Peter Pan

Secretly In Love

 

 

In the midst of the spring season where the flowers bloom and the air is filled with warmth and passion, Sung Ah sat on  a bench on the park whilst her mp3 was playing Epik’s High Love Love Love. She played with her feet, where the tip of her shoes touched the grass slightly as she did that. Then she heard children’s laughters across the park, where a bunch of them are playing tags and looked perfectly happy. Without realising, the tips of her lips lifted, exposing her rare smile. And again, she was oblivious that there’s another pair of eyes watching her by her side.

 

“ Hey. Sorry I’m late. I had to meet the classroom teacher beacuse he wanted to rearrange my schedule to guard the school’s gate,” a sudden deep voice came out of nowhere, or at least that’s what Sung Ah thought as she looked towards the source of the sound. Chanyeol was standing next to the bench that she was sitting on. Sung Ah took off her headphone and sled it off his head.

“ It’s…”- Sung Ah lifted her wrist and took a glance on her watch, “ 4.33pm and you’re three minutes late. You definitely have to make up for that.” She was actually joking but then she noticed the change in Chanyeol’s expression.

“Urmm. I am really sorry th-tha…” Oh God I’m such a screw up. She’s totally gonna hate me. Chanyeol was mentally cursing himself that he started rambling out of panic when suddenly she heard a melodious laugh.

“ Oh, come on,Chanyeol ! I was just trying to pull your leg. You surely expecting that coming out of a girl who always got detention because she always comes late to school ?” She said before continuing her giggles.

 

Chanyeol was dumbfounded. Nope, not because he fell for her trick, but he was mesmerised when he saw how agile Sung Ah was when she was laughing. Few seconds after she broke into a laughter, she would cup to cover . That was so. . .addictive to him.  Chanyeol was oblivious that he was zoned out again.

“Hey Chanyeol. Are you okay ?” Sung Ah waved her hand in front of his face.

“Uh uh. Y-yeah. Sorry I was distracted by something.” Yes. By your beauty.

Sung Ah stared at Chanyeol for awhile. “Perhaps you should sit first.” She moved herself to the leftside of the bench and Chanyeol just stared blankly at her as she did so. Only then he realized he had been standing all the time. Chanyeol sled his guitar casing off his back and put it on the ground while leaning it on the bench and sat next to Sung Ah.

 

“ So, what song were you listening before ?” Chanyeol asked out of curiosity. Sung Ah stared at the mp3 in her hold and answered. “It’s Love Love Love by –“ “—Epik High,” Chanyeol continued her words and they looked at each other before they burst into laughter. A moment later silence engulfed them but it was weird how both of them did not feel any awkwardness between them.

Chanyeol suddenly remembered about his guitar. He opened the guitar case and took it out. “I have something to show you,” he said. Sung Ah raised his left eyebrow out of amazement.

 Chanyeol He glanced at Sung Ah before tuning his guitar. Sung Ah smiled at him, as a gesture of support.

To say that he was nervous was an understatement. Not because he’s going to sing in front of strangers that were strolling, playing in the park, no. He was born extrovert, and if anything, he was not nervous of that. But the fact that right now he is sitting beside Sung Ah , his crush for more than a year, and trying to sing a poem turned to song that he never even let anyone heard before, made his blood rushed towards his face. “Here goes nothing”, he murmured.

 

“ I’ll go looking for you to Neverland

by following Tinkerbell

Who was sent by the memories

At that place

you and I are smiling at each other”

 

By the time Chanyeol sang the first verse of the song, the kids who were playing at the middle of the park stopped and put on their ears. Chanyeol’s singing caught their attention and they slowly approached Chanyeol and Sung Ah. They sat together in an arc on the ground right before the bench.

Seeing those kids, Chanyeol broke into a grin before continuing his singing.

 

“I am the eternal Peter Pan

  man who has stopped in time

I may be clumsy but I loved you so much

And I will run to you”

 

Sung Ah was surprised. He never thought that the deep baritone voice of the boy sitting besides her could be so melodious. She was too mesmerised in her thought when suddenly a wailing voice was heard.

A little boy, who was left out from the crowd was crying because apparently he stumbled upon a rock and fell down. Sung Ah stood up but before she could move Chanyeol was already  jogging slightly towards the little boy, his guitar was left leaning on the bench. He picked him up and came back to sit at his previous place.

 

“Are you okay, kiddo ? Are you hurt somewhere ?” Chanyeol asked. The boy, who was know sitting on Chanyeol’s lap, was holding his sobs from coming out, pointed at his knees. Chanyeol examined the boy’s knees and he blew some air at the said knees. Proven ticklish, the boy giggled and he forgot his pain for a while.

“That’s more like it,” Chanyeol said as he wept the remaining tears on his cheeks. “What’s your name, kiddo ?”

“Lu-Luhan. My name is Luhan.” The said boy answered, his wide round eyes was still teary. His voice was kind of hoarse, the result of his wailing previously.

“Okay Luhan, there is no wound or cuts, and I blew the pain away, so you’re good now.” Chanyeol said to the little boy. Luhan nodded slowly at first and smiled, but after a few seconds, his expression fell off and he slumped his shoulder while looking at the ground. Realizing that something was bothering the poor soul, he tilted his head towards him.

 

_______________________________________________________

AN : Oh God I'm really really sorry for the loooooong hiatus T-T I just lost my motivation to write, and yeah I know no one probably read this,but hey,I had fun writing it :)

thank you so much for those who stay :*