Chapter 19

Seeing You

Chapter 19

 

The quietness of Woohyun's apartment was broken with the sound of a loud slap.

"OW! What was that for???" Sunggyu rubbed his left cheek, feeling the sting from Woohyun's slap.

"How can- how can you ask to sleep together on the first day??!" Woohyun cried. The said young man gave Sunggyu another angry glare and went inside his bedroom, slamming the door to show his frustration.

Sunggyu sighed. Rubbed his cheek. And sighed again.

It shouldn't really surprise Sunggyu that the two of them are fighting again. After coming back from the cafe, both of them were wet, but extremely happy. On the way home, Woohyun held onto Sunggyu's hand as they drove back to work, wearing a silly smile the whole time.

Tired and sleepy after coming home that day, Sunggyu took a quick shower and was eager craw into his bed. Deciding to test his luck, Sunggyu cutely asked Woohyun to share a bed with him. Of course the stupid tree would misunderstand and proceeded to slap Sunggyu on the face, too flustered and shocked.

Dragging his feet slowly across the floor towards his bedroom, Sunggyu sighed again.

Life with Nam Woohyun is going to be difficult.

 

 

Bacon. Pancakes. Food.

Food.

Sunggyu immediately opened his eyes once his brain registered the smell of breakfast in the air. Usually, Sunggyu is an early riser, waking up before anyone else and making his own breakfast. Curious and hungry, the sleepy hamster climbed off the bed and trudged along to the kitchen.

Woohyun was wearing his white wifebeater and black sweats as he stood by the stove, flipping another golden pancake to add onto the steaming pile on a plate next to the stove. The kitchen table was set for two, and there was a plate of bacon on the table giving off the delicious aroma Sunggyu smelled before.

Woohyun seems to have heard someone enter the kitchen. He turned around to find Sunggyu drooling over the plate of bacon and smiled widely.

"Good morning Gyu-hyung!" Woohyun greeted cheerfully.

Sunggyu was still a bit angry about the incident from last night, and only grunted as he moved toward the bacon.

"I'm sorry about last night." Woohyun turned off the stove and brought over the pile of pancakes to the table. He sat down in front of Sunggyu and began speaking in an annoyingly cute voice.

"I might have over reacted last night..." Sunggyu snorted at this. "So please forgive me. I hope I didn't really hurt you. Are you ok?"

Sunggyu was glad to see Woohyun so concerned, his anger drifting away instantaneously. Deciding to tease the younger man a bit, Sunggyu bit back the already forming smile and turned away from the table, crossing his arms.

Woohyun pouted. "Hyung~~~ I'm sorry!" He looked like an abandoned puppy and it melted Sunggyu's heart.

"Then promise me." Sunggyu replied, unable to contain his smile anymore. "Don't ever slap me again and actually think before acting, ok?"

Woohyun was relieved and grinned happily. "Okay! Now let's eat!"

Sunggyu bit into the pancake and his eyes widened.

"How...is it?" Woohyun asked worriedly.

Sunggyu slowly chewed. And chewed again.

Woohyun's question was answered when the hamster beamed in happiness and began shoving more pancake into his mouth, his cheeks soon puffy and stuffed.

"This," Sunggyu said with his mouth full, "is the best pancake I have ever ate."

"YAY!!!!!"  The overjoyed Woohyun jumped up and gave Sunggyu a suffocating hug.

"Yah, let me go! I wanna eat!" Sunggyu playfully complained.

"Don't wanna~ Hyung you are so cute!"

"Lemme go."

"No~"

"YAH YOU TWO TAKE THIS SOMEWHERE ELSE! I NEED TO EAT!"

Woohyun and Sunggyu sprang apart from their embrace and turned to see a freshly showered Sungjong glowering at them.

"Woohyun hyung," Sungjong shook his head and sighed "I need to eat and not have to barf up whatever I swallow because of you two."

Embarrassed, Sunggyu apologized to Sungjong and shot Woohyun a glare. Woohyun was used to his brother's attitude and just shrugged.

"Just as long as you guys don't do the deed in the kitchen, I should be fine."

"YAH!!"

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

Time passed by quite fast and it was already a month after they got together. 

At work, Sunggyu and Woohyun tried to stay away from each other and pretended like nothing has happened. They would still argue over the smallest details that no one else cares about. However, the couple would always eat lunch together behind Woohyun's locked office doors to discuss "important matters". No one was to disturb them.

All of the employees rolled their eyes when they heard. Woohyun and Sunggyu's efforts were useless.

 Whenever Woohyun is alone, his thoughts will naturally wander to his Strawberry Hyung from all those years ago. He understands that finding this miraculous person is an impossible task, and worrying about it will only act as a roadblock in his relationship with Sunggyu.

Woohyun pulled out his phone and smiled at the wallpaper, which was a picture of Woohyun throwing a heart at Sunggyu, who glared back with a murderous look in his eyes. Typing in the passcode, the man speed dialed his secretary.

"Yes, CEO-nim?" Ailee picked up after a few rings.

"The thing I have entrusted you to do... you can stop looking for him now."

"Are you sure? The newest detective promised results in a few wee-"

"No," Woohyun firmly cut in, "I am sure. Thank you for your hard work, Ailee-sshi."

The young secretary smiled and questioned "Why did you decide to stop the search now?"

Woohyun replied after a short pause.

"I don't want to be trapped in a pointless dream anymore."

 

 

Sunggyu sneezed. He brought up his hands and rubbed his red eyes. The workload Woohyun gave him was no joke. Sunggyu even discarded his dignity and showed Woohyun aigeo, but that did nothing to lessen the amount of files on Sunggyu's desk.

His monitor blinked, the text blurring into one messy blob of black goo. Squinting his small eyes even smaller, Sunggyu tried to read the same paragraph for the fifth time tonight. The tired business man was sleep deprived and a bit sick.

Sunggyu shook his head back and forth a few times to clear the hazy film of sleep from his eyes. He had an intense staring contest with the report on the page for a few more seconds until he finally gave up. Sunggyu speed dialed a number on his phone and it connected immediately. Without any greeting, Sunggyu spoke curtly into the receiver and hung up.

"Woohyun-ah, let's go home now."

Sunggyu's phone buzzed with an incoming text, but the tired hamster had slid his phone into his pocket before reading it. 

"We have a lead. Within a week, he will be found."

 

 

 

A/N

Sorry for the laaaaaaaaate update. I promise more updates next next week cuz of break~~~

I am really bad at writing fluff...so it is going to go angst-y from now on.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HAS READ, COMMENTED, AND/SUBSCRIBED TO THIS STORY!! Saranghae everyone~~ (throws namu hearts)