No door

Shades of the Diviner

 

 

 

“Let’s get out of here!” Gikwang yelled.

I was still taken back at what just happened. I have one or more scary situations in mind and but none could compare to this situation we’re in right now. Because this was happening in real life.

I wondered if any of this was even real. I forced myself to turn back and run as the others started running. I saw Gikwang carry the unconscious Erin as we ran.

Then I realized the hallway seemed to stretch and become longer. Normally, we would’ve reached the stairs by now but we’re still running in the hallway.

“Does anyone else notice that the hallway looks stretchy?!” Gikwang yelled over our running.

“Less talking, more running!” Sunny shouted as she was the one who was running ahead of us.

Finally, what seemed like forever, we saw the stairs.

“Look! The stairs! We made it!” Ailee shouted and a look of relief was on her face.

It was Ailee I’m most worried about in this situation. She isn’t a wuss, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t get scared. She is my childhood friend, naturally, I would care.

When we reached the stairs, we frantically climbed down though the stairs seem even weirder than the hallway. It made my blood run cold and made my heart race even faster.

Sunny stopped in her tracks and so did we. We all stopped and saw, all around us, were a bunch of badly drawn drawings of different things such as what seemed to be people dying, animals, bugs, and other things. Other than that, they seemed to be on a black board.

“What is happening?” Hoya asked with a hysteric voice. “Why is this happening to us? What did we do to deserve this?!” He shouted the last part, I was afraid he would go into hysteria.

“Calm down Hoya! Get a hold of yourself!” Sunny shook him violently and even slapped him hard on the cheek.

I heard Gikwang gasp. “This is the first time Sunny slapped Hoya.”

“Well, that’s not much of a surprise, given the situation we’re in.” I said. I was surprised by my tone. It sounded casual. Not the tone you’d expect from someone in this situation.

“Why are you so calm about this?” Gikwang turned to me. Despite the fact that he was carrying Erin. “But that’s not the only thing I want to know.” He looked at me with a hint of anger. “Why was there a girl out of a painting?! Huh?!”

“I don’t know why, hyung. I don’t know.” I didn’t want to yell, but I could already feel my anger rising.

“Stop it!” Ailee stepped in between us. “Fighting won’t solve anything. First thing first,” she stepped on the edge of stairs.

“Careful, Ailee.” I warned her. She peeked over and I could tell from the look on her face that it wasn’t a pretty drop.

The stairs are supposed to be stairs with walls, but these stairs have no walls. Just stairs that spiral down.

She sighed. “Look, I have no idea how far these stairs go. I also have no idea how all this happened, but,” She paused. Looking at all of us, “We have to find a way out of here.”

I love it when Ailee’s leader mode turns on! Though I’ll never admit it, she’d just tease me about it.

“How’s Erin?” Sunny asked.

Gikwang put her down gently on the stair and we looked at her with a concerned look. Even I must admit I was worried for the girl, even though we’re not exactly on good terms.

“She’s fine. Though I don’t think she’ll wake up very soon.” Gikwang said as he brushed a hair strand in Erin’s face away. It made me a bit suspicious, was that just any simple gesture?

“Then what do we do?” Hoya asked. He seemed to have gotten over the slap.

“I think our only option is to go down.” Ailee said. “As much as I hate to admit it.”

We agreed to go down the stairs, I decided to avoid any sarcastic comments since this is not the time to make jokes and it will very likely result in me angering everyone, excluding the sleeping Erin.

We continued to walk down the seemingly never endless spiral staircase, though it might’ve only been like 10 minutes or so, we were already feeling the shock get to us.

I was right behind Ailee when I felt the stairs below our feet crack. We stopped in our tracks, but it was too late. The stairs broke apart and we fell. I swear my heart would’ve jumped out of my chest at that moment as I felt the stomach drop and we began to fall

“AH! AILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” I screamed her name and reached my hand out but she was falling too far away from me.

I looked around and saw Gikwang holding onto Erin tightly and Hoya and Sunny were fallng a bit too fast and were already far below us.

As we continued to fall, darkness enveloped us.

I woke up with a jolt; I don’t remember hitting something enough to knock me out. I felt cold sweats on my forehead and arms. I look around and I seem to be in some kind of room. It had dark red drapes, white paint, red velvet sofas and chairs. There was a single big window below the drapes, but I saw nothing but darkness there.

I stood up even though I wobbled a bit. I noticed there was no door, and the others were sprawled on the floor…

“The others!” I exclaimed. Relief swept over me when I realized I’m not alone and the others are here, hopefully alive. I went to Hoya as he was crawled in a fetus expression on the floor. I shook him.” Hyung! Hoya hyung!” I called out but there was no response. Then an idea popped into my head, though it may have severe consequences. I raised my hand and slapped him. “Hyung!”

“Ow…” I heard him mutter.

“Hyung! Thank goodness you’re alive!” I said suddenly but didn’t hug him. I chuckled a bit as he rubbed his cheek that I hit.

“Ah…. Why did you hit me? It was bad enough that Sunny hit me! Aish…” Then he saw where we are. “Where…. Are we?”

“I don’t know, but I don’t think we’ll be able to escape easily.” I stated.

“Why do you say that?” He asked with a concerned look.

I was about to answer when we heard a few grunts and groans around us. The others started waking up. Then I went to Ailee, good thing she was second closest.

“Ailee! Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?” I asked as she sat up and looked at me.

“Ahhh…. Where are we..?” She asked as she looked around.

“I’m not sure.” I confessed though my best guess would be a space we’re trapped in.

“Yah… does anyone know why is it that Erin’s on the couch? Kai-shi, did you put her here?” Gikwang asked as he sat down on the chair next to the said couch Erin’s laying down on.

“No hyung. I didn’t notice she even there. I didn’t even notice you guys were on the floor just until a while ago…” I confessed, though I actually noticed everything but just left everything because I was afraid that something or someone here might be a trap.

“Aish… you..!” Ailee hit me on the head. “You bratty trouble maker you!” She scolded me with another hit on the head.

I whimpered and ran behind Hoya. “Help me hyung! Save me from the fist of the wrath queen!” I whined and even stuck out my tongue at her. I love teasing her. Another playful smile was on my face.

“Yah! Kim Jongin! Who are you calling the wrath queen?!” She yelled before stomping her way towards me.

“Did you just call yourself the rat queen?” I grinned mischievously.

“Yah! You’re so dead! Do you want to die, Kim Jongin?!” I knew I was toast.

“Guys!” Gikwang called our attention. “Erin’s waking up!”

We stopped for a while and turned to Erin. We heard some groaning and Erin moved her head a little. Ailee went to Erin’s side and began calling her.

“Erin..?”

Erin didn’t respond, and that got me worried.

Then suddenly, her eyes shot up open, like she just woke up from a nightmare, but that wouldn’t be much of a surprise. But there was one very surprising thing was her eyes.

They were glowing dark green. 

 

 

 

 


Well, I'm in a bit of a rush since school will start soon. I need to finish my ffs. So, did anyone laugh at my bad jokes?

Thanks again to all my subscribers and readers!~ :)

Don't be shy to comment, upvote, and subscribe!~