One step towards chaos

Torn

It’s been 3 weeks ever since Seung Ri did something that Seunghyun would rage about. I’ve haven’t seen a shadow of the guy nor have I heard from him. It was like he vanished along with his threat… and about the incident that Seung Ri did… I kept it from Seunghyun since I know it’s far better off that way.

 

Jiyong was sitting in idle at the couch, he was totally faze out from the show that was airing at the TV. “I wonder what Seunghyun’s doing right now? It’s 8 in the evening and he’s still not here yet” he frowned at the thought. “I hope he doesn’t go on an all-night review again… the last time he did that he feel asleep all throughout his day off…

 

He sighed at what was going on in their relationship. Although he was fully aware that Seunghyun is doing his best to be the next successor of their family business, he still felt a bit off knowing that they’re starting to have a gap between each other.

 

Seunghyun rarely comes home or drop by in a consistent time. He sometimes forgets schedules they have for each other and he’s starting to miss out a few phone calls because of his tight schedule. There were times that Jiyong understood the consequences of having a boyfriend that’s inheriting such a business, well he knows that by a fact but after experiencing such need for his partner he felt a bit set aside.

 

He often thought of applying for the company and being able to be there near him but he knows that it’s not the environment he wanted. Above all he didn’t want to be seen as the fiancé of the boss so he thought it’d be better to make most of the lone time they have with each other but, there wasn’t much time between them.

 

At that moment the door creaked and Ji’s eyes lit up as he rushed towards the door but only to be disappointed on seeing Daesung taking his shoes off. “You look like you lost the lotto there… were you expecting someone?” Ji sighed out and crouched as he began to lazily walk back to the couch. “If you miss Seunghyun, why not call him?” he suggested.

 

“His phone is either off or out of coverage… I don’t know…” he meekly spoke. “How ‘bout visiting him at his office? You do have a car and you’re more than welcome at the hotel” he followed Ji towards the living room. “I don’t wanna be a bother if I so happen to barge right in there while he’s doing his work” Dae rolled his eyes.

 

“So you’re going to act stupid here huh?” he sat at the chair by the couch as he watch Ji slouch at his seat.

 

“Is there another option?”

 

“More like, is there anything you’re not pushing yourself away with… you act as if you’re ban from visiting him while he’s doing his job” he clarified.

 

“Isn’t that a fact?” he pouted. “You’re the exact opposite of what I’ve used to know”

 

“I’m a wreck without him…” he sounded gloomy, “You told me that you were still having some time with each other… what’s to be a wreck about?” Ji looked at Dae miserably. “Give or take 2 to 3 hours max, dates are usually needed to be consulted with the assistant and the dinner time with each other… I don’t even know how to get him to stay for long”

 

“He’s so busy with his work that, I feel so far from him and it’s like we’ve slowly drifted from each other… yes, I understand that he’s trying to make his dad proud and happy for him~” he took a look at Dae to show him his true words, “But aren’t I as important as his job? I’m not just his boyfriend… I’m also his fiancé, the guy he’ll be living with for the rest of his life…”

 

“There’s no point on crying over something like this Ji… sorry for the crude words but, get a grip and look at reality. He has lots of things to take care of and you’re also one of them… even if he tried to show how important you are to him, he can’t because he has his hands tied… listen, just be more patient and understanding. I know this’ll pass” he wanted Ji to adjust to the situation and not make a fuss about it.

 

“So to easily say, I’m just second in his priorities… huh… I thought that I was his prior…” he couldn’t believe how much he was taking it at heart. “Ji that’s not what I meant~” Ji cut him off, “I did my very best to stop myself from acting like this but… I can’t hold out much longer. I can’t always miss him and long for him… I can’t always wish he’d be beside me whenever I feel lonely… I can’t always wonder what he’s doing before he calls or comes here. I just can’t”

 

“Ji…!” Jiyong got up and marched right out of his apartment. He didn’t listen to Dae’s calling “Where are you going? It’s late!” he tried his best but after hearing the door shut, he knows very well Ji didn’t listen to him. “Oh God don’t let that guy do something stupid or such” he pleaded.

 

Jiyong got himself at the parking lot and drove off the road with no coherent thought of where he’s going. He just figured it’ll lessen his stress and frustration if he’s not in his apartment thinking. “I love you…” the words in which Seunghyun told him. “I thought those words would be enough but… I guess I also need you around rather than just hearing it…” he drove around for about an hour until he stopped by the shops at the street.

 

He parked at the side and got out to take a walk. “I always thought that after hearing “I love you” from you, I’d be content and I’ll be able to hold out whenever you’re gone but… there’s a hole inside me each time you’re not there beside me… I feel so miserable and frustrated that I often wanted to call you and tell you to get your right here with me” he was threatening to cry but he fended off the feeling.

 

“You come by late and have to leave early first thing in the morning. You never call back or even send a text message when I ask you if you’re going to meet me up or visit… I don’t know what to think about each time that happens…” he kept exerting the words that were kept inside him.

 

“Sounds like you’re at your limit…” the voice broke the chain of thought in Jiyong’s head. He stopped on his tracks and looked around and found Seung Ri sitting outside a coffee shop with a wide grin in his face. “W-What are you doing here?” he confusingly asked.

 

“Having something to warm me up… why? Is there a crime to drink at this place at this time of the night?” he jokingly questioned. “No… w-what I mean to say… were you here coincidentally or something?” Ri nodded.

 

“You seemed troubled… would you like some tea or coffee to soothe you’re messed up mind?” he offered and Ji was having lots of doubt “I… I rather not” he was about to back out but, “I guess you don’t remember where we’re talking right now. I feel a bit disappointed on that…” Ji raised a brow.

 

“What do you mean?” he looked around and it seemed quite familiar.

 

“Oh come on… don’t tell me you can’t tell that this was the place we first met. The first day I saw the guy that I’ll love…” Ji immediately snapped his eyes towards Seung Ri, “Well… now that you said that, yeah, I do remember now and… it’s still a great place. Oh, look at the time, it’s quite late and~” Ri caught his arm before he got away.

 

“L-let me go… don’t make a scene here” Ji warned and Ri just smirked, “Seriously… how can we make a scene if there’s no audience? You’re quite awful when it comes to excusing yourself huh?” he chuckled lightly but Ji still wanted to break loose.

 

“I’m not… could you please go back to your drink and~” he stopped the moment he saw the look on Ri’s face. It was somehow heartbreaking to witness such broken and pained expression. “Can you at least sit by beside me and comfort me? I could really use your presence” he pleaded with a crooked smile and Ji didn’t have the heart to turn him down, even if he’d threaten his relationship with Seunghyun.

 

They then went back to the table where Seung Ri was sitting. “Would you like a drink?” he offered once more and Ji just shook his head. “I know you find this awkward to be with the person who’s willing to sabotage your wedding but, I just want you here with me right now. I just want you to be there and comfort me in my grief”

 

“Every night felt like a nightmare whenever I try to sleep, every time I pass by the tower where we expressed ourselves I feel like a piece of me went missing and each time I think about you… I feel like dying at knowing Seunghyun has you. That I don’t… that I will never be the guy you’ll wake up in the morning with and spend time together…”

 

Ji could feel both sorrow and sincerity in his words as he spoke. He started to pity him, “Why don’t you try and look for someone else? I mean, there’s lots of great guys out there to be with. You don’t have to get yourself tangled with me… I’m~” Ri interjected.

 

“You’re my all…” he softly said and that moment became quiet.

 

Ji froze with nothing to say and react to while Ri just looked at him straight in the eyes without falter.

 

For what had seem an hour, “The very moment I saw you, I knew then and there that I fell head over heels” he started off, “You were the first person to make me smile after a long while that I’ve endured my strife with my breakup. You were the only person who shed some light in my darkest moment… so why… why would I even think twice on not doing my best to have you?”

 

“You said I should move on and forget about you… fun fact… I did and it drove me crazy… I wonder why I’d even bother of taking your suggestion. I mean, it was the best option in our situation but, let’s face it. I love you more than I could ever imagine” his words were strong and firm.

 

“Seung Ri… I’m not as valuable as it may seem…” he wanted to find the right words but, there wasn’t any. “I know that I can never change your mind and I’ll never take that fact away but… I know one day you’ll come to me the moment you find out Seunghyun’s true color” he sounded alarming.

 

“Not this again… Seung Ri~”

 

“You will and I’ll be waiting… I’ll pick up what’s left of your broken heart and mend it as much as possible… I swear”

 

Ri stood up and took one last glance over Ji before leaving. Jiyong caught the faint smile Ri gave before leaving. It seemed both hurt and triumphant or such but he wasn’t sure.

 

As Seung Ri walked away from his sight, he couldn’t help but to feel a certain adrenaline going on inside of him. It wasn’t excitement… it was totally far from that. It was fear.

 

At the meantime

 

“Your next appointment tomorrow will be with President Kang from Massive industries, they plan on investing on our upcoming branch in Europe and~” Hyun’s secretary paused when Hyun himself stuck out his hand.

 

“Just leave it there for me to read once I get to my place and note General Manager Yong about this, I’m going need him first thing in the morning and have us set at a restaurant for three people. I need to discuss this thoroughly with the tree of us” he instructed and she nodded then bowed before leaving.

 

The moment Hyun heard the door shut he sighed in relief and exhaustion. He looked up at the ceiling with a tired expression. “I never knew it would be this hard to manage the main branch as well as the expansions. This is a lot of burden on me…” he sat up and took a deep breath.

 

“I need something to eat…” he looked at his watch and saw it was already 11 in the evening. “Oh gosh… it’s this late already? Damn it…” he cussed as he rushed towards his things. “Jiyong… he must be waiting for so long…” he pulled out his phone as he scurried to the elevator.

 

He unlocked his phone and saw a few text and missed calls. “Oh …” he felt so awful about seeing the notifications. He tried calling Jiyong but the other line seems to be off. “Please don’t let him be mad at me… God, this is the last thing I need after work” he was definitely didn’t want that to happen.

 

“Please, please pick up… Ji…” he pleaded as he tried to call him again but the same results. The moment the elevator door opened, he dashed off towards the parking lot and to his car. He was in such a rush that he passed by a woman. He didn’t notice her approach him from behind, “You seem to be in a hurry… is there something going on?” she kindly asked.

 

“Oh… no not at all, I’m~” he stopped the moment he turned to see who it was. “W-What… what are you doing here?” he shockingly asked. “I wanted to see how you were, how you’re doing lately. I see that you’re quite busy at this point, such opposite of the Seunghyun that I’ve been with…” she smiled charmingly at him.

 

“Well… things change and… people change, I suppose it was the course of time that I’m here and busy now. So if you’d excuse me, I’ll be taking my leave first and~” the girl interjected.

 

“How important is this guy to you that you’re acting like you’re going to lose something important? As I recall, the Seunghyun doesn’t act like this…” she smirked.

 

“Can we not make this an issue? I mean, I’m getting married and I’m willing to pursue this relationship with him and~” she cut him off, “Live happily ever after with him? Is that it? Geez, I never thought you’d be a for one… if I only knew I would never have liked you” she was being rash and Hyun was starting to feel offended.

 

“If you’re not comfy with me being in a relationship with a guy then leave! I’m not forcing you too still like me, you can walk away right now and act as if we didn’t meet tonight so…” he paused at the sharp glare she gave.

 

“You’re a real huh? When you and I had a relationship you cheated on me behind my back but I act as if nothing had happened. I closed my eyes on the things that most people would consider as treachery not because I wanted to keep our status low profile but I wanted to believe that you could change for the better…”

 

“But as I can see here right now, you’ve definitely change for the worse, in fact it the most terrible change that had ever happened” for once, Hyun wanted to scream out in anger and not resolve into harm but as much as he wanted to yell at her, he showed restraint.

 

“For you it may be a worse change but I feel like a better person and I’m not regretting anything~” a hard smack in the cheek stopped him from going on. “Why you~” he wanted to return a favor but at seeing her tear up he held up the urge.

 

“You don’t know how much I’ve asked myself on why you didn’t fought for me, that you didn’t reject the engagement… that I wasn’t so important to you to fight for… you made me think that I was just someone you used until you’re done and fed up with me… I felt like a thrown garbage” tear began to run down her eyes.

 

“Was my love for you that hallow that it didn’t reached up to you? I never imagine that you could be this harsh and cold” she continued but Seunghyun was reluctant to answer back, “What? You’re just going to stand there and say nothing? Aren’t you going to say don’t cry or don’t think like that… not even a simple coax?”

 

Seunghyun thought that it was better to say nothing. “You’re really something huh? As heartless as you were, I feel so stupid for falling for someone like you. But…” she paused and Hyun seem to take heed. “Let’s see how far this foolishness would go… I wanna see how much love you’ve both invested with one another…”

 

She smiled devilishly at him, “Don’t you dare do anything!” he warned, “The question is, can you stop me?” she stated. “The next time we meet, I’ll make sure to make that guy feel so much pain in choosing you as his guy” she turned and walked away.

 

Seunghyun just froze at the spot he was standing and just looked at her walk away. It was like the same time Seung Ri told him that he’d leave them alone but the words felt twisted. He knows clearly that she’ll do whatever it takes to fulfill her words and it’s not going to be a simple jealousy act for Seunghyun and Jiyong.

 

“And I thought Seung Ri was the only threat…”

 

It’s time for you to realize how much I need for Jiyong is, you should’ve let go of him the moment the both of you were about to be engaged. You should’ve stopped liking him and just stayed with Chaerin but now there’s no turning back. I’ll have him and you’re not going to marry him… he’s mine and that’s all there is.

 

This is going to be tough, it’s bad enough that Seung Ri’s lurking around to find a weak point and now… Chaerin comes back with a deluded thought that I’m going to turn down this wedding for her… I already admitted to myself that I’ve fallen in love with Jiyong… and I’m not going to step back just because she acted like that with her words. I’ll show her, that I’m true with this feeling for Jiyong.

 

I feel something wrong will happen. That there’s something approaching… I’m so scared right now but I have to be strong so I won’t falter. If I do… then Seung Ri would surely win in this… I promised that I’d still be there for him and I will…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Haven't done any proof reading with this nor read it again before I updated it so please inform me if there are any grammatical error or mispelled ones. Thank you and sorry for the long gaps on the updates :3