Nice To Know You

Secretly In Love

They reached Kai’s café ten minutes later, their body damp from the heavy rain. Chanyeol put the umbrella on the rack in front of the café, specially provided to hang wet umbrellas. Sung Ah was standing beside him, while trying to flick away the raindrops that were caught on her dress. Their arrival caught Kai’s attention, and he immediately came to the scene.

“ Hei Chanyeol. Hi Sung Ah. Where are you guys from ?” He asked. Sung Ah replied, “ Oh, hei Kai. We’re from the traffic light right on the main road.”

Kai lifted his left eyebrow. “ Urmm. Okay. But why are you guys together ?” His question earned him a nudge from Chanyeol. This guy is gonna blew my secret off ! Chanyeol thought to himself.

“Ohh. Him ? I met Chanyeol while waiting for the traffic light and he was getting wet from the rain. I recognised his uniform and offered to share my umbrella with him. And now I know that he’s also my classmate ! Cool right ?,” Sung Ah explained, unaware that Kai was giving Chanyeol a ‘yeah right’ look on his face.

“Okay you guys. Since Chanyeol is freezing and wet, how about if both of you sit together until he’s dry enough to work ? I’ll bring you guys both a cup of hot choc. My treat.” Kai gave them both a wink and walked away before both of them can say anything.

Chanyeol’s mind was in a blank state for a moment. He’s leaving me together with her ? Oh my. Oh dear. I love you Kai ! Chanyeol was still contemplating with himself when Sung Ah told him to find a table for both of them. Chanyeol nodded and looked around for a while until he saw a vacant table right beside the window. He pointed the table to Sung Ah and she followed him towards the table. Both of them adjusted their seating posture comfortably. Then Kai arrived with two black mugs in his hand.

 “ Here you go. Two hot chocolate for our regular customer and my favourite worker,” he said, smiling.

“ He is ? Wow Chanyeol. You must be a real hardworker for him to favour you more,” Sung ah commented. Then she looked at Kai and said, “Kai, why don’t you join both of us and we’ll have a group chat right here ?”

Kai gave Chanyeol a look before answering, “I’d love to, but I have customers to serve. See you guys later, okay ?” Park Chanyeol. You owe me big time. He smirked.

Seeing Kai walked away, Sung Ah smiled and grabbed the hot choc and took a sip. The taste of the sweet chocolate dissolve right through . Perfect for this cold, damp weather, she thought. Just as she put her mug down, she noticed Chanyeol gaze on her. At first she was quite shocked, but then, the longer she stared back at him, the more she felt connected to him. There’s something about his stare that made her attracted to it. The she realized that she was staring at him, so she broke off the stare by starting a conversation.

“So… what is it with you and Euphoria ? Do you really like to read or it’s just a one time thing ?” she asked. Chanyeol was too caught up with his excitement that he kind of froze. Seeing Chanyeol in a blank state with his eyes open wide, Sung Ah broke into a smile before pointing to the magazine on the table with . Chanyeol blinked thrice before realizing what she meant.

“Ahh. I don’t really read whenever I have free time, usually I’ll spend it with my guitar or piano. But I love reading. This magazine is one of my indulgence.” Right after he finished his explanation, Chanyeol twitched his face, grinning. Seeing Chanyeol’s gleeful grin was creepy for Sung Ah at first, but right now, she was starting to get the hang of it. In fact, she might like it.

Oh crap. She quit talking and just stare at me. I must be freaking her her with this stupid smile of mine. Great. Chanyeol cursed himself. He mentally slapped himself while gripping the mug on the table.

“You play instruments too ? Seriously Chanyeol, you should let me see you play ‘em one day.” Sung Ah just can’t help it. She loves to watch those who are talented in music. I mean, she can write, and she can probably sing a little, but she always wanted to play a piano. But her parents would not let her go to music classes since she was little, so she just let that passion of her slips away slowly.

“Sure. If you really want to see me play, I could find a time to show you what I’ve got. But serious, tho. I’m not really that great, so don’t expect too much,” Oh my God. She actually wants to spend more time with me. Chanyeol was trying so hard not to leap from happiness.

“How about tomorrow ? Do you have an evening shift tomorrow ?” Sung Ah asked.

“Yeah. My shift is 8 to 11pm. So, where do you want to hang out ?”

Chanyeol’s question brought Sung Ah back to the real situation. Did I just said that I want to hang out with him. What is happening, Sung Ah ? You have never been this giddy and carefree to hang out with someone you just knew. But technically, he was your classmates for more than one year, so.. I guess there’s nothing to lose. Besides, you really want to watch someone play an instrument up close, right ? Sung Ah contemplated for a while.

“Urmm. I’m not sure. How about this-“ Sung Ah searched for something in her bag. She brought out a piece of paper and a pen and scribbled something on it. “—here’s my number. I don’t really know where to but if you have somewhere in mind, you can text me.” She added a smile while giving the paper to Chanyeol. He looked hesitant before he took the paper away.

“Thanks, Sung Ah.” Chanyeol mumbled. He was actually still trying to grasp what is really happening. Sung Ah shared her umbrella with me. She walked all the way here with me. She sits on a table with me. She wanted to see me play my guitar. She gave me her phone number. HOLY ! Chanyeol was completely zoning out. He was about to mentally do a backflip out of excitement when he heard Anna’s calling him from the counter.

“I guess I have to go. N-nice knowing you. I mean, it’s nice to get a chance to actually talk to you. See you later, Sung Ah.” Before Sung Ah can open to say something, Chanyeol already ran off.

Sung Ah smiled. Nice to know you too, Chanyeol.

 

 

A/N: Oh my God. I am sooo sorry for the late update. I've been busy with exam and life T-T btw, have you guys bought Exo's first box ? OMG I would die to have one ORZ

special thanks to Neighbourhood96 , shineesymptoms and blackwhite for being my first subbies. I LOVE YOU and I cant tell you how much this means to me <3