Noticed

Shades of the Diviner

 

 

I was resting peacefully in my bed and just looking at the white ceiling above me with the lights off. My mind wandering. There was something about that portrait that bothered me, it looked too modern for it to belong to an ancient ancestor.

My thoughts stopped when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said.

"Erin?" Ailee peeked from the other side of the door, "Dinner's ready. Everyone's ready, even the old housemates are here."

"Sure..." I lazily got up, and headed out with Ailee, we walked down the hallway and down the stairs and I saw three people I've never seen before sit around the table.

A cute girl with dark brown and curly hair, and wearing a green shirt with a white denim short, a guy with dark violet hair in a white shirt with a black vest and ripped jeans and a muscular guy with black hair, blue sweatshirt and black jeans.

I bowed to everyone. I noticed Kai was just laying back and eating without a care. As expected of him.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Lee Hyemin but you can call me Euaerin or just Erin." I said as sweetly as I could. Wait, was I even trying to be sweet?

"I'm Lee Howon, but you can call me Hoya." The guy with the dark violet hair said.

"I'm Lee Gikwang, nice to meet you!" The muscular guy said cheerfully.

"I'm Lee Soonkyu, but you can call me Sunny~" Sunny said cutely. 

Then, Old Lady Ra entered.

"Ah, I see you've already met each other... well then, now that someone has already started," She gestured to the troublemaking Kai who's still munching down on his food, "Come on, the food will get cold and Mr. Kai here might eat it all." She said as she sat down.

We laughed at her comment and we all made ourselves comfortable and started munching down.

 We occasionally started a conversation just acquaint each other and I heard some laughing but I didn't really pay attention to their conversations. All my attention was on this delicious food! 

"Rahjufa—" I said with my food still in my mouth.

"No, no no. No talking with your mouth full," She said as she waved her finger, "Swallow, then you can talk."

I did as she said and swallowed my food with a big gulp.

"Ahjumma," I said, covering my mouth a little, "This food is delicious! There's something different about this bulgogi." I said as I took another bite of this delicious bulgogi.

"Ah, that's because my family has a secret ingredient we use for different foods. I would tell you, but it is a secret, after all." She said as she took another bite.

"Ah... I see." I took another bite and savored the flavor again.

"So, Ailee, I heard you have a really good singing voice." Sunny stated.

"So that means she has a bad talking voice?" Kai asked sarcastically.

"Yah, Kim Jongin!" Ailee scolded Kai, "You'll have to excuse Kai here, he's a known troublemaker where I live." Ailee rolled her eyes back at her own comment.

"Oh no, it's okay, I've been through worst." Sunny said.

"I know what she means by 'worst'" Gikwang whispered a bit too loud.

After saying that, he earned a smack from Sunny.

"You talk too much." Sunny said to him, "But enough of me, Hoya here is a great dancer, he even has a signature move." Sunny gestured to Hoya.

Hoya was a bit surprised at the fact that Sunny said that, that he coughed on his food and had to hit his chest a few times before regaining his composure.

"Noona... Now's not a good time to talk about that now." Hoya also whispered a bit too loud.

"Now's the perfect time to talk about it!" Ailee said out loud, making some of us jump, "Kai here, is also a dancer." Ailee gestured to Kai as his eyes widened.

I choked on my food a little and laughed a bit.

"It's true." Ailee said over my giggling, "If you don't believe me, why don't we have a dance battle right now? Hoya versus Kai." At that time, both Hoya and Kai choked on their drinks.

"Would you guys stop choking on your food and drinks?!" I yelled, annoyed, then I thought about it again, "Actually, go ahead and choke again, go ahead. It's no one's fault." I said with a grin.

"Ailee... You know I don't like—" Kai got cut off by Ailee's announcement.

"He's says he'll do it!" Ailee announced. She began pushing Kai to the living room.

"WHAT?! Ahjumma! Don't let them do this to me!" Kai pleaded.

It was so funny seeing Kai look so desperate and lost.

"I'm sorry Kai-ssi, but I would like to see you and Hoya-ssi dance as well.

That did it. It was official.

We all cheered and wooed as Ailee pushed Kai further into the living room. I turned my attention to Hoya and I saw him cowering and trying to hide under the table amidst the commotion.

Not on my watch, mister.

I also went under the table and when Hoya turned to look at me, he jumped back in surprised. He was so surprised that he hit his head on the table. I quickly used this opportunity and grabbed his hand and dragged him out the table to where Sunny is.

"Sunny, this little friend of ours was trying to escape," I said as I held Hoya.

"Oh no he didn't! Well, he has no escape now. Come with me mister!" Sunny said as she dragged Hoya to the living room.

This was so amusing to me that I might've had a look of triumph on my face. 

We made the two boys stand in front of us and we just sat down to watch them. 

"What song are we going to make them dance to?" Gikwang asked.

I wasn't going to answer that, I was too busy looking at the two blushing and flustered boys in front of us. I wanted to laugh so much, but I knew I shouldn't, I'm not that harsh.

"Why not one at time? I know the perfect one for Hoya." Sunny said as she started scrolling through her phone. I saw her press something and an instant beat started playing.

(Here is what Sunny played----------->>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN6aX2FQR_8​)

We all started nodding with grins, even Old Lady Ra started to smile about this situation, while Kai and Hoya just blushed. 

"What are you waiting for, Hoya?" Suuny asked.

Hoya blushed but stepped forward and started dancing. Once he started dancing, we all started chanting and cheered for him. I even saw Kai cheer for him. 

I must admit, the guy got some moves! He executed every move swiftly.

When the song ended, Hoya stopped and was panting a bit, but we all just clapped and cheered. Hoya sat down on the floor near the ouch and all our attentions soon landed on Kai.

"Now it's Kai's turn. And I have the perfect one for you!" Ailee said deviously as she also started scrolling through her phone. She pressed something another instant beat started playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqz7_qoQxpA​<---------------------------------------- (Ailee's song of choice)

 

Kai's moves weren't so bad either. In fact, they're as swift as Hoya's! We cheered and fist pumped the air as Kai continued dancing.

 

.....♦.................♦.....

 

After what seemed like hours, I finally went to bed. It was a long night. After Kai's dance, we all cheered but we noticed that we spent a bit too long with ourselves. If you know what I mean. But since we're all old enough, Old Lady Ra let us off the hook but I was too sleepy to continue any more late night activities.

I jumped on the bed and let my stomach hug the bed. I didn't bother to turn on the light, I already washed my face, and just finished brushing my teeth. I turned my head and looked outside my window. 

It was a clear night and the moon shone brightly over the place. I couldn't see the stars for the trees from the forest were too tall but I could tell they were there. 

As I continued to look outside my window, I suddenly saw a figure, walking towards the forest. The figure was a girl and she looked very young. She was wearing a long white dress that went all the way to her feet and her black hair was cut short. I raised my head to have a closer look to see if I wasn't seeing things, but I saw what I saw. When the girl was near the forest, she turned her head back slowly.

My eyes widened, did she notice me? Of course she noticed me, who wouldn't feel if someone was looking at you?!

The girl's head continued to turn until I saw half of her face.

When I saw her face, my heart skipped a beat and my stomach did a double take. 

It was the girl from the portrait.

 


Finally did this chapter! Sorry for making you guys wait for so long! 

I just love Step Up Revolution, that's why.. you know.

Thanks again to all my subscribers and readers! ~ :)