Black doors

Shades of the Diviner

 

 

 

 

Something’s wrong. More wrong than all of this. This feeling I had. This feeling that was sort of normal in some terms, but considering the situation I’m in right now; it’s definitely wrong, just plain damn wrong!

How did it end up like this?

This feeling of déjà vu…

One minute, I was in a cave where Ailee was in, and then the cave started glowing yellow and white… Dammit! None of this makes sense! 

After the cavern start to glow… I don’t remember… I remember the feeling of being completely and utterly terrified, but… I don’t remember what happened after that. Instead, I felt déjà vu. Wait… I’m forgetting something…

“Kai…”

Huh?

“Kai…”

Where’s that voice coming from?

“Kai…”

It sounds so familiar…

“WAKE UP YOU IDIOT!”

I woke up with a jolt. My body felt hot and sweaty, and I was breathing hard. I looked around and saw Erin looking at me with a look of worry and fear. Her eyes were still green, and when I looked around we were in some kind of bedroom with dim red lights, a red velvet bed and gold lineage. Simply put, it looked like we were in some kind of expensive romantic room. We’re on the bed.

The craziest thought just came to me.

“Erin…” I turned to her. “Are we here because we…”

“Yes.” Oh no. “I’m afraid “she” brought us here before we could do anything to save Ailee.” She said with a sad tone.

“Oh, for a second there I thought we did you know what.” I laughed at the thought. There was no way we’d do that.

The next thing I knew, I got hit on the head. “Don’t think such things. I knew you weren’t innocent, but I didn’t think you’d be a ert.” She spat at me with her arms crossed.

“WHAT?! I am not a ert!” I shot back. I could feel myself slightly blush.

“Oh? Then why are you blushing?”

“Was it obvious?”

We finally let the topic drop with a sigh. “Anyways, I don’t know about you but we need to leave. And its most likely that one of our friends is here.” She said as she stood up.

“Wait, what would any of our friends be doing here in a place like this?” Unless one of us was actually a .

“Kai, remember the cavern Ailee was in? Didn’t the cavern look any familiar to you?” Her voice sounded a bit scary, as if trying for a nostalgic dramatic scene.

Now that I think about it… the cavern did look familiar. Was it during the time…

Realization hit just hit me like a rock.

When me and Ailee were kids, our families went on a vacation together, although most of the time, me and Ailee just fought, we had a great time. We had lots of fun for that week we spent together; it could’ve been our best childhood memory…

If it wasn’t for that incident.

“But… what does it mean?” My voice sounded restrained for some reason.

“It would seems that the kind of ‘torments’ she has in store for our friends are their worst memories. They’re going to be sent and trapped in their saddest, scariest and most painful memory.” Erin said with sadness.

I felt my hand scrunch up into a fist, taking a bit of the bed sheet. “That would make sense.” After all, what could be more terrifying than reliving your most painful memory, a memory you never wish to go back to?

“Then why are we here?” I could feel my anger rising. This wasn’t right; I should be in the cavern with Ailee. I should be there with her. Poor Ailee, probably once she recognized the cavern, she’d go onto a nostalgic hysteria. It’s happened before, that’s why we never went back to that cavern ever again, let alone the beach it was on. But Ailee’s there alone, in the place she hates most.

“It would seem that she won’t let us save our friends until we see the torment they’re going through. If that’s the case, then that means we won’t be able to save anyone until we see all their torments.” Erin said with a grimace.

This , this really ! “So before we can save them…” Erin turns to me with a look of concern, probably because my voice was becoming shaky. Man, what’s with my voice?! “… we have to watch them suffer?!” I felt my eyes start to water.

Erin said nothing but I could feel the sad aura around her, the feeling of not being able to do anything when you want to do something. Because it was both what we were feeling right now.

“Well, we can’t stay here much longer, to save our friends,” she looked at me with a kind yet weak smile, “let’s go Kai, so we can end this nightmare and go back together with everyone.” She took out her hand; she really did look like an angel that clings onto even the slightest spark of hope.

I wiped my eyes so that she’d see I wasn’t crying and took her hand as I got up. “That has got to be the cheesiest thing I heard you say ever since we met.”

I think her smile just got a little brighter after I said that. “And you are the stupidest person I’ve ever met because you can still joke like that at a time like this.”

We quietly head out the door and look both ways. The hallway was lined with gold and velvet colors, all looking very expensive but more romantic. But the hallway was also quite short, having only 4 doors that were all beautifully black, two on each side and a staircase going to the left.

When we looked to the left, we saw a dead end.

“I swear, this is some kind of love hotel or something.” Erin said with a look of disgust

“What gave you that idea?” I asked sarcastically.

When we turned to the left, we saw a little boy peeking into an ajar door. The boy’s attention was completely on the room, and the look on his face was a mix of sadness and disgust, the boy’s mouth kept on moving, like trying to not scream. The boy looked like he was around 8 or nine years old. And he looked strangely familiar.

“Is that… Gikwang?”

 


Wow! I haven't updated since August?! I've really been slacking... Anyways, hope you liked this chapter because I stayed up late to finish this (though i got distracted a lot) and hopefully I won't take so long. 

Thanks again to all my subscribers and readers!~