't be so mean, Ailee-sshi!"

The young secretary laughed happily. "Without other people, you will be nothing but a blind puppet!"

"..."

"...I'm sorry, did I go too far?"

Woohyun shook his head, bringing up a hand up to his eyes.

"I had been a blind puppet until the surgery, so what you said could be correct."

The secretary became flustered, standing up and bowing to the other man. "...I am so sorry! I didn't mean to-"

"No, no, it is fine." Woohyun waved his hand, indicating that he is fine.

"Now, get to work before that nagging hamst- I mean Sunggyu-sshi comes to bug you as well."

"Yes!" With that, Ailee hurried outside the room.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

It was night in New York City, and Nam Woohyun couldn't sleep again.

He finally threw back his blanket and pulled on his favorite white wifebeater along with a pair of black sweats, heading out to the balcony for some fresh air. Instead of fresh air, he found a hamster sipping coffee.

Woohyun chuckled as he stepped onto the balcony.

"Couldn't sleep?"

"Mhmm" Sunggyu murmured, his eyes concentrated on the blinking lights of New York City's midnight.

"These lights...are really pretty."

"Yeah, that is why I bought this apartment in the first place-to see the lights. They are the prettiest."

Sunggyu smiled softly, reminiscing the past and of another boy that also loved the lights.

"You know, someone else had told me the same thing before."

Woohyun turned and asked the other man, "Oh really? Who?"

"It was someone I cared deeply about. I had promised to see the lights with him when he can see, but now..." Sunggyu chuckled bitterly, lifting his coffee for another sip.

"Why didn't you come to see the lights with him then?" Woohyun asked.

"...It is late. I should try sleeping again."

"Not with all that coffee in your system, Sunggyu-sshi."

"...Good night Woohyun-sshi."

 

Sunggyu took one last look at the city's lights before stepping inside, a tear escaping from the corner of his eyes.

Why was I reminded of Hyunnie...again?

 

Woohyun lifted his face to the sky and located his favorite star.

I...want to see the lights with you, Strawberry hyung.

 

Closing their eyes, both of them prayed for the same miracle.

 

I want to see you.

 

 

A/N

WOOHYUN AND KEY'S SUBUNIT IS COMING OUT SOON!! there goes the money I saved up for the Infinite comback in June...

no proofread because of school...sorry guys 

shameless advertisement >.< here is a oneshot I had wrote a long time ago: A Beautiful Goodbye