Anticipation

Torn

 

 

What could be this… thrill that’s happening inside my heart? I feel like my whole insides are filled with butterflies, it’s not a bad feeling… on the contrary it’s wonderful

 

A wide grin never left his face as he made his way towards the tower, thoughts on seeing Seung Ri after encountering Seunghyun felt such relief that he couldn’t stop himself from hurrying. “I’m… about to see him again

 

Seung Ri at the other hand was waiting in idle at the same spot they were a night ago, a wide spread smile in his face as he looked at the glistening tower. Though his smile wasn’t meant for how the tower had shined in his eyes, but the way Jiyong’s smile out shined it that evening.

 

A strong feeling was rushing inside the pit of his stomach, again with this strange feeling, he embraced it. Wondrous is what he thinks of it. “That night… as I watched Jiyong look at the tower… I saw a part of him, I saw something that his heart cherished the most… a dream he one day, wants to fulfil”

 

As he continued to talk to himself, he didn’t notice Jiyong approaching. Once Ji got Ri at sight, he paused and looked at him from a distance. An outburst of something warm inside of him that he couldn’t convey, he was still unsure on what it could possibly be but in his thoughts, Seung Ri was the first to have made him experience such thing.

 

“Have I made you wait for long?” Ji spoke out and catching Ri’s attention, his smiled grew at seeing him “No, not really… I’m glad you still had the time to meet” he approached him slowly, “It’s the least I could do right?” they both snickered.

 

They walked around same as they did that night but this time something was different, they felt at eased with each other. It wasn’t like they weren’t doing well the night before but, it seemed that they’ve known each other for a long time that having each other around made a good atmosphere between them.

 

“So… we’re you busy with work?” Ji asked shyly, “Well, I’d lie if I’d say I’m not… but its fine, I’m quite used to it actually. You don’t know how much I needed some time to stretch out” he kidded as they walked side by side, “How ‘bout you? We’re you working a while ago?” he asked back.

 

Ji seemed a bit tensed but, “N-No… I’m on a leave right now so I wouldn’t be working by the 28th so I still have some time to…” he held it up and looked at Seung Ri’s eyes for a moment before continuing “Go around and stuff…” he heard Ri sigh in relief, “Good… I thought I was disturbing you or some sort. If you were working tomorrow I shouldn’t have bothered” Ji shook his head.

 

“No, you wouldn’t, I mean… what’s a few minutes or an hour or so to go by?” Ri couldn’t help but to smile at the way he spoke in a cute way. “W-What… is there something funny with my face?” he felt his cheeks starting to heat up, “Not exactly but, the way you talk right now… no offense but, it’s rather adorable”

 

With that Ji’s face went beet red, “You don’t have to be shy… I’m fine with that” Ji blinked rapidly, “No… it’s not that… well, I ah…” he couldn’t think straight.

 

Aigoo Jiyong! What’s going on with you… don’t make things go obvious or at least hide that you haven’t experienced being with someone… this is what happens when a guy lacks of relationship! When you find for someone they won’t come and woo you and now when you’re down and unprepared uncertain things happen right in front of you!

 

Anyways… Seung Ri… somehow, he seems… very approachable and somewhat ideal to what I’d prefer to and~ yah! Enough… Seung Ri’s a friend… (He felt a certain disappointment) yeah… he’s… just a friend

 

“I’ve dated guys before… so you don’t have to feel shy or unease when I compliment you like that” with what Jiyong heard broke his chain of thought, “W-What?” he needed to hear it again, “I’ve dated with guys and I actually got into a relationship with one before, we lasted at least a year before we decided things weren’t working out between us”

 

Ri looked at him with a warm smile plastered in his face but still manage to portray his seriousness in his words, “I have to admit that I nearly fell in love with a guy before but luckily he showed his true colours and I managed to save myself from oblivion, I’ve moved on and thought that… people like me, well people that has the same ual preferences like me tends to have problems on having a stable relationship”

 

Ji couldn’t believe Ri had opened up to him like that, he wasn’t sure on how to answer, heck he didn’t know how it even feels to have a relationship. What more could a person like him comfort a guy who just recovered from a broke relationship, “I… I’m sorry to hear~” Ri didn’t let him finish.

 

“No, I just wanted to make things clear between us… that this is the person your with right now. I’ve dealt with this ever since I was about to graduate for college, I wanted to point this out straight on so you can decide whether you’d still tag along with me or not” sadly, Ji felt that Ri wanted to know if he’s willing to be with him or not but in a mannerly way.

 

Ri raised a brow as Ji was starting to laugh, he felt a bit offended by the way Ji was taking the situation “S-Sorry… I just can’t hold it in that’s all…” for a moment Ri was in the verge of just storming off but when Ji finally gotten over his laugher, “You see, I wouldn’t neglect a person or move away from them just because they have an eye for the same gender” a good comeback.

 

“I always look at a person’s heart and nothing else, because in this world… only few have a heart of a real person. If I were to choose in whether I’d be with a hot and y straight male star and you” he eyed Ri in a jokingly way and Ri finally broke out a giggle, “I’d have some second thoughts if he was totally hot thought…” Ri then started laughing and Ji was chuckling.

 

“But seriously, I’d rather choose you” at his answer, it stopped Ri. “W-Why…?” Ji didn’t answer yet and walked away for a moment, he turned his back on him as stared once again at the magnificent glow of the tower’s lights. That’s when Ri’s heart pounced and blood rushing all throughout his veins, the same majestic feel.

 

“Because, a person like you only comes once in a life time… if I were to let you slip away, I know I’d regret it” a second or two, Ri’s heart stopped. The whole worlds seemed to have stopped as well, everything became blurred and the only thing his eyes were able to focus on was Jiyong, no one else but him.

 

With an elegant turn, Ji faced him once more “But of course as a dear friend…” he smiled brightly, “Y-Yeah… I think I’d also feel so utterly regretful to have let you pass” he snickered “But wait, since you made it clear that you like guys… I think I can also tell you…” he started to blush slightly and he bit a lip before speaking up, “I too… have interests on guys”

 

Ji felt bizarre that Seung Ri started to laugh and not just a plain one but a hard and carefree laugh, as he watched him do so, it seemed contiguous that he was starting to feel ticklish inside of him. Little by little he started to laugh along with him.

 

 

At the meantime

 

 

Seunghyun was still at the bar and Taeyang was nowhere in sight, it wasn’t because Tae wanted to just leave. Seunghyun understood that he has his own priorities set so he wouldn’t make him stay for more than he wanted him to.

 

He was already drunk but he was still trying to finish off the remaining liquor inside the bottle, “I… just wanted to make my dad happy… that even the cost were to be Chaerin herself” he muttered to himself, “She’s valuable but, so is my dad’s happiness… I don’t… want to let him down” he started to sob but still poured some more in his glass and got a gulp of it.

 

“I promise you Chaerin… to make up for what had happened between the two of us… I’ll make him cry ten folds… I’ll make him fall for me, I’ll make him love me like no one else can! I’ll… grab hold of his heart and once I do… I’ll stab it little by little and make him bleed out the same amount of pain as you and I had to go through”

 

“I swear… I will…” he took another shot before he collapsed on his table, his consciousness started to drift away as his drowsiness got the better of him.

 

Back to the two

 

Both of them were currently standing at side of Seung Ri’s car, they were both about to bid themselves goodbye but Ri told him to come along with him for a moment, “So, what’s this for?” he questioned the way Ri was smiling a bit mysteriously “Just something…” he coyly said.

 

He opened his car and took out something and Ji felt eager to see it before he even brought it out, “W-What’s this” he surprisingly looked at the box wrapped in a glistening ribbon, “Can you just open it to know?” he grinned and handed it out to him, “You know, you never stop donating something to the poor” he joked.

 

“Who says you’re poor? By the looks of it, you’re filthy rich… with love and care from your family that is” they both gave a laugh and Ji started to open up the box. “W-wow… I-I don’t know what to say, I mean…” from a grateful look turned to a disappointed one, “W-why what’s wrong? I thought you’d like it” he felt awful at the way Ji’s reaction shifted.

 

“I do… I really do like it” he was confused, “Then why the sudden face?” he took a deep breath “Well, I mean… the coat, the scarf, the rescue at the coffee shop and the lift to the hospital… that’s already too much gift that I don’t know how to repay you back” Ri shook his head.

 

“No… it’s me who wants to present these things, all I expect is that you’d accept it” Ji smiled in a kind way and closed the box, “There are things in life that a person can embrace and accept but not everything should be taken… I’m not a materialistic person; I don’t get satisfaction on having things around me”

 

He handed the box back to him, “But I am a person who embraces and accepts a real friend that would look after me, a person like you is someone I’d be thankful most to have” in a way, Ri’s dismay subsided. “Sorry for giving you too much” Ji smiled whole-heartedly “You should also receive the same amount of care you’re giving, don’t worry… I’ll make it up for you”

 

With that they’ve said their later, as they parted Ri’s eyes couldn’t stop but to take some glimpse of Ji’s car. He didn’t want him to leave yet but that’s just things would go, he looked at the box once again and opened it. He pulled out a Rolex watch, “I guess, you’ll have to wait till he accepts you”

 

At the same time, Jiyong’s mind is running back what happened. He wanted to recall the odd feeling he had started to cultivate with having Seung Ri with him, the vast sensations that’s triggered off inside his mind and body, that warm and comfortable feel inside of him that never ceases to make him feel safe and sound.

 

And then when his mind to the part that Ri opened up about his uality all of a sudden, he wasn’t disappointed or anything nor was he glad. He was just wondering why out of nowhere did Seung Ri just felt so at eased with him that he’d say something like that especially something about his past and stuff and up to the point where he even wanted to present him with an expensive watch.

 

Deep inside he was moved with the way he was that kind and open but he wasn’t sure how to deal with something like that. He was still innocent in having a relationship with someone, he wasn’t aware of what certain things would lead to but he knows one thing. If he were to fall in love, he’d definitely choose to love someone or probably in specific Seung Ri.

 

Just a few minutes his phone rang, he took it out and looked at it as the red light glowed. “Who’s this?” he didn’t saw an ID name on the caller, “Hello?” he heard some music in the background, “Hello, is this the person’s friend or something?”

 

“What? Who is this?” his mind was baffled “I’m sorry to have disturbed you, this was the ID name he asked me to call” the other person said, “W-What…? I don’t even got this number registered in my phone, what more could I know about the person who owns the phone” he rolled his eyes, “W-Wait a minute he’s saying something…” a moment of no response.

 

The light then turned green and he took his turn, “Okay, what he said was, he wants you to pick him up here” he raised a brow and gasped, “Who the hell does he thinks he is?” he retorted, he then heard the phone got snagged, “You better get your here and pick me up, if you don’t I’ll make our engagement party rough for you” he sounded slur but the familiarity in the voice was clear as day.

 

“S-Seunghyun?” he dreaded to ask, “You got it babe” he answered back with a chuckle, “W-What makes you think that I’d go there and fetch you?” he rudely spoke, “Two things… I’ll be ing on you even worse if you don’t pick me up and second I’ll be the only guy you’ll be spending your life with” Ji gritted his teeth.

 

“You can drive on your own!” he yelled, “If I were to die in a car accident, I hope you have the conscience to forgive yourself. Plus I’ll haunt you for the rest of your cursed life!” he yelled back at the last part. Ji groaned in defeat, “Fine, stay where you are” he then disconnected the call and made a U-turn, “This guy… he’s ULTIMATELY a HATEFUL man”

 

Just when I thought that this night would end perfectly… when I finally felt myself calm down from that frustration you gave me and this is what I still get? You’re a total Seunghyun… in any way I’d look at it you’re the biggest dickheaded I’ve ever met in my entire life!

 

Come… I’ll definitely win your heart… and once I do, you’ll regret your existence yourself. I’ll make you feel so much regret that you might either leave on your own or commit suicide for all I know, be ready… I won’t be gentle