Butterflies

Secretly In Love

“Hey there little guy. Why the long face ?” he asked. Luhan who was still sad, lifted up his face towards Chanyeol’s and said, “ I was running here after I heard you sing about Peter Pan from there--” he pointed far towards to middle of the park “—but when I reached here you were done singing and I can’t hear the end of the song because I fell.” His round eyes was staring sadly at Chanyeol’s.

Chanyeol smiled and said, “That’s not a big problem, Luhan. Actually I was not done singing it.” Chanyeol’s reply brought a light to Luhan’s expression. He started smiling, excited with the thoughts of Chanyeol singing about Peter Pan again.

Chanyeol looked at Sung Ah and signal her to come closer. Sung Ah, who was too absorbed watching the scene before, was caught at the scene and was quite blank. ‘Me?’ she mouthed to Chanyeol, still stuck on her place.

Seeing her impression, Chanyeol shook his head to himself for a few times. Why did she has to be this cute, he wheezes internally. He scooched up closer towards her, and handed Luhan to her arms.

 

“Hold him for a sec, okay?” he said before leaning towards his end of the bench, where he put his guitar. Chanyeol then turn to the crowds of kids in front of them and asked, “Do you guys know the story  of Peter Pan?” Most of the kids nodded excitedly and some of them even straighten up their postures in anticipation. The kids’ reactions made Chanyeol smiled, his heart was overwhelming with passion towards those kids, and he continued, “I used to wish that I could be Peter Pan because I don’t want to grow up, and every day I was quite unhappy with my growth and increasing height. But I said to myself, ‘Hey, at least our ears look alike !’ “ he touched his left ears to show how pointy and big his ears were. The kids broke into laughter because of the act and even Sung Ah agreed with that. The laughter calmed down and Chanyeol continued. “But one day,I saw my Wendy for the first time—“ slowly Chanyeol turned his head towards his right, and looked into Sung Ah’s bright, hazel eyes,maintaining the eyes contact “—and I remembered thinking that I’m glad I didn’t stayed permanent in time, or else I won’t get a chance to meet her.” By this point, Sung Ah was startled and her eyes was widened twice the original size. Seeing her reaction, Chanyeol abruptly turned his attention towards, Luhan, pretending that it was him he was talking to all along. Seeing Luhan smiled because of the attention, Chanyeol returned his focus to his guitar. After a few strums, he started singing the song, bringing happiness and delight to the kids’ hearts, and Luhan and even Sung Ah.

   

                               

 

 

Sung Ah kept frowning her eyebrows on her way back from the park which made Chanyeol curious of the reason. They were walking side by side right now, and Sung Ah seems so lost in her thoughts that she forgot that Chanyeol was beside her. She was also oblivious to the fact that Chanyeol was staring.

“Ermm..Sung Ah? Are you okay ?” Chanyeol asked, trying to enlighten the quiet atmosphere. Sung Ah who was too succumbed in her thoughts, startled when she heard the deep voice of his. Can he not do that ? Every time he speaks I still can’t believe that that voice was his. She thought to herself.  Oh God. I should stop thinking about his voice or I’m gonna end up blurting it out to him.

“Oh yeah.  I’m fine.”

The answer was not satisfying enough for Chanyeol. He knew something was bothering her. The moment after she replied, she was absorbed in her own thought again, and Chanyeol could not stop thinking about how cute her serious face was. Okay. This has to stop or I might end up losing control.

Chanyeol strided three big steps forward and stopped in  front of Sung Ah, facing her hoping that she would stop her steps so that he could ask her what was actually going on but unfortunately she was too oblivious that she kept on walking and before Chanyeol could say something to stop her, her face was already on his chest. She accidentally bumped into Chanyeol.

Chanyeol was speechless. Sung Ah was dumbfounded. Both of them were in a deep state of shock that none of them actually moved. After ten long seconds, Sung Ah felt a rush of blood running onto her cheeks and she stepped backward, her hands moving up to cover her cheeks. Seeing Sung Ah’s reactions, Chanyeol finally realized what exactly was happening and he turned to the left, his left hand gripping the holder of his guitar case tightly and he touched the nape of his neck with his right hand, a habit signalling that he was embarrassed. The embarrassment was too overwhelming that he started to panic. 

“I-I’m sorry. I was actually gonna ask you about what’s bothering you, and then I realized that you were too absorbed in it, and I decided to ask you upfront, that explains why I stopped in front of you and I swear I don’t know th at—“ Chanyeol stopped talking abruptly when the most melodious laughter interrupt his so called explanation. He turned towards, the its direction, and there she was. He saw the most beautiful scenery ever, his crush of years was laughing gracefully while trying to cover it with her hand, but failed. They were tears in her eyes. Chanyeol could not help but to stare. His eyes were rounded. He was confused and happy at the same time.

Sung Ah stopped laughing. She took a deep breathe to ease out her remaining laughter and finally explained.

“I’m sorry Chanyeol. You were blabbering and I couldn’t help to laugh because you’re panicking when there was nothing to be panic about!”

Chanyeol  felt relieved. And it was safe to say that Chanyeol was not the only one who felt the butterflies in his tummy.