Speechless

Secretly In Love

Sung Ah woke up to the blasting sound of her phone ringtone. Who the hell called in this early morning ? She thought to herself right after she opened her eyes. She grabbed her phone on the desk beside her bed. She was about to pick up the call when it stopped ringing. She took a deep breath before looking at her phone again. Seven missed calls. Anonymous ? Whose number is this ?  She was about to call the unknown number but then she got a glimpse of the time. WHAT? 7.35 am ? I’m gonna be late ! Without thinking any further she got out of her bed and went rushing to the bathroom.

 

 Fifteen minutes later, Sung Ah was jogging slightly to ensure she arrived school right on time. She can’t afford being late again, and she slept late last night to finish an article that she wanted to submit to the publisher. Sung Ah forgot to set up her alarm again. Right after she went through the school gates, just in time, she heard someone called her name. Searching around her for the source of the voice, she spotted a tall, lanky figure under a tree three metres away. It was Chanyeol. He waved at her before walking towards her.

“Hey. I’m glad you came just in time. I succeeded in waking you up, right ?” Chanyeol asked. It took Sung Ah a while to contemplate what exactly Chanyeol meant, but then she remembered about the missed calls and her eyes went wild and she gasped.

“You’re the anonymous ? How did you know I had trouble waking up in the morning ?” she asked. Some part of her starting to creep out.

Chanyeol was contemplating about the question. Should I just tell her the truth ? “Urmm. Once I was in charge of the gates and you almost get caught for being late. Then I let you in.” Yeah. That was partially right. What he didn’t say was that he knew Sung Ah always came in late and that everytime Seohyun was in charge, she sure wouldn’t give Sung Ah a chance to get away and she would ends up having another detention session. Chanyeol couldn’t bear to see it anymore, so he started to volunteer to take charge guarding the gates in the morning.

“Oh, I remember ! You’re that guy who let off the hook !” Sung Ah smiled. “Thanks, Chanyeol. I really appreciate it. I don’t wanna go into detention again. How can I ever repay you ?” Yeah. How can I ever ? I just barely know you but you already did so much for me.

Chanyeol broke off to a big grin. “Ahh. It’s nothing. But if you want  to repay me, come to the park in front of the school this evening. I wanna show you something.” Chanyeol said, his eyes gazing directly to Sung Ah. He was wearing his puppy eyes, the one which nobody can resist, and he blushed slightly, making his fair cheek turned pink.

Sung Ah was dumbfounded. She blinked a couple of times before realizing that she was directly staring into Chanyeol’s eyes. Those big, wide hopeful eyes. Why can’t I say anything right now ? She tried to open , but to her avail, nothing came out of it. So she gave a small cough before trying again. “Ye-yeah. Sure. Wh-what time do you want me to come ?”

Chanyeol eyes almost popped out of joy. He was grinning again. That twitching creepy grin. “Really ? Whoa. Erm. Let’s see. How about 4.30 pm today ? My shift ends at 4.15pm.”

“Deal !”

And both of them started walking side by side to their class, chatting and laughing together.

 

It was 4.13pm, and Chanyeol was preparing to end his shift. He was fidgeting right now, and he was trying everything he can to calm himself down. Shoot. This is nerve wrecking ! Relax Chanyeol. It’s only a meet up at the park. It’s not a date. So you don’t have to feel this nervous. Not a date. Not. A. Dat-“

“Are you having a date after this ?” Chanyeol was too surprised as he was too caught up with his mind that he literally jumped a little. He turned around and he was greeted by Kai who was trying to hold his laughter.” Oh my, you ARE going on a date !” he squealed. Much like a girl to Chanyeol’s opinion.

“I am not going on a date and why are you so excited about this ?” Chanyeol asked, lifting his left eyebrows.

“Of course I am excited ! You don’t know how suffocating it is to watch you stare at her everytime she came here and sit on that table, ignoring everything around her, and how I have to pretend and lie about the treats every single time and let’s not start about how you whine about her not acknowledging your existe-“

“I did not whine, okay. Never. Okay maybe a little.” Chanyeol gave a sheepish grin. Then his expression became serious again. “ But this is still not a date, okay ? We’re just meeting at the park because she wanted to see me play the guitar.” And I’m gonna sing her a song or two and try to impress her.

“Ohh. So you’re just gonna meet her at the park and play the guitar for her, which for me sounds like a perfect date plan.” Kai gave Chanyeol a smirk before he walks away.

Chanyeol was left speechless.

 

---------------------------------------------

A/N : Hi ! OMG I am soooo sorry coz I can't update frequently and I knowww this is kinda like a pointless chapter but I really need a looong time to write and about Chanyeol and Sung Ah's meeting coz I wanna let it be something sweet and cute but Imma a hopeless romantic so I dont know what to write ORZ

Any ideas ? teehee :P

btw thanks to bomajusshi, neighbourhood96 , shineesymptoms and blackwhite for not leaving and staying with me . You dont know how much I appreciate you guys mmmuahh <3 and special shout out for meq andyodoreu, I LOVE YOU and please let me know your username I wanna read your fanfic tooooo kbaii