The room beside you

Shades of the Diviner

 

 

My eyes widened, did she notice me? Of course she noticed me, who wouldn't feel if someone was looking at you?!

The girl's head continued to turn until I saw half of her face.

When I saw her face, my heart skipped a beat and my stomach did a double take. 

It was the girl from the portrait.

Then I heard a shout. “AH! What happened to the lights?!” It was Ailee.

I exited my room and saw that the hallway lights― all the lights― were off. But it was obvious that it was a blackout.

I stepped into the hallway but something much unexpected happened.

Words, all kinds of words, from Korean to English, to words that were in a total foreign language were written on the wall, and floor. And the strange thing was is that they were all written in creepy neon pink and yellow. My two favorite colors… even so… it scared me nonetheless.

My body started to tremble, I felt the adrenaline get to me, I took two steps back and my eyes widened even more

“Ailee… where are you?!” I called.

I then heard a scream of terror. It was Sunny. I ran. I didn’t want to look, I continued to run, but the once short hallway seemed to stretch. Words were still written on the floors and walls.

At first, the writing said simple words like picture, family, house, but now, the words started to get intense. Death, injustice, punishment, affair, thief, jealousy.

Then the colors started to change. From Neon pink and yellow, it became dark pink. But the words seemed crueler.

Murderer, kidnapper, criminal, tyrant, dictator, mad, cold, mean.

These words seem to be pointing to a person, instead of abstract qualities.

I saw Ailee on her knees and holding her head. Like it’s about to blow.

“Ailee!” I kneeled next to her but I don’t think she heard me.

“Go away! I’m not any of those! Stop it! Don’t!” Was she hearing voices?

“Ailee, snap out of it!” I shook her harshly, but she still had that look of terror in her eyes. I felt hopeless; something or someone is doing this. But why us? “I said snap out of it!” I slapped her hard, that it left a swollen red mark on her left cheek.

At first, Ailee didn’t move, and I was wondering if I did the right thing, but then Ailee groaned, “OW! What was that for?!” she held her swollen left cheek.

I ignored that, “Ah, I’m glad you’re okay now.” I said.

Ailee then looked around us.

“What’s happening? Why are there so many writings on the walls?” she then looked down, “And on the floor..?”

“I don’t know either,” I stood up and helped her get up, “but right now, I think we need to check on the others. I heard Sunny’s scream of terror right after you screamed.”

“What about Old Lady Ra?” Ailee asked with a concerned look. I wanted to say that I had a feeling that we shouldn’t bother her right now, after seeing the girl from the painting; I was starting to have my doubts. But I had no solid proof to show it to anyone. Would they even believe me? “Erin? What is it?”

Everything. “No, never mind, I think Sunny needs more help right now. Come, on!” I didn’t wait for her to answer and just ran.

Soon, the words started to change color again. But this time, it was a mixture of green and purple. It almost looked like someone threw up a glob of sick words.

Actually, ‘sick’ was the perfect word to describe the words written in purple and green.

Most of the words there were curse words so I didn’t want to say them. There was also a comment that was so sick that I tried to erase it from my mind the moment I read it.

The hallway seemed to stretch again, but it seemed that the square hallway was spinning. That was the only word I could describe it. I slowed down because that allusion made me nauseous. I put a hand on my mouth to prevent anything coming outas I felt the bulgogi coming up..

“Erin, are you okay? What is it? Are you going to puke?” Ailee asked as she patted my back.

No, the spinning hallway, and maybe. “I’m fine.” I really hate lying to people, but hey, no one likes to make people worry…well, mostly.

“Look!” I lifted my head and saw Sunny embracing Hoya.

Sunny was trembling badly, more than Ailee. Hoya looked like he didn’t know what to do. He just bit his lip as Sunny continued to tremble and cry.

“Sunny! Hoya!” Ailee called them.

Hoya looked at our direction and he sighed in relief, while Sunny slowly turned her head in our direction.

I watched Hoya guide Sunny towards us ever so gently. Sunny still looked so fragile, but Hoya tried to make her feel better by smiling reassuringly, which made their pace faster.

When we were finally close enough, “I’m glad you guys are alright, though… does anyone know why there are so many creepy writings on the wall?” Hoya asked.

“Nope, I got slapped, and Erin is feeling nauseous, so yeah… we’re fine!” I couldn’t tell if Ailee was being sarcastic or not over my nausea.

Then I remembered. “Come on guys, we still need to check on Gikwang and Kai.” I said as I walked slowly ahead.

The other followed and the hallway seemed to stretch more… it felt like we were walking a a hundred years here. My vision started to blur, everything started to sway. Am I the only one experiencing this? Then I felt my legs give in and I fell.

“Erin!” I couldn’t tell who called my name.

The room beside you, Erin..

That voice… it was so clear… yet I’ve never heard that voice before, it was obviously a girl but it belonged to someone I don’t know.

The room beside you…

I warily looked in front of me and saw a dark red door within reach. A red door? I though all the doors were white…

The room beside you… Enter it…

I didn’t want to obey it, but there was a part of me that was either really stupid, or really curious. I weakly stretched out my arm to grab the knob and twist it, although I knew that Hoya and Ailee―even Sunny started complaining/asking questions/shouting.

But I ignored all that and opened the door.

The door creaked open slowly; I was shortly greeted by the wind, until I saw what was in the room.

Sunny screamed, Ailee screamed, Hoya fell to his knees. I stayed frozen in my place. This time, I was the one to tremble, and I know I fainted right there, because everything blurred and turned dark.

 

 


Sorry for the long wait, I was focused on the other ffs. 

Note: This ff is going to be a bit short since school will be starting again.

Thanks again to all my subscribers and readers!~

Oh, and here's a shop I'm co-authoring, it's where your imagination can go wild!~ I mean it, it's only limit is , meaning, we don't do .

Where wisdom meets imagination!~ :DDDDDDDDDDD

Here: †ATHENA†™ Oneshot Request Shop |