Can't move

Shades of the Diviner

 

 

 

Kai

Green light. Not the green traffic light. But it was both beautiful yet scary light. It was like green misty light. That’s what I remember after the darknesscame over me.

The next thing I knew, I woke up with a headache. I groan as the pain from my head really really annoys me. I hate it when I have headaches after I wake up. Yet I seldom I have these headaches.

I opened my eyes half way and was greeted by white light, yet it wasn’t sunlight, it was moonlight.

Then I remembered what happened before I out.

“Erin! Ailee!”

I turn from side to side only to see a figure with her knees tucked close to her chest, her back to me, and facing a closed window with the bright white moon in view.

I recognized the figure as Erin. Worry started to shot up in me.

“Erin, are you ok? What happened?” I asked as I got up from… apparently the floor, and went to Erin’s side.

I heard sobbing noises from Erin. She wouldn’t look at me but you wouldn’t need an expert to know that Erin experienced or saw something that definitely made her cry out of sorrow.

“She… she… only wanted…. The truth… to be known…” I heard between her murmurs and sobbing.

“Erin… who are you talking about? Who is this she? What truth?” I asked as I shook her gently, yet she wouldn’t respond. “Erin, please talk to me. I can’t help you unless you tell me something I can understand and help in some way.”

“Kai…” She said softly. There was something about the way she said my name that felt really strange.

“Yes?” I replied.

She finally turned her head to me slowly. When she did, I met her dark green eyes. Though it wasn’t glowing, it was still visible.

But even with those strange green eyes, her eyes were red and puffy. No matter what color your eyes are, crying almost always does the same thing to you.

“Are you afraid?” She slightly stuttered as she asked.

“I am.” I answered. “But I think you’re more afraid than me.” I put my hand on her shoulder to reassure her but I think it did little affect.

Before all this, she seemed like a mature lady that knows how to have fun, but now, with those green puffy eyes of her, she seemed like a girl that could break at any moment, and that if I let go, she really will break.

She turned her attention moon; she looked at it like it was a place she wanted to go to. She then lowered her head.

“Kai… do you see the others?”

I turned around and I saw no one. Guess I didn’t notice again.

“No. Why? Where are the others?” I asked. Concern was probably written all over me.

“I thought so. I hoped she wouldn’t do it, but I was stupid to even hope. Her mind was set and there was nothing I could do about it. She had too much power.” She began shaking. “I couldn’t save them… I couldn’t help them… I’m useless…”

I suddenly felt anger in me. I grabbed Erin by the arms and made her look at me in the eye.

“Yah, listen to me Erin. Don’t you dare start calling yourself names such as useless, alright? I don’t know who you’re talking about, but they’re obviously responsible for making you like this and for the others disappearance.” I moved closer to Erin. “And whoever did this is going to pay.” Then I hugged her, to reassure her more.

I had no idea where those where words came from. They just sprout out from my mouth. Maybe they’re what I’m feeling?

Nah, impossible.

Erin remained still and quiet, but I could tell a lot was going through her mind.

“Kai… are you willing to go through torments to save our friends?”

I broke our hug and looked at her. She was looking directly at me in the eye, she was dead serious.

“What torments?” I asked.

“I don’t know what kind of torments, but I know we’ll have to pass them in order to save our friends. I repeat, are you willing?”

“Hold on, that’s a lot to take in for a guy that’s just woke up and is already trying to process a few.” I sighed and collected my thoughts.

The others are missing and we have to save our friends by going through some torments? Not exactly a dream adventure of mine. But it does seem a little cool…

“I’ll do it.” I said. “But who is this “she” you keep talking about?”

“The person who brought us here, and is mostly responsible for all this. I don’t remember everything but I know she didn’t want any of this, but… it just… happened.” Erin said.

“Well, as long as we save our friends, right?” I managed a smile and I swear I saw hope and a smile on that face of hers.

“You sure are brave and stupid.” Erin said.

“I’ve been told. So, where do we go?”

“Hold my hand; you wouldn’t want your mind to scatter while we travel.”

I held her hand, but just as I was about to question what does she mean by my mind scattering and ‘travel,’ I feel my body go soft, soon, I can’t feel my body at all. Am I dying?

“Kai, get up. You’re ok, you’re not dying, you idiot.” I heard an angel voice call out to me.

An angel voice that sounded familiar.

I tried opening my eyes and wok up to see green eyes looking at me. Yet I was looking at them from below.

Only then I realized that I was lying down on Erin’s lap.

I quickly shot up and rubbed my nape in embarrassment. “Sorry Erin. I didn’t realize…”

“Kai?” Another familiar voice came up.

“Ailee?” I called out. “Ailee, where are you?!”

“In here!” The voice was coming from a nearby cavern.

I followed the voice and I entered the cavern. Surprisingly, it had some torches lit. And Ailee was standing on some kind of rock platform.

“Ailee, don’t worry, I’ll get you down from there.” I touched the rough rock surface to start climbing.

“Don’t!” Ailee’s voice echoed throughout the cave, making me stop midway in surprise. “Don’t touch the rocks! And besides… I can’t move from this spot.”

Just then, our surroundings started glowing yellow and white.

 

 

 

 


Hello there! Sorry for not updating for like 2 months now but school really packed my schedule, specially Math, and there were times when I just didn't feel it, so I had to wait for the right time and when I felt it.

Don't be afriad to subscribe, upvote, or comment!~

Thanks again to all my subscribers and readers!~