You guys are WHAT?!

Torn

 

 

This is going to be the night to remember that’s for sure… I’m feeling this rush inside of me that I couldn’t quite explain. Maybe it was because of all the people or maybe it was because I’ll get to meet Seunghyun’s family members or maybe… I’m just feeling this much because I’ll be tied down to Seunghyun in which I’d… no, I’ve considered as something great. He now means a lot to me.

 

At their way to the Dynasty Hotel, Dae couldn’t help but to feel blissful at the two. It was terrific that the two had gotten wonderful with each other and Seunghyun seems to be genuine with his actions and words towards Jiyong. He was happy that Ji’s first try in a relationship turn out fine. “Though there’s still a lot to go through, I know Jiyong will be strong enough to withstand any hindrance if he really has love towards Seunghyun… and same would go with Seunghyun too” he thought with a smile creeping out of his lips.

 

“So who are coming in your part of the family?” Dae asked Ji “Of course it’s mom, dad and Dara… well, auntie may be there and a few of my uncles, oh, I’ll get to show you my nephews and some of my nieces once I see them” he gleefully spoke, “You seemed thrilled…” Hyun asked as he drove, “Well, it has been years since I’ve last saw them… they’ve must’ve grown quite a bit” he grinned.

 

“How ‘bout you Hyun… who’ll be coming at your side?” Hyun chuckled a bit, “If I were to say specifically it’ll be too much for us that even if where at the midst of the party, we’ll still be giving out names… so, in general, my parents, my only uncle and auntie and my one and only cousin and the rest are my mom and dad’s friends and I know most of them are your dad’s friends as well” he informed and Ji nodded, “So you only have one cousin… quite the family tree there…” Ji gave him a look but Dae just shrugged it off.

 

“Nah it’s fine… yeah, it’s just my mom’s brother. My dad doesn’t have any siblings so they’re the only family I have. He’s the closest person I’ve been with ever since childhood, in fact… he was the only true friend that had been beside me ever since… well aside from Tae though, he became my friend somewhere late” he explained. “He must be very kind and thoughtful to be by your side then” Ji somehow felt the bond between them. “Yeah, he’s the dearest family member I have”

 

“By the way Ji, have you thought of what to say once you’re asked to give a speech about the engagement?” Ji looked puzzled, “Speech… who said that there was going to be a speech?” he questioned back in which Dae sighed “You didn’t tell him didn’t you?” he shot towards Hyun who just giggled forcefully, “I seem to have forgotten to inform him…” Dae rolled his eyes and Ji looked at the both of them back and forth with an unbelieving look in his face.

 

“Knock it off… this isn’t funny… I don’t want to stand up in front of our relatives and speak out something… I hardly showed a hair at school plays, what more could this one be different?!” he started to freak out. “Is something wrong with him?” Hyun asked as he calmly watched Ji entering a panic. “Yep… he usually goes like that whenever he’s queued to stand up in front of lots of people or even just a crowd, don’t worry he’ll live through it… though I hardly doubt that he’d be able to talk once everyone turns their attention towards him” he simply cleared.

 

“He looks adorable…” he marvelled at Ji and not caring that his partner was having a nervous breakdown and he’s all cutie with what he’s seeing. “Yeah, I think I’ve heard that from somewhere before… I don’t know… maybe about exactly everything he does! You always say he’s cute, he’s adorable or he’s just too much for you to handle but can you please realise the fact that he’s panicking like a dead man?” he scolded and Hyun felt a bit shamed with what Dae made him think of.

 

“Sorry… he just really do so” Dae face palmed at that one, “You two are truly something…”

 

Meanwhile

 

“So how was your trip to the states? Heard you did great with the recovery there” Tae offered some drinks, “It was loads of pain when I got there, having all those report and those monthly statistics that the branch had but I finally felt relieved that it got back in track when I left… but still it was a huge pain in the ” he rolled his eyes and took a sip of his drink, “Still love doing business ei?” Tae jested.

 

“It’s fun when there’s something not going your way and it’s a lot more achieving to see the outcome whenever there’s a problem like that once in a while, I guess I’m still into this” he felt a bit gloomy at feeling that his life was going to be boring. “Haven’t you gotten over your ex yet? I mean it’s been quite a long time, haven’t you gotten it behind your back?” Ri smiled, “Honestly yeah, I haven’t gotten all over it but I’ve been having an eye on someone special” in which Tae found relieving.

 

“Who might that be? I’m guessing a businessman or some sorts, knowing you… you’ll be into guys that do good business” he chuckled and Ri shook his head, “Not even close into being a businessman but he’s a hardworking guy. He doesn’t earn much as you can imagine but he yields through the hardships and he’s quite determined into fulfilling his dreams” Tae caught that twinkle in his eyes when he told him that.

 

“By the sound of that I’m guessing you’re really into this guy. Tell me… have I met this guy or something? I’m really curious on who this lucky person would be, I mean having Lee Seung Ri’s heart hanging by a thread is something” Ri only snickered, “I wouldn’t say he has me by the thread…” he left off and took another sip of his drink and looked intently at the droplet at the glass “I’d say he gotten me into a love at first sight scenario”

 

I don’t know how this happened but Seung Ri does look more inspired and lively compared to how he was before… I’m guessing he’s really fallen for that someone” he smiled at the way things was going into Seung Ri’s life. “I guess you and Seunghyun are really moving forward with your love life… I envy you guys for attaining this type of affection towards someone” Ri looked up at him with a curious look “I don’t think you’d count Seunghyun into this… give ‘er take a year or less, he’s going to break up with this guy I just feel it” he confidently spoke.

 

“I guess you probably haven’t seen him. He’s a changed man my dear Seung Ri, for what’s worth he’s really going to pursue this one. Besides I felt it whenever I see the both of them, they’re different compared to what he and Chaerin had” he elaborated, “Maybe you’re right… perhaps once I see him with that guy, I’ll be able to verify whether it’s real or not in their relationship but I’m still not convinced that it’s an act of love Seunghyun is portraying, maybe a slight fondness…”

 

“If you’re talking about fondness, please explain to me this. He started to stop going out at nights with me, he never drinks without informing the guy and he’s often at his place. To boot, he became quite gentle and less of an than he was before but exempt me that is… he’s still a prick when it comes to me” Ri chuckled before he let Tae continue, “Very funny… now the most noticeable thing that had changed was, he’s starting to anticipate the wedding itself”

 

Hearing those stuff didn’t meant anything in his vocabulary but when Tae informed him that Seunghyun was expecting the wedding to commence was mind blowing for him. It was because whenever marriage came into topic Seunghyun would always say that he’s not interested or doesn’t believe that marriage is something that’s of worth. He always walks out of that topic and he knows that Seunghyun wasn’t into commitments and stuff. “M-Maybe he’s just bluffing” he seemed unsure.

 

“You and I both know when he bluffs or fibs at something. This is totally new Seung Ri, believe me, I’ve been witness these 3 months and I can clearly say that he has feelings for him and if that were to be the case, I’ll just support him. I’m finally seeing a better side of Seunghyun and I’m glad it was something like that” he assured his belief. Taken aback with it, Seung Ri tried to let it sink in, “I guess he’s mature enough to determine what he’s preference are now right?” he just gave a smile then afterwards.

 

“He’s aware of it and he’s not being affected by it” he supported, “How ‘bout Chaerin, has there been any word from her?” Tae shook his head, “After Seunghyun gave the new to her, there was no more communication between them and lately I’ve been seeing a couple of articles about her having a secret love life right now, I’m glad that it wasn’t Seunghyun, because if Chae were to reveal that, it would only mean that he’ll be crossing the line at Seunghyun’s promise to his dad”

 

“So his dad is more likely the one who agreed to this huh?” he felt a bit sadden “Well to be precise, Seunghyun did told me that it was a promise made even before they were both born to be engaged” he specified. “Well… that can’t be helped. Knowing Seunghyun, he’d never back out of his old man’s request”

 

Currently

 

Seunghyun and the rest had just gotten to the venue, they were quickly greeted by the people at the front and surprisingly there was no media that was waiting at the entrance, “Seems like dad wanted it privately” Hyun placed his arm around Jiyong’s waist and immediately Ji went beet red. “Hyun… I think this isn’t necessary” he whispered as he make their way inside, “What? Not having the media swarming you? I’m more comfortable with not having them around to make some headlines but then again… it would be nice to see our faces at the morning papers” he jokingly said.

 

“No… I’m not worried about that… I was referring to this” he pinched at Hyun’s hand which made him groan, “Ya… what did you do that for?” he moved his hand away, “For inappropriately placing your arms around me while were some place that has lots of people” he informed, “Really you call me being sweet to you, inappropriate? So you think kissing would be better now do ya?” he leaned close but stopped in an instance when Ji bore his elbow in his side.

 

“Oh… that has got to hurt” Dae winced as if he was the one who felt it, “Actually… it feels numb after a few seconds” he whined out and Ji just looked at him with a disappointed look, “Stop dicking around and get a grip, you’re the one that I expected decent tonight” he scolded and Hyun turned to him with a broken smile, “I feel so much better after you said that… but the pain seems to linger though” Ji then rubbed the part he hit. “You deserved it…” he just rolled his eyes but smiled.

 

After a few minutes, they reached the grand hall of the hotel. It was wonderfully themed with white and glittering table cloths. Everyone looked spectacular and the whole scenery was something both Daesung and Jiyong hadn’t experienced yet, “Whoa… this is amazing…” Dae marvelled around at the whole hall, “I can’t believe this is how it looks like… I should’ve came here when it was being fixed up” he smiled beamingly.

 

“Oppa, you wouldn’t be this captivated if you only came along with us whenever we get invitations” he heard a familiar voice. He turned and saw a warm and exciting smile from his young sister, “Dara!” he called out with glee, “Mom, dad!” he added when he embraced his sister. “I’m glad to see you guys again” he pulled away from the embrace, “I’m glad that you even came oppa. I thought you’d back out in this” she teasingly said.

 

“Are you kidding? I’m fine with this” he happily informed and inside of himself he knows it was because he and Seunghyun had gotten great with each other, “I’m happy for you son, I guess it wasn’t much of a burden to you. I feel like a huge weight was lifted from me” his dad sighed and his mom giggled, “He’s been worried that you’d hate this and would just act that you are fine with it but, after seeing you right now and hearing that. It’s truly reassuring” his mom gave him a peck.

 

“Oh, Daesung oppa… and this is…” she eyed Seunghyun carefully, “Seunghyun… my fiancé” he introduced to her and she gave a curtsy, “It’s a pleasure to meet you” she gently said. “Likewise in finally seeing my future sister-in-law. As well as my soon to be in laws” he smiled at them and gave a respectful bow at them. “I’ve finally seen you after this long time… you’ve grown into a good looking man Seunghyun. I’m happy that you’ve also agreed to this without fuss” Ji’s dad offered a shake.

 

Hyun took it without hesitation, “I’m glad I got to meet Jiyong and I’m happy that he’s the one I’m going to get married to. I feel nice and comfy with him and he’s always brightening up my days even when I’m not down” he laughed mildly, “I guess you’ve gotten to know Jiyong’s best side. He’ll definitely make you happy” he added.

 

Jiyong on the other hand felt more blessed to hear those words from Seunghyun, although he had heard a lot of compliments from him from the past months. It was quite special to hear him boast about it and especially to his parents “He’s very valuable to me so I feel like that” he finished off.

 

As they continue to compliment and catch up with each other, Dae’s wondering eyes caught a sight he’s going to really freak out about. “Oh my God… this isn’t good… Seung Ri’s here… and worse, both Seunghyun and Jiyong are here as well. If Seunghyun were to find out that Seung Ri is into Jiyong… it’s going to be a catastrophe! I got to do something about this…” he thought of a way to have Jiyong’s safe from a fight he’d never expect.

 

He walked close to Jiyong and whispered to him softly, “There’s a problem and I suggest we talk about this alone” he told him and Ji rose a brow, “What do you mean?” he wondered. “Look at 4 o’clock with a white coat. I think you’ll know what may happen” Ji looked at the direction. “Oh …” he gasped and luckily Seunghyun was the only one who heard.

 

“What’s wrong?” he asked curiously, “N-Nothing… I just have to go to the… comfort room that’s all… come on Dae, I know you’re thinking of going too” he smiled suspiciously and quickly grabbed Dae’s wrist and pulled him out of the area. “What’s going on with them?” Dara felt puzzled, “He said they’ll just be at the comfort room, don’t worry they’ll be back”

 

“What’s he doing here? I mean, it’s not that a business guy like him wouldn’t be here. It’s just that why of all places and time? Hey… wait a minute… he didn’t call you once did he?” Dae realised and Ji just shook his head as they made their way out of the hall. “Why did he suddenly appeared right now and w-why does it has to be in a place like this? Why on my engagement party” he felt both worried and confused. “Maybe he just gotten back” Dae thought.

 

“Anyways… this is going to be a big issue if Seunghyun were to know about it. You know how aggressive he is to those who hit on you. I don’t think Seung Ri would be of an exemption” Dae said while peeping if Seung Ri would be going out of the hall. “I don’t want to make a commotion here and especially at a time like this” his heart began to tremble and cold sweat was starting to drip down.

 

“Let’s think of a way, we might be able to get through this but… we have to really think fast because if we don’t, you wouldn’t be able to get up there and present yourself” that one didn’t help as Ji felt even more tensed at what the outcome might become of. “I think I’ve gotten an idea!” Dae quickly shouted out.

 

At the meantime, “Oh… isn’t that Seunghyun” Tae manage to see him. Ri turned and smiled, “Yeah… it’s the of the century. I guess he’s happy but I’m still going to scold him for wasting my efforts” they then both walked over. “Oh… Seung Ri!” he felt overjoyed at the sight of the familiar face. “You dunce bag… I thought you’d never notice me” he opened up for a tight hug.

 

“I’m so glad to see you again… you look dashing right now” he complimented the way Seung Ri looked. “Stop kissing up because you’re in deep once we get to talk” Hyun grimaced, knowingly at what he meant. “C-Can’t we arrange that some other time?” he tried to laugh but Ri firmly eyed him. “No…” he sternly said.

 

“Oh, I didn’t know you guys knew each other” Ji’s mom quickly noticed the familiar face. “Oh, do you know him already?” Hyun was baffled, “Actually Seunghyun, we gotten to meet each other before but Mr Kwon doesn’t know me yet” he directly said. “W-Wow… I didn’t know you were that quick. How did you guys meet?” he curiously thought.

 

“At the hospital, oppa brought him there that night when I called him. He helped oppa get there safely and he also gave him something to wear at the cold weather since he forgot to wear something warm that time” Dara briefly explained. “Y-You know Jiyong?” he felt a bit thrilled knowing that it would be fantastic that Jiyong and him had known each other but little did he know that something stirred between them even in a short while.

 

“Yeah, he’s a great guy” he plainly said with a bright smile.

 

Whoa I can’t believe this… my dearest cousin knows Jiyong… this is awesome. To think that I’ll have trouble with introducing them to each other. Knowing Seung Ri, he’d give me a lecture I won’t forget if he didn’t like the person I’m going to get married with and most of all he’d be urging me to cancel this wedding if he doesn’t approve of him. This is quite reassuring.

 

Choi Seunghyun… I didn’t know that you’ve met uncle’s close friend and his family. You must be really happy to even mingle around and get acquainted with the guests. I’m thankful to see that you’re like this, maybe after this I’ll talk to you so I can see how much you’ve changed for the better and also. I want to talk about this guy that I feel that I’ve fallen for… I want to tell you how much Jiyong really is to me.

 

Kill me please… just kill me. What on earth can I do? If things were to reveal itself it’ll be chaotic… I don’t want Seunghyun to do something bad to Seung Ri or even say anything to him. He’ll definitely throw a huge fuss over this… God please, if you could hear me now, just please take my life… I don’t want to witness this.

This is going to be the night to remember that’s for sure… I’m feeling this rush inside of me that I couldn’t quite explain. Maybe it was because of all the people or maybe it was because I’ll get to meet Seunghyun’s family members or maybe… I’m just feeling this much because I’ll be tied down to Seunghyun in which I’d… no, I’ve considered as something great. He now means a lot to me.